Buff Badgers 3/9-3/13

lvnascar

Cathlete
Todays workout Chest, Back, Legs & Abs.

Really busy this weekend again. Saturday was cleaning the church, taking youngest to her dance class, getting oldest DD some new spikes and running shoes then going to a friends house for a little chatting. Sunday oldest DD had a "friend" over that was a boy. So of course I had to be "around" the house.:D Youngest DD made me laugh when she was trying to see if her sister got a kiss when she walked him to his car. Little sisters don't change to much through the years do they.;) LOL!

Otherwise is wasn't to bad of a weekend, got all my lessons done for bible class tonight, and I need to change my hair appointment for tomorrow. Youngest DD is in a second dance for her recital, and they will have practice on Tuesdays.

Got on the bike at the gym on Friday, and have to say it was a lot of fun. Found it interesting how fast I could get my HR up in such a short time with speed/resistance.

Laurie

Last edited:
Good Morning,

Today I did STS Chest, shoulders and triceps, first workout in Meso. 2. I like this meso better than the endurance. Also did pilates abs and med ball abs. Gained 2 pounds since starting STS. Not exactly the way I wanted to go.

Laurie, spinning is fun fun fun. Did you use a CC workout? Funny about youngest DD wondering if older DD will get a kiss. Glad you have your bible work done. Sounds like you had a busy weekend. What kind of dance does youngest DD do?

Hi to all you BB's.:)

Hi Ladies! :D

My weekend was pretty good, except for the weather! Saturday I ran 3.5 miles and walked Ruby for another 3 miles, then I did some ab work. Sunday was a much needed rest day for me! However, I did take DD to get her hair done. We got 6" of snow yesterday and it was awful to drive in! White-out conditions are not fun! This morning they had a 2 hour delay due to fog and ice.

Today will be the elliptical for 45mn followed by pilates lower body.

Laurie, enjoy the bible class tonight.

Karen, glad you are liking the new STS cycle. The 2 pounds is just muscle!!

Have a good night!

Susan, I wish it was just muscle, the inches have grown too. Also not a good thing.:confused: Boy, you guys got all the snow then. We didn't get anything. Sorry for your long drive and stress, but on the other hand I am glad we didn't get any snow. I need spring. I hope it all melts nice and quickly for you. NIce job on the run. You are really fast. I couldn't do 3.5 miles in your 28 min. time. Way to go. Have fun with your elliptical and pilates.

Morning!

Todays workout was suppose to be a spin on the bike, but since I am now having to take youngest DD to a dance class tonight I will change it to the TM workout I had scheduled for Friday.:( I was looking forward to using the bike again.:D Along with the TM work, will be Core. No running outside for this girl with all this rain we are getting.:( Again Cami and I came in soaking wet. I think Cami enjoys getting a towel rub down though. She stands there and waits for me to dry her off.:D LOL!

Karen, No I didn't use the CC workout, but I can see how it would work really well with the bike. I have to get myself an I-Pod, since oldest DD took hers back since hers was stolen. :( Youngest DD has ballet and is doing a jazz dance also. Her dance studio does these little dances every year, and last year was Oliver. This year is One Meatball. DD is a waitress in this performance. Should be fun to see. Sorry about the 2lb gain, can you point to what might be causing it? Overtraining or calories?

Susan, I did enjoy my bible class last night. We are following the series Believing God with Beth Moore (You can find it on the web also). I just love the way she is getting me to think. Wow, I knew someone was getting the snow, because it wasn't us. Where you getting the rain this morning?

Laurie

Good Afternoon,

Today I did spinning to CC8, then a segment from stretchmax.

Laurie, I thought DD got her ipod back. Have fun on the treadmill. Sounds like it should be a fun time watching youngest DD dance. It's neat they put on plays, not just make up dances. I don't blame you for not running in the rain. I decided not to run outside today for that very reason.

I went to DD school and helped this am, now DD16 need shoes(she forgot them in someone elses van) for her large group choir this afternoon. DS14 and DD16 started track. DS11 just finished up basketball last night with another loss. Will be taking DD6 to swimming lessons tonight. Trying to get things together for DD17-18th birthday party and DS15. Boy, I am getting old.

Have a great day.

Morning!

Today was power yoga with Kristin McGee. Tonight is youngest DD's last concert. She goes to middle school next year, so I'm just about jumping for joy right now. :D

Karen, Nope DD's I-Pod will probably never show up again. The police officer at the school is a lazy *&^! :mad: I don't think he did anything about helping to find the dang thing. Dang you really do have to run around with those children.:) And here I was having a party because this is DD's last concert!:eek: LOL!

Laurie

Good Morning,

Today I did STS disk 14 Legs. Also did weights and plates abs-the weight part only.

Laurie, that is one yoga dvd I have always wanted. I really like Kristen. Have fun. Wow, your youngest DD is going to Middle school. My DS11 is heading to MS next year also.

Hi to all and have a great day.

Hi there!:D Sorry I didn't get around to posting yesterday! After school I had to take DS to the dentsit and by the time I got home it was time for supper, then help DS with homework, then do chores, so...the workout didn't happen! Today is KPC!

Yes, we got a lot of rain yesterday which got rid of most of the snow! Today it's just blustery and cold! Right when I want to get into running, the weather sabatoges my plan!! :mad: Looks like the weekend should be warming up so I hope to get out there again then.

My DD was just telling me her Phy. Ed teacher couldn't talk due to bronchitis or something. Anyway, she is having them do Billy Blank's Bootcamp workouts instead. My DD hates them/him! I had to laugh! I told her I have a dvd in the basement of his she could use to perfect her form!:p She did not find me amusing...

Have a great night! Susan

Hi! I have been MIA for a while. These past weeks have been crazy and I don´t know if they will get much better :( This is my rest week, so other than walking Tank, I am resting :). Karen, glad you are liking the meso 2 better. What do I have in store for myself next week?

Laurie, sounds like you have your hands full with both DDs! And your dancing DD will be busy!

Susan, I was just beginning to run outdoors, too, but with -18 today, that wasn´t about to happen! Karen is right, I wouldn´t be able to keep up with you!

I downloaded 4 or 5 CC when I saw they were on sale, but haven´t tried any yet. Karen, I see you use them for spinning.

Karen track is starting already? I should pay more attention, I didn´t think it started at our school yet, but I bet it did!

Enjoy your evenings and tomorrow!

HI again!

Lala, I hope life calms down for you soon! Enjoy the rest week!

Today is the elliptical followed by Pilates Abwork.

I am looking forward to the warmer weather this weekend! I'll be able to run again! ;)

Have a great day-Susan

Morning!

Todays workout is Shoulder, Biceps, Triceps and Core. I had a sinus headache this morning and was very hungry, so I opted out of getting a workout in until after work. I didn't think it would be an effective workout if I wasn't feeling well. DD11's concert last night was cute, and her sister straightened her hair out so she looked so grown up.:(

Karen, Yep my youngest will be in MS next year, and of course she is my baby so I'm a little scared for her. I know she will do fine, because she can make friends without a problem. She turns 12 next week, so I only have one more year with a pre-teen. :D I found that Kristin McGee DVD at Half Price Books, and it was the best purchase for yoga I have ever made. I love that DVD, and should get it into my rotation more often.

Susan, Don't worry about missing us, dang I was out for almost 3 weeks. My girls didn't like Billy either. Wonder why. :D I really like him. Your night sounded a lot like mine. ;)

Lala, Take care of your busy self. You can use those CC for just about anything type of cardio equipment. I have to get to that site and order what I don't have. ;) Oh I bet your track season started on Monday, because that is when ours started. I'm positive that the WIAA date was the 9th. :rolleyes: LOL! You know you can't start any practive before the WIAA says so. :p

Laurie

Hello,

Today i did KPC and a segment of stretchmax. Also added 4DS kickbox onto the end of KPC.

Laurie, hope you are feeling better tonight. Nice of DD16? to help DD12 with her hair. Have a good workout tonight.

Susan, this weather sure did put a damper in your running and mine too. I can hardly wait for the warmer weather that is coming. Funny about DD and Billy Blanks.

lala, nice to hear from you again. Was wondering how you were doing on your rest week. I still have doms from Mon. and I can't even sit or bend down from yesterdays workout. Almost couldn't do a workout today I am so sore. I wonder if it is worth it for me to continue. I see no changes, and I am sore all the time. I have never had DOMS so consistantly. She really challenges you in meso 2. I use cardio coaches for running outside, and on the treadmill, for snowshoeing and biking or spinning inside. They are great and Laurie is right you can use it on any kind of equiptment. Hope you enjoy them as much as I do. CC7 is my all time fav. I use that one a lot.

If the weather ever gets warmer, I´ll join you all o a run this weekend;)
Karen CC7 is one of the ones I got...so may recommended it. Your report from meso 2 makes me nervous/scared for next week. Also, I´m sure there are improvements, besides the DOMS ;)}sometimes they won´t show right away.

Laurie, glad you enjoyed DDs concert! I get sinus headaches occassionally, too, they are awful.

Hi susan, have a great run this weekend!

(Am watching the girls BB championship game...Marshfield is playing and it is a close game!)

Good Morning,

Today I am doing disk 15 back/biceps. Still waiting for the DOMS in my legs and tush to go away. Tomorrow, hopefully a run and Sun. maybe bike outside.:cool:

lala, what other CC did you get. They are all so great. It will be fun knowing everyone is running this weekend. We could all run together except Susan is to fast for us. We would be breathing in her dust.

Have a great day and weekend.

Hi there!

Oh, I doubt I'd be kicking up any dust,ladies! But thanks! My hamstrings have been achey this week so I may be going slower tomorrow! ;) Today is Bootcamp,the one workout I love to hate!:p

Hope to get some Spring cleaning started this weekend. Otherwise it's going to be pretty quiet. DH has to work 10 hours on Saturday!:( I'll probably just run errands and clean!

Have a great Friday!

Susan

Morning!

Today is a bike workout at the gym and core work. We will be going out with my DB's and DS's and their spouses tonight so I need to get to the gym and get out quick.:D We will be heading to Claim Jumpers. My girls along with my oldest niece and nephew will help out to watch all the younger kids. This gives my 3 younger siblings a chance to relax for an evening. :D Plus I get to gossip with my sisters.:rolleyes: LOL!

Karen, Yep the oldest is almost 16. Her b'day is at the end of this month. So we are having a friend party for her the night before, because she has a track meet on the day of her b'day. Poor kid! DH and I will take her out for her b'day steak that night (after she has had a nap). :D Wow STS sure is giving people DOMS!

Lala, A run sounds pretty good with the weather that we are suppose to be getting. :) I like to watch the HS basketball tournament. How did Marshfield do? I always like to root for those northern WI teams, because they don't get down to Madison to often.

Susan, LOL! Your legs are achy and you did Bootcamp! :eek: You do like to torture yourself!:D LOL! That one always gets me in the legs. Oh I don't envy you with the spring cleaning. I still am trying to recover from cleaning my kitchen. :rolleyes: LOL!

Laurie

Laurie, sounds like a nice evening planned! And I´m sure that DD (almost 16) will really enjoy a steak after her meet! Marshfield lost, but played very well up until the last three important minutes!

Karen, let´s see...CC7, CC2,3,4

Susan and Karen, will be thinking of you when running (well, really jogging!)

I just uploaded some pics of my kitchen in my profile, please don't look at the mess in my sink. Had family over last night and didn't do the dishes! And you just might see Cami looking out the patio door! :rolleyes: Her favorite spot to catch those squirrels and deer!

Today is Yoga of some sort, and I'm going to do my best to enjoy this sunny day today! Only thing that I need to run around is youngest to dance!

Had a great time out last night, and it was nice to see my younger siblings enjoy there kid free night out.

Lala, Oh to bad they lost, I will have to try and catch the championship games today! Have a great run!

Laurie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.