BUFF BADGERS 3/3 - 3/7

susanz

Cathlete
Hi Ladies! Hope you all enjoyed the weekend! Mine was quiet but nice. Ran errands on Saturday and yesterday cleaned and exercised.

Saturday was a 40mn walk followed by PUB. Sunday was Step Blast. Today was shoveling ( x( ) for 40mn and now PLB. I'm going to go look for 30# dumbbells today!

Have a great Monday! Susan

Morning BB's,

Todays workout was Bryan Kest Power Yoga Sweat, and I will do a 2m run later tonight.

Saturday I did a 4m run, and Sunday was Tae Bo Advanced #1. Overall I had fun with what I did. :) Went shopping with the girls on Sat, and we got oldest shoes for track. Then we went clothes shopping and DD14 spent some money on clothes. :) Sunday DD11 and I went and got her some gym shoes, because hers had holes in them. :D

Susan, Sorry to hear that you had to shovel again. I'm hoping for not to much of that when I get home. :) I'm ready for the snow to just to go away. Go get those dumbbells!!!

Have a great day!

Laurie

Hi BBs,
Went back to read last week so will try and catch up.

Laurie - what marathon did you sign up for?

Susan - let us know what dumbbells you find. I will need to buy more eventually but still thinking about what to get.

Sue - I caved and ordered STS. For now though I am going to focus on the kettlebells and see what this does for me.

I didn't get in the spin class on Saturday and forgot my ipod so I did the NIA class. IMO NIA is a new age dancey workout. Didn't love it. I am in for spin this Saturday but am still thinking about maybe trying belly dance again. The teacher is now someone we had as a sub and I liked her plus it is only 30 minutes and the same teacher is doing Zumba after. I didn't click with the Zumba the 2 times I tried it but wanted to try it again to see if it was the teacher. I have time to think. I love my Wed belly dance class but wasn't quite as fond of the Sat class because of the instructor. She was nice but disorganized.

Where is spring?????? Meterogical spring started Saturday so we are supposed to be seeing more signs of spring. Actually the weekend wasn't bad but I want more of that.

Susan - More snow again? Ugh! So did March come in like a lion because of this snowstorm or like a lamb since it was warmer over the weekend? I'm hoping lion so it goes out like a lamb and we FINALLY get spring!!! :) Wishful thinking I know. Yes, go get those 30 pounders. ;-)

Laurie - Did you ever get Pace weights? Did you hear there are new Barry's Bootcamps? Ugh! If I hadn't just ordered STS I'd be tempted. Did you know Billy Blanks has some shorter workouts on Time Warner Exercise on Demand (I think it's channel 1131?).

So I FINALLY ordered STS over the weekend! Leaving for Dallas next weekend (class for work) and didn't want to forget and miss the deadline for the price increase while I was busy packing and getting ready. After my gift card is applied it will come to $151.88. That sounds better than $208.94 anyway. ;-) Wonder how long it will take before we get these?

I took a half day on Friday because I was exhausted. Busy week and I'm fighting a cold, flu or something so took another rest day on Friday. Slept a LOT over the weekend but managed to do Step Blast combos 1-3 on Saturday, PLB on Sunday and 4DS Kickbox cardio only plus Boot Camp core premix this morning. Still not feeling 100% so taking it easier as far as workouts go.

Sue

Sue/Laurie - fI think the new Barry's Bootcamps just use bands rather than dumbbells. There are some threads on VF about these.

Sue - hope you feel better. I did the 3 payment so I wouldn't be too traumatized by the price.

Marie - Thanks for the info on BBC. I can't keep up with all those threads on VF so haven't read much about it. All my brain saw was "new Barry's Bootcamps" and I got excited because I enjoyed the original ones so much. Well, shoot. Now I'm not so tempted. I like bandwork but as a supplement to traditional weight work but not as a replacement.

Sue

Morning BB's,

Today I did a 3m run, and when I get home will do Stretch X.

Had a busy night with picking up DD14 from track practice, and youngest having dance class. I was tired last night. :D

Marie, I have not signed up for a marathon. I just have been trying to increase my running. I'm hoping spring will arrive soon. I am listening to the radio here, and heard that he was retiring. I'm very sad, because I think he is a great player. I'm happy for him, and glad that we don't need to hear speculation anymore. :D I have been looking at those Baryy's for almost 2 weeks. It might be a fun thing to do inbetween tough rotations like P90X and STS.

Sue, Nope I haven't gotten them yet, but will need to get them before STS arrives on my doorstep. I think 5lb increments will to big of a jump for me to do, so the plates will work great. I will have to check out Exercise on Demand. I tend to forget that those are on there.

Susan, The snow didn't overtake you did it? I have been waiting for that smell of spring to be in the air. Even though we had warm temps on Sunday, it still didn't smell like spring. :D :D

Have a great day!

Laurie

Marie - Thanks for the BBC link. I'll have to check it out at lunchtime. I'm afraid the Brett Favre news is true. All the guys at work are in mourning! Bad for the Packers but good for him. Now he can spend more time with his family.

Laurie - I'm looking forward to spring, too. I'm itching to be able to go for walks and jogs outside. I *could* do that now but would rather wait until the ice and/or big puddles are gone.

Did Musclemax Upper Body premix 41 min. this morning and added on 100 crunches and 100 walking lunges on my own.

Sue

Yes they have confirmed the bad news! Watching him over the years has been such a joy that it will be sad to have him gone. But he went out on top.

Laurie - my DH does lots of marathons. The Badgerland Striders do a nice build up for the Lakefront Marathon. That was his first marathon 3 1/2 years ago and now he has done 15. He is doing 3 in April and May.

Hi there! Sorry for the late check-in! Busy day, as usual!

Sad news about Brett but we knew it couldn't last forever. I hope he and his family are happy in whatever they chose to do.

Today was the elliptical for 45mn plus a 30mn walk. Man, I need Spring! I am just crabby lately and I know it's this darn cabin-fever! I too prefer running outdoors without snow/ice so I am anxious for it all to go away!

I went shopping for weights yesterday. Well, Oshkosh does not have a major sporting goods store so I just went to every store I could think of. No one carried anything over 25#. As I was driving out of town I remembered they had a "Play It Again Sports" there that I should have tried! So, I'll be calling them and then heading over there hopefully sometime this week!

Talk to you later! Susan

Susan - I finally tried Winsor Pilates Maximum Burn last night. It'll take awhile to get the moves down. I like the faster pace but needed a little more instruction for some moves since I don't do a lot of Pilates. My abs are sore today but I hardly worked up a sweat. Do you sweat when you do Pilates? Forgive me if that's a stupid question. I know if my form was as good as the girls on screen I would have been working hard AND sweating so I'm wondering if I just need more practice.

Laurie - How was StretchX last night?

This morning I did Musclemax Lower Body premix (23 min.) plus Pure Strength Legs floorwork and abs. Now my abs are REALLY sore! Should have skipped them in PS but I usually slack off when it comes to abs so decided to do them since I was "in the mood".

Happy Wednesday!

Sue

Morning BB's,

Workout today was a 2m run and Total Body Stretch #1. Will get Core Syn in later today.

We had coyotes in our neighborhood yesterday. I heard them in the morning when I was walking the dog, and DH when he was letting the dog out last night. He came back in the house and said that there was a big pack of them. I said to him, "I told you that this morning". He said "I didn't know that it was such a big pack". He was scared, but just think what I was feeling when I heard them yesterday morning. This morning I didn't hear a thing, so I'm hoping that they headed back into the marsh. At least from there they sound very far away. :D

Susan, I think Play it Again is a good idea, hope they have some heavy weights. Our Walmart does have up to 30-35 lbs too. Let the snow go away, because I really want to do some spring cleaning. I can't believe I just said that. Our house seems to need a good airing out. :D

Marie, I don't know if I'm ready for a marathon. I have thought of doing a triathlon, but need to improve my swimming. I may see what my DD wants to do. I know she is interest in trying some runs, but I don't know how that affects her WIAA status.

Sue, Oh I agree it is not fun to run when you have to avoid puddles and ice. No way am I running when it is under 20 deg, it just is to cold. Can you believe that it is suppose to get to zero or under tonight! I think it is clear that just about everyone in this state is ready for the weather to change. :D

Have a great day ladies,

Laurie

Hi there!

Sue, when I do Max. Burn I usually do start getting pretty warm , a slight sweat,near the end. I agree it does work the abs! It took me a little while to get used to some of the moves as well!

Where we used to live, out in the country, we had coyotes. When I'd walk the dog at night I'd hear them yippin. My DH would tell me not to worry they won't come after you or the dog. But I was always picking up the pace when I'd hear them!

Today is PUB!

Hi Marie!

Have a good night!:D

Afternoon BB's,

Got a late start for posting today, had some training that needed to get done.

Workout today was Yoga Zone Power Yoga.

I have been listening to Brett's new conference. He is such an emotional player, and I am having a hard time not sheading a tear right now.

Sue, That pup is a cutie, but I am so glad that I didn't have to see any of those things in person. :)

Susan, I was very nervous when I heard them, they just seem so dang close. I'm sure they wouldn't have done anything to Cami and I, but that howl sends chills down your spine.

Marie, Hope your day is a good one.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Good afternoon, ladies!

I wonder if Brett will stick around Green Bay or move south right away. Laurie, did Brett say anything in his news conference for what his future plans are? I was joking with DH last night about how cool it would be if Brett coached the other Waukesha West 5th/6th grade football team. Mark Chmura coached one of the teams last year and they only lost 1 game. Hey, he needs a job now, right? ;) :7

Been having a hard time getting going in the morning for cardio so decided to do the cardio from Cathe's Wedding video. It starts out pretty slow which is good since I'm still waking up. :)

Sue

HI there!

I have not had a chance to hear Brett's goodbye but I am sure it will be repeated plenty this evening! I had heard he wants to be at home on his farm.

Today I am pulling out StepWorks, just cuz I haven't done it in eons!

Have a great night! Susan

Hi! I'm early today! :)

Today may have to be my "off" day for the week. My friend called last night and asked if I could watch 2 of her children after school while she takes the other to the Children's Hospital in Madison for some tests. Her DD has Cystic Fibrosis and there seems to be a small problem. So any way, depending on when the kiddies go home will determine whether I workout or not!

Saturday our friends from southern Illinois are meeting us in Madison for the weekend. We're all staying at a hotel so the kids can play/swim and we adults can relax. We are all looking forward to it! I hope to get a good workout in before we head out though!

Hope you all have a great Friday! Don't forget to Spring ahead this weekend! :p

Susan

Morning BB's,

Todays workout was a 3m run and I plan on doing XStretch later tonight. Maybe DD14 will workout with me, since it would be a good compliment to all the track practice she has been through this week.

Susan, Have a great time in Madison this weekend. Hope your friend's DD gets through the test, and they can determine how to treat her. You are a good person to watch the kids on such short notice.

Sue, You know I have the video and I have never done the workout. :D I guess I just never think of that one.

Well this weekend will be some housework and some sewing. Hopefully the sewing goes really well.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.