BUFF BADGERS 2/6 - 2/13

susanz

Cathlete
Hello there! Looks like we were all a bit busy yesterday!

My weekend was good. DS basketball tournament was tough to watch! They lost 2 and won 1. It was the first time they had ever played against another team so it was a great learning experience for them! Saturday was a very nice long walk and pilates and Sunday was 45mn pilates.

I found a website through Oxygen magazine called www.ultimatepilatesworkouts.com. For a free membership you can download pilates workouts and boy are they tough! These ladies use moves that I had not been taught before and are very challenging. You can also buy the workouts for 3-6 dollars. Yesterday I did their pilates ring 45mn workout and then their sculpt and precision workout for 30mn. I was huffing and puffing! I am glad I have found a place that will challenge more in my pilates practices. I am going to try their "ball" workout next!;)

Hope you are all able to get out and enjoy this great weather! It's been nice being able to walk to work again!

Bye! Susan

Hi BB's,

Over the weekend I got a 2 mile walk and a 4 mile run in. Yesterday I did disk 4 of STS. Today I am doing spinning when I get back from helping at DD6 school.

Tomorrow heading to another Dr. to see if they can figure out what this burning rash I have is. To bad I don't have much faith in Dr.'s. Makes it harder to go.

Susan, sorry DD son lost more games than he won. I'll bet it was fun to watch. DD11 BB team has only won 2 games their whole season. I still love watching it. The website you found is really neat. I have it bookmarked and I want to try some of them. Of course, I am not advanced at pilates like you, but it will be fun trying. Did Cathe's ball abs from STS and I won't be doing that one again. It was not even worth the time because I couldn't do any of the exercises anyway.

Have a great day.

Karen, good luck at the Dr! I hope it's nothing serious! Have you tried cortisone cream or anything on it?

I am going to go get on the elliptical now. Haven't decided which workout I'll do on it yet though! My body has been pretty sore from those pilates workouts! ;)

Hi

Went to Dr. or course they are sending me to a different doctor-in a month. I think I probably won't go. I'll have to figure it out on my own as usual.

Susan, neat to be sore doing something so good for you that you like to do. Are you seeing great results? I know I sure like the pilates on Cathe's abs dvd.

Have a great day.

Today I did disk 6 legs of STS.

Hi! Looks like we´ve all had a busy week. I got a run in this past weekend and on Monday started STS. So far, so good! I actually did 4 pull-ups! DD was surprised I couldn´t do more:).

Karen, I did the STS abs with medicine ball, and afterward I thought it wasn´t much, but the next day I was feeling it!

Susan, I´ll have to visit that website. You are one to really get a variety in on your exercise!

Our exchange student left yesterday morning. She was wonderful and we are going to miss her:(.

lala, nice job getting a run in over the weekend. It is easy to get attached to the foreign exchange students isn't it? My daughter really enjoys them at school. I'll have to try the medicine ball ab workout. Nice job on the pullups. They are tough. I used the assisted by putting a band over both ends and putting my knee in the loop.

Hi ladies! Yesterday was an "off" day for me as far as exercise went. Had to run DD to the hobby store for some project she's building then run DS to basketball practice... Today is the elliptical and 30mn Pilates Precision workout.

Karen, sorry you still don't know what that rash is from. I hope it clears up on its own!

Lala, good job with the running. I am going to start running again on March 2nd. Don't know why I picked that date but I do hope it's warmer by then!;) Way to go on the pull-ups! My shoulders are so weak I'd be surpirsed if I did 1!:eek:

Have a great day ladies! Susan

Hi,

Today I did KPC and the headed to DD6 and DS11 school to sell puppy chow mix to raise money for the new police dog.

Tonight I am taking the kids and one of DD6 friend to go ice skating at a free outdoor ice rink. Should be fun trying to get all those skates tied tight enough.

Susan, hope you get you workout in today. You are busy, busy, busy.

Have a great day.

Hi!
Susan, you deserve an "off" day...you really do some intense workouts!

Karen, puppy chow for a new dog...cute:), plus, I *heart* puppy chow! I'd like to go outdoor skating, but it's actually been too warm and the rink is melting:(. Usually once it starts melting, they don't maintain it, but it seems awfully early this year.

Did KPC this a.m. with one pound weights...they made a difference! Tomorrow is my first STS legs...I'm a little nervous...how weird to be nervous about a workout:confused:

Hi Laurie, Sue, and Dani, hope you guys are all right!

Hi there! Finally Friday! Today is Pilates with the resistance bands and some form of cardio but I haven't decided what. Maybe Rythmic Step! That always puts a smile on my face!

My weekend is uneventful. Saturday I have to run errands, etc and Sunday we have to go to the in-laws for the afternoon.

Hope you each have a nice Valentine's Day! We were going to go out to eat for supper but, I lost a diamond in my anniversary band and it's going to take a pretty penny to fix so I told him I would feel guilty spending any extra money! The jewler didn't know how it could have fallen out since all the prongs were still in place and what not. :confused:

I'll check back later! :D

Hi gals,

Today I did STS legs 2nd week, and abs weights and plates. Tough.

Going to lunch with a friend today. Have a lot of laundry to catch up on.

lala, so you like puppy chow, me too. To bad all your ice has melted. I guess that's good I live in the frigid north part of Wis. I use weighted gloves with KPC too. Always love that workout. Glad you are enjoying STS.

Susan, Rhythmic Step, love that workout. It is so much fun. I think my fav step workout from Cathe. To me the music is motivating. Glad you have an uneventful weekend ahead. Enjoy your Valentine meal out. Weird about the prongs still being in place but the diamond gone. New diamonds all around.

Enjoy your day all. Have a good weekend. Don't know if I'll get any workouts in but I will try for some cardio.

Hello Ladies,

I am finally able to check in. I have had a busy week, well every week seems really busy but I think that is cause I start work at 2am. I am loving STS. I haven't done the abs yet but I just finished week 1. It is really perfect and challenging. I have to finish my 1rm which I slightly cheated on. I will do them this weekend.

Susan I am sorry to hear about your ring and that is weird with the prongs still in place. I also love Rythmic Step when I finally got the steps down. I am not so graceful.

Karen hope you figure out your rash. What a bummer. Sounds like your a week ahead of me on STS. Is your husband doing it too?

Well I am off to clean the house. What fun. Have a great Valentine's weekend everyone.

Yesterday did STS legs 1...am STILL sore! Wow, I don´t think I´ve been this sore before! So today I swam for an hour with my itrain Natalie Coughlin. She has me doing lots of laps with just legs, but it did stretch them out!

Susan; I lost my diamond years ago for my engagement ring, never got it replaced:(. But also lost at least one diamond from one of those "forever" rings and did have those replaced, so yea, I understand.

Dani, what do you do that you work at 2am? Do you do your workouts after you get home?

Enjoy your weekend !

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.