BUFF BADGERS 2/4 - 2/8

susanz

Cathlete
Hi there fellow BB's!

Well, that was a fun football game to watch last night. I was happy to see the Giants win!

My weekend was quiet as our DD11 was on a weekend trip with our church group. My DS8 and I had shopping to do and that was about it!I jumped on the elliptical for 50mn (Extrmeme Heart rate) on Saturday and yesterday was CTX Kickbox & CTX Power Circuit(cardio only) followed by Pilates Max. Burn 20mn.

Today is the elliptical for 50mn...and I'll probably throw in some strength training as well. DS8 is home sick with a bad cold today. :(

Hope you are doing well. Make it a great day! Susan

Morning BB's,

Today was Legs & Back / B&G Abs / Seg 1 of TLB Stretching

I also am glad that the Giants won, but do I think Eli was the MVP!!! Probably not. I think the receiver that caught the ball on his helmet was the really MVP. If he didn't catch that ball, things would have been totally different. To bad you can't give the MVP to more than one player, because the defense did a great job. I'm so happy that Randy Moss will not have a super bowl ring for another year. :7 :7 :7 Yes he is one guy I can't stand. :7 :7

This weekend was Shoulder & Arms / Ab Hits and Yoga Zone Power Yoga for workouts.

Susan, Hope your DS starts feeling better soon, all this warm/cold/warm/cold doesn't help with all those germs. x( My youngest was complaining of not feeling well this morning, but she didn't have a fever. So off to school with her.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Day 38 of 12 Week Challenge

Susan - Did I tell you I ordered Maximum Burn? Can't wait to try it. Hope DS8 feels better soon. We have 2 people in our dept. out sick today and they're both people who hardly ever get sick. A lot of bad stuff going around.

Laurie - I agree with you on the MVP thing. I'm not a big football fan but I had to watch the last part of the game. It was nice to see it wasn't a blowout for a change. I do the same thing with my kids - "No fever, then it's off to school with you."

Have to share some great news with you guys. On Saturday I weighed myself and I was down 6 POUNDS in 1 week!!! That NEVER happens to me and I'm still trying to figure out what I did differently (scratching my head). Maybe it was the snow shoveling, or sleeping in late 1 day and working out at night - I don't know. I switched from BBC and did PH 1 day and GS Timesaver. Eating has been the same. TTOTM just ended so maybe I got rid of some extra water weight. Regardless, I'm tickled pink. :) I'm down now a total of 9 pounds since 12/29 (5 weeks). I really want to get down to my goal weight this time which means losing 19 more pounds. It's a realistic goal I know because I've been that weight and actually much lighter before.

Found out today I'm going to Dallas for a week of training in March. At least this time I get to go with someone. :)

Workouts over the weekend were as follows: Saturday - Powerstrike I (nearly killed me), Sunday - GS-BSB Timesaver, Rhythmic Step combos 1-3, Bootcamp abs (got the idea from Laurie last week when she said they were here favorite) and Monday - GS Legs Timesaver #1 plus band work for inner, outer thighs. Hamstrings have been sore since Saturday so that's why I opted to do the timesaver this morning for legs. Owie!

Sue

Sue, I hope you like Max. Burn as much as I do. I actually bought a new pilates mat this weekend! I was using an extra carpet remnant my DH cut for me but this mat is so much more comfortable! Also, congrats on the weight loss!! :D Woo Hoo!! You have been working really hard and I am glad it has paid off for you!

Are you still caffiene free? If so how is it going?

Do you like Powerstrike? I have often thought of getting it but I tend to stick with the same instructors...

Congrats again!! Susan

Susan - Thanks. :) It feels good to finally see positive results.

Is a Pilates mat the same as a yoga mat? I have just a regular padded mat that I use for yoga, stretching and abwork and have often wondered if I needed a different mat.

I caved on the caffeine with Diet Mountain Dew last week because I really wanted a snack from the vending machine even though I wasn't hungry - just bored - and water wasn't cutting it. I figured it was better to cave on the diet soda than eat junk. I'm still drinking a LOT more water than I used to though.

I liked Powerstrike a lot but man, oh man was it tough! }( I had to pause so many times it was embarassing because the pace is really fast and there aren't any breaks. It's intense and a little hard to follow at first since you learn a series of combos and then she stops cueing the moves once you combine them so you have to memorize the sequence. (ie. triple jab, cross, double jab, cross, jab, cross, jab, duck, cross, hook, hook) It's not impossible - this was only my 2nd time and I did okay. I think workout is the reason my hamstrings are sore today. }(

Sue

Morning BB's,

Todays workout was KenpoX.

Sue, Congrats on the weight loss. That is awsome. Maybe it is a combination of less stress (system install), water consumption, caffine intake and working your butt off! :7 :7 I don't have Powerstrike, but it sounds like something I should have. :D

Susan, How is your DS doing this morning. My daughter was just fine, and is very excited today. She only has to be in school for a half day today! Parent teacher conferences or some such thing. :D How do you like the Yoga Zone Power Yoga? Is that the one for strength and endurance. I like how she works one side then the other side in that one. My legs feel like jello afterwards. :D

Hope we all survive the coming snow! I can't believe how the news media is about this storm. Like we haven't seen snow this winter or what! :)

Have a great day!

Laurie

Laurie - Haven't you heard? This is THE BIG ONE! LOL That's what 1 radio station called it this morning. Glad to hear DD is feeeling better. We still have sickos here at work.

Susan - Hope DS is feeling better.

I did PUB this morning.

Sue

Oh, and yes, you would enjoy Powerstrike, Laurie. ;-) I just have Powerstrike I on vhs. I heard I and II were the best. I hope to get II and her new one on dvd "some day".

Sue

Hi all!!

Sue,the mat you have should be fine. I got mine from Dick's Sporting Goods and it said it was for pilates or yoga.

I bought the Oxygen Fat Loss issue over the weekend. They have a plyometric workout in there that I am going to do today. It says to run a 50yard dash in between exercises but since I can't do that in my basement I am going to jump rope instead. Then I will be doing some strength training of my own...

DH just left on an overnight trip to Chicago. They hope to beat the storm. I hope they make it there safely! My DS is feeling better. He's still stuffy but is peppier!

See you tomorrow! Susan

Susan - How did you like your plyo workout? Sounds tough. Did your DH beat the storm? Driving home last night was more slippery than this morning for me. Glad your DS is feeling better. Is school called off for your kids, too?

Hi, Laurie! How was your drive in this morning?

It was quite a sweatfest at Dojo last night. Not many people showed up because of the weather so the instructor let us have a little fun. We played hockey with padded swords and then practiced our kicks. This morning was Shovel Max. DH came out to help so I only burned 260 calories; otherwise, I would have been on track to burn 400. Oh, well. Guess he felt guilty after laying in bed the last time and leaving all the shoveling to me. :+

No school today so now the kids have to go June 12 instead of getting out June 11. I'm hoping to leave work early today.

Everyone drive safely!

Sue

Morning BB's,

Todays workout was StretchX. That got me nice and relaxed for the drive in to work. :D The drive in was not fun, but since hardly anyone came in to work, it was actually not a bad ride in. ;-)

Susan, I was looking at that issue, and wondering if I should buy it. So I am curious how that Plyo workout was too. :D Since I have a TM in the basement I could probably do the sprint on that.

Sue, My DD's don't have school either. And I am thinking of leaving work early today too. I am wondering if our church will have Ash Wednesday service today. I was suppose to have choir practice after ther service. From what I can see alot of churches are not having their services.

Have a great day!

Laurie

HI everyone!

I loved my plyo workout and plan to incorporate it in about once a week. I am a little sore and think I will be having DOMS tomorrow! Instead of one of the suggested jumps I did plyo scissors. Instead of only 2 sets of 15 I did 3 sets of as many as I could! I really pushed myself and had fun. I loved my jump roping too! :)

Today is Pilates Advanced Body Sculpting. I hope to stretch out the muscles a bit!

We did not get the snow they had predicted for our area. Maybe 1-2" is all. So the kids went to school and I went to work!:-(

Hope you ladies made it home safe and sound. My DH did beat the storm yesterday and today he just called to say he'd be home in an hour!

Stay strong- Susan

Susan - Good job on the plyo workout. Sounds like you really pushed yourself. Hope your DOMS isn't too bad today. Good to hear your DH beat the storm and made it home safely (I assume). Still waiting for Maximum Burn to arrive. It's been almost a week so should be any day now.

Laurie - How was your drive home yesterday? Mine was terrible! I left work around 2:30 and had white-out conditions with no cars to follow, wind, drifting snow, couldn't see the road, etc. Just prayed I was still on a road and wouldn't end up hitting a median or in a ditch. Roads are still bad this morning. Some haven't been salted or plowed very well. I-94 was a parking lot. I want spring NOW!!

Day 41 of 12 Week Challenge

We had 16 inches of snow in Waukesha. I shoveled 3 times yesterday and that was my workout. It was MORE than sufficient.;-) This morning I did 4DS Kickbox cardio + Total Body Stretching Basic Stretch segment. I'm taking a mental health day tomorrow and sooooo looking forward to it. I plan on doing on doing PLB, getting my oil changed, starting our taxes (at least getting the software loaded) and seeing "27 Dresses" if time allows. Dojo tomorrow night, too.

Sue

Sue, that drive home sounds horrible! So glad you made it back safely! Yes, DH is home. He said his drive out of Milwaukee was rough but once they got through there it wasn't too bad! Your mental health day sounds so nice! Can I join you?! ;-)

I think doing Pilates last night helped with the "DOMS". I am a little sore but not too bad. Today is the elliptical for 40mn and then Pilates Buns & Thighs Advanced. Trying to wittle down my rear!LOL!;-)

Stay strong- Susan

Morning BB's,

Todays workout was Chest, Shoulders & Triceps. I will be doing Abs and Kimberly Spreens Box 'n Flow later today.

Sue, My boss let me leave at 11 yesterday. And I am so thankful that he let me leave, because at noon was when the blizzard conditions started. It still took me an hour to get home, but at least I could see what was in front of me. Your mental health day sounds good. We watched Pirates At Worlds End yesterday. 27 Dresses is one movie I want to see, it looks funny and romantic.

Susan, Glad your DH was able to make it home. There are some people that had to sleep at the airport because of delays. Now I will have to check out that issue, have to love a good plyo workout. :D

Have a great day!

Laurie

Morning BB's,

Todays workout was Interval+. :D

My workouts for the weekend will be Back & Biceps plus an ab workout and possibly YogaX. This might just be the ticket on a cold winter day. :D

DD's and I are going to High School Musical on Ice tonight. Saturday we are going to my nieces birthday, and then on to MIL's for dinner. Sunday is church and that is it. I do have to get grocery shopping done, and it may not happen until Sunday. x( Well at least my frozen items would stay cold in the back of my car. :)

Sue, How was the movie "27 Dresses"? How many stars will you give this one? :D Did you have a good mental health day?

Susan, I would also love to whittle down my rear. LOL!!

Have a great day!

Laurie

Hi there!

Today is KPC! Saturday is Pilates Advanced Body Slimming and Pilates Abs. It's also the day the dog and I take an extra long walk! Sunday is the elliptical for 50mn.

Saturday my friend and I are taking the kids bowling. Sunday is church and I teach Sunday School but that's it!

Have fun at HS Musical! My DD11 would be soooo jealous!

Have a great day! Sue I hope your mental health day has been a great one!

Susan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.