BUFF BADGERS 2/18 - 2/22

susanz

Cathlete
Hello ladies! We had a snow storm here yesterday and I am just sick of it all! I think we got about 10-12". No school for kids today! My weekend was pretty quiet. Saturday I just ran around and tried to do stuff that I knew I wasn't going to be able to do on Sunday. Sunday I went on the elliptical for an hour, cleaned, read my book, took a nap!

Today is the start of my 8 Week Summer Slim-down from www.bodybuilding.com. I did 35(tough)minutes on elliptical first thing this morning and later I am doing PLB, plus most likely shoveling!

Hope you are all doing well! Susan :D

Good morning BBs!

Susan - Sorry you guys got dumped on again. We dodged a bullet on that storm and just had rain yesterday and a little bit of snow this morning. Just enough to make it slippery for walking and driving. I'm getting tired of these 55 min. commutes with this bad weather (normally 35-40 min.) How many days have your kids had off school now this year? My kids are up to 3 which means they have to go June 12 when their last day should have been June 11. I'll have to checkout the 8 Week Summer Slim Down later.

Did Absolute Kickboxing with Kimberly Spreen for the first time on Sunday. I LOVE this workout! It felt like being in class at our Dojo. The cat stance and knife hands are used in several of our forms and the combat intervals are like our bowstaff forms! :) It all felt so familiar and I didn't even have to preview (which I love because I hate wasting time doing that). Kimberly is a great cuer. I like her a lot as an instructor so will be checking out her other workouts. I definitely need to get a body bar though. I used my Tae Kwan Do boken (spelling?) for the combat drills but it's very light so my shoulders didn't get the workout they would have otherwise. One slight criticism though - she calls one move a helicopter and I know from Forms class that a helicopter is a twirling over the head motion and that is not what we did. My DS actually pointed that out for me. I called him into the room because I was so excited "See - it's just like in Forms class!" Anyway, I give this workout an enthusiastic 2 thumbs up!

Anyone see the latest blog update? Tons of pictures of the new cast. I am close to caving on STS now after seeing those hot guys! DH may even want to try these workouts if he sees these ripped guys in it. However, not for the same reasons as me.;-)

For the rest of the weekend, I did MIC on Saturday. Yep, the WHOLE thing! Dang that's a hard workout. Did PLB standing this morning (ran out of time). Don't know if I'll do the floorwork tonight or not. Legs had a workout yesterday with Absolute Kickboxing so I think the floorwork might push me over the edge.

Only 3 days of work this week! Yippee!! Looking forward to our mini-vacation and spending lots of quality time in the wave pool and hot tub.

Sue

Morning BB's,

Today I ran for 3m, and did Abs from B&G. Hope to get SBT done after dance class tonight.

Cami must have gotten into some chocolate, because she has had problems since Saturday. She is going into the vet tomorrow morning. She has been really good about letting us know that she needs to go out. So I have not had to clean up a poo in the house at all. We have been close a couple of times though. :) I hope it is nothing more serious.

Sue, I love that Kimberly Spreen workout too. It is amazing to me that your abs really get a great workout with this one too. Are you going to the Dells for you mini vac? That should be fun at this time of the year. Nice get away. I have seen the blog updates, and those guys are some motivation. :D :D :D

Susan, Sorry to hear that you had all that snow, and still need to find a place to put it all. We had really bad ice by us. I was going sideways in our van down our driveway. :D

Have a great day!

Laurie

Sue, we go to the Dells every year for a min-vacation too. We usually stay at the Great Wolf but we're thinking of trying a different place this year. Have you been to Wilderness before? I was also thinking of teh Kalahari?

We went to the Wilderness last year and really liked it. We were at Great Wolf the year before and that was smaller but since then they added on. Never been to Kalahari (too $$$) but DH's company is offering a special deal to employees so we're thinking of going in June. I don't think you can go wrong with any of those places. :)
Sue

Morning BB's,

Todays workout was MTV Power Yoga.

Cami went to the vet this morning, and now we have meds for her. I will be cooking for my dog until things get back to normal for her. The things we do for the creatures we love. :D

Susan, We have been to the Wilderness two times, and it is the one place that my girls love the most. It has three large water parks, and a big game room. We stayed in the condo type rooms, and those where beautiful. So two thumbs up for us. :D

Sue, Have a great time at the Dells. I have fun at that place myself. They where working on the park with the lazy river when we where there, so I hope they are done with that by now. You could still use the lazy river though. If it is sunny this weekend, the area with the big windows is nice and toasty. Makes you think that it is warmer outside than it actually is. That is where most of the people where. Had a hard time finding a place to sit.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Laurie - Hope Cami is feeling better soon. I'm kind of attached to my furry friends, too. The male cat pukes if he eats too fast but I don't mind cleaning it up too much -- except when it stains the carpet. x( I know what you mean about it being crowded in the Wilderness' big sundome area. We experienced that last time and had to share 4 chairs among 11 of us. We'll have to get there early and "stake our claim" on some chairs. You are so good at fitting your yoga in. I need to try more PY4H segments.

Hi Susan!

Did Turbo Jam Punch, Kick and Jam this morning skipping the band work and added on 2 hi/lo segments from SJP. Dojo tonight. Not sure when I'll find time to vote. Maybe because it's only a primary the lines won't be too long (crossing my fingers).

Sue

Hi there!

Laurie, I hope Cami makes a quick recovery. The thing I love about our dog,Ruby, whenever she feels the need to get sick, she goes on the kitchen tile, never on the carpet. She's so smart! :D

Sue, I am going to check out the Wilderness. We are thinking of going the week of Spring Break. Hope you have a great time!

I decided to do an oldie but a goodie today. I needed a little pick me up so I did Power Max. I had fun and I like the music!

Have a good night! Susan

Morning BB's,

Todays workout was Legs & Back. Still would like to get an Ab workout and maybe some BBC cardio from Legs & Butt.

Girls have hair appointments tonight, so done know if the workout will happen.

Cami is doing really well on the meds, so lets X fingers that this works. I have to make her food until things are back to normal. Can see the difference in her already. She is back to her normal lazy self. :D

Sue, One more day until your mini vacation right? Making it to the dome early to stake you claim is probably a good idea. They really watch the kids close in that wave pool. I didn't run into any lines at the poles, did you?

Susan, Have not done power max in a long time. Been on this P90X kick for a while now. :D I might be able to do a step workout, my knee is feeling pretty good lately. Even with the running I have been doing. I still have to look at the 8 week slim down rotation that you will be doing.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Laurie - sorry to hear the pup is sick. Hope she is better soon.

Sue - have a great time on vacation. Maybe it will be really warm in there so you can pretend it is summer. Did you cave on STS yet?

Susan - I couldn't find that rotation you are doing. The link just went to the main site and I wasn't sure where to go from there.

Hi All - just popping in to say HI. I am so ready for spring and I'm sure all of you are as well. I have an air cast now for my foot and ankle but am able to take it off so have been able to start doing more. The ankle pain is gone and the PF seems to be getting better. Spin class doesn't bother it but the Body Works did so I plan to just do my own weight routine before or after the spin class. This weekend is a kettlebell workshop in Brookfield so I will get a chance to try this type of strength training out. Many rave about it so thought I would check it out.

Laurie - I was bad and didn't vote yesterday! :eek: I had 23 min. after we got home from Dojo but I needed to help DD with her math homework. She's struggling in high math so needs extra help so I started checking her homework every night.

Marie - Great to hear from you. Yes, kettlebells seem to be the latest rage. How cool you found a local workshop! Let us know how you like it.

Did PUB this morning. Don't know if I'll be able to workout on our mini-vacation at all so planning to do cardio tomorrow morning before we leave. Parent/teacher conferences tonight so gotta go. Sorry so brief. See everyone on Monday! :)

Sue

Morning BB's,

This mornings workout was KenpoX.

Girls only have half a day of school today, and then they are off tomorrow too. Wish is was me. :D

Susan, I will check out that rotation when I get home, that site is blocked here at work. How did PUB go yesterday. Did you push those weights around? :D

Marie, Glad to hear that your foot is getting better. I have heard quite a lot of talk about kettlebells. Yes please let us know how that class goes. Probably would be better going to a class like that, than investing in all those additional weights. :) Don't know where I would put more equipment. :D

Sue, Have a great time at the Dells. :)

Have a great day!

Laurie

I will check in next week and let you know about the kettlebell workshop. I am hoping I hate them! Otherwise I will be tempted to buy more stuff!!! But I really want to try them too.

I started to get the tightness across my shoulders last night and then the headache. I think I know what exercise caused it BUT this is so frustrating. I am hoping if I do lighter weights with this exercise and others that are similar, I can gradually strengthen those muscles and increase the weights. Now I know why I got away from doing weights though but I don't want to cause I like how my muscles feel when I do.

Susan - that link was better. Looks interesting. I'll have to keep checking in here to see how you are doing.

HI all!

PUB was great. Man, my chest was burning, and my biceps, shoulders, hell my entire upper body! I am starting to feel the DOMS now...
Today is the elliptical for 40mn ( Extreme Heart Rate program).

I am off tomorrow too, without the kids! Nice quiet day for me... Have to just go get taxes done!

Have a good night! Susan

Happy Friday to all!

Sue, hope your enjoying your mini-vacation!

I walked the dog this morning, a little chilly! Now I am off to do PLB. For my 1st 4 weeks of my 8-week slim-down I am going to use PLB and PUB. The 2nd 4 weeks I haven't decided yet!

My weekend looks quiet. The DH is building a new bathroom in our basement so we need to stay out of the way! So, I don't know what we're going to do! Maybe see a movie or something...

Whatever you do, have fun! Susan

Morning BB's,

Todays workout was StretchX.

Cami is doing much better today, and I am going to be getting her on her regular food very soon.

Sue, I didn't get a chance to look at that rotation yet. We have a new computer, and DH is installing programs. Last night I was the only one watching tv, and I fell asleep. When I came upstairs DH says "what going to bed already?" It is 10pm dear!!!! :D :D :D I'm tired and cold. Probably a good idea to stay away when dealing with plumbing. No water in the house never is fun. I don't even know what movies are out now. :7

Weekend for us is pretty busy. Our pastor is coming over for a meeting about DD10's first communion. And Sunday is a meeting for faire. DH cancelled last weekends.

Have a great day,

Laurie:7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.