Buff Badgers 2/16-2/20

lvnascar

Cathlete
Hello Everyone,

So sorry I have not been around, but I am really busy at work and at home too. I'm taking some time on my lunch break to let you all know I'm OK! Family is ok, and I will have time next week to talk to all of you. We where told about 2 weeks ago that there would be a plant wide lay-off for one week. Well that started our pre-lay-off prepare the plant. And guess what, I'm going to be layed-off for that week.:rolleyes: All good, because I will be getting 75% of my pay for the week. Have to get going!

Laurie

Hi Everyone,

That really stinks Laurie. Is it only one week? I suppose it isn't that bad if it is one week with 75% of your pay. What a state of affairs our country has come into. My good luck wishes are with you.

Well I have to tell everyone I am still loving STS. I did disc 3 on Friday and wow did I have a sore butt and legs on Saturday. On Saturday I went running which really made me sore, but today I am not feeling it as much. I have not been that sore for awhile. Today is disc 4 and I am excited. I can't believe how fast that hour goes.

I hope everyone had a good weekend. Who knows when I can check in again so everyone get some workouts in and enjoy your week.

Hi everyone, just a quick check in before I get to work on my class! Laurie, is this a layoff that happens yearly? We have some plants here that do that...and is it a good thing for you or not? You have your smiley, so I´m thinking that maybe you´re glad for the week ;)

Dani, I´m on disk 4 also and my legs were sore from Fri til yesterday! At one point my DH asked why I was walking the way I was :D:eek:. I thought about running on Sat, but decided to swim, which was a great way to stretch my legs out!

Greetings everyone...have a good week

HI there!

Laurie, enjoy the lay-off/ break and hope it lasts only a week! My BIL has been "laid-off" since December. They bring him back here and there if someone calls in sick!

Glad you ladies are enjoying the STS series! I'll be interested to hear about the results you get!

Yesterday I did an elliptical 5k for 25mn and the pilates for 45mn. Today is CTX Kickbox cardio and Pilates Advanced.

Have a great day! Susan

Hey Ho! Well, that snow was heavy to shovel this morning!:confused: Perfect for snow balls and snowmen though! Tonight should be the elliptical and Precision Pilates. Michael has B-ball practice but I should be able to fit it all in!

Karen, did you get much snow? You have had a kind of mild winter haven't you? My in-laws had us over to discuss opening the cabin up there and what needs to be done etc... My son is very ansty to get up there. We did not have time to get there but once last Summer. DH promises we'll get there more this time around!

I hope the rest of you are all doing well and even though it's probably a busy week, hope it's a healthy one too!

Susan

Hi gals,

I have been sick for the last couple of days. Didn't know you could throw up that much. The rest of our family starting on Fri has been sick also. Still two kids home today. I worked out today to Disk 9 legs. I hardly made it through. I guess I maybe should have waited another day.

Susan, we only got about 2 inches and it is not heavy. How is your shoulder doing with more shoveling? It would be nice if you guys could get up the cabin more than once in a summer. Hopefully I will get to meet you this time.

dani and lala, glad you are enjoying STS. I really don't like it much as there are to many push ups and pullups in them-the reason I dreaded P90X. The only plus is I like Cathe much better than Tony. I hope I can make it through all these dvd's.

Have a great day.

Greetings! Today I did STS 5, Iguess it was :p. Just saw a thread about how to dopull ups if you can't do them...I'll be following some of that advice!
Karen, I really don't like pushups, either, but for some reason these don't have the dread factor like those 72 in the GS! And I don't mind the triceps pushups. I like to try pull ups just to see how strong I am...not:D.

We had some snow, a couple of inches I guess and now it's really blowing out, but not enought to cancel school!

Have a good night!

Good Morning,

Did spinning to CC7 today and pilates abs from ab circuits. Love that workout.

Hope you all are doing well.

lala, do you go swimming a lot? Our pool is so cold and I am not that good of a swimmer that I would get warm very easily. Wish I liked swimming more. It is one great exercise. My legs have not stopped being sore since I started STS. Most of my upper body either. What's with that.:rolleyes:

Hi there!

Karen, I hope you're feeling better now! Glad you are enjoying pilates abs!

Well, yesterday I was supposed to fit in the elliptical but that did not happen so it is set for today. I have been in a very blah mood the past couple days. I think this weather has something to do with it. I just have zero motivation! I know once I get going I'll feel better!

Hope everyone is doing well!

Susan

Good Morning,

Today will be disk 8 back and triceps. Will also try to get some cardio in since I missed it earlier this week from being sick.

Tomorrow is a basketball tournament all day for DS11, then tubing for the three older kids with their youth group.

Tonight DD6 is sleeping over and going to movie night at the school, DD17 is going to a dance and DD16 has to work until 10:30.

Still no van. One small saturn and 8 people is getting tough.

Happy Day for DD16, she got her drivers license.:eek::):) She was so excited, she wanted me to drive her back to school.

Susan, hopefully you get out of your blah mood. We need no more snow and some serious sun. I guess we all have those days. Hope you get your workouts in. Are you still using the website for some of your pilates workouts?

Tomorrow I will try for some cardio but not likely. Sun. again I will try for cardio-run would be nice- but again not likely. We have a potluck on Sun. after church.

Have a great weekend. Hopefully you can all slow down just a bit and take some time to realax.

Have an awesome day.:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.