Buff Badgers 12/3-12/7

lvnascar

Cathlete
Morning BB's,

Well how about that snow/sleet/rain/freeze we had this weekend. x( I don't think our dog likes the snow. We know she came from Indiana, so may not be used to so much snow. :D It was a bit funny to watch her trying to walk across the frozen snow. She was slipping all over the place. This morning I was actually able to walk on top of the snow without falling through.

We where able to get some of our Christmas decortations up, but not all of them. The snow removal process got in the way. I made a batch of snickerdoodles to make the house smell really good. And of course the cookies where delicious too. :9

Jill, So sorry to hear that your DS was not feeling well. I have heard that the flu bug is running around and causing havoc. Hope all is well in your home today.

Susan, Good to hear that your DD is much better. Did the kids get a chance to play out in the snow? My youngest DD wanted the next door neighbor to play outside on Sunday. She didn't want to, said it was too cold. I thought on Sunday that it wasn't really bad until later that night. Oh well.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Hi girls. Boy this weekend was a challenge. I had social stuff on Fri, Sat, and Sun nights and ate way too much. Combine that with TOM arriving and I'm up 5 pounds from last Monday!! Time to get things moving again here. Truly, if I can just keep off what I've lost this month, that will be an accomplishment.

Bad news over the weekend, DS18 & GF broke up. :( Guess she won't be going on vacation with us at the end of the month. He's upset, but doing okay. They are just so young to be so serious. I'm not upset about it even though I do like her. I just think it will be so hard next year with him living at college and her here.

I'm about to go do a workout. I just don't know what yet lol. No gym today-my gym buddy hurt her back now, so she's not going and I'm opting to do something here instead of going there. It's cold out!

Laurie, Sammy doesn't seem to love the snow either. She's quickly doing her business and running back to me at the door lol.

Hope the rest of you had a nice weekend!
Jill

Where's everyone this week?

I ended up doing a lot of exercise today, totaling 97 minutes. 42 of that was Namaste yoga. I really love that. :)

I'm just enjoying some quiet time (Ds15 went to bed and DS18 went to the varsity basketball game), watching The Closer. I love this show.
Jill

Morning BB's,

Todays workout is PlyoX.

Hope everyone is doing well. Tis that time of year that we are all busy decorating our homes inside and out. Christmas shopping getting done. (something I still have to do) :D

Jill, Good workout yesterday. I have seen the Namaste yoga on FitTv. Sounds like you had a nice evening. I'm guessing that those 5 extra pounds will melt away quick. So sorry to hear about your DS and his GF. Glad he is doing well with it. What is your DS going to college for? I don't think I ever asked.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Hi ladies! I'm here! Just busy is all!

Yes, that snow was a doozy! I had to laugh about your dog Laurie! Our labrador LOVES the snow and she kept going outside all day so she could play in it. I actually had to push the kids out the door Sunday to play in it. They too thought it was "too cold".

I have a busy week but am trying to squeeze in a workout when and where I can. Yesterday I managed to jump on the elliptical for 40mn. Today, Hmmm, I walked this morning and hope to do something(don't know what), this evening while I watch Biggest Loser!

Kids are getting healthier day by day, now let's hope we parents don't get it!

Susan

Hi Laurie. Office day today so I'm checking in late.

DS doesn't know what he wants to major in yet. He was thinking Physical Therapy until he realized that meant 6 years of college lol. He is VERY talented at web design, so that might be an option. And there certainly won't be a lack of jobs in that field.

Tonight is my weights class at the gym. I'm looking forward to it-they haven't had one for 2 weeks! So that means I haven't done weights in 2 weeks either. Eek.

Did great on eating today at the office. I had a yogurt for breakfast and then a grilled chicken salad from Panera. It was tough watching others eat those delicious sandwiches, but I have to get the scale back down.

:)

Jill

Morning BB's,

Todays workout is Shoulders & Arms/ARS/30 Min Run on TM.

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas...... Well do you think that this stuff will stay around for another 20 days? Cami and I went out this morning, and we had to run a little to make it to the next block before the plow came around the corner. And I found out that Cami loves the snow, but doesn't think the ice is a good thing. I was walking in the parts that the plow had done, but she wanted to be in the snow. It was a good walk/run this morning, got the heart pumping. :D

Jill, You DS has some time to decide about his career path. I think all incomming Fresh really don't know what they want to do until they have been at college for at least a year. Then they see what is available. That is why it can take 5 years of schooling. How was your weight class last night? Did they work you good? :D

Susan, Glad to hear that you children are getting better. That is a plus heading into the Christmas season. What workout did you finally decide on yesterday? The girls and I watch "The Biggest Loser" also. I couldn't get over the fact the Julie was actually crying. What an act!!! Like her buddies where going to kick her off the team. Jillian would have slapped them up one side to the next. :7 :7 I knew Nicole was headed out the door, and Neils little speech was correct. Even though Holly said otherwise. ;-)

Have a great day!

Laurie

Good morning Laurie! Where are the other BBs lately? I saw Susan yesterday, but nobody else this week.

I watched TBL last night, too. I agree on the Julie thing-gimme a freakin' break. Like she thought for one minute they'd vote her off! I'm so sure! NOT. I was thinking last night that this is the first season that I'm not really rooting for anyone. I don't "love" any single one of the players left. I kind of like Neil, but he'll be gone next I'm betting. I do not like Julie (too fake) and I don't like Isabeau at all-she seems to have a snotty look on her face all the time. Or is it just me? And Bill.......I liked him earlier in the game, but he seems cocky somehow now. Hollie just seems "there", ya know? I don't have strong feelings about anyone.

A new one is starting already on New Year's Day! It's a couples one-might be interesting.

My weight class did not happen last night. I was there, and so were the other people, but the instructor called right at the time it was to start to say she was sick. I didn't mind; I went early and got a great workout in; 25 minutes elliptical, 25 minutes weights, 10 minutes abs. Then I came home and did 20 minutes of Namaste yoga.

I was rewarded for finally getting some good exercise time in, and finally getting my eating under control, with a 2.5 whoosh today. So I'm now 1.5 over my lowest so far, which I hit last week.

I'll be heading to the gym at noon today, for cardio only. :)

HAGD!!
Jill

Morning Jill and Waving to Susan, :D

Workout is what I should have done yesterday. Shoulders & Arms/ARS/30 Min Run. I stopped at the store on the way home because one of my DD's needed something. As long as I was there I decided to get the rest of the grocery shopping done. Got home and DH was there, so I was very glad that I had decided to get one of the rostierre chickens.

Jill, I know that Sue is in Chicago for some training this week. Hope Karen is doing well, haven't heard from her in quite a while. Oh I agree with you on TBL, I really don't like the remaining contestants. All the ones that I actually liked have been voted off. I saw the previews for the new one. Congrats on the weight. I knew you would get that off quick. ;-)

Have a great day!

Laurie

Hi Laurie. I guess it's just you and me this week now!

I had a great workout yesterday. I burned 400 calories in my fastest time on the elliptical (37:45). I usually average about 10 calories per minute, so that was a good workout.

My eating yesterday was not great, so back up one pound. I just keep bouncing around the same number, for about 7 weeks now. I guess if I don't gain this month, that's good.

Sounds like you have another challenging workout planned today. I have to skip my class tonight (they might not have it anyway cuz she was sick) cuz I have to do groceries and laundromat. I have bath rugs and a comforter that can't go in my washer (too fuzzy and they clog things up) and Travis threw up on the rug.......so I have to go sit there or wait until my next night with no kids, which is Monday, and I don't want to wait that long.

So I am going to do a workout at home today.

Hi there ladies!

As I said before it's a busy week for me! Yesterday I did Pilates on the Ball. Today I am doing an hour on the elliptical, 2 separate 30mn programs. I am trying to get off this plateau I have hit. I haven't lost any weight in at least a month! However, as long as I don't gain this month I'll be thrilled!

More snow on the way means more shoveling for me!

Take care and stay safe - Susan

Susan-an hour on the elliptical-way to go! I've been stuck around the same weight for almost 2 months now. We'll get there.

I had a good workout at home today. I did 20 minutes upper and 20 minutes lower, and then 10 minutes stability ball abs-with Cathe! Yay! I'm so happy I can at least do weights at home even though I really miss my step workouts.

Just got back from the laundromat. I stopped and got a book at the library so it wasn't so bad.

Off to watch Survivor.
:)
Jill

Morning BB's,

So glad it is Friday today! :D

Workout for tonight is Trainers Edge Long & Lean Yoga. Then we have to get ready to have a family portrait done at our church tonight.

Jill, Glad you are able to get in a workout even though you couldn't make it too the gym. I have been suffering from the same weight yoyo too. I know it is from my eating. I do really well when at work, but then when I get home everything looks so yummy. :9 I had been doing great, but since T-giving it has not been good. :D

Susan, Good to hear from you. You are getting the snow removal workout I see. LOL I have not had to lift a shovel yet. DH has had the snow blower out and taking care of the problem. I have been trying to avoid the snow plow on my morning walks with Cami though. :7 :7 She just loves sticking her head in the snow. This morning she had her whole head in the snowbank trying to sniff something. :7 Too funny!

Plan on doing Legs & Back/ARX/Shape Transforming Circuit on Saturday and Sundays workout will be Kimberly Spreens Absolute Kickboxing workout. DH works on Saturday and on Sunday my oldest has a party for our church youth group, and my youngest will be going with me to a party that my work puts on for our children. It is a very nice party.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Good morning Laurie. Yes, TGIF for sure! Even though I'm going to work some this weekend, I will be happy to be able to work without interruptions. I am going on vacation the last week of the month-I'll be gone from noon 12/21 (work Christmas party) until 1/2. Very scary when there's nobody to do my work. I will probably work the weekend before Christmas, and maybe even Christmas Eve day.

Gym today for cardio. I am so with you on the eating. I'm doing well with the workouts, but my eating is not great. I just had a mini Twix bar for "breakfast". Darn it. No willpower when that stuff is in the house!

Sammy's funny in the snow, too. If I don't take the cone/collar off, she ends up shoveling it all into her face. The snow is up to her belly when she squats to potty, and we're supposed to get more this weekend.

No plans at all for me this weekend. I am so relieved. After socializing last Fri., Sat., and Sun., the scale is wanting a break from all of that eating. I will be working, grocery shopping, housecleaning, and exercising. Hopefully I'll find some recliner time in there somewhere too.

Have a great weekend!
Jill

Hi there!

Today is Pilates Power Scultping Advanced. Saturday I am going to do Bootcamp and Sunday will be the elliptical while I watch the Packers!

My weekend is quiet. Put up the Christmas tree, clean, laundry and hopefully read my book!

See you all Monday! Susan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.