BUFF BADGERS 12/24 -12/28

susanz

Cathlete
Hello there and Merry Christmas to you all!:D

I hope you were able to enjoy the holidays with family and friends. We had a nice Christmas Eve with my sister and Christmas was just spent with ourselves. It was nice and quiet and the kids were very happy. This weekend we get together with in-laws for Christmas.

I woke up early this morning to write my new "agenda" for eating and exercising. I would like to lose about 8 more pounds. I am giving myself until March but sooner is always better!

I hope you are all well and healthy. I am finally over my illness. Today I am super-cleaning this house and all germs will be banished!

Take care- Susan

Hi, Susan! Looks like it's just you and me this week. I think Laurie is up north with her folks and Jill is on vacation.

Glad to hear your family is back to being healthy. Let's keep our fingers crossed that it stays like that for awhile, right? ;-)

Sounds like you are motivated to make some healthy changes in your life. I feel the same way after eating way too many sweets over the weekend. Ugh! I don't even want to go near a scale but I have my annual on Friday so I guess I'll have to. x( I started reading "Life is Hard, Food is Easy" while waiting for DD to have a tooth exposed. I don't know if you deal with emotional eating but I do and I like what I've been reading so far. I finally made an appt. to have my thyroid re-checked, too, so what the Dr. has to say will either help my weight-loss goal by adjusting my meds or take away my excuses.

As far as workouts, yesterday was Barry's Bootcamp Chest & Abs including the cardio. Today was PowerMax plus a 9 min. ab routine by Tony Horton on Exercise on Demand channel.

Have a good night!

Sue

I am going to look for that book, Sue! I too am a horrible emotional eater. Some days I am able to nip it but other times it gets the best of me!

I just had my thyroid re-checked last week and all is perfect. I am feeling better as well. Dr. said to just keep pluggin along with the weight loss and watch my carb in-take. That's kind of hard to do at this time of year!

Talk soon- Susan

Today I did Bootcamp but if I have extra energy later I am going to also jump on the elliptical!

Had to shovel a bit of snow this morning (an inch) and there is more coming tomorrow!

Be safe- Susan

Morning BB's,

I'm back from the great north woods. The drive up was a bit rough, since the parents ended up with about 2 feet of snow. But my oldest DD was able to go horse back riding at my Aunts house, and she was able to ski at Indianhead Mt with my brother. My DB said the conditions where perfect.

Overall we had a great time, but yesterday I spent mostly in bed sleeping. I was so dang tired from all the driving.

Today I plan on doing some type of yoga, after we take the girls shopping. They want to spend their gift cards. :D

Tomorrow I'm going to Chicago with some of my GF's. Should be a fun time.

Talk to you all after shopping,

Laurie

Susan - The book is by Linda Spangle and I highly recommend it. A wellness counselor told me about it. Here's a link on Amazon so you can take a peek at what it's like:
http://www.amazon.com/Life-Hard-Foo...bs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1198791077&sr=1-1

I have to go out and shovel, too (sigh). Normally I don't mind but I was chopping up ice in our driveway yesterday and the arms are still sore from it (well that and BBC).

Laurie - Welcome back! Traveling wears me out, too. I think it's all the packing, unpacking, sitting on my butt for long hours in a car and catching up with laundry when you get back that wear you out. Yoga sounds like a good way to ease yourself back into your routine. Are you hitting the Miracle Mile in Chicago or one of the malls? At least you don't have to worry about getting caught in another 2 feet of snow (yikes!). We're only supposed to get 2-4".

This morning I did Barry's Boot Camp Shoulders and Back plus the cardio.

Well, I better go shovel before I lose my daylight. Catch ya later!

Sue

Well the snow is already falling so it looks like I have shoveling in my future! I also will be getting on the elliptical for an hour today.

Sue, I was able to get that book through my library! I am anxious to read it!

Laurie, hope you are all rested up and doing well! Do you ladies have any New Years plans? It sounds like we're staying in on the 31st! However, my hubby has a way of changing plans on me!

Take care! Susan

Susan - You're so lucky to find that book at your library. Our library stinks when it comes to current fitness, nutrition, exercise books and dvds. . . Well, let me know what you think. I'm still reading. It's always hard to find peace and quiet around here so I can concentrate enough to read something.

Happy New Years everyone! Let's make 2008 our best year yet. :)

Sue

Happy New Year to you all!

I am so happy to be done with the holidays! Now my life can get back to normal, and my workouts as well! Stepped on the scale yesterday (rude awakening) and was up 4 pounds! The DH and I both want to lose 10 pounds so we're going to help each other out. Hope to reach my goal by at least Easter!

Yesterday I jumped on the elliptical for 1 hour, went 7.5 miles! I beat myself up a bit for gaining those 4 pounds! ;-) Today I am doing the cardio portions only of CTX Kickbox and CTX Power Circuit.I also want to get in some pilates.

My DH came home the other day with all these 2x4's to start building out new bathroom downstairs. He proceeded to place all these right in the middle of my exercise area! So now I have to go move them all before I can workout. Don't know where I'll put them but they are not staying where they are!

Hope you are all happy and healthy! Susan

Morning BB's

So sorry to not be around during my time off. I was having so much fun with my DD's and DH. And our house seemed to be grand central stationat times. So many people coming over to visit. We went to two movies. Enchanted and National Treasure. Both of them where very good. NT was a little unrealistic at times, but then it is only a movie. :7 :7

Workout for today is Back & Biceps/ARX/30 Min Run and some type of Yoga.

Susan, I agree with you on the back to normal. Glad I only have 3 days of work. This weekend we have two parties to go to also. Glad you and DH are helping each other work off the pounds.

Sue, I will check out the link you have up. Have you all seen the clean eating mag that is out. I found some really good info in that too.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Laurie, What's the magazine? Is it by "Oxygen"? Where'd you get it from?

Sounds like you had a lot of fun! I took the kids to see Enchanted a well and they loved it. That chipmunk was so cute!

Susan

Susan, I had to rack my brain trying to remember where I found that mag, but it was at pick-n-save. I didn't see it at the PNS that I usually go too, I was at one in Waukesha. I haven't seen it at Walmart, and that is where I usually see these special ones. And it is the Oxygen one that will be I think 4 issues a year. I'm thinking of getting a subscription. Some really good recipes in it, and it also had a 4 week meal plan with grocery lists.

Laurie

Susan - So my hubby isn't the only one who stacks stuff smack dab in the middle of my exercise area?! LOL I tell him, "Nothing on the puzzle mats" but does he listen? Nooooooooooooo! I had a rude awakening myself yesterday when I took my "before" pictures from all angles (front, side, back). I posed in just an exercise bra and bicycle shorts and had DD take the picture. Posing like that forces you to look at yourself more honestly than how you see yourself in clothes. It was just the wakeup call I needed! I started back on the Body for Life plan on 12/29 so it's Day 5 today. I just follow the eating plan - which is my major problem anyway. I'm committing myself to the next 12 weeks of eating clean with 1 free day per week. I'm going to have to watch it on my free day though - something I've had problems with in the past but have tips on how to keep it under control this time. (ie. drink lots of water, only normal size portions)

Laurie - No sweat about not checking in. I was busy lazing around the house last week so what was my excuse?! LOL I just figured everyone was busy doing holiday things or just enjoying their time off like I was. I didn't see the clean eating magazine you're talking about but I started a subscription to Women's Health and they have some good, clean recipes this month. Plus, I've been playing with my new Deceptively Delicious cookbook by Jessica Seinfeld. Made yummy pumpkin oatmeal yesterday for breakfast. I posted the recipe in the OD forum in case you're interested:

http://69.0.137.118/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=4&topic_id=465577&mesg_id=465653&page=

This morning was YogaX (up to the Yoga Belly 7s or whatever they're called). I'm doing Barry's Bootcamp for a couple more weeks and then I might do the January '08 rotation (or S&H, GS, 4DS - who knows!). Oh, I finally did the step portion of HIS over break! I think I've got most of it down now. Still have yet to try the Bootcamp cardio from 4DS. . .

Sue

Morning BB's,

Todays workout is Yoga X.

I'm hoping that the headache I have is because of the weather. It is a sinus headache, so I'm hoping it is just because it is dry out. I just got back from a meeting at the HS for DD14. Everything is going really well for her this year. I'm proud of her. Who would think that HS is better than MS or Elementary. :D I guess she is growing up also.

Sue, That recipe sounds really good. I have some left over pumpkin from a slowcooker recipe that I made for New Years. You are right it is the Yoga belly 7's. :D I'm going to be doing those tonight. You haven't tried the 4DS BC cardio! I really enjoyed that one. The only thing I had problems with was the one that uses the band on the floor. For some reason I was always off on the double jump. :7 My niece just sent me the subscription thing for her girl scout troup. I'm thinking of getting Women's Health from that.

Susan, I started to second guess myself again. I remember now that I was at Walmart in New Berlin when I found that Clean Eating Mag. I was suprised to see it, and it must be very new to the stores because it didn't ring up. I bought Oxygen and M&F Hers at the PNS. :7

Have a great day!

Laurie

Laurie - DH made the pumpkin oatmeal for DS this morning and he liked it! :) He's a picky eater but DH told him to take a couple more bites to let the taste grow on him because that's what he found. I liked it right away. Good news that your DD is doing well in high school. I think maturity makes a big difference. It has for my DD anyway. Every year gets better and better. I like Women's Health because it's about other things people do to stay in shape outside the gym or your basement. Not as much fluff either. DH brings home Oxygen or Shape once in awhile from work. Quad prints these so he gets them cheap. It's just hit or miss if he'll get it. So you like Bootcamp cardio, huh? I don't know why but at the time I got these the thought of doing drills seemed so boring to me. I'll have to give this one a try soon.

Did BBC Shoulders & Back weights only this morning. Will do the cardio portion tonight.

I'm on Day 6 of BFL and still going strong! :7

Sue

Keep up the great work Sue! I did BFL about 5 years ago and lost about 13 inches over all.

Today is the elliptical (Heart Rate Hill program) for 50mn followed by Ab work.

Laurie, I'll be looking for that mag.this weekend!

Have a great day! Susan

Morning BB's,

Today I changed my start time at work to 8am. I want to get my workout done in the mornings. I feel my DD10 is capable of being home for a half hour or so until I get home. I have been having a motivational problem lately. Not in the mood to workout after I get home, it seems to be more of a chore than I want it to be. This morning worked really well, and I felt great.

Workout was Legs & Back, but still need to get in ARX, and if I have the will power I will do 4DS Bootcamp cardio only.

Sue, Thanks for the info on the mag. I will get the fund raiser for my niece taken care of. I could send her the money I would spend on the mag, but I will probably start picking it up eventually anyway. There was another one that I was looking at. Can't remember the name of it though. Maybe when I see it again I will pick it up for a look see. Glad your DS like the oatmeal. My DD14 eats oatmeal every morning before school. Youngest likes variety, so she will eat cold cereal, oatmeal, or waffles. She has been eating my ww waffles. :D I have been thinking of pre-making some oat pancakes to see how they like those too. Way to go on the BFL, keep up the good work.

Susan, Hope you are able to find the magazine. I was looking it over again yesterday, and the recipies look really tasty.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Laurie - You'll like getting your workout done in the morning. My problem is that sometimes I run out of time and have to cut the workout short. Usually this because I can't get my butt out of bed right away or my brain is foggy from lack of sleep. My advice is to make sure you get enough rest and set out your clothes and equipment the night before. (Advice I should heed myself sometimes.;-))

Hello to Susan, Jill, Karen, Marie and anyone else who stops by!

Day 7 - Tomorrow is my first free day! I like having my free day on Saturday since we usually are busy running around and end up eating fast food for lunch. From here on, my free day will be Saturday. (And Saturday only!)

Did Tamilee Webb's Cardio Blast this morning. Feeling tired and my buns are sore from YogaX on Wednesday so I wanted something easier and quick. Also, I have my Tae Kwan Do class tonight so hopefully that'll burn a few more calories. We're signing up for their "Leadership" program tonight which opens up more classes to us. The kids are interested in their Xtreme Martial Arts and Hapkido classes. Also, we get cool black uniforms instead of the white ones.:)

Have a great weekend everyone!

Sue

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.