BUFF BADGERS 11/6 - 11/10

susanz

Cathlete
Hello ladies! I hope you all had a good weekend. The weather was nice at least!

Today is BootCamp. I haven't done this in a looong time so it should be interesting!

Have a good Monday! Susan

Morning BB's,

Today will be Low Impact Circuit Premix #3, which is the Upper Body Circuit.

Yes, it was a nice weekend. My nephew was baptised yesterday, so we got to enjoy the day with family.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Hi BB's,

Today is Body Max 2 for me.

It looks like another nice day. Yesterday, I went for a tandem ride with my DH. It was a beautiful day.

Have a good day everyone!!

Morning BBs,
DH is home from his WV marathon. Did it in 4:09. He got home at 11:30 so I was up and then had trouble getting back to sleep so no workout this morning.

This weekend was TK Round 28 and Bodypump 44. Also a couple of nice walks with the dog and 6 hours of shopping. Didn't get a chance to preview my Cathe's. The weekend went really fast.

Hello, BBs!

This weekend did go really fast - like it always seems to.:)

Did Bodymax2 step seg. 1-3 (repeated 3) plus abs on Saturday and the circuits/upper body on Sunday. What a fantastic workout! I doubt I'll have time (or the energy) very often to do the entire thing but the segments stand on their own as great workouts. Both the step and circuit sections really got my HR up and the upper body was a lot tougher than I was expecting (after hearing people complain it was too short).

This morning I did the "Butts" portion of Butts and Gutts (standing and floorwork). All I can say is "Ouch!" Some very effective exercises in this one. I love the fact that it's low weight/high rep but you really feel it in your legs and buns. Tying the band for the firewalkers was quicker than I thought it would be - and the knot came out easily since I couldn't pull it that tight anyway.

Have a great day!

Sue

11/7

Hi there! I am enjoying this warm stretch of temps while it lasts!

Today is MIC for me. For some reason every time I do this routine (which isn't often enough) I get nervous! It's a toughie!

Have a great Tuesday! Susan

Morning BB's,

Today will be Bodymax 2 warm-up and first 30 min of the step portion. Plus the Bonus abs from Butts & Guts. I did LIC premix #3. I really enjoyed this one. She used all four circuits on this one, and all upper body without doing the leg portions.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Good Morning BB's

Today, I am going to do Drill Max. I really like the new Cathe series.

Off to vote. Have a great day everyone.

Slept in today so no workout this morning. Butt is very sore from Butts and Gutts yesterday. If I get time tonight after I vote maybe I'll do the Gutts portion.

Laurie - I haven't even started looking at the premixes yet. I'm curious to find out what "Scrambled Eggs" is on BM2.

Amy Bento's new kickbox dvd shipped yesterday so I'll be getting that on Thursday. Plus, I picked up Janis Saffel's "Brand New Butt and More" at Half Price Books over the weekend for $3.49 ($6.98 + 50% off coupon).

Karen - Have fun with Drill Max! Haven't tried that one yet. Too many new workouts to try and too little time!

Have a great day everyone and remember to vote!

Sue

Sue, Scrambled eggs on BM2 is warm up, step combo #1, power circuit #1 (step, blast, lunges), Step combo #2, power circuit #2(step, blast, squats),Step combo #3, power circuit#3(step,blast, plie squats), Bonus cardio, repeat bonus cardio, power circuit #4(step,blast,static lunges), stretch.

I'll be getting Amy Bento's hi/lo, kickbox and toning dvd's tomorrow.

Drill max was fun but I still had more energy at the end. I think Body max 2 is my favorite of the batch. I was sweating nicely with that one.

Take care.

11/8

Hi there! Hope you are all staying healthy and strong.

I am scheduled to do Step,Jump & Pump today. However my day is pretty packed so I may have to push it to my "off" day on Sunday.

I have started Cathe's January rotation for 2003. It's supposed to rev up the metabolism and burn off excess. It looked like fun so I thought I'd give it a shot. So far, so good!

Have a great day! Susan

Morning BB's,

Today after work is Drill Max, I have done this one time already. The only problem is I don't have enough room for the walking lunges. I can only do 3, so have to always remember to start on the opposite foot of what I ended with.

Susan, have fun with your rotation. I am doing the November one. I'm on the 2nd week.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Hi BB's

Today, I am going to run 45 minutes and do stretchmax. I want to take advantage of the great weather today.

Susan, SJP is one of my favorites. It was the first Cathe I owned.

Laurie, I don't have enough room for walking lunges either. I kind of turn and angle another direction to get them in. Probably not the best.

Have a wonderful day.

Karen - Thanks for the description of Scrambled Eggs in BM2 - sounds like a good one. BM2 is my favorite of the bunch, too, which is ironic because I don't like the original Bodymax all that much. Enjoy your run in the warmer weather today!

Susan - Good luck with January 03 rotation! Cathe always makes those January ones extra tough.

Laurie - Good job with the November rotation! I wanted to learn all the new workouts first before doing a rotation with them so I think you are very brave for jumping right in!

Did Drill Max Premix Cardio & Upper this morning because I didn't have time to do the whole thing. Does anyone do the pushups or tricep dips on the ball? I have a hard time with these so I just do the regular kind. How about those divebomber pushups? I'll have to have DH check my form because I have a feeling I'm not staying low enough when I push up because they seem too easy and I know I'm not that strong! Missed the leg stuff because of the premix but I know I'll run out of room during the walking lunges, too. I run into ceiling limitations with the stability ball during one of the drills, too. I'm going to get a smaller ball. I have a 65 mm one and it is hard to handle on that drill. I'm 5'6" but long waisted (and short legged) so I think 55 will be fine.

Have a wonderful Wednesday!

Sue

11/9

Hi there!

Today is Rythmic Step followed by ABS from Pyramid Upper Body.

Do either of you ladies have "Push Pull"? What is your thought on it? I am contemplating getting this one....

Have a great Thursday! Susan

Morning BB's,

Today is a 45 Min Run and Seg#2 of Stretchmax.

Susan, I have Push Pull, but don't do that one very often. The one thing I do like about this work out is that it doesn't stay on one body part for like 10 min.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Good Morning BB's

I have PP also. I don't use it much either. The music and premixes are great though. I know you can get a great workout by doing upper and lower body premixes. There are just so many great workouts.

Today, I am going to do Butts and Guts and maybe some cardio.

Have a great everyone.

Susan - I have Push Pull but don't do it very often. IIRC the premixes repeat the exercises 2 or 3 times which makes the workouts very long and doing the workout as is feels easier than Cathe's other weight workouts.

Tried Cardio Fusion this morning but ran out of time because I'm still learning the choreo and had to rewind a lot (and pause often to catch my breath!). Nevertheless, I burned 600 calories skipping only the Drill Max drills at the end.

Anyone watch Lost last night? Can't believe we have to wait until February to see what happens.

Sue

11/10

It's Friday! Finally! Today is Leaner Legs followed by intervals 1-5 of IMAX 1.

My weekend looks kind of quiet. I am not looking forward to the snow that's headed our way! My DH had to run home from work yesterday and make sure the snow blower will work!

Have a great Friday! Susan

Morning BB's,

Today for me will be Butts & Guts. Tomorrow is Cardio Fusion, so glad that one is on Saturday! :) Sunday is my rest day. Yipee!

Susan, what are you talking about SNOW! If I don't think about it I'm hoping that I won't have to see it. :7 The other thing I have to remember to do is put a scraper in my car. x(

Sue, I haven't been able to do the push-ups or tricep dips on the ball. I need to inflat my ball more though, maybe that will make a difference. :D Ya Right!!!!! Are you going to purchase the new Turbo Jams? I just received an e-mail from them. Looks like they are using a stability ball.

Have a great weekend,

Laurie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.