Buff Badgers 10/9

lvnascar

Cathlete
Morning Ladies,

Today for me will be Cardio Kicks. This one is fun because it incorporates the Hi/Lo with the kickboxing. The drills at the end are also great.

We got the Halloween decorations up yesterday. My DD's bugged their Dad until he relented and put the stuff up. The youngest was the worst. Although he motivated her to do some cleaning before he would put the decorations up. :D

Have a great day!

Laurie

Laurie - We still don't have any Halloween decorations up. DH has to get them down from the attic and we just haven't had the time. Isn't it great that your kids are old enough you can get some cleaning out of them when they want something? LOL We do the same thing with our kids.;-)

Guess what girls? I'm going to Las Vegas in 3 weeks! It's for business and I'm going alone but it'll be a nice break. I'll be gone 4 nights so DH will have lots of fun (insert evil laugh here) checking homework and keeping up with stuff around the house. I don't think he realizes all the things I do sometimes so he'll be VERY happy to see me when I get home I'm sure.

Anyway, so now I'm motivated to get in shape for my trip. Not that I'll be lying poolside in a bikini or anything - LOL - but it'll boost my confidence and maybe make me brave enough to do more stuff on my own like see a show or go to a nice restaurant on my own. One of my co-workers is in Vegas this week so I'm sure I'll get some tips from her. I haven't been there since BK (before kids).

Saturday's workout was A-Jock's Turkey Mish-Mosh. This one is great AND do-able - especially if like me you only have a single DVD player so you get extra rest time by switching discs;-) I also paused between Imax3 blasts because I didn't feel like killing myself. Even so, I got a great workout.

Sunday was GS-Chest/Tris. I've been doing mostly endurance workouts so my chest and tris are very sore today.

This morning was a 5 mile jog/walk outside. The weather wasn't bad but it was really dark. I may have to start carrying a flashlight or something. I'm paranoid about stepping into a hole and rolling my ankle or something.

Have a great day everyone!

Sue

Hi girls.
Laurie-LOL @ the kids getting DH to put up the decorations. I saw CHRISTMAS decorations down the road from me already. It's WAY too soon!!

Sue, how fun that you get to go to Vegas! And alone! What a nice treat for you. Get a room with a big tub!

On Saturday I decided to clean my kitchen floor well. Even though it's no wax vinyl, the cleaner builds up. It took me 3 hours and 45 minutes just to scrub half of it! I couldn't believe how much different it looked when I was done. Unfortunately, I'm now in a lot of pain-my back. Just as my ankle heals! I'm feeling like I'm never going to lose this weight when I can't exercise. I lost 13 lbs. the first two weeks and now I've been stuck for almost 2 weeks. :(

So nothing else new to report for me....
HAGD!
Jill

Jill - You poor girl! If it's not one thing, it's another. Hopefully the pain in your back is just DOMS and you'll be fine in a few days. Losing 13 pounds in 2 weeks is very fast so that's probably why you've been stuck. Your body is probably adjusting right now and I'm sure if you stay consistent you'll start losing again. :)

I hope I get a nice room in Vegas, too! I'm looking at shows now and trying to decide what to see. I've seen Cirque de Soleil in person and on TV so I really don't feel the need to see that again even though I know they have different shows. A comedy would be great.

Take care and don't work too hard around the house.

Sue

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.