BUFF BADGERS 10/23 - 10/27

susanz

Cathlete
Hello Ladies! I hope you all had a good weekend. I was still a tad under the weather but was busy! No down time for us Mom's!:)

I was looking last week over Cathe's videos that I did not have and I ordered CTX Power Circuit. I hope it comes today. I am off work today and will be doing my Nordic Track this morning and then hopefully Power Circuit this afternoon!

I am also giving up sugar starting today. I was looking over my eating habits and I tend to gravitate towards sugar in various forms. I decided I need to let it go! I know the first week is going to be a killer but I know if I pull through next week will be a breeze! Wish me luck!:D

Have a good Monday! Susan

Morning BB's,

Susan, Good luck on the no sugar. That is a very hard temtation for me also.

Today is actually an off day for me. :) My shoulders are a little sore from PUB, so it is probably a good thing that I am off.

This is the week for shipping the new DVD's. I am very happy!!!

Have a great day!

Laurie

Hi BBs!
I haven't forgotten all of you. Between the phone crisis at work and then a bad cold, I just needed a break. I am just about all better now. I got 3 workouts in the end of last week. The congestion is just about gone - finally. Hoping today is the last day.

I can't remeber where in the pre-order that I ordered mine but I think it was fairly early.

Who else has pre-ordered? I know Sue.

Hi all,

I don't think I could give up sugar. I wish you well on that hard road. I hope you all feel better soon.

I ordered my dvd's on the first day. Hopefully, I will get them by the end of the week.

My father-in-law passed away after his battle with throat cancer. It was a busy week and weekend for me with a lot of people and a lot of get togethers. The funeral was really nice. He was a great man.

All sorts of things keep popping up for me to do today, so I don't think I will have time to squeeze any exercise in.

Have a great day everyone.

Karen,
I am sorry to hear about your FIL.I hope your DH and his family are alright. Take care. Susan

Karen - So sorry to hear about your dad. I lost my dad 3 years ago to lung cancer. It was hard but every day gets a little easier.

Marie - Welcome back! Yes, you are correct - I pre-ordered! :) And now after waiting over a year I may not be around when they arrive. :( Leaving for Las Vegas on Saturday for work and back late Wednesday night. I ordered on the first day so hoping to get mine Thursday or Friday.

Laurie - Happy rest day! Those shoulders in PUB are tough, aren't they?

Susan - I've tried giving up sugar but can't do it. I try to make better choices when it comes to sweets (lower fat, calories) and that seems to work better for me. Good luck!

Did Punch, Kick and Jam this morning and added on Mission Possible Hi/Lo.

I'm staying at the Rio in Vegas and guess how much they charge to workout in their fitness center? $20 a day!!!!! It's ridiculous. I plan on doing lots of walking and maybe a few pushups, crunches in my room. I will be sooooooooo ready for the new workouts when I get back. :7

Have a great Monday!

Sue

Morning BB's,

Today is SH Chest & Back.

Karen, so sorry to hear about your FIL. You and your family are in my prayers.

Suppose to go to a Partylite party tonight. I have been to too many of these things. I don't think I need anymore candles. ;) Don't think I'm heading out the door for this one. I have to haul DD13 to swimming anyway.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Hi Laurie and those to follow!

Day One of NO sugar: A success! I must say it was hard. My children had 2 Halloween parties over the weekend and there seems to be temptation around every corner in this house! I had not one piece. Now on to day 2! :)

I think I'll do CTX Kickbox cardio and Pilates on the Ball today.

Have a great day! Susan

Susan - you are picking a rough time to be giving up sugar. I never tried although I can have stuff around and resist or ration it where DH can't. But don't set a bowl of nuts in front of me!!!

Slept weird Sunday night and can't move my neck or right arm too well. Then a visitation last night so didn't have time to try to work it out and popped a muscle relaxant that only made me sleep. The vistiation for for SIL's father and of course DH's ex was there. She brought 21y/o son that doesn't drive so I'm sure that was her justification for attending.

I have an At Home America party on Thursday night and a work costume party on Friday night. Busy week.

Can't believe that October is just about over and we set the clocks back this weekend. I am not ready for it to be dark at 5pm.

Laurie - I wouldn't go to the party either. ;-) How is DD13 doing this year in swimming?

Susan - The only way I can resist Halloween candy is if it's hidden or non-chocolate. Otherwise, look out! :9 DH did buy these caramel Reese's cups though I'm not at all crazy about. I prefer the traditional peanut butter ones.

Marie - I'm not ready to set the clocks back this weekend either although it does give me an extra hour in Vegas. ;-)

Did Musclemax this morning.

It doesn't look like I'll get my DVDs before I leave on Saturday so excuse me while I pout.

Sue

HI everyone! I survived another day. Actually it's seems to be getting easier saying no to sugar! I admit, I do get a bit crabby during the mid-afternoon. I have been having a handful of nuts instead and it helps.

Yesterday I was going to do CTX Kickbox & Pilates. Then I changed my mind and did Kick,Punch,Crunch. So today will be a long walk and Pilates.

Have a good day. Stay strong- Susan

Morning BB's,

Today is Imax for me. Subbing in the warm-up from Imax2 instead. Imax is just way to long for me.

Susan, way to go on the no sugar. They say 21 days to make it a habbit. :)

Sue, DD13 is doing fine in swimming. We haven't had a swim meet yet, just intersquad. She has her six pack abs back and her shoulders. I just have to smile when she shows them off. Yesterday she was giving nutrition and exercise advice to a girl in her class that says she doesn't eat.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Laurie - you are teaching that daughter of yours well!

Susan - glad giving up sugar is getting easier for you. It has to be better than caffiene withdrawal!

I can move my neck and shoulder a little better today. At least enough to do a workout - Tamilee Webb Cardio Blast.

Sue - now with the delay in shipping you should be home when the workouts arrive. Hopefully we will have them by the end of next week.

I will be starting on a new treatment for dry eyes possibly by the end of this week. I don't want to get my hopes up too much but it would sure be great not to wake up during the night anymore. I am the 2nd person and they had good results with the first one. Not used much in the US yet so I am cutting edge (another term for desperate - in this case). They make eye drops from your serum so yesterday they drew 21 tubes of blood and sent it off to CA to make the drops. I thought it sounded gross but they gave me an article that makes it sound encouraging and worth a shot.

Good morning,

I drove my mother in law and my DH sister to the Minnesota airport yesterday. Another day filled with traveling. It will be good for her to be with someone for a while.

Susan, great job on no sugar. I really need to try that.

Laurie, It's nice your daughter is sharing her healthy lifestyle with others. I think the Imax warm up is too long too. I actually don't do that workout very much. I seem drawn to Imax 3.

Marie, I missed it. Did you do something to your back or neck? I hope you feel better. I am glad you got some type of exercise in.

Sue, It sounds like your workouts are going well.

Today I did SH triceps, RS, Stretch max and abs from Barrys Bootcamp. Not very good, the bootcamp series. JMO.

Have a great day everyone.

Karen - I've been seeing a lot of threads about Barry's Bootcamp on VF but haven't read any. Sounds like I don't need to bother. :+

Marie - I'm home with the kids the rest of THIS week so I'm bummed not to have the DVDs but I'll survive. :) Leaving for Vegas on Saturday so I'll probably be gone when they arrive. I've already informed DH that if he tries anything funny (e.g. wrapping them up to give me for Christmas) he's dead meat! :+ }( ;)

Laurie - I wish I could show off 6 pack abs. Sounds like she's turning into a bit of a role model herself. You should be proud.

Did Step Works this morning. This one still kicks my butt with that last combo.

Have some appointments this afternoon and then I'm going to surprise my husband by cooking something more complicated than tacos or turkey sandwiches. :7

Happy Hump Day!

Sue

Hello ladies! Hope you're all survivng the week! I'm feeling great!

Today will be Step Blast. I like this one almost as much as I like Rythmic Step.

The children are off school for the rest of the week. We are leaving early tomorrow morning to drive down to southern Illinois to visit friends. It's a 6+ hour drive! They just moved there from Utah. We are anxious to see them. I am not looking forward to sitting in a car for that long though. I get too antsy! Just like my kids!:)

I hope to get up early enough to get a good workout in before we leave.

Stay strong- Susan

Good Morning,

Susan, I love Rhythmic Step, it is my favorite step workout. Step Blast comes very close for me also. Have a great time visiting your friends. I am not much for long trips either. Anything over 3-4, I get really antsy.

Today, I think I will do SH biceps and maybe a run. I've kind of gotten out of running lately. I may opt for my Cathe.

Hi to the rest of you BB's.

Morning BB's

Today will be 45 Min Run and Seg #3 of Coremax.

I received an e-mail this morning from Beachbody telling me that my P90X DVD's are ready to ship from UPS. Crossing my fingers that they are actually going to arrive. I've heard some great reviews of these and got them for $99 (which I felt wasn't a bad price). Don't know when I should actually start a rotation, but I plan on reviewing and trying them out before starting full boat.

Karen, tell us more about the Barry's Bootcamp. I was interested in them until I saw the mixed reviews. Some people really like them, and some people don't.

Susan, have a great time with your friends. Do you have a DVD player for the car. I found that to be a life saver for our long car rides.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Hi, everyone!

Laurie - I saw that deal from BB on P90X and I have to admit I was tempted.

I decided to give Jari Love RTTC another try and this time used a barbell for chest and the squats in the beginning. Also went heavier than before and this time I felt like it was a good solid workout. I was sweating like crazy and muscles were shaking. I guess I'm finally on the Jari bandwagon.

DD11 had 2 baby teeth pulled this morning in preparation for getting braces so now I'm off to Culver's to get her frozen custard as promised. :) She was a real trooper and did well even though she was a bit apprehensive at first.

Have a great day!

Sue

Morning BB's,

Today is SH Legs & Shoulders.

Received my confirmation and delivery that my Cathe DVD's will be delivered on Tuesday. I didn't know Halloween included presents! The P90X's will be on my doorstep on Wednesday. I will have a lot of previewing and new exercises to do. }( I can't wait, since Sunday is the last day of my current rotation.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.