BUFF BADGERS 10/17-10/21

lvnascar

Cathlete
Morning Ladies,

Had a very nice weekend, got everything done for the girls bathroom. Curtains and towel bar are now put up, so that project is officially DONE! :D Yesterday we went to visit dd18 in UWW, and she is doing really well. She officially starts track practice today for the indoor season, so I'm sure that we will be going out to UWW periodically to watch her run. ;)

My workouts this weekend where:

Sat: PlyoX
Sun: Power Yoga for Strength & Endurance
Mon: S90 Legs and 10lb SD Recovery Lower Body

Have a great week!

Last edited:
With the exception of last night's Brewer game, I had a pleasant weekend. I got some shopping done that I've been meaning to do for awhile, relaxed a little, and ate reasonably well. We took DS to the Elegant Farmer for pumpkin choosing and a hayride. He loved it, but we had to deal with my MIL who was all hurt because we didn't invite her. Sigh... She doesn't seem to understand that sometimes we want to do things just as our own little three-member family.

Friday: No workout
Saturday: 4DS HIS and Chest & Back
Sunday: 4DS Kickbox and Legs (ouch!)

My mom gave me a late birthday gift that hadn't arrived in time: Step, Jump and Pump :eek:, so I plan to do Step Blast today! I previewed it on Saturday afternoon.

Laurie- Congrats on finishing the bathroom. You've got me researching stuff online for cheap & easy bathroom remodeling ;) I think I've got a winter pet project! I'm glad to hear DD18 is doing well. It's so great that you can go to see her so easily.

Have a good day, everyone.

Last edited:
Hi all! It´s been a while. I´ve gotten some good workouts in. GS series for resistance, a 5 mi run on Sat (beautiful weather:) ) During the week: Imax 3...haven´t done that in AGES and kick box challenge...some others

I think this may be a rest week for me.

My new classes are keeping me so busy I don´t get on the forum much.

Laurie, have fun with your visits with DD18. It´s fun to watch them grow!!

Sam, I love 4DS...should get that out since I missed today´s workout! I´ll get to download the new ones soon!

Can´t believe though, that the workout blender is not yet compatible with windows 7:confused::(

Morning Ladies,

S90 Shoulders & Arms and 10lb SD Recovery Yoga this morning. First time with the yoga workout, and it was a good one for only 20 min.

Sam, WTG on those 4DS workouts. Have a great time researching bathroom ideas. There are so many great options out there now, and I really love watching DIY and HGTV. Watch the show Bath Crashers, ya some of the things that they put into those bathrooms are a little to expensive, but they really have some great ideas that I have been compiling for our bathroom remodel sometime in the future.

Lala, Glad that you can pop in every once in a while. Usually this time of the year is really busy for everyone. I have not done Imax3 in a very long time. I avoid those jeanie hops! :eek:

Have a wonderful day!

Good morning. I did Step Blast yesterday for the first time. What a fun workout! The blasts at the end were tough, but still doable. I really liked it.

I was up half the night with DS, who has another cold. He was coughing and it seemed like we had tried everything. If anyone has any tricks to get a toddler to stop coughing, let me know. We tried honey, a humidifier, vicks, and propping him up as high as we could.

Anyway, I may or may not work out today. We'll see how sleepy I am. Right now I'm pumped up full of coffee and am not feeling too bad :p

I was planning on doing 4DS again this week, but I really want to try Step, Jump and Pump, so I was thinking about alternating circuits with cardio instead. Hmmm....

Laurie- I watched a lot of HGTV when I had cable. I think I was much more motivated to improve the house then, also. :D

Lala- Good to hear from you. It sounds like you've been getting in some great workouts despite being busy. Imax 3 scares me :confused: I'm not sure I'll ever be ready for it. I haven't ever purchased a download. Do you play them on your T.V. or just use your computer?

Have a great day.

Glad everyone is doing well. I didn't do a good job checking in last week, but I did get in 4 days of workout. I am not sure how many days that I checked in. I finished Meso 1 and I am taking a rest week.

Sam--Imax3 scares me and I have been doing Cathe for years. I can count the times that I have done that workout.

Laurie---Kudos to bathroom project. A little sprucing up puts a smile on everyone's face.

lala---love GS series.

HI gang! I am here! :D My weekend was busy. Saturday I was supposed to run but it was SO windy here ( up to 60 MPH) so did Ultimate Ball instead and I got on the elliptical during the Packer game for 5 miles.

Monday was KenpoX and today was a 4.5 mile run.

Laurie, good job finishing that bathroom! It is great you can go se DD so often. Hope when mine goes off to college I can do that!

Sam, let's not think about that Brewer game!:( Concentrate on the Packers!:D That was nice of your mom to get you the workout! Hope you like it!

Lala, I guess either the Wausau area was not windy on Saturday or you like running in the wind? ;) Enjoy your rest week!

Heartymax, I hope you enjoy the rest as well. Do you take a compete rest (no workouts) or do a little something (walking )? I have never taken a complete rest week in 24 years of training.... :eek: Maybe I am due!

Crazy at work this week. My head is just pounding tonight. I can't think any more! Time for a Mocha cappuccino, my jammies and my book!

Susan

Morning Ladies,

This morning was Kimberly Spreen's Absolute Kickboxing, and I did the Kickboxing Premix. I did this workout with weighted gloves, and again I'm feeling nice and toasty. I'm starting to feel like the gloves are not even on my hands when I'm doing the punches. :D

Sam, Have you tried the Step Blast workout yet? That one is good, I acutally enjoy that one. :eek: There are some good premixes on that one also. Sorry to hear that your DS is sick again. You tried everything that I have used in the past for getting those nasty coughs comforted. I found that the girls really liked the Vicks the best. They still use it. ;)

heartymax, Good job on getting the first Meso done. That one has a lot of weight changes. I was happy when I was done with that phase. ;)

Susan, Hope your cappuccino, jammies and book help relieve your pounding head. ;) We have been having the wind also, had a hard time with the morning walk because it included some rain. I should have worn a hat, because my ears where freezing by the time I got into the house.

Have a great day!

Good morning, everyone! DS slept like a rock last night. We used a trick I hadn't done before of propping him up by placing pillows under his mattress, worked like a charm! I should've been doing that when he was an infant and would only nap on my lap or in his carseat :rolleyes:

Heartymax- Enjoy your rest week!

Susan- So, you've never taken a total rest week, huh? You have amazing energy. I find I need a rest week every couple of months or so. Usually I have high goals of still doing yoga and a little walking, but end up doing nothing. :p

Laurie- I only did Step Blast once but I really liked it! It's a little less complex than RS, but still super fun. I liked the blasts at the end, too. Cathe is really "cut" looking in this series; it's humbling! Does the boxing with weighted gloves do nice things for your arms? My arms are my biggest problem area :confused:.

No workout yesterday, I crashed after my caffeine high ;). (I do not do well with lack of sleep.) I took a nice little snooze and baked some pumpkin muffins instead. I slept pretty well last night, and I'm feeling good today, so I'm sure I'll get something in this afternoon.

Hey, Heartymax, I´m on my rest week, too. thought I´d do 4DS this week, but just decided to rest!

Susan, Along with Sam, I say wow! to no rest weeks!! Actually I never took them til I found Cathe´s forum and saw the recommedations. I usualy take them every 8 weeks, but I think this was was after 6...just felt I needed it.

Sam, did you get in a workout today? Glad you found something to help DS sleep!

Laurie,Kickbox is one of my favorites. I´ll have to check out Kimberly. How does she compare to Cathe? or Amy Bento?

Hi there! Well, I decided to sleep in today. I was so tired last night, I don't even remember going to bed!:eek: I walked Ruby but have not decided what I'll do later. I have not been scheduling "off" days for my workouts. I tend to just listen to my body and if I need the extra sleep, then that day is my "off" day!
Looks like we have some nasty weather heading our way so I probably won't be running in the morning. Planning on S90 Tabata!

Lala & Sam, I think the reason I won't take a complete rest week is all mental.. I am afraid I'll gain weight, or slack off too much. Etc..Even though I am certain my body could use the rest, my mind won't let it!:confused:

Laurie, I would like to find heavier weighted gloves. I think mine are 1 pound a piece and I would like 2 pounds I think.. What are yours?

Have a good night ladies!

Susan---I am taking a complete rest week. Usually, I just do some cardio and no weights---but I am totally chilling out this week.

Sam---thanks for sharing that little trick with the pillow. I will have to remember it.

lala---enjoy your resting time too.

Laurie---this was my 3rd time doing Meso 1 so the weight changes don't seem nearly as bad as it did the first time through.

Did everyone order the new workouts. Hopefully they will be shipped soon. When I started STS again, it wasn' t as though I was planning to do the whole thing again, I just enjoy the workouts and decided to do Meso 1 week 1 and then...next thing I know I was doing week 2 and so forth. I was really hoping I would have the new workouts by the time that I finished Meso 1. Now, I may just wait and start them after Meso 2.

Morning Ladies,

This morning was S90 Chest & Back along with Jillian's 6 Week Six-Pack workout #2. I really like the second workout on this DVD more than the first. ;) Chest & Back was a good one, I like that the push-ups are broken up. I can actually do all 36 push-ups with good form, even the decline ones. :)

Sam, I do believe that the weighted gloves have been helping with my arms. I have a problem with that giggly arm when I lift them up. I think that has made my arms look way better, and I am not seeing that giggle. ;)

Lala, If you like Cathe's kickboxing, then you would like Kimberly. She has something that other instructors don't do. She uses a weighted bar for combat drills. This can be hard on the shoulders (I know you have had problems), but dang it is fun. Otherwise her kickboxing is more athletic like Cathe, and not complicated.

Susan, Don't blame you for opting out on anything to do with this wind and rain. I almost opted to not go on my walk with the dog, but I think she would have been disapointed. :rolleyes: I'm actually using 3/4lb gloves right now. I do have 1lb, but I don't like how loose they are on my hands. I'm thinking of getting wrist weights, that way they won't move around. That is the part I don't like. Instead of going up to 2lb, I think that they have 1-1/2 lb wrist weights. That might be a better option.

heartymax, Have fun chilling out! :D I don't think that I have ever done a non workout week. I have not ordered the new set, not that the low-impact doesn't sound good. I am getting picky on what I'm going to order, but I'm really interested in the yoga. If that is good, then I might order those.

Have a great day!

Hello! So today was the Tabata sweat fest!:D I did take Ruby for a quick walk but had not changed out of my exercise shorts, so I was cold! :eek: The wind was ridiculous!

Laurie, where did you find 3-4 pound hand weights? The only ones I find around here are 1 pounders! I have looked on and off at Kimberly's kickboxing workouts. It's good to hear she is similar to Cathe cause I love her style!:)

Heartymax, enjoy your much deserved "chillin". :) I did not order the new workouts. I am still deciding whether I want Insanity or P90X2! Too many workouts - too many decisions!

Have a great day everyone!

Susan

Susan- I laughed out loud at that picture! I'll have to share with some of my friends. I know what you mean about being afraid of taking a rest week. Weirdly, I usually drop a pound or two during rest weeks as long as I keep my eating in check.

Laurie- I'll have to check out those workouts -- they sound fun! Besides step, kickboxing, or just boxing, is my favorite form of cardio. I'd like to try KCM's TLC also. I hear such great things about it. So many videos, so little money...:D

Lala- Enjoy your rest week, also! Yes, I managed to get a workout in, though I almost had myself talked out of it :rolleyes:

Heartmax- I can't wait to get the new workouts! I was really wishing for the Yoga Relax last night. I ordered the first day of the preorder; it was DH's Mother's Day gift to me, so I hope I'll have them in my hands next week.

I did Low Max yesterday, which I haven't done in it's entirety in ages. It was "supposed" to be a weights day, but I didn't feel like doing weights. I rationalized that since Low Max works the legs so much it was practically a toning video :D

Have a great day!

Morning Ladies,

This morning was S90 Legs and 10lb Slimdown Recovery Lower Body. Still really like that combo. Nothing exciting happening for us this weekend, just want to get the house cleaned before next weekends confirmation. I also need to decide what I'm serving for lunch on that Sunday. :eek:

Susan, I love that attachment! :D I'm sure that is what I look like when just working out. :D The weighted gloves I have are from the 10 min. Solutions Knockout workout. I actually like these gloves better than my 1lb gloves. I am looking at wrist weights like the ones that Cathe sells, but going for something a little less expensive. I'm doing the Tabata sweatfest tomorrow. ;)

Sam, I'm actually going to be trying out LowMax next month. :eek: This will be my once a year step workout. :D I like the blasts in the workout, and you are right it really does work those legs. I have KCM's TLC on my wish list. I don't know how interested I am in her new kickboxing workout, she does use the step on that one. :confused:

Have a great day!

Good morning! I did Low Impact Circuit yesterday. I've gotten where I can use the same handweights as Cathe, but I can't use the same barbell weight as her and the crew. I also still cannot do that part where she wraps the band around the bar. It just feels weird to me, and I can't get the right resistance. I should try using the pink band instead.

Laurie- I have KCM's first "stepboxing" workout. I like it, but I don't like KCM's cueing :confused: or the weights at the end; I usually skip them. I was thinking of preordering this one, but there are lots of other dvds I think I want more.

DH has to go to Chicago on Sunday for work, and I'm supposed to be singing at two church services with the choir, so it should be an interesting morning. I think a grandma will have to do some early-morning babysitting.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Hi all! I thought my life would be less busy starting this week but that didn't happen. DS still has football practice every day and DD has clubs she likes to do after school as well. Add Parent/Teacher conferences onto that and an upgrade I'm doing tomorrow at work that I've been busy prepping for and it doesn't leave much time.

I've been staying up late and then too tired to get up in the morning to workout and then too busy at night. I did Leslie twice this week for 3 miles and 2 miles so at least I did something.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Hello! Today was P90X Legs/ Back. I have missed this workout so much!
Saturday I plan to run and Sunday, I can't remember but I think S90 Total Body.

My weekend looks busy running here and there. But I am looking forward to going to brunch with friends from my old job. I miss those funny ladies!:D

Laurie, I am going to look for heavier hand weights, I feel I need more oompf in my KB workouts!

Sue, those crazy weeks stink! Nice to see you were able to add in a lil' something anyway.

Sam, it's nice to have a Grandma close, able to help! Good luck on Sunday!

Take care ladies~ Susan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.