Buff Badgers 10/15-10/19

lvnascar

Cathlete
Morning BB's,

I didn't workout at all this weekend. Just too many things going on and I couldn't keep my eyes open. :D So I will be getting in Workout for Women Circuit Shaping for today.

DD14's conference meet on Saturday went well. I don't know her placement, but she came in around 16:34. She wanted to go to sectionals this weekend. She came in #5 of all her teammates, so she qualified. She felt guilty that a senior came in the #8 spot. Only 7 runners are able to go to the sectional meet. I told her not to feel guilty. The senior had the oportunity to pass the other two runners, just like she did. :) DD said she felt great, and she loved the course. :)

Saturday night we did a PR gig at the Majestic. This is the first time I have been in this theater. Very nice, but the seats are really uncomfortable when you are wearing a bum roll. :D Yes we where dressed up for the whole movie. While some things in this movie where factually inaccurate. It was still a good movie. Just wish that Sir Walter Rahleigh would have closed his doublet. :D

Sue, I was at a Tasefully Simple party yesterday. :) Forgot all about it until DH reminded me of it. I took my oldest with me, because I didn't want to buy anything that they where not going to eat. :) They didn't have the wheat beer bread there, but I did order it to try it out. I also got the Wild Rice Soup mix. DD really liked it. Got a bunch of other stuff also.

Susan, Hope your weekend was a good one. Not too busy!

Have a great day!

Laurie

Laurie - I was busy and tired this weekend, too, and my workouts were not as good as I planned. Congrats to DD14 on another fine race. No way should she feel guilty about placing ahead of the senior. I think it's good the younger team members are challenging the older ones. That way they can't rest on their laurels. I've been to the Majestic for David Seebach's Illusions in the Night (cool show BTW) and I agree, the seats are uncomfortable. Cool theatre though. Maybe Sir Walter Raleigh gained a few pounds and that's why he didn't close his doublet.;-)

After Dojo on Friday night I went for a 2 mile walk. On Saturday I did BBC Back & Shoulders with the intention of doing the cardio later in the day - didn't happen. Yesterday I did LowMax 4-7 with the intention of doing abs later - that didn't happen either. Slept in this morning so no workout. Oh, well.

Hi, Susan and Karen!

Hope everyone enjoyed the Packer victory yesterday. I don't watch football but it's nice to see them win.

Sue

Morning BB's,

Workout will be Mega Step Blast.

I received my shipping notice, and will have my workouts on the 18th. Can't wait to try them out.

Sue, Will you be going to the 4-Day Split once you get the new DVD's. How have you been liking the Barry's? I personally think that the BBC workouts are a valuable part of a rotation. They would be something that you can stick into a rotation to shake things up.

Susan and Karen, Hope you are both doing well.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Laurie - I'm jealous - no shipping notice yet for me.:-( Yes, I plan on going to the 4-Day Split once I get them. This week I'm taking a break from Barry's and doing endurance workouts. I agree - Barry's can definitely be used to shakeup your routine (or kill you :+ ).

Last night I did Ab Ripper X and Step 'n Intervals cardio. This morning was ME Upper including abs. Dojo tonight.

Hi to Susan and Karen if they're reading this!

Sue

Hi ladies!

Life has been too busy but I am surviving! My weekend workouts consisted of a 3 mile walk Saturday morning and some Pilates on Sunday.

Monday I did the elliptical for 45 mn. Tuesday I did Max.Int. Strength. Today is Step Blast. I wrote up a new routine the other day. All the workouts are 1 hour or less. I am just too busy for anything more than that. So its either just cardio, or just strength or a little of both. No more 1 hour workout followed by 30-40 mn of something else. No time for that!

I am seriously looking into those Barry's!

Hello Karen! Hope all is well.

Have a great day ladies! Susan

Morning BB's,

Today is WFW Circuit Shaping / Yoga Zone Power Yoga for Strength and Endurance.

DD14 received the results from her meet. She came in 29th. So not a bad performance for her first conference meet. :) I'm looking at getting her into some type of sports training for the winter months. I don't want her to lose her conditioning during the winter. This way she wouldn't be sore her first day of track. :D

Susan, Did you order Cathe's new workouts? Those are suppose to be around an hour. But the Barry's are a good option also. I really like them.

Sue, Did you get your shipping notice yet? I bet they are shipping to you. Some people have looked at the web page, and have found that their workouts have shipped. They never received any shipping notice via e-mail.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Laurie - Yes! Mine are scheduled for delivery on Friday. Of course this weekend is super busy (working Saturday, baby shower Sunday) so probably won't get a chance to preview them.

Susan - I hear ya! Right now it seems 45 min. is about all the time I ever have for working out. Thank goodness for premixes. I like the Barry's but some people complain about the impact. I think for $20 you can't go wrong just getting them for the weights.

Sue

Hi there!

I woke up an hour late today! Must have been the rain!:)

Today was supposed to be L&G, however, my friend called yesterday and asked if I could watch her kids while she goes down to Madison to take her oldest into the hospital. The DD has cystic fibrosis. So, since I don't know when she'll be back I'll have to make it an "off" day for now!

Stay dry! Susan

Susan - I think you mentioned this friend and her child before - hope all goes well for them today. Yes, the rain made it hard to get moving this morning. DD was happy because it means no flag football outside today in gym - dodgeball inside instead (her fave).

Last night we saw 4 of DD12's teachers. She is doing very well but has a few things to work on.

Hi, Laurie! Do you get your Cathes today? I figure since you received your shipping notification before I did that you'd get them sooner. Mine are supposed to arrive tomorrow.

Did Leaner Legs this morning.

Sue

Morning BB's,

Workout today will be Tracey Staehle's Sweatfest Cardio.

Oldest DD will not be interrupting my workout again today. She is going to watch the JV run their final meet. Hope the rain lets up by then. I took the dog for a wet walk this morning. It sure is funny to see a fuzzy dog, from getting a towel dry. :D

When I was shopping I found that McCain has sweet potatoes that are cut like french fries. They must have a little bit of oil on them because they have 3g of fat per serving. But I bought some and baked them up last night. It was nice to have sweet potatoes in a different way. :9

Susan, Glad you can help your friend out this way. Your workouts have been top notch so taking a day off every once in a while won't hurt you a bit. Besides you will be busy with keeping you eye on all those kids. :)

Sue, I'm hoping to do some previewing tonight on the new DVD's. We will see if that is possible. :) Maybe I will just take a walk on my treadmill and preview away. I saw some of the write ups on the DVD's and can't wait to try the Kickboxing one out.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Morning BB's,

Todays workout is WFW Circuit Shaping / Shape Transforming Circuit

Did a little preview of the KB and Legs workout last night. For a 30 min KB workout this one looks awesome. :D At the end she says there was a little bit of everything in that one. And I have to say that I think she was right. So I'm ready next week to get these workouts started. :D

Susan, How did you fare after taking care of children all day yesterday? :D Hope you friends DD is doing well.

Sue, I think the KB workout will be a good one for your Dojo practice. Of course I could be wrong because I'm a KB junkie. Can't get enough of it. :D Going to try previewing the rest of these workouts this weekend, so I know what type of weights I need to have ready. :D

This weekends workouts will be Saturday: Rest Sunday: Kathy Smith Kickboxing (might add the new KB workout to this one) plus some type of yoga or stretch workout.

Have a great weekend,

Laurie

Laurie - Ooh! I'm excited about Cathe's new Kickbox workout now. :7 Hope I get time to preview these this weekend. I'd like to start next week, too but I like to preview at least the cardio first.

Susan - Have you done Extreme Heart Rate lately? My HR felt "extreme" this morning during my cardio.;-)

Did BM2 Timesaver Cardio this morning.

Busy weekend. Working about 6 hours tomorrow if all goes well; longer if it doesn't. Baby shower on Sunday in Stoughton for my new great nephew, Matthew James. Weather should be nice. Hope everyone gets to enjoy it.

Sue

P.S. Our Dojo is raffling off Wavemaster bags during test/graduation tomorrow! :7 I can't go because of work but I'm hoping DH and kids win for me! :)

Hi ladies!

Yes, baby sitting did go well. The kids all get along really well together. Looks like my friends daughter should be back from Madison some time next week.

Today was "Bootcamp".

Speaking of "Extreme Heartrate", that's tomorrow's workout! Sunday will be L&G since I didn't get it in yesterday. Both days I will also take a nice long walk!

Have a great weekend ! Enjoy the weather! Susan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.