Buff Badgers 1/7-1/11

lvnascar

Cathlete
Morning BB's,

Todays workout was Chest, Shoulders, Triceps. Will get ARX and maybe a 30 min. KB workout in later tonight. DD10's first day back to dance class tonight. :D

Had two parties this weekend. Saturdays was lots of fun with all our faire friends, down in IL. Didn't enjoy the drive back in the fog though. Sunday we celebrated Christmas with DH's family. We went to the Botanical Gardens. Bartillata's (sorry spelling) has a Sunday brunch there every weekend. I don't know how much it was, but the brunch was really tasty. They also have a fish fry on Fridays until April. This place would be really pretty for a wedding. :)

Sue, I did take your advice and put my clothes out. I am still walking the dog too, so I am able to be wide awake by the time I get back home. :) I'm also starting to lay out my work clothes the night before too. I was out the door 15 min. earlier than I had planned, and it was a good thing. Traffic was really bad this morning. You will have to let us know how those new classes go, and it is cool that you get new uniforms. :) How did your first week of BFL go?

Hope everyone else had a great weekend, I need to get some tea and drink my protien drink. :D

Have a great day!

Laurie

Laurie - Wow! Walking the dog and then working out in the morning. Good for you! I haven't been to the Botanical Gardens since 1982! I remember because I was in college and my boyfriend at the time took me there and a few other Milwaukee landmarks one weekend. Glad you made it home okay in the fog Saturday night. Did you hear about the mass car pileups near Madison yesterday? Awful. I have lots of relatives in the Madison area but haven't heard that anyone was involved.

Day 10 of 12 Week Challenge for me. Eating is still going well. I lost 5 pounds the first week but my weight was 8 pounds up from my normal weight due to a lot of stress eating in November and December. So really I'm up 3 from my normal weight. I don't think losing 28 pounds is realistic over 12 weeks so I'm sticking to my goal of losing 20 which if you're following the math here would put me down 12. I'd love for that to happen but shouldn't get too hung up on the numbers as long as I'm making consistent progress.

Made turkey chili last night from my Deceptively Delicious cookbook. It had chicken stock, flaxseed meal, pureed veggies and cornmeal (along with ground turkey, onions, tomatoes, and kidney beans of course) so it was had a different taste to it. I added salsa and that helped. Also made healthier Rice Krispie bars with a lot less margarine, brown rice cereal and flaxseed meal. They turned out delicious! (I just sampled a little bit that stuck to my fingers.)

Over the weekend I did BBC Legs + cardio, Forms class, Ab Ripper X and BBC Arms/Abs + cardio. The Forms class was tougher than I thought it would be. I went just to learn my Form* I need to know for testing on January 26 but we also did some sparring with padded swords and practiced our jump kicks. I worked up a good sweat which I didn't expect! :)

*A Form is a series of Tae Kwan Do movements you have to memorize and execute on your own in front on the instructor.

Did a Tae Bo this morning. It's a pretty easy workout so I'm hoping to get a CTX cardio in tonight.

Sue

Hello ladies! Sorry I missed posting yesterday!:-(

My weekend was pretty quiet, just house work and I took the kids to see the Chipmunk movie. It was cute but I have seen better ones! My workout Saturday was Step Blast and Sunday was "off".

Yesterday I did IMAX 2 and today is Bootcamp. I printed out Cathe's January rotation and am doing it with slight changes here and there.

This fog is starting to get on my nerves! I want sunshine!! x(

Sue, glad to hear BFL is working for you! 5 pounds is awesome! I've lost 2 of the 4 I gained over the month of December... I was thinking about dieting last night and what a major pain it is! I was wishing I was one of those "natually" thin women who don't have to work hard to stay slim. Alas, God made me this way and I will have to just deal with it! ;-)

Have a great day and I'll see ya tomorrow! Susan

Susan - I thought about doing the January rotation but realized I'd have to modify it quite a bit to fit my schedule. I need a quick workout Tuesdays and Thursdays and we're starting to take more Dojo classes. Let me know how you like it - it looks intense! Congrats on losing 2 pounds!! Yeah, I wish I was one of "those women" too. :)

Laurie - Did you get your morning workout in? Did you order P90X+?

Did CTX Kickbox last night because I felt like I needed more cardio. This morning was 4DS Legs premix. Short workout but I have Tae Kwan Do tonight (2 classes) so I'm sure I'll burn a few calories in those. Since we joined Leadership we'll stay for the half hour class after our regular class so 1 hr. 15 min. total. Hope I get to play with padded swords again - that was fun! :)

Day 11 of 12 Week Challenge

Sue

Morning BB's,

Todays workout was PlyoX, felt good when I was done with that one. Don't know if I will tack on a leg workout later tonight. Will see how I feel about working out.

Sue, I am loving my morning workouts so far. It is really hard getting home later though. But now I can go home and am able to actually cook something for the girls. This is one of the major reasons why I changed my hours. Seems like I was just throwing something together for dinner. Tonight I am making a stir fry, so I'm excited about that. And yes I did order the new P90X+ workouts, and have gotten my shipping notice. I have to look at the tracker to find out when it will be delivered.

Susan, My DD's want to see the Chipmunk movie also. I don't want to see it, so they will have to go with someone else or wait for it to appear on out pay channels. I won't be in the room when it is playing though. :D The chipmunks voices are so annoying. :D Oh you are right sunlight would be a nice thing to see. ;-)

Have a great day,

Laurie

Hello hello hello!!! I hope you all had a lovely Christmas and New Year. :) I'm sorry I haven't checked in in awhile! We went on vacation and then when we came home I got sick. Really sick with a horrible cold. I hear it's really going around. I didn't exercise at all for a week and a half. :( Luckily I am only up 3 pounds from my pre-holiday weight, so I'm okay with that. I started back with exercise and good eating yesterday and feel much better.

Laurie, wasn't it great walking the dog in the warm weather the last few days? I was grateful. :) The only problem now is the mud everyone. Ugh. It's hard to wipe Sammy's feet off good and I have mud tracks in the house. :( LOL @ the chipmunks being annoying. I agree!!

Sue, I haven't been to the BG either since I was a kid. Isn't that funny how you "forget" about your local stuff? We did the Busch tour in St. Louis and I said I've never gone on a brewery tour in Milwaukee lol. Is the 12 Week Challenge on this board or for somewhere else? I started watching National Body Challenge last night. It's kind of like Biggest Loser-they lose weight pretty fast on those shows. Too bad we have jobs and can't just devote 24/7 to our fitness and eating!

Susan, I am so with you re: the fog! What the heck is the deal? I'm sick of it being dark outside all day long! I'm ready for some sun.

Tax season has officially begun. Again. It seems like it just ended!

The good news is I got a 5% raise today. I'm pretty happy with that. :)

Off to make dinner and then settle in for some vegging while watching TBL. :)
Jill

Jill - So did you do other fun things on your vacation besides take Brewery tours? I've never taken a Brewery tour either. Hey, wouldn't that be a fun BB get-together? We all go on a Brewery tour?! Or maybe the Botanical Gardens would be safer for our diets.

Good luck with tax season. Ugh! My brother is an Accountant and I'm so glad this time of year that I didn't go into Acctg. ;-)

5% raise is great! Mine was only 3 point something.

The 12 week challenge is on this forum. Some people are doing Body for Life; others are just committed to eating clean and working out for 12 weeks. Some are doing Cathe; others are doing other stuff. I needed more accountability for myself which is why I decided to do it.

Glad you're feeling better.

Sue

Good morning all.

Day 12 of 12 Week Challenge

Had Dojo last night. Played with padded sticks and practiced wrist locks so not a vigrous workout. More mental than anything. Definitely challenging. Tired today after being paged at 3:00 a.m. so no workout yet. Will either do cardio tonight or take a rest day. I'm seeing my doctor today about my thyroid. I've been so tired lately and the pounds come off soooooo slowly. I weighed myself and I'm actually up a pound! How did that happen? I haven't cheated on my diet. I'm eating clean. (sigh) Will have to watch it especially close today. It's days like today when I get discouraged I start telling myself "Go ahead and have a _____________ (insert favorite treat here). You're not losing anyway so might as well enjoy yourself." I think we've all been there. . .

Sue

Morning BB's,

Todays workout was Back & Biceps. Will be doing a 30 min run and ARX later tonight.

Sue, Sorry to hear that your thyroid is making you so tired. I understand totally what you are talking about the "go ahead and eat" thing. Yesterday seemed like a day that my stomach just couldn't get enough in it. I was trying so hard to keep my eating clean, and then those fish crackers my DD was eating looked better. :D But you are doing good, and will be rewarded in the end. I was watching TBL Couples last night and most of the women didn't do that well. One even gained a pound.

Jill, Hello back at you, and glad that you are starting to feel better. I have been on a Miller tour, but then I was employeed by the company that owned Miller at the time. Oh yes the mud is something that Cami seems to like. This morning when she was walking on the grass I could hear the grass was crunchy from the frost. Congrats on the 5% raise. Something to treasure now that the tax season is upon us. :)

Susan, Did you see the sun this morning. I didn't know what was shining in my eyes as I was driving to work. :7 :7 :7

Have a great day!

Laurie

Morning girls. I don't get this-it's the third time I've had posts just disappear! I posted this morning and now it's gone!

I answered that yes we did touristy stuff in SL-----went to their Hard Rock Cafe (meh) and walked around a lot downtown and of course went up in the Arch. It was neat, but it wasn't my first time so it wasn't THAT stunning. DS loved it though. He was texting some friends telling him he was at the top lol.

Today........no gym. I had to go to a meeting and just got back now, ate lunch and have to get some work done.

As Laurie said, tax season is upon us. Ugh!
Jill

HI there!

Jill glad to see you back! Sounds like you had fun!

Sue, I hope you can get your meds changed so you start feeling better. It sucks being hypothyroid! The weight seems to take forever! Where others can lose 3 pounds, we're lucky if we lose 1! Stay strong! It'll get better.

Laurie, the sun was great today! I was happy to be able to use my sun glasses again! ;-)

Today is Cardio Kicks! Haven't done this one in a looooong time!

Good morning! Well, Cardio Kicks was fun yesterday. It's nice to pull out an oldie every now and again.

Today is Step,Jump, Pump. This is not one of my favorites. I've only done it a few times but since Cathe wrote it down, I'll do it!

Hope you all have a great day! Gettin' closer to the weekend!

Stay strong- Susan

Day 13 of 12 Week Challenge

Susan - I like Cardio Kicks. I think the music and the eye candy ;-) are motivating. Those sequential kicks are tough, too. Missed the sun yesterday - dang! I'm glad I can commiserate with you about thyroid problems. It's nice having someone who understands. See update below. You're doing really well on the January 08 rotation. I'm not a fan of the step in SJP but I love the hi/lo. I think of it as my "reward" for doing the step portion.

Well my doctor said my sleepiness and trouble losing weight was NOT due to my thyroid since my TSH came back as .461 which is in the normal range. He thinks my problems are stress-related and suggested exercise! Ha! Did he even look at my blood pressure reading? Does 110 over 70 sound like someone who's sedentary? He also blamed my age (I'm 43) and said your metabolism slows down as you age. Isn't a drop in basal metabolism mainly due to loss of muscle mass? Hello - did he look at my biceps? I told him I exercise a lot without going into specifics and he just shrugged his shoulders. No more advice for me. Frustrating. The stress isn't going away anytime soon since we have a major year-long project at work I'm heavily involved in so I'll just try to manage it the best I can and keep exercising and eating clean. I'll also try drinking more water and doing more cardio and see if that helps. Like Lorrie told me yesterday - It makes no sense to quit. The good news is that I weighed myself this morning and I'm down that pound I was up.

After dinner last night I was still fired up from my dr. appt. so I did Step Fit and had a blast. This is probably my favorite Cathe step workout of all time so not only did it burn a ton of calories, it put me in a good mood.:) This morning was 4DS Chest/Shoulders/Tricep premix. Will try to do cardio & core tonight.

Sue

Wow Sue your doctor sounds like a dweeb! Sorry you had that experience. I hate that. I need to get a checkup and pap and I keep putting it off cuz I have a new insurance plan and doctor and I'm dreading it. But I really need to go soon.

I've been having trouble sleeping lately as well. I can't seem to even fall asleep. Once I'm asleep I'm okay but man, the tossing and turning before I finally fall asleep is a bummer.

Working out today at 10:30am when my boss is in the dentist's chair lol. I have to plan like that now for tax season since he calls me so much.

HAGD!!
Jill

Jill - You are so funny! Dweeb - yep, that's a good word for him. LOL I'm sure he's used to people complaining about not being able to lose weight because they're expecting to take some magic pill and lose 20 pounds overnight but that's not me. I toss and turn sometimes, too, before I get to sleep. Usually because I have something on my mind or my DH is snoring. (He's been doing that a lot lately. Usually when he gains a few pounds.) That could be why I'm so tired. I like how you schedule your workouts around your boss' dentist appt. Smart girl! What's on the schedule for today?

Sue, I've really been getting back into my Firm workouts again. I had upped the level to some Cathes before vacation, but since I took off almost being on vacation and then being sick. So I'm back on the Firm workouts working my way up back up to Cathe.

Sue, sorry to hear your Dr. couldn't give you any answers. It does sound a bit stress related after seeing your thyroid levels. Mine are at .71. I guess you can only try to take good care of yourself. Maybe taking a sleep aid would help? My Mom always swears by Tylenol PM. She used to take it when she worked 3rd shift to help her sleep during the day. You can always come here to vent!;-)

Susan

It felt good to exercise even though it wasn't the hardest one I have. It was Supercharged Sculpting, one of my Firms, and "only" 35 minutes. But hey, if that's all I can fit in now cuz of work (not to mention a sick kid at home AGAIN!) then I guess that's better than nothing. Right?!

Evening BB's,

Todays workout was Long and Lean Yoga.

Had a off site meeting today, and I just got back. No access to computer, so I am posting now that I am home. The meeting was ok, but at times it was very boring because it didn't pertain to the job that I do. Oh well I didn't have to be at work, didn't have to wear safety glass, no steel toe shoes either for that matter. :D Now I am happy. :7 :7

Sue, Doctors are so busy now that I don't think they really look at people when they are sitting on that table. :D But the guy must have been blind. :D You could be right on the snoring disturbing your sleep. I had a hard time when my DH first started snoring, but now I am used to it so hardly even notice it anymore. In fact our oldest DD said he was snoring this morning. :D

Jill, Oh man is your youngest sick again? Glad you where able to get your workout in with all the distractions you have and will continue to have until April heads your way. Bet that day on the calendar is circled. :D Hope your DS feels better soon.

Susan, I really like the drills in Cardio Kicks. I know that Cathe's form isn't the best in this one, but I sure love to pound out those upper cuts with her.

Have to go see the update on STS!

Laurie

Hello there!

Glad to see it's Friday! Woke up and had to shovel right away. Today is my DH's birthday and my scheduled "OFF" day. Saturday is Muscle Endurance and Sunday is the elliptical.

No big plans for the weekend just watching the Packers kick butt!

Hope you all have a great day and fun weekend!

Susan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.