BUFF BADGERS 1/28 - 2/1

susanz

Cathlete
Hello there! Hope you all enjoyed your weekend! Mine was quiet but good! Saturday I did BodyMax and Sunday I went on the elliptical for an hour. I was going to do BodyMax on Friday but I just wasn't feeling quite right yet. I actually laid down and took a nap instead! I am feeling "normal" finally today.

Re-wrote a rotation last night. I have been doing Cathe's January '08 one but it didn't allow me any time for my pilates! I really miss it when I don't practice it for a while. So I have now added it back in! So, today is Pilates Max. Burn for an hour! :)

Enjoy the warmer temps today! It won't last long!

Stay strong- Susan

Morning BB's,

Workout today was Core Syn.

I was busy this weekend doing housework on Saturday. On Sunday we went to the funeral for our friend in IL. I did manage to get Kimberly Spreens Absolute Kickboxing Intervals in and Sunday was Stretch X.

Susan, I think it is important that you get into your rotation things that you enjoy. Someone asked on another thread what Pilates workouts are good. Since I really done do those type of workouts I thought I would as you for recommendations. She wants mat exercises.

Sue & Jill, Hope your weekend didn't go by too fast for you. Or in Jills case, you where not too sick!

Have a great day!

Laurie

Morning BBs! I am so proud I actually remembered to check in this morning. :) I went to the gym this morning; I am finally feeling back to my normal self. That cold/virus thing really was tough to get over. I hope it's gone for good now!! DS18 still has it, but hopefully he's got the last of it.

Susan, you are right; we'd better enjoy the warm temps cuz they won't be around long.

Laurie, sorry about the funeral. :(

I went to a play on Saturday night at the Janesville Armory. Has anyone been there? It's a very nice dinner theater. They were doing Footloose and it was pretty good. My mom and I go to a lot of plays but usually not that expensive. The Waukesha Civic Theater has some good ones and they're only $10 usually.

Sunday was a veg day and I'm glad I did it; I think it was what I needed to get healthy.

So back on track.............and now Tue/Thur at the office. Ugh. So I won't be around those days, unless I find the time/energy at night.

Speaking of finding time......I'd better go get something out of the freezer for dinner.

HAGD!
Jill
:p

Work has calmed down this week.

Susan - Glad you're feeling back to normal. I wish the weather would warm up and dry out so I can get outside again. Can't remember the last time I jogged.

Laurie - The weekend went by WAY too fast - as usual. ;-) I did Power Yoga for Happiness Quickie 30 min. on Friday night and liked it a lot. Figured out I've been doing pigeon incorrectly all this time. If I put my shin at more of a 90 degree angle it's much harder.

Jill - Glad you're also feeling better. Heard on the radio this morning that flu season hasn't even peaked yet in southeast Wisconsin so everybody keep washing your hands! :) I've only been to Janesville twice that I recall. Both times to the Janesville mall! I love seeing plays, too, but we never seem to make time to do it.

We had testing/graduation on Saturday and it was FUN!!! I had to break 3 boards using an ax kick, knee thrust and flying elbow strike and broke each one on the first try! They're special boards already pre-cut. I chickened out on going beyond my belt level on the form even though I knew it. Kids both earned their green belts. DH and I are orange (1 level behind them).

Over the weekend I did BBC Chest and BBC Back/Shoulders with non-treadmill cardio for both. This morning was LIS cardio with Bootcamp cardio only premix.
Sue

Hi BBs,
Just thought I would stop by and see how everyone is doing.

Jill - good to see you again. What gym are you going to?

Susan - I would like to start doing pilates too. Would love to hear some recs for shorter workouts.

Laurie - the weekends always go by too fast even without football.

Sue - sounds like the family is doing great in martial arts and found something you all enjoy!

We are back from WDW. DH finished both the half and full marathons but claims he will never do that again. I am still battling the plantar fasciitis and now (from compensating) have tendinitis in my ankle. I need to wear a boot thing for a couple of weeks to rest it. I am really anxious to get back to working out. The elliptical was a great purchase - even DH is using it. I can't go to belly dance for the next couple of weeks but hope to return after that. I love that class. I did get the go ahead to try a spin class this Saturday so I am signed up for that and looking forward to it even if I need to take it slow.

Are any of you getting Cathe's new series? It looks interesting - but 37 workouts??? Wow! Some of her new equipment looks interesting too.

Sue, your class sounds so fun. What a great way to get aggression out of your system lol.

Marie!! Hi there! I joined a little gym that is right near my house. It's not like Curves or Snap; it's a "traditional" gym and VERY basic. No frills, but that's okay; I'm going there to exercise, not meet men or socialize lol. I sold my house and bought a condo, so I lost my big home gym area. I can do some things in my living room, but not everything. I miss my step workouts, but for at least a few more years I have no space. Maybe when DS18 is out of the house.......

Elliptical is my favorite cardio, too. Mine just got fixed this morning, but I just went down there (it's in my garage) and it doesn't work!! So I had to call and leave my handyman guy a message. Darn it!

I won't be buying any of the new Cathe workouts. I didnt' but the last set either. I have enough dvds considering the lack of space in my living room. Don't get me wrong, my condo is very large (almost 1900 sq ft). There just isn't much workout space.

Back to work.............
Jill

Jill - Last I heard you were staying in the house so glad to hear it all worked out for you to move into a condo and you won't have all that maintenance. Did you buy one that you had posted pics of? I belong to WAC and like the combo of having the gym and home. Does your gym have classes or just cardio/weight training equipment?

Marie, I had my house for sale 3/06-8/06 and no bites. So I took it off the market, painted and did some remodeling, and put it up for sale again in 03/07. I had an offer of only $900 under my asking price in nine days! In 2006 I was going to buy a condo in Elkhorn, but it didn't work out since my house didn't sell. It all worked out for the best though, because some new condos got built right in East Troy. So I only had to move 1/2 a mile away from my house! And I'm only a couple of blocks from my ex, too, so it's convenient with the kids. I do like not having the work, but I miss the storage space sometimes.

The gym I go to has classes, but only twice a week and at 5:45pm. Totally not convenient for my schedule, so I don't go. I was going for awhile there, and may start up again after tax season when I'm not working so much. I also like to go to the yoga class there, but it's once a week on Sunday morning at 7:30am. I haven't made it to many classes.

So I basically do the gym M/W/F, and then at home the rest of the time. I've been doing cardio at the gym and my weights dvds at home. Now I want to add in a little more cardio at home since the elliptical is fixed.
Jill

Morning BB's,

Todays workout was Bryan Kest Sweat! It was a great workout this morning, or I'm just in a good mood.

Cami and I saw a deer on our walk this morning. She, of course, wanted to go after the deer. I thought my arm was going to get ripped off as she took after the thing. All I saw was it's white butt, so don't know if it was a buck or doe.

Hope everyone is ready for the weather we are suppose to get. I don't like the sound of these winds. I'm guessing that we will not be having fun on the way home from work tonight. x(

Jill, Glad you are feeling better, and can get those workouts back in. I've only been to Janesville for the little Ren faire that they have.

Sue, Glad that you liked PY4H. In the Magically Hips workout there is a real dog in there when he is doing down dog. So Eion does have a sense of humor. And of course there is a lot of nectar talk too. :D

Marie, Nice that you can pop in and let us know how you are doing. I ordered the new Cathe's, and am looking forward to the workouts. It sounds like a challenge, and I'm up for it.

Susan, Hope your day is going well.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Quick check in=I'm at the office but had a sec.

I got up early this morning and did a Cathe weights workout. Yay me! It wasn't easy, but I really want to get back on the losing track so I did it. :)

Lauri, I am not looking forward to driving home today! I leave at 3pm and that's about when it's supposed to start. Scary!!!

My elliptical is fixed! I probably mentioned that but I'm so happy. I am going to get on it when I get home for 30 minutes. It will be great to have that extra cardio
JIll

Marie - Great to hear from you. Sorry to hear you're having so much trouble with your foot and now your ankle. Can you do yoga? That might be a good workout for you until your foot is better. Since trying YogaX, I have new respect for how hard yoga is (and how much you can sweat!) I haven't pulled the trigger yet and ordered the new Cathe workouts. I agree - 37 is a lot! I have so many strength workouts already and what I really want is more cardio dvds and P90X+. $200 will buy a lot of dvds. I still have $60 on a Cathe gift card to use which I may save for MMA - now THAT ONE I can't wait to preorder!!! Anyway, I'll wait until they announce the next price increase and then I'll have to decide.

Laurie - I actually read about the dog in PY4H in a review! How cute is that. . .

Jill - Yay! on the elliptical getting fixed. I'm not looking forward to the commute tonight either. I leave at 4 so at least it'll still be light out but we have Dojo tonight and I don't want to miss that since I can't make it on Friday.

Susan - Hope you walked your dog already today before the winter nastiness starts.

Day 32 of 12 Week Challenge

Did BBC Legs cardio (18 min.) last night. I have a love/hate relationship with these BBC cardios. They're tough but I feel so great when I'm done. This morning was Power Hour. Haven't done a full body endurance workout in awhile. Biceps are feeling "pumped". :)

Forgot to mention that I bought a pullup bar over the weekend. I was all excited to try it out until I discovered I couldn't do a single one! Going to order the Woody Bands now for assisted pullups. My DD12 did 3 1/2 last night (the little brat! LOL). Of course, she only weighs 87 pounds!

Sue

Hello everyone! Marie,glad to see you back! :)

I did my pilates yesterday and was surprised at how quickly it reminded me I had not been doing it! I really felt it in all those lttle muscles you don't use much? Also my abs! I always recommend Winsor Pilates. I have all of them I think. I have tried the Stott pilates ones but prefer Winsor. Today will be the elliptical for 50mn. I think it'll be the Heart Rate Intervals program.

I walked the dog early this morning! It was slippery even then! Now I have to go make a fire to warm the house a bit!

Have a great evening- Susan

Hi! Back again!

No school here today! DD11 was a bit upset cuz they had a field trip scheduled but hopefully they can re-schedule it!

I will be doing KPC followed by pilates Power Sculpt ABS.

Hope if you have to go out today you drive safe and stay warm!

Susan

Morning ladies. We don't have school here either. I think all of SE WI is closed down!!

I didn't go to the gym early since I would have had to take DS (older DS was asleep of course). I'll be going around noon to do my cardio. I thought about doing the elliptical here, but it's just too cold in the garage today, no matter how warm I get it's still going to be cold lol.

That's about it for me. Exercise and work. Lost is on tonight! It's not the premiere, but anything is better than nothing and I'll be watching even though I've already watched Season 3 three times lol.

JIll

I know what you mean about it being cold to workout. My elliptical is in the basement. Last night was a good,tough workout but I hardly broke a sweat cuz I was so cold! I used my heart rate monitor though so I know I was working! Now come summer time I'll be griping cause I'll be sweating buckets!

I have never watched Lost! Hope you enjoy it- Susan

I went to PT this morning and they told me to try different things to see what aggrevates it. I might try pilates since it isn't standing. And I am trying a spin class on Saturday. Hopefully I will find an elastic ankle support by then. They think it was a combo of walking differently from the PF and then all the walking at WDW. THis morning I woke with no ankle pain and just a tiny bit of tenderness in the bottom of my foot so I am feeling encouraged. I see the MD on the 8th and based on how things go with my experiments, I hope to get the OK to go back to belly dance.

It is cold but IMO not as bad as I expected from the way they were talking on the weather this morning.

I am on the fence about Cathe's series too. It sounds fantastic and the price will never be better. Not sure that I would be able to do this but it does intrigue me. I don't have P90X other than a few that I have traded for.

Susan, so far having my equipment in the garage hasn't worked too well. They were building a second condo building right outside my garage door all summer, so obviously I didn't use it much then. And now it's so cold. Oh well, I guess I'm happy to have it for when I CAN use it.

Marie, it sounds like the foot pain is lessening. That's great. You know, I don't understand cancelling school because it's cold. I don't remember ever have a cold day when I was a kid! I have heard that they do it so kids aren't outside waiting for the bus or whatever. Well, isn't that the parent's responsibility to make sure they are bundled up enough? Gee whiz, people are such babies these days! I still plan to go to the gym and post office like i normally would. I'm not on the fence about the new series; I won't be getting it. I have too many and can't imagine almost 40 more workouts.

Okay it just took me 20 minutes from start to finish. Guess I need to concentrate on work lol.
Jill

Morning BB's,

My workout this morning was Stretch X.

Yep it was a really cold morning at 5am. :D But when a doggie has to go out, a doggie has to go out. The walk at first wasn't too bad, until I turned a corner and started heading in a NW direction. Then the wind was full in my face, and it was actually hurting my eyes to keep them open. But of course my dog doesn't care that I'm freezing to death. :D :D

Jill, So glad that your elliptical is fixed, but dang on not being able to workout on the thing. I don't blame you one bit, not wanting to go into that garage to workout. You would have to wear a coat. :D

Sue, What type of pull-up bar did you get? I am trying to decide how fancy I want to get, or if DH can just set something up for me. I was looking at those door things, but then I would have to run upstairs to find the nearest door. x( Have to LOL about the DD and her doing 3-1/2 of those pull-ups. Just watch, she will be wanting to do more than you. :D I agree with you on the love/hate relationship with the BBC cardio. One of these days I feel that I will be able to get through Barry's cardio without stopping.

Susan, Thanks for the info on the Pilates, I have heard the same thing from others about the Winsor ones. My DD's where on the couches this morning watching a movie when I left for work. They also had a list of chores to do. If they get half the things on the list done, I will be a happy Mom! :D

Marie, Have fun with your exercise experiments. I have never done belly dancing, but I'm hoping that it works out for you to start enjoying that class again. ;-)

Have a great day!

Laurie

Hi, everyone! No school for my kids either but DS still has religion class because they had a special event planned (pre-Lenten hot dog party). I really, really didn't want to come to work today but it's turning into a productive day so that's good. Slept in so no workout yet.

Jill - You're going to be my "Lost" expert! :+ ;) I don't remember much at all so will have to watch tonight's recap. I can't imagine working out in my garage - the basement is cold enough. Brrrrr...

Laurie - I bought a $13 chinup bar from Target with brackets that screw into the door frame. DH came up with a great idea and actually mounted it in the hallway outside the bathroom downstairs. I was concerned about it being strong enough and making sure it was mounted onto a stud. One side is definitely in a stud and the other, well, it seems sturdy enough so far. We've all tried it and it's not budging so I'm guessing we're okay.

Susan - I know you've mentioned Winsor Pilates before. I need to try one of her advanced workouts because the one I have doesn't give me much of a workout at all.

Stay warm!

Sue

Hey Sue, my favorite advanced workout from her is " Maximum Burn". It's 50mn long and it's tough! I also like her Power Sculpting Advanced with the band.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.