BUFF BADGERS 1/12 - 1/16

susanz

Cathlete
Hi there! Hope you all had a good weekend! Mine was uneventful but nice. Yesterday I ended up doing Pilates Max. My DD12 came down and was watching me. She said "I don't know how you can be sweating. Doesn't look that hard". So I had her try a couple exercises. She learned her lesson real quick!;) DH went ice fishing Saturday instead of Sunday. So on his B-day he just wanted to watch football and golf all day! Yipee!!

Today is CTX Kickbox cardio, followed by Pilates Advanced.

Make it a great day! Susan

Hi girls,

Today I am doing 1 rep max, which I didn't do over the weekend. All sorts of people sick here this weekend. Did get my kettlebells in on Sat. but nothing yesterday. Only one home sick today.

Susan, glad you had a relaxing weekend. Are you going to do something relaxing for your birthday also. Funny about the pilates. They really are deceiving.

Hi everyone, enjoy your day.:)

Morning!

Today my workout has been Kimberly Spreen's Box'n Flow. After work will be weights of Back and Triceps.

Will probably not be around tomorrow, I'm heading up to Tomahawk tomorrow for a funeral for my Uncle. He had been suffering from cancer for a long time.

Susan, Sounds like a nice weekend, and had to LOL at your DD's reaction to your workout. Mine does the same thing to me. :rolleyes:

Karen, Well the good thing is that your family is on the mend. DD11 was telling me that a kid was sick on the bus on Friday, and of course I was hoping all weekend that she would avoid the sickness herself. Let us know how that 1RM goes for you. Did you print off the sheets SNM created?

Lala, Wanted to tell you that I love your avitar!

Laurie

Hi Laurie,

I printed out the sheet from SNM and it is great. So easy, otherwise I don't think I would have done it at all. I have a pretty good idea and I have come right on for almost every exercise I have tried. I will finish up on Wed. I am not doing any of the leg 1RM because it really depend on what I can hold in my hand, not what I can really do with my legs. Glad DD didn't get sick. Hope everyone stays well. Sorry about your uncle. Have a safe trip.

Hi, everyone!

Laurie - Sorry about your uncle and yes, have a safe trip.

Susan - My kids know better than to say something like that - unless it's a flexibility thing. DD loves showing off how flexible her 13 yo body is.

Karen - Good job doing those 1 RMs. I am soooo glad I don't have to worry about that.

I did Timesavers 3 & 4 over the weekend plus added on Rumble bag combos on Saturday and a Leslie mile on Sunday. Nothing yet today. Hope everyone has their long underwear out. Going to need it this week. My company just sent an email with who to call if your car doesn't start. Our maintenance dept. will be on call during various quitting times in case people need to get their battery jumped. I thought that was nice. They never did that before.

Good Morning!

Well. my right shoulder is shot! From all the shoveling I have been doing this winter, my shoulder is always sore lately! When I go to do certain pilates exercises, I can't cuz my shoulder is just too weak. This morning I had to shovel again and now it's throbbing. I have been taking Advil for it but until I can stop shoveling, I don't see it healing! :mad:

Today will hopefully be the elliptical for 45mn and pilates ABS (no shoulder poses!).

Keep warm ladies!!

Susan

Hi. This am was 4DS Bootcamp after yesterdays 4DS kickbox. This past weekend we picked up our exchange daughter in Mpls. Had a fun weekend going to Mall of America and the zoo.

Karen, the 1RMs are workouts in and of themselves!

Laurie, sorry about your uncle. Trust the trip will go well

Susan, take care of your shoulder...is it time to go to a doc and/or get some PT?

Sue, Sounds like you got some really good workouts done this week and weekend. Very nice of your company to help you get your cars started!

Do any of you watch 24? It is my favorite show and I am so psyched that Jack is back! And so far it promises to be a great season!

Keep warm!

Good Morning,

Yesterday I did knockouts from Amy Bento hi/lo knockout and Imax 3 blasts only then inbetween I did kettlebell swings. Got 200 in yesterday.

Today I am doing more 1RM. I am still sore from doing them on Mon.

Today is my DS birthday. He is now 11. He is having some friends over on Fri. night.

Sue, it is neat that your company will help people out with their cars.

lala, we watched 24 the first season but found it was not appropriate for our kids to watch also, thus we quit watching it. I is a great show. Enjoy. Glad you had a fun weekend at the Mall of America.

Susan, bummer about your shoulder. Why aren't you using the snowblower? Is there not enough snow to use it? Hope you feel better soon.

Laurie, hope your trip went well and you are back safely.

I watched Biggest Loser last night. I can say, so far this season there is not a person I don't like. I was sad to see the old man go home but he did really well and looks great. They were right that the heaviest teenager needs to be there right now.

Hope you all stay warm and have a wonderful day.

HI there!

Karen, you are a machine!! Look at you go girl! WOW! :eek: Happy Birthday to your DS! Hope he enjoys it!

I am not using the snowblower cause it's so big and heavy for me. It is just a pain! It's easier for me to shovel, until now that is! Also, I think all the lifting and moving I do of stock/inventory at the school is wearing it down as well. Last weekend I did not have to shovel and it started feeling better, now it's back to hurting!:( Even using the elliptical yesterday made it sore so I had to not use the handles for a while.

I love everyone on BL this season too! It was sad to see the old guy go but he looks awesome now! That teen really needs to be there. I was happy the Appleton girl lost 10 pounds! Awesome job! She's doing great! I thought it was pretty funny when Bob lost his temper. He looks thinner to me this season. I think he's working too hard!

Haven't decided what I'll do today. DH has a retirement party after work so I have to run our DS to basketball practice. I have to help him study for a test before we go... I am sure I'll squeeze something in!

Stay warm and have a good day! Susan

Morning!

I was really tired this morning, it amazes me how just sitting in a car can make you so tired. We got back to the Milwaukee area at about 8:30pm and I was home by 9 in bed by 10. :( Thanks for all you well wishes and safe trip vibes. Overall the roads where pretty good, most of Hwy 51 had one lane that was icy.

My cousin is in the Air Force and stationed in Belgium. He got back on Saturday (his dad passed away on Friday night), and then on Sunday his new son was born. Of course this new little boy has a middle name that was his grandfathers. It was very nice to see my aunts, uncles and some of my cousins. They all seem to be doing fairly well. They are all just getting to be in that age group where I will be attending more of these type of events in the future. I'm looking forward to celebrating the 50th wedding anniversary's though. :D

Sue, Hope your week is going well for you. See you have the Rumble DVD, how do you like that one?

Susan, Sorry to hear about your shoulder. Guess this weather doesn't want to cooperate with your condition though. :( Sounds like you are taking the correct action with avoiding working your shoulder.

Lala, Nope we have not gotten into 24. They had to wait for Keifer to get out of rehab to film those episodes didn't they? Where is your exchange daughter from?

Karen, I didn't get a chance to watch BL last night, so sorry to hear that the older guy had to leave. Of course BL is now competing with AI, so I'm guessing that I will be watching some tv up in my room. Give you DS extra special birthday wishes. Are the friends staying overnight on Friday?

Laurie

good evening! This a. m. was 4DS LIC/shoulders etc. Then jogged a bit with the dog this aft. and shoveled...snow left over from Monday. No school tomorrow :D:D Too cold! so, I imagine I will spend some extra time with Cathe!

Laurie, glad that the trip went well. Your cousin had an emotional time, I imagine, but the addition of a baby is always so welcome. My exchange DD is from Argentina, it is summer there and where she lives it rarely snows, so this is a shock!

susan, take care of that shoulder.DD is recovering from her surgery and had her first PT appt.

Karen, have fun Fri with the party! What do you plan on doing?

Sue, did you have to take advantage of your company´s "We´ll start your car" plan?;)

Hi there! No School! Yea!! I was so hoping for this. It's just too darn cold out! So I will be stoking up the fire and staying put. I probably would have not gone to work anyway as my DD12 came home sick yesterday and during the night she had me up with her sore throat. We'll see how she is doing this morning after she sleeps in.

I did not sleep well due to my shoulder keeping me up. I had taken 2 Advil before bed but it did nothing! :( Looks like I need to get to the Dr at some point. However, she does not work on Thursdays so it won't be today! I will be doing the elliptical for 45mn, Pilates Buns & Thighs and Pilates 20mn Max.

Take care, stay warm and safe!

Susan

Hi BB's,

Today I will do some sort of cardio, although it is always harder to fit it in when the kids are home. No school here either.

Susan, hope DD feels better after a good night sleep. Boy, your shoulder seems really messed up. Hope when you get it to the Dr. they just say you need rest.

lala, you must be doing Cathe's rotation for Jan. Do you do anything special with the foreign exchange student while she is here? The boys will go snowmobiling, have pizza, cake and icecream, watch some movies and play football or sled depending on the weather.

Laurie, glad you made it home safely. I guess we are all getting to the age where we will be attending more of those kind of things. Glad everyone was doing well.

Sue, hope you are doing well and the weight is falling off.

Have a great day and stay warm. Have to go out and get some stuff for the party tomorrow night. :D

Morning!

So far today I have done BBC's Fat Blaster Lower Body, and am heading to the gym for Chest, Bicep and Ab work. Although it is very tempting to stay in the house when it is this cold out. :D School is also closed for our girls, so they are home. We had a meeting already this morning about restructuring for our department. Everyone will know by the end of this week if they still have a job. My boss told me mine was secure. :D They are going after the people that are at retirement age right now.

Lala, Oh that really has to be a shock to the system. Good thing you don't have school today, so she didn't have to deal with that too. :eek: I'm going to say poor girl, because she must be in about 10 sweaters already! :D

Susan, Good to have a rest day, and sorry to hear that your shoulder is hurting you so. :( You and your DD need to take a nap today! :)

Karen, Sorry to hear that you have to venture out in the cold, but the party must go on. :D Will it be warmer up in your area by the time the party starts? I know it is suppose to get warmer down here by tomorrow afternoon.

Laurie

Hi, all! Wish I could have stayed home today with the kids but no luck. I had my annual thyroid check. My TSH is .214 (normal range .465 - 4.68) so the weight should be falling off me! No heart palpitations or other symptoms to indicate my dose should be adjusted. I spoke to a co-worker and I may switch to her doctor if she's accepting new patients. I don't feel like my doc listens. I told him about my fatigue and constipation and he said it wasn't related to thyroid. Huh? He asked me if I had any other questions and I got the feeling he wasn't going to help. He had 1 foot out the door already. My co-worker says her Dr. spent 45 min. at her last physical going over her entire medical history. I feel like if I don't say the right trigger words in his mind, my problems are easily dismissed. He asked 2 followup questions: How are you sleeping and are you depressed? I'm wondering if I need more tests to make sure my adrenals aren't messed up.

Sorry to vent but this is still fresh on my mind. Lunch is over - gotta get back to work.

Real quick workout udpate:
Did Imax3 1-5 premix plus blasts 6-10 last night. Power Hour this morning.

Everyone stay warm!

Hello! Well, my kids are happy that school is closed once again. Must admitt I am happy too! :p DD was sick yesterday and last night said her sore throat is getting worse. She is still sleeping right now so we'll see how she is when she wakes up. Might have to take her in. Strep throat is going around!

Sue, I am sorry your Dr. isn't listening. I feel my Dr. is a Godsend to me. She listens so well. She choses to treat the symptoms of my Hypo rather than go by the numbers. When I went to her a couple weeks ago she uped it just a little and if I am not feeling better within the month she'll up them more and then re-test in 3 months. I hope you find a Dr. that will listen and understands thyroid problems better!

My shoulder feels a bit better today! I slept well last night too. Today is Pilates Accelerated for 60mn. I have been doing this pilates everyday for 3 weeks, well, my one pair of athletic pants that used to be a little snug in the tush, were loose yesterday! :eek: Yeah!

As for the weight loss, I have lost and gained back the same pound all week so this morning it was back and I am at the same weight I was last Friday. Oh, well!

My weekend looks quiet, just errands to run tomorrow and hope to have all the chores done today!

Take care and stay warm- Susan

Morning!

Today my workout will be at the gym with legs and shoulders plus some type of cardio. This morning I did BBC Fat Blaster Upper Emphasis.

Sue, Sounds like you need to get a new doc, because you are not getting your needs met with this current doc. I'm going to say a prayer that this other doc is accepting new patients.

Susan, Sending healing vibes to your DD. Thank you for reminding me of our weight loss, but I'm in the same boat you are. No gain/no loss. Let us be happy about that OK. :D Enjoy your day off!

Hope everyone is staying warm today, my DD's are off of school again today. I give them only yesterday to be slackers, so I'm going to call them right now and give them a list of chores to do. :eek:

Laurie

Susan - Looser in the tush sounds promising even if the scale hasn't gone down. Glad your shoulder is feeling better. Hopefully the snow will stay away so you won't have to shovel again for awhile.

Laurie - DH was mad at the kids last night because they called for their computer passwords and said they had everything done on the list he left only to come home and find out they hadn't done half of it. Today he plans on ignoring their phone calls - and I don't know the password so I can't help.

Weighed myself this morning and FINALLYI lost a pound! :D

That makes me down 1 from last week and down 5 since 1/1.

No workout yet today. I tried to get up but kept hitting the snooze. Will do cardio tonight.

Have a great weekend everyone. :cool:

Good Morning,

Yesterda, no workout. Today I did Kettlebell Way Empire State and 4DS legs.

Laurie, you sure are getting some good workouts in. You do like 4 things every day. Good you are giving the girls some things to do on their day off. The high today is suppose to get to 5. I guess that's good enough for snowmobiling.

Susan, how is DD today? What dvd is the accelerated, I mean who is it by? Enjoy your quiet weekend.

Sue, sorry you don't have a good doctor. They are really hard to find. Hope the one you are looking into can take you on. Also, nice workout. You go girl.

All ready for 5 10-11 year olds to come over for a sleep over. Yikes! What have I done. Just kidding. Should be a fun time.

Tomorrow I will do some type of cardio probably spin to CC. DD6 has a birthday party from 1-3. DD16 has to work at 4 and needs to be at a friends house to work on a project by 11am. Some of the boys sleeping over need to be at a tournament by 9am. and one has to be taken 20 min. home. The rest of my family is going ice fishing, leaving here at 9am. I am hoping to squeeze it in sometime.

Have a great weekend. No weight lost by me either.:(

Today I did Hardcore extreme intervals. Yes, Karen, I am doing Cathe´s Jan rotation, with a few revisions.
Our kids weren´t scheduled for school today, it was teachers´inservice...which we still had :(.
congrats to all of you on your weight loss/maintainance. My dad always said, any weight not gained is weight you don´t have to take off;)

Karen, have fun with your party. You are always so busy!
Laurie, you went out in the cold? This is when I´m especially thankful for Cathe DVDs!

Sue, hope you can find a doctor who will listen. That is frustrating. Somehow a kid´s definition of "getting everything done" is certainly not ours;)

Have a great weekend, and mayber we can all get outside for a bit!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.