A Brief explanation of each check in thread?

ShyWolf

Cathlete
Howdy All!

I have been looking at some of the other threads in here and some of the check ins sound nice but is there a brief explanation of each check in?

Sometimes I would like to post in others but I'm not exactly sure what the focus and or goals for some of the check ins actually are.

It would be nice just for some info, some check in threads are self explanatory but others well just leave me wondering. :)

[font color=red]ETA:[/font]
I check in over on the daily check in thread and have been for well over a year way before Cathe and staff added the new challenges and check in section

Daily Check In is just that we check in on a daily basis and talk about what our planned workout is for the day and also share personals :)Any of the ladies from that thread what to share what else we do there please feel free :)

No Problem!

cLEAN & tidy -
cLEAN eating keeps us lean, or at least we try to keep lean!
We encourage each other to keep our meals clean. If not super-clean we go for tidy. We talk about our workouts. Its been just a few of us so we've gotten pretty close but if you want to join you're more than welcome. Warning: We can get pretty crass about our sexmax workouts!!}( :7

>No Problem!
>
>cLEAN & tidy -
>cLEAN eating keeps us lean, or at least we try to keep lean!
>We encourage each other to keep our meals clean. If not
>super-clean we go for tidy. We talk about our workouts.

Ahhh yes! I remember when that one started. Thanks for answering for that check in thread.

There are some check in threads with acronyms that confuzzle me lol

Here's hoping some pipe in here and give a explanation for their particular thread ;)

Hint - Hint

the Lets Go check in is just 3 of us, we usually do the same rotation; but not always:) Anyone is always welcome to join....
Deanie

The Challengers

Started off with everyone doing a twelve week challenge. Now its basically what you want to do, we started a six week challenge but I think we've lost track with that one. Now we've introduced mini challenge each week. We nominate a challenge for ourselves. Very friendly, supportive and anyone is welcome to join in. No requirement to check in everyday if you don't want to.

Andrea.

Deanie and Andrea - Thanks for explaining The Lets Go and Challengers check in

I'm also hoping to get an idea of the other groups within this section as I'm sure there must be others like myself who want to know what the other check ins are.

I for one would like to know what the CABs in the Cabs and abs means also the PYGFO stands for.

I think the Hardcore Maniacs is pretty self explanatory. We like to workout hard and heavy and we hate to miss a workout for anything.

Also, I think No Sweets is pretty simple too. Sounds a lot like the Clean & Tidy check in. We strive for no sweets, but don't do so well all the time. At least we try.

Linda

Melters started out hoping to lose 10 or so pounds by Christmas. Some of us reached that goal and beyond. Some of us needed to sign on for remedial melting. Now-a-days we are posting our workouts, our gains or losses and our shopping scores!

PYGFO Check-in

PYGFO is the acronym for Put Your Game Face On! :7 This is the 2007 Cathe Road Trip check-in. Put Your Game Face On! was our official theme for the weekend that was printed on our 2007 Cathe Road Trip tee shirts.

I am wearing my PYGFO tee shirt as I write and on my way out the door to my friend’s cardio boot camp class so I can start putting my game face on for the July 2008 Road Trip! :7

We need to start a new check-in for the July 2008 Road Trip! :)

Robin, get your butt back to the PYGFO check-in. I miss you! :*

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

RE: PYGFO Check-in

Thanks for starting this thread! I have wondered what many of the check ins are as well. I post over on the Challengers thread. I think Andrea explained it pretty well. :)

>Thanks for starting this thread! I have wondered what many
>of the check ins are as well. I post over on the Challengers
>thread. I think Andrea explained it pretty well. :)

Becca -

I knew I was not the only one who has wondered from time to time what the other check ins entailed.

I'm just glad I now know what PYGFO means and CABs lol

Thanks to the other delightful folks who have piped in and represented the check ins they post in its been much appreciated. ;)

HI-

[font color=gold]The Cheetahs[/font] are a group of people who like to run or jog or run/walk. There is a huge vareity in the types and distances we cover, but we welcome everyone and support everyone. Most everyone also does Cathe or other types weight work.

[font color= purple]NROL4W[/font] = New Rules of Lifting For Women is a weight training plan based on a book by the same name. I recently attempted a check in, however as of right now only Lorie (Lederr) and myself have shown interest. We may let it die and check in else where. The program takes 6 months and is designed to build lean muscle and raise resting metabolism (therefore burn more fat at rest) I do encourage everyone to take a look at the book just to see what else can be done with weights.The exercises are compound and hit several muscle groups at once. I am doing it instead of the STS series because frankly my only investment was a $20 book. Many of the exercises can be done at home, others work better with a pully system like a universal or Cybex machine. Since we have a cybex machine at home, it was an easy decision for me to give this a try. (sorry if this was TMI)

[font color=lime green][font size +3]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

http://img109.mytextgraphics.com/myrainbowtext/2008/01/24/c07d67f3a8d2bfed065f377ce1494b6c.gif

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.