BFL Wintery Thursday

banslug

Cathlete
Good morning ladies! Rise and shine!

Winter storm is bearing down on us right now. Schools are closed, and my workout is all done. MMMMMMMMMMMM...what's a mama to do? lol I'm sitting here with my wet hair wrapped in a towel, listening for little feet above me. Looks like I'll be doing laundry, shoveling snow/ice, and playing LOTS of board games today!

This morning's workout ROCKED MY TUSH! lol I'm quite sore from GS Legs (standing) and B&G (floor) yesterday. I went really heavy with the barbell, and I'm feeling it today. This morning's cardio was my newest love...iTread 25, 40 minutes, Top 40. LOVE THIS workout. I laid it all on the line during the highest hill...8% grade at a run. By the time the elevation came back down, I was huffin' and puffin'. LOVE IT ALL! Then I followed it with Core Max 3.

Ladies...I officially have just 8 workouts left to complete this 12 week challenge. I haven't missed a single workout in the 11 weeks so far. I do not plan on missing any of these last 8. In fact, I've been getting up earlier than normal. I've been out of bed by 5am all week, allowing me time to leisurely feed cat, get my workout in followed by a nice stretch, and shower to start the day. I AM GOING TO ROCK THESE LAST 8 WORKOUTS!

Jennifer-so yesterday was your free day, right? Make a plan for this weekend to get past Sunday and start next week strong and full speed ahead. How's the weather for YOU today???

OK...Jacob's up now...time to start the wintery day!

Gayle

Good Morning, Ladies!! :) Brrrrrrr...it's cold out! I'd rather still be bundled up in my blankets .. :) Calling for rain/sleet/snow today...it's only raining right now!

Boy, was I sick last night. I woke up in the middle of the night w/ such a tummy ache :) I popped 2-pepto pills and went back to sleep! You think I ate too much...LOL :)
Hey, you guys tried to warn me! I don't even want to look at junk this morning...lol :)

Gayle~ Sounds like the snow is hitting you hard already. How much are you expecting to get in your area? They say around here up to 4 inches.
Great workout!! I hope I can be as strong as you for the remaining of my challenge. I got sucked in some how yesterday, and it did not feel good! Oh, well...better not dwell on it and get back in the game :) What should I do today, GS Chest/Tri's or- PUB? Enjoy your day off w/ your kids! I did see alot of schools were closing this morning. Not mine, I dropped DD off on my way to work, DS is home sick! How far exactly are you from Exton?

Does anyone keep a blog on their daily routine, and/or meals? I'm wondering if I start doing this it might help me a little further!

"Today is a Gift, Have Fun"

~Jennifer~

www.picturetrail.com/fitness-momx2

Good Morning Gayle,Jennifer and all who follow,

Way to go Gayle! I have been sleeping in until 6:30 the last two days. I gave up trying to get my DD up for her trains. She just decides to go in later and I waste my time. She now has to come get me if she needs a ride.

Jennifer: I hope you feel better later on. You should feel great after a really good workout.;-) I would go for the GS workout instead of PUB this time around. After that hard leg workout you have to make things even with the upper right!? :)

Still walking funny myself from tues. GS legs.:eek: I am wondering if I can even handle an iTread today....
We are due to get blasted with snow by around 3pm today. 1-2" per hour they are predicting.:D Guess who's going running in it! I am sure my daughter will join me on this one.

Have fun Gayle with the boys! Snowball fights run-a-muck around here.
:7 My DS only has half a day today so this is a good thing.

Be Back in a Bit. Time to get my DS moving along.

Hi Heidi~

Funny, it seems like all our legs are still hurting from GS Legs! Here's one, let's pull out Meaner Legs later on this week, we will continue to walk funny the remainder of the weekend }(
How fun, I love the snow. I bet it's great to run in it. Have a great time!!

~Jennifer~

Hi Jennifer! :D

You do mean Leaner Legs from CTX?....made me smile. Have a great workout today! }(

BBL Heidi

Good morning ladies!

No snow down here in the south! (Even though I wish there was!)

I think I would do better if I journaled my food as well.

I know we are split on the powerbars -- however, I've been reading so much on these threads about Larabars, so thought I'd give them a try. They look like more fat, more sugar, and less protein than my normal bars -- however they are all natural. So which is really better???? ugh!

Next, I stayed up waaaaay too late last night trying to make those egg quiches. What did I do wrong? I had a problem with the spinach as I only a 16 oz bag so I tried to guess on what 10 oz was. After mixing it was so thick I could hardly see any eggs. After cooking they came out looking like spinach clumps, not quiches and didn't taste very good. How do yours look when you fill your cups? Okay, I'll try again this weekend.

I'm taking a rest day today. Gosh, I just don't know what to do with myself??!! :) Oh wait, yes I do ---- watch SURVIVOR tonight!!!

Later,
Michelle

Jennifer-I just mapquest’ed Exton and I’m about 80 miles. About 90 minute drive. WHY???? Any fun thoughts? As for this storm, we’re forecasted for the worst part of it…about 6-8 inches of ice/sleet/snow. The second storm riding on it sback is going to hit us Saturday night and all day Sunday…they haven’t given us any amounts yet…they’re worried about THIS storm first! LOL For your workout, if given the choice, I vote PUB. I just LOVE the Pyramids!

I’m IN for Meaner Legs later this week! It will be perfect, because this is one of the BFL weeks that is upper body twice/lower body once….I like adding in a second LB workout. Let me know what day! Saturday, maybe???

Heidi-I think the iTread 25 kicks my booty so much this AM because of the DOMS all thru my legs and glutes! LOVE IT though!

Michelle-did you use a FROZEN box of spinach or a FRESH bag? The original recipe calls for frozen. I just made these this morning. This time, I added 2 extra egg whites and broccoli instead of spinach.

SURVIVOR!!!!!!!!!!! My mom keeps telling me I should try out for the show! lol Imagine that! HA!!!!!!!!!

The boys are waiting for our dirt pile in the back yard to be covered so they can go out and play King of the Mountain. (my dad owns the property behind my house, and he also owns a construction company. He keeps a topsoil dirt pile in the yard back there, and it's like the BEST pleything in the ENTIRE neighborhood. Kids just FLOCK toward it! LOL)

Later!

Gayle

Hi,

Back again to check-in.

Just finished iTread-N-Tush (Tmi's 3), Core Max 1&Stretch Max 1 }(
Really needed that stretch!

No snow yet.... :( Just darn cold.

Gayle: I will have to check out that iTread next month!

Michelle: Enjoy your rest day!:)

BBL...time for a shower and get on with the days chores.

Gayle~ Sounds like you are going to get hit hard!! I know, isn't it suprising how kids have so much energy, and they come up w/ the darnest things. My kids even though they are older, sometimes like to build forts when we get a lot of snow.
Your not to far from me. I was just curious. Maybe one of these days we can get together. It would be fun!

~Jennifer~

Okay -- I've GOT to order some I-treads. And now I want to pull out Core Max 3 -- haven't done it in awhile, but I really like that workout.

Yes, I used frozen spinach - don't know what happened. Next time I'm adding more egg substitute.

Wow, only 8 more workouts! Good for you!

Okay ladies, you are making me sad. Since you have snow, I KNOW none of you live close to me. :(

Michelle

Heidi and Jennifer - so both of you have daughters? (I know Gayle has two boys.) I have one of each. My daughter is 8 -- going on 21. She's a handful already -- last night told her father not to embarrass her when she brings home a boyfriend. What??

Michelle

Good morning. I only hit snooze twice and managed to get my cardio in this morning!! WOOHOO!! I did get a good LBWO in last night, BFL-style, but light on weights just to make sure the back is ok. Back did well…but ow ow ow hard to walk this morning. Hard to believe just a few weeks off and I get the sore again!!!

Oh, Leaner Legs! Eek, haven’t done that one in ages. It’s actually the one Cathe tape that hurts my bad knee tho so I have an excuse…god forbid I modify. Maybe I’ll do that one this weekend tho and just do it smartly.

My ho-hum life is full of drama lately. A few other ladies and I are doing a mini-intervention with a mutual friend, the one who I helped have the puppies a few weeks ago. And it looks like the puppies and momma may be coming to my house for awhile. Sadly, her house is a health hazard and we’ve given her 2.5 weeks to get it cleaned and offered to pay for the cleaning service. The cleanings service won’t even come INSIDE yet. She’s done nothing. And obviously her mental state is in need of some help. Saturday, we are going over with masks and gloves to help her try to get cleaned for the cleaners and probably taking the puppies away from her. I feel awful for her but don’t know what else to do to help her.

Gayle: You are on FIRE! That is great!!! Just 8 workouts left!!!

Jennifer: I used to blog on a couple of different sites and it really helped me stay on track. I posted my daily meals and workouts, etc. Even joining this daily check-in has gotten me a lot further than I’ve been lately. Hope you are feeling better.

Heidi: 1-2” of snow??? Yuk. I was whining because it was “only” 40 degrees this morning!

Michelle: I actually eat a bar for breakfast every morning. It’s probably not the best choice and not the worst choice either. It’s a tough call. I find I still make progress so I go ahead and eat them.

Colleen -- good, because the Larabar I had this morning was pretty yummy. :) Sorry your life is filled with drama right now -- as you can tell by all my posts - I'm pretty ho-hum right now. Which is fine by me!! :)

Michelle

Hello!! :)

Ok, is it me...? Everything I have been eating this past week, has been making me gag .. :( Seriously, do I need to change it up a bit. I really didn't think I would get through my CC/Yogurt this morning...and the thought of my turkey, rice, & veggies for lunch is not to appetizing.

I'm torn apart between GS or PUB tonight, I know hard decision, huh? LOL. What I am thinking of doing is this; When it is LB 2x a week (like this week) I will use my Pyramids, this way I get in a good UBWO...next week it's UBWO 2x, so I will use the GS...Does this sound okay? I make everything so difficult, don't I :)

Nothing so far here. Just rain. I do see ice forming on the trees, but no snow...I guess it's waiting to hit us hard over the weekend!
Gayle, is it still snowing their?

~Jennifer~

Jennifer -

You do need to try the EFL recipes. Like I said, you'll feel like you are cheating. Spag and meatball, chicken enchilladas, steak sandwiches, etc., then some protein fudgey pudding for dessert!! Seriously, I cook this stuff for my DH and he thinks it is full fat stuff!!

Michelle

I did try a few recipes before. Myy problem is I never know exactly what a portion size is for me...Is it still the palm of hand theory?
Maybe I need to get a good food scale. Pasta dishes are my favorite, but how in the world do I know how much 8 oz of pasta is?

~Jennifer~

Hi Colleen and Michelle,

It is now snowing pretty hard here! :) Started about 12:30 and we already have an inch!

My DS and DD are headed out for a walk run around the block (loop)...3.5miles that is. Me Too! BBL

Hi Ladies~

I slipped up again, please punish me :(
There is TONS, upon TONS of Chocolate in our other office. I was over for a credit meeting, and sneaked 3 pieces :eek: Not good, but Oh so good at the same time! What is wrong with me this week??
It has to be TOM, go-go away, please!!! :(:(x(

~Jennifer~

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.