BFL.....weekend edition!!!!!!!!

banslug

Cathlete
Guess what, teammates! GUESS!

LAST WORKOUT IS DONE! DONE, I say! I did iTread 25 (I exceeded some of the runners' numbers and it kicked my butt, lol), 40minutes and CoreMax 1 this morning, to finish up my FINAL WORKOUT of this challenge! All I need is to keep today's food clean, get to sleep tonight and (God willing) wake up tomorrow morning for FINAL PICTURES AND MEASUREMENTS.....and THIS CHALLENGE IS A WRAP!!!!!!!!! WOOHOO!

I will post all my final numbers, pics and thoughts tomorrow, as is my usual Sunday habit! THANKS to so many of you for all your input and support during my first challenge...I'm gonna need it again for my SECOND ONE!

What are your plans today? Me...we have younger DS's rehearsal this morning at the church for his Christmas Eve pageant (he's a shepherd, lol). And that's it. I'll be hitting the grocery store for a few Free Day noshes, lol and then I think this afternoon and evening we'll be with BF and his kids.

What is on your menu for Christmas lunch/dinner. We eat at 1pm for our main meal, then leftovers at dinner time. I'm hungry for a pot roast, so I'm making a turkey AND a pot roast (the recipe from the EFL cookbook), baked potatoes (for me and mom), mashed pots, veggies (steamed carrots for me and mom), and the desserts (kiffles, chocolate pie at BF's request, and pumpkin pie at DS' request). I'm planning on keeping it clean.

Have an AWESOME DAY...and...KEEP ON TRUCKIN'!

I'll BBL during the day sometime!

Gayle

Hi Gayle and everyone,

Just checking in with you this morning.

I got home late last night from shopping. It went terrible! My DH's leg was really hurting and couldn't move to far because he had to keep sitting down. I told him it was too early to try this! Men don't listen!
Anyway...BD was a bust. DH wanted to take me out to dinner...I just wasn't hungry so we ended up at AppleBee's and I just had French Onion Soup..No Cheese Please! My daughter was with us and she got steak, mashed potatoes and veggies. My husband already ate while sitting at Target to rest his leg so he just had coffee.

My DH wanted to buy me a bracelet...I don't wear jewelry for the most part and didn't want to waste the money. I did tell him that I would prefer an exercise bike. :) We'll see.....

Today's workout:

Finish S&H Back and abs. Put in another iTread. (That's what I hope to do) Didn't get this in last night because it was too late.

Yaaaaa! Gayle! You did it! Have a great day and enjoy your Free Day tomorrow.

BBL..Heidi

Hi Ladies -

Just popping in real quick ---

Sorry about your b-day Heidi. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you for an exercise bike! :)

Way to go Gayle!! We are all so happy for you!!

Thanks for answering all my questions gals! You're right, you need to do what works for you and keep it consistent.

Have a great day -- I'll swing by later!
Michelle

Hello! Haven't had the time to check in or energy. Amazingly, I managed to throw my back out again. If it doesn't get better soon, I'll have to make myself see the doctor. I took yesterday off and will be taking today off. I almost took Thursday off but got upsetting news that my vet found a new tumor on our dog and needed a mental release. It was either a workout or too many Apple Smirnoffs :) But I"m thinking the workout was a bad idea.

I'm having a cup of coffee and procrastinating all my chores today!

Gayle: Congrats!

Heidi: Happy late BDay!

Michelle: Hi there!!

Colleen

Hi Ladies~

GO GAYLE!!!! WOOHOO :):) ENJOY YOUR FREE DAY TOMORROW! You starting right back on C2 Monday morning?

Colleen~ I'm sorry to hear you pulled your back out again. I would get to the doctors. I am so sorry to hear about your dog :(

Heidi~ Men don't listen do they!! LOL Sorry, to hear your b-day didn't go as planned. Hope you get your exercise bike :)

Forced myself to finish BBC Chest/Abs! I tried to finish the cardio, but hit Stop..no energy!! Off to go to the mall, my DD wants a digital camera for Xmas.

BBL~ :) Enjoy your weekend!!

"Today is a Gift, Have Fun"

~Jennifer~

www.picturetrail.com/fitness-momx2

Hi Colleen and Michelle,

Colleen: You just can't seem to get a break! Sorry to hear about your dog. Is there somehow they can remove this without causing too many other problems?
Have you been to the chiro for your back? Take it easy. Here's hoping to a speedy recovery for you both.

Thank you for the BD wish!

Thank you Michelle! I hope to check these out and get one I can program. ;-)

Have a good rest/workout day. Heidi

Hi Jennifer! We were posting at the same time.:) At least you got in a weight workout....right? Maybe you can do the cardio later tonight.
Have a good day! BBL

Hey guys!

Colleen-I was thinking about you this morning. Heidi's right....you just can't get a break right now, can you! GEESH! Take care of yourself so you don't make it worse. I vote on seeing a Doc!

Wendy-I'm still thinking that this coming week, starting Monday, is going to be low-key. Whatever workout hits me in the morning is the one I'm going to do. Then the following Monday (New Year's Eve), I think, will be the official start of Challenge #2 for me!

OK...believe it or not, I'm ALONE in the house! HA! Older DS is at a friend's house down the street till 3pm, and then he's going to the batting cages with other friends. Younger DS just went to Chuck E Cheese's with his friend till at least 4pm. I wrapped up the ONE LAST present I had to do, and THAT'S ALL I'M DOING! I'm going to sit right down on this butt of mine and READ, BABY! LOL

Gayle

Good Morning Everyone!

Just checking in with PLB this morning. Going to feel this one tomorrow! I haven't done lower body in almost a week now.:-(
It felt good to actually get in a weight workout today.

Dressed and rearing to go! Waiting for DD to wake up so we can head out to do last minute shopping.

Eating Clean Today!
Pineapple protein shake this morning after workout. :9

What are your plans for today?

BBL Heidi

Good morning, Heidi! Great workout! I still have DOMS from Friday's PLB session! lol LOVE DOMS, don't ya?

What's on your shopping list at this point? Do you have a lot to buy yet? Although I'm all finished and everything's wrapped, I've got some money burning a hole in my pocket. I actually LIKE going out in this hustle and bustle to see if I can find any deals!

My plan today. Well, Jacob (older DS) got sick last night. As in throwing up. This is the first time any of the 3 of us has been sick in a LONG time...I'm talking like over a year! Poor kid. He's been in bed since 5pm last night. I didn't sleep well, as a result of that.

PLUS...today ends my official FIRST BFL challenge. My mind was racing all night long....add that to DS being sick, I was up at 2am and then at 3am I couldn't fall back asleep. I eventually did around 5am, but then I was up at 7am again for the day.

I took all my final measurements and pics. Here are my final results/numbers:

Weight: lost 23.4 pounds
Body Fat: lost 8.5%
Chest: lost 4"
Waist: lost 5.75"
Hips: lost 5"
Thighs: lost 1.25"
Calves: lost 1.25"
Biceps: lost 1.25"
Jeans size: from a TIGHT 6 to a VERY COMFY size 4

LOVE IT! My side by side comparison pics make me a HAPPY CAMPER, for sure!

ANYWAY...I got sidetracked. My plans for today. We WERE going to go to the movies, but I think that's out now. It looks like we may be house-bound. That's okay.....I hit the library yesterday and got a few books (Michelle, I just started Wild Fire by DeMille this morning...I'll keep you posted.)

BBL

Gayle

Great results Gayle!

Do you ladies mind if I join you? I didn't realize that there was a check-in for BFL here on Cathe until I was perusing the open discussion forum. I'm just finishing week 3 (today is a rest day) and I'm pleased with the results so far. The scale isn't showing much movement, but the clothes are fitting looser. I've been using the Gym Style series for weight work, so I'm not quite following the exercises to the book. Eating clean is the hardest. I do so much better during the week when I take my food to work and don't have the other temptations around. I keep my exercise schedule on the frig along side the kids' chore charts - that's helping to keep my exercise schedule honest. I hope posting here with all of you will help with the eating part.

Other info about me: I'm married, 2 kids - DS is 11, DD is 9. My 5 a.m. alarm clock is a 5 month old golden puppy, who can now entertain herself better so I can get my workouts done in the morning, or they don't tend to happen at all.

Hey, Sherry, welcome aboard! Great job so far! Is this your first BFL go-round???

Today is a Free/Rest Day for me as well, and I'm enjoying it (although my older DS is upstairs sick as a pup, poor thing). This coming week is going to be a step-back week for my workouts. I'm taking a week-long break from the heavy weight work and am going to plug in whatever workout hits me in the EARLY morning hours (I get out of bed by 5 as well). Then, Challenge 2 starts New Year's Eve Day.

Nice to meet you. We're usually quiet on the weekend, so you'll most likely meet everybody else tomorrow!

Gayle

Hi Gayle,

I am still waiting for my DD to get ready! I should have just went myself this morning...I would be back by now.

I just have a couple gifts to pick up for my youngest son. He couldn't give me any idea's so now it is last minute...AGAIN.

My DD has to pick out her gifts because I can't pick out her clothes.

So Sorry to hear about your DS!:-( I hope he feels well soon.

Welcome Sherry! Nice to have you with us. We have a few people here just finishing up this challenge (Gayle and I) and some that are like you (mid challenge).
Like Gayle said...most of us are on free day. We will be here tomorrow as usual.

Well....time to go! BBL Heidi

Hi Ladies~

Gayle~ CONGRATS!! Your final pictures look AWESOME!! I am so proud of you..you are such a inspiration!!

Seriously, I don't know what happened to me :( I did so well up to W6 and ever since then failed :( I feel so depressed, I guess b/c of the holidays! I need to stop feeling sorry for myself and get back on the horse!! :)

I popped in Low Max this afternoon, and only got past routine 1 and stopped, I even went back up and started the DVD again, but couldn't get back into it. What is wrong w/ me?
I'm not gaining any weight, but I know I am not having good progress eating the way I have been. And it's not like I have been eating alot, but when I do it's not on the healthy side, it could be better!
Tomorrow is a new day, and new start! :)

I know I shouldn't start the entire challenge over, this is where I made my mistakes before....but I am re-starting W6 again!

Heidi~ I know how you feel. I took DD to the mall today and she picked out some of her Xmas gifts. I just bought my son some, "Curve for Men." and gift cards...kids are so picky when they get older...

I am making EFL Turkey Meatloaf for dinner....this will carry over to tomorrow for lunch! :9

Welcome Sherry! :)

BBL~ Hope you all are enjoying your weekend :):)

"Today is a Gift, Have Fun"

~Jennifer~

www.picturetrail.com/fitness-momx2

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.