BFL Weekend 8/9-8/10

HPLECTRA

Cathlete
Hey and Good Morning to you all!

I am up..since 6am but have been just sitting and trying to wake up. I am on my second cup of coffee now.

I have house guests...waiting for them to wake so that I can get on with my day.

I am not sure what I am doing today but I know one thing will be MM!!!

What are your plans for today?

Oh....that BFL turkey dinner went over pretty well last night with the troops.

Make it a good one!
BBL Heidi

Hey Heidi! Did you get the phone yesterday? Okay, your turkey dinner, was it Turkey Goulash on page 105? It looks yummy! I am going to have to make it. DH probably wont eat it so I will have lots of leftovers. Do you think it will freeze well? ETA: Oh, maybe it was Turkey Dinner, duh!, :rolleyes: on page 141...looks yummy too! Will have to try this one also!

I am getting ready to do MM myself!

Kathy, where are you? Are you running...hmmmmmm. If so, good luck! I sent you a PM.

bbl after the workout!

Last edited:
Good morning girls,

Thanks girls for the get well wishes!

I went to the military docotor yesterday and he said I ruptured my ears! He thinks since I already ruptured it a few days ago, it would be OK for me to fly to Germany today! I am at the Atlanta airport! My ears did hurt a little, put now they are fine! I still can't hear anything, maybe that is a good thing? LOL! I haven't worked out since Monday, as long as my ears are not cleard up I will not d o workouts! I hope by Monday I will be good to go! Our flight isn't until 4 p.m.! I hate this long layovers! I will check back in on Sunday from Germany! I hate leaving my kids! It was so hard, not sure if it ever gets easier? I miss them already! I also left my dogs behind, because of the heat! Not sure when I will pick them up?

Thanks again, girls! I will check in on Sunday

Hello,

Hey Steph! I hope you enjoy the goulash and it should freeze just fine. The recipe I used was on page 141 Deluxe Turkey Dinner.
I haven't been out to get my phone yet, maybe I should do that today.
Have a great workout! I am next on tap for that one!

Hello Belinda: Ohhh! That sounds really painful! I hope that you have a good flight. I don't think it is any easier leaving your kids behind no matter how old they are. They are still your kids even when they are 50! ;) Your dogs must be like children to you as well.
You are doing the right thing in not exercising right now. You will be back on track soon enough.
Have a safe trip! Look forward to talking with you again soon.

Hello to Sherry, Jay and Amelia! Hello to all that follow.

Oh....I noticed on the Aug RT pics that there were a couple of familar faces from the first RT in July. If I were one that didn't get in I would feel kind of gypped that they got in twice. What do you think?

BBL Heidi

Good Afternoon All,

Sorry for MIA these past few days. Still having family issues.:( Hope I can get it resovled soon.

Great job on your workouts everyone! High five:rolleyes:

Have a great day.

Jay:)

Finally checking in today.

Haven't worked out yet - MM still waiting to be done. DD and I have been running around all day and are now home, just as the rain is starting (what good timing). First was the dentist, followed by shopping errands, DD's skating practice, and finally the library. Now we're here to either go through her clothes or to chill and watch Little Women. I think she'll enjoy it, and maybe even be inspired to read the book. I know I loved it when I was about her age.

Meals have been clean, but choices are dwindling. I need to get to the grocery store, but the rain needs to clear first.

Heidi - Hope the house guests didn't interfere with your workout. I'll need to try that turkey dinner.

Stephanie - How was your workout? I haven't tried the turkey goulash yet, either.

Belinda - I hope you rears don't bother you too much on the flight. I'm sure it is hard leaving your kids. I many ways, I'm not ready for them to grow up. I like them where they are right now.

Juanita - I hope things work out for you. Don't stop working out. That will help offset the stress.

Kathy - Waiting for news!

Hi Amelia!

BBL, after my workout. With today's schedule, not quite sure when that will be.

Hey Belinda! Ouch! I hope you are feeling better! :) Can't wait to hear from you and that you made it back okay. So sorry you have to be away from your kids. I am glad you have DH there to comfort you! (((((HUGS))))) I feel your pain sweetie!

Heidi, yeah, I noticed that too about the RT. I know that the 2nd RT took quite a bit longer to sell out than the 1st one so I imagine everyone got in. I would have loved to have gone, but $ is tight right now. Hope you got your phone purchased and workout done! :D

Hey Jay! Still thinking about you and your situation. :( We are here for ya! Did you workout?

Sherry
, wow, you were a busy little bee today, weren't you! Hope you enjoy the movie with DD and are able to workout! Your dentist is open on Saturday?! :cool: I need to hit the grocery store too but hate...hate...hate to fight the crowd! We have 1 grocery store between 3 towns and everyone seems to go at the same time! And the store is so small, they try and fit way too much stuff in it that you can barely "pass" another cart in the aisles! GRRRR :mad: I try and go early but it just didn't happen this morning.

Well, looking forward to a rest day tomorrow! Who's with me? :D

Hope everyone is enjoying the day!

I love the smilies! ;)

bbl

Good morning girls,

Thanks ladies! I read through the post, but will be back later for personls!

I am in Germany! I am very tired! I didn't sleep much!

Hey ladies!
My race is today so I'm off shortly. I've got the butterflies in the stomach feeling going but I'm sure I'll be fine once I'm there. :)

I'll check in late this evening when I get back. Have a great day! :)

Kathy

GO KATHY GO!!!

Have a great race today!

Belinda: Glad to hear that you made it safe and sound!

Hi Steph: No...didn't manage to get out to the cell store yesterday. Still have guests and a whole lot of house stuff to get done. I didn't get in my workout yesterday and so....this leaves me with doing it all today. I am just going to take a rest day! Tomorrow is a start of my new challenge...GET IT DONE CHALLENGE!!!
Everyone heads back to work so this should make things easier. ;)

Sherry: How was the movie?

Jay: I hope you can get things worked out soon.

Hey Amelia: What are your plans for today?

Time for coffee, advil and a bit of breakfast.

Have a great day everyone! BBL Heidi

Belinda, glad you made it back safely! nighty night! ;)

Heidi, enjoy your much needed rest day! Love the title to your challenge!
:)

GO KATHY GO!!! :D Can't wait to hear how it went!
Rest day for me today! WHOOHOO!!!

bbl

Go Kathy...were rooting for you!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stephanie-enjoy your rest day!!!!! I took one yesterday,just so lazy yesterday...it was my free day too. I ate some pizza and chocolate cupcakes while smilling,LOL!

Heidi-Im too am starting a new challenge tommorrow,i call it the blast away body fat challenge! I too love the name of your Challenge!! Have a great rest day girlfriend!

I went back in my food/workout diary yesterday. I lost 4% BF back in the month of April. Starting tomorrow,im following what i did that month. My workouts were tougher than what im doing now,and my eating was smaller meals throughout the day. I will have to bump up my calories to 1,500 so i have the strength to get in those tougher workouts! (in other words,one or two protein shakes)

I forgot to mention that im down another 1.6 lbs yesterday! Yay! Thats 9.6 lbs since i started counting calories! I can tell in my tummy too...but dang is my energy lacking?

ok,enough babbling(lol) i will be back later to report my workout which will be that circuit that i never got in last week! (the last time i will be doing step too for a while so i want to enjoy it;))

Hi Ladies!

Ok...I did my workout that I was suppose to do on Tues. PUB finished!!! I know that I will be feeling this tomorrow!!! I did it ALL even the difficult planks and leg lifts on the ball. I got it done! ;) Now onwards to next weeks challenge. I hear GS Legs calling me for tomorrow! Abs will be Core Max 2 with 8# med ball. ARE YOU READY?

Amelia: Great job with the FL and weight loss!!! That is awesome! You might have to check out your food intake if you are feeling wiped. Have a great step workout!

Steph: Enjoy your rest day! Are you doing anything special today? I might be checking out another trail with DH later. I have to clean my car as well from our last field trip. It has been raining so much lately that the mud is starting to collect! ;)

Kathy: I anticipate a great race story from you!

Make it a good one!
BBL Heidi

Heidi-Great job with PUB and the ball work,i never do the ball work:confused:! Im also thinking about doing the gs series next week!

Alright,just skipping by to report my workout! LIC done! everybody have a great day:D

GO KATHY!

Back from my own run - decided to get in a few miles (3) this morning. Was also racing the rain - I did make it!

Now to work on the house some more! Going through clothes with the kids is such a chore! DD did enjoy Little women last night. I had forgot how much I enjoyed the story.

Belinda - Glad you made it back home. I'm sure it will take you a few days to get back in the same time zone.

Heidi - I love the name of your challenge! You'll get it done!

Amelia - You, too! I do so much better when I'm logging everything. Just the act of writing it down holds me more accountable to myself.

Stephanie - Here in our suburbs, there are many grocery stores. I really can't complain about not having access to good, clean food, as there are Trader Joe's, Whole Foods and several independent ethnic stores in addition to a few big chain stores, all nearby. Really it's a matter of making the time to shop healthy and then make the food at home.

BBL! Everyone enjoy the beautiful day!

Okay girls, I am so bummed! They closed the race down at the 4 hour mark due to thunderstorms and lightening. BooHoo, I finished loop 8 out of 12 for a distance of 20 miles. I am SO disappointed too, I was on track for a 6:15 - 6:20 finish. :(

Oh well, what am I going to do right? Guess them shutting it down was better than being struck by lightening, right...lol. I hit the storm head on coming home and it took me over 2 hours to get back (and I only live 77 miles from the race).

I'm so sorry, I'll try to catch up on personals tomorrow.

Kathy

Kathy, WOMAN!!! You did wonderfully! Hey, it was out of your control! At least you did 8 loops! Better than 2, right?! I am so proud of you. You have been on my mind ALL the day long! AND, lets not forget, you have a marathon coming up, right?

WAY TO GO KATHY!!!!!!!!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.