BFL for the Weekend

banslug

Cathlete
Good morning, ladies. Happy Saturday. Do you guys have any plans for the weekend??? Anything fun?

Shopping yesterday was great. I got quite a few things at low prices and that made me very happy! I have to take stock of what I've got and for whom, so I don't over-buy at this point. lol

Well, Sis is headed back to N Carolina right now. DS just went with my dad to take her back to the airport. I LOVE having family here, and my house was FULL of people for 4 days....but it gets tiring after a while. I crashed last night, as we were just hanging out in the kitchen, chatting. lol She's coming back to town in about a month, when my older sis has her (2nd) baby (her due date is Dec 26). ALso, when we're all together, everybody tends to want to eat OUT (except for me....it gets too expensive AND there are too many challenges with eating cleanly). BUT.....I won at all of the 3 meals that we ate out. I chose a salad with turkey and cheese at the pizza place, Egg Beaters and dry wheat toast at the diner last night, and a salad the other time. SO VICTORY there!

I did get up early this morning. I knew I had to get DS ready to go, and I didn't want to workout after that, since younger DS would still be here and I just can't concentrate when the kids are around. lol HIIT was on tap, and I AGAIN wanted something different. I plugged in Cardio Kicks. It's my favorite Cathe kickbox, because 1)I feel it's the best cardio kickbox workout she's got and 2)it gives me DOMS in the shoulders and back every single time! We'll see how it feels tomorrow.

As for plans for the weekend. This afternoon, my MIL is taking me and the kids out for lunch. SHe wants to take them somewhere where they can play video games and eat at the same time, but the only place that comes to mind is Chuck E Cheese. Then tomorrow, FIL is coming by to visit with us, and we have my Grandmother's 94th BDay party. Kids have off school MOnday, but I don't have anything planned for that day. I WILL be enjoying SUnday's FREE DAY!!!!!!

Ok...gonna get some things done while DS is still sleeping!

BBL

Gayle

Hi Ladies ~

End of W3 for me. YAY. :) I surprised myself staying clean this week when especially on Thanksgiving I wanted to give in so bad.

Shoulder workout done .. Cardio Fusion scheduled for this afternoon, just the step portion. My right knee is starting to bother me a bit, I will see how it is this week and I might schedule another appt w/ the doctor. Tomorrow I plan on doing Power Yoga.

Just in from the produce store, picked up lots of fruits. I even picked up some baby roses for me, just b/c they were pretty :)

Gayle~ Seems like you had a great holiday! Enjoy your weekend. Chuck E Cheese ... oh boy, I used to hate this place ... I guess I don't have too much patience for tons of screaming kids .. :) Have a great weekend!

"Today is a Gift, Have Fun"

~Jennifer~

www.picturetrail.com/fitness-momx2

Hello Gayle and Jennifer:

Great Job Jennifer!

I had Cardio Fusion on my schedule today but went running outdoors with my daughter instead. Our usual 3.5 around the block and back. This route has some really great hills in it and I felt it good in my ankels. My DD is wanting to get back into running and weight lifting for her trip coming up in January. I made up a workout schedule about a week ago for her and she hasn't really started yet. Doing Cathe's leg and cardio workouts has really payed off for me because I didn't even feel winded during this run. My DD can usually out run me and she was the one getting winded and sidestitches. THANK YOU CATHE FOR MAKING ME MUCH STRONGER IN EVERYWAY! :) :) :)

Gayle: The kids and I used to go to ChuckNCheeses when they were younger. Our favorite part of going was all the tunnels. The bread sticks weren't too bad either.:) Wouldn't touch them now though!

Have been really good at keeping with my diet...not really a diet but eating good.

I hope everyone has a great night...BB Tomorrow. Going to watch a movie with my DS now. Take Care.

Heidi~ Sounds like you and your DD had a great run, that's wonderful. I wish I could get my DD motivated into working out. She is overweight for her height and age. I am concerned, and honestly don't know what to do. Hopefully, my good eating will rub off on her. At least she does eat dinner w/ me... Nice and clean BFL style. :) Now, what she eats around that time, is not good. Where is your DD going in January?
What movie did you watch? I LOVE "13 going on 30," LOL :) Nice girly movie. It was on last night, and I enjoyed it. I plan on going to the library tomorrow to rent that, and a few others and have a nice relaxing Free Day :) :9

Just finished making Protein Pancakes for b'fast tomorrow. I love these things :9 Even though tomorrow is Free, I would still like to try and keep it clean and not over due it. Not good for me since I am such a sweet junkie .. :)

Hope everyone had a good Saturday!

Jenn ~

~Jennifer~

Good Morning!

Hi Jennifer: Your pancakes sound great for today. I think this will be my breakfast also. :9
How old is your daughter?
My DD is now 21 and has been running with me since she was in 4th grade. She joined the cross-country team and track team when she entered high school and stuck with it to the end.
Now she is so busy with college and her internship that it is a rare occasion for her to get out and run with me. She likes to lift weights and run on the treadmill when she gets the chance...or has the energy.
DD is preparing for a trip with us to the Cayman Islands in January. She will be staying on for the month for a break from it all. I will only be staying for 12 days because I can't be away from work that long. Also, my youngest son needs to get back into school.

My DS picked out The Two Towers from the Lord Of The Rings series to watch last night. Still a great movie... however, rather long.

Today is going to be a step workout and abs. Feel as though I could do with a little more cardio.

Hope you all have a great day!
BBL :7

Good Sunday Morning, ladies!

Jennifer-I LOVE the protein pancakes. I just made a large batch yesterday and stocked the freezer for this coming week! As for your DD....my older DS is overweight and his belly is starting to make me nervous. I'm trying very hard to watch how I word things so he doesn't start feeling bad about himself, but I need to figure out also HOW to help him.

Heidi-your run DOES sound great! WOO HOO on out-running DD! LOL

You ladies talking about Cardio Fusion has me wanting to do that. And I just might on Tuesday, my next scheduled HIIT. There's plenty of intervals in that workout to qualify as BFL, right? lol

OK....today is Free Day and it closes out Week 8!!!!!! I cannot believe week 8 has come and gone! I took my pics and measurements this morning and am HAPPY to announce more losses. Down a total of 17.4 pounds and my measurments (can't recall them off the top of my head) are down again as well....I'm ESPECIALLY happy that my thighs are FINALLY starting to shrink. My things are my toughest body part (besides my butt, of course, lol) and I think that switching from the all-out heavy BFL weight work to Cathe's endurance work with heavy weights is the key.

I'm sporting some awesome DOMS in my lats, shoulders and upper back from CK yesterday. LOVE IT!

I'm going to enjoy today's Free Day at my Grandma's 94th BDay party....lasagna, sausage and peppers, CAKE! lol And, of course, my usual Sunday treat of Chex Mix. YUMMY!

Ladies.....I just want to take a moment and [font color=green size=+2][bold]THANK EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU[/f][/b] for sticking here every single day! It's really meant SO MUCH to me and my success is in part due to the fact that I'm checking in with you guys everyday! YOU ROCK!!!!!!

Gayle

Good Morning Ladies!!! :)

End of W3 .. Free Day. I have been waiting for this day all week.. :9 Just had a donut w/ my coffee this morning..YUM! I plan on not over doing it, but finally giving my mind a rest.

Gayle~ You are so WELCOME!! I also have to THANK ALL OF YOU! I think without this team I would of failed the 1st week. The sticky part for me is coming up - W4 & W5 this is where I failed last time! Enjoy your B-day party today :) Sounds like fun! My DD and I are going over to my Grandma's today as well. She will be turning '91 in Feb.
YUM ~ Lasagna .. I think there is some leftovers in the fridge from the kids dinner the other night. Guess it's mine today :9 LOL
CONGRATS on finishing W8. They say W8 is the "magic week." Great work!! I am sure you look awesome!! :) :)

Heidi~ My DD is 15. She used to be in gymnastics, but dropped out. I feel that her self esteem is low, and I don't know where to go from here. She is always dressing in baggy sweats and t-shirts, although she has started coming around since starting high school this year.

Since starting BFL 3-weeks ago, I lost 5 pds, and I'm slowly starting to see some changes in my Butt & Thighs :) Not much, but I am more focused now on losing body fat. I don't want to lose too much weight, then I hear everyone saying I look sick! I guess I might want to cut out some cardio, or up my portions. This is always the scary part for me. I took some progress pics last night on my phone. I can see the changes slowly. I am unable to load them to my computer b/c I had to cancel all texting on my phone ( Thanks to the kids .. LOL ) Isn't there something you can buy (USB Cord?) to hook to the computer to get the pictures from your phone...Heck, it might be easier right now to pick up a cheap disposal until I can get a new digital camera (and make sure I keep this one far-far away from the kids..LOL)

Off to take BF to work. Enjoy your Sunday!
{{{HUGS}}}
Jenn ~

~Jennifer~

Hi Gayle and Jennifer,

You both rock as well as everyone else that has joined this forum. I think we are very supportive of each other and this is what is so great about this forum. You can ask any question from anyone here and most likely you will get a reply maybe even more.
This forum has helped me in so many ways...health,getting in shape and meeting new people from all over the country.

Jennifer: Even though this is week 8 for Gayle and I, we have 4 weeks to go and I plan on sticking in there for the long haul. Of course my exercises will be a little different from the actual BFL program but will remain similar in the schedule.
For your daughter...maybe starting a walking program a couple times a week with you will help her get motivated. Even small changes for her will be a great motivator. This running or hiking time with my DD has been great because we have a chance to talk about problems with classmates or school. Just to have a sounding board to blow off some steam or stress is beneficial.
Has she ever gone to the gym with you? Or has she tried any of the workouts at home?

Gayle: I do believe that the Cardio Fusion will be a great addition to this cardio workout program. It is really an awesome workout! Talk about puddles of sweat! I think I sweat more with this one than doing any of the iTread workouts.
Is this son that you mentioned the one that has been keeping company with you during your races? Has he tried to do any of the BBC workouts or P90? How about working out with your BF? I remember you saying at one point that he or maybe both of your sons was on a team of some sort. This is a great start if they have been active in school sports.

I hope for your DS - Gayle and your DD - Jennifer that they learn from you and see your progress to be inspired to get healthy too. The teenage years are the hardest to go through as you and I will never forget. Patience and support is the key ingredient.

Which ever week this is for you...you can do it! Your doing great so far so keep up the good work. :)

BBL
Heidi

Hi Ladies~

Just stopping in to say HI! :) How was your weekend?

I don't know how I used to eat like this, honestly. I feel like crap today :( I don't know if it's a stomach virus, or I'm sick from not eating right today. I didn't eat that much, donut for b'fast and then some lasagna for dinner.

I am thinking it might be better for me to take a couple "free meals" during the week instead. Do you guys do this at all?

Off to go pick up DS from his Dad's. He was supposed to go hunting Monday and Tuesday, but I have a feeling he is missing his GF and wants to come home instead. Normally he wouldn't miss the 1st days of deer hunting for anything!

Have a great night!! :) :)

~Jennifer~

Hey guys.

Jennifer-I KNOW!!!! I'm sitting here, remembering how I felt like this every single night of the week! LOL I didn't do too badly, but ate too-big portions.

Heidi-My older DS (the one who is a bit overweight) is very active, so I'm not too concerned about his level of activity. He's a big kid.....10 years old, 4'10, 105#. He plays sports all year round and will go outside to play all the time. I just worry. That's all. lol And YES>...he's the one who wants to join in on these races of mine! So maybe I'll start really thinking about running/doing the whole event WITH him instead of trying to win each time.

OK....just heading upstairs to change into jammies. Then sitting down for some football to close out the night. Kids are home for one more day tomorrow. Tomorrow will be upper body (although I'm still sporting DOMS from Sat's Kick max), then groceries, haircut, and house stuff.

Good night!

Gayle

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.