BFL Wednesday, January 9

Sherry K

Cathlete
Hey, where are all my early morning workout buds? I saved all of you a place!

Yesterday was clean eating for day #2 (really day 37, but now I’m focused). I did pick up the Clean Eating magazine. I was nearly salivating as I read the recipes. Can’t wait to try them. Last night was scouts (7-9), so by the time I got home, I was done!

Today was upper body, so did Shoulders, Calves & Core – I must say again how I like how this one works my shoulders. I have dreams that one day I’ll have defined shoulders that I can really see.

Some quick personals to get my day going (I can’t check in all day long like some of you, once I’m at work, it’s chaos. I know between that stress and not getting enough sleep that’s impacting my ability to burn fat!)

Michelle - They say it takes 3 weeks to create a habit. I just know that I can handle my days better with the regular exercise. Thanks for the continuous encouragement.

Heidi – I do hope recovery goes well this time. I’d not want to have anything to do with that ortho again. Are you following Tosca Reno’s eating clean diet? One thing I’ve noticed since I’ve been trying to eat better is how much I crash after a sugar spike. This is really disappointing since Panera’s cinnamon crunch bagels can be a real weakness (and they area always around work on Friday’s)

Kathy – Congrats on the fat loss. I use a Taylor scale to keep track, but have never used calipers. Not sure I’d like what they’d have to say any better.

Susan – Did the vibes work again? You must be sending some my way! Walking is just fine. On nice days, I try to power walk at lunch to get a few more calories burned. (and it definitely hasn’t been nice lately)

Gayle – Two runs in two days and time to cook?! I’m jealous! Keep up the engery!

Belinda – Let the leg recover! Don’t push it now or it can get worse. Use the time to focus on upper body really hard.

Melissa – I don’t do caffeine in the a.m. Have found that once I get rolling, I’m good. (And taking the dog our first when it’s cold, wet and windy really wakes you up!). Looks like you are keeping the eating on track. Don’t you just love how the DOMS can hit so much later than anticipated sometimes!

Carolyn – I love Drill Max. It’s been a while since I did it, but since you brought it up . . .

Jennifer – I’m here at 5 a.m., though waiting until after the workout to check-in Welcome back

Hi, Sherry! I'm up early with ya, my dear! Great workout for you!!! You keep that vision of gorgeous shoulders in your head and YOU WILL GET THEM!

My workout this morning is DONE! My legs are FRIED. Between outdoor runs for 2 days straight and this morning's killer workout, my poor legs need a break! lol Here's what I did:
***ME Leg Press Premix (as a warm up with 10# plate)
***BFL lower body weight work (heavy)
***B&G floor work and stretch!
YOWZA!!!!! I'll be walking funny today!

Today has a busy first-half of the day. I'm cleaning my friend's house in the morning and going right to work from there. It quiets down then, as the kids go to Religion Class before dinner. Quiet night. Looking forward to that.

Temps are to hit the 60s again, but I'm NOT planning a run today! LOL

I'll check back after work/school to say HI to everybody else!

Gayle

Hi Sherry and Gayle -- I'm here with you girls!!

I just finished B&G. Even though I like the workout I felt like I needed to do some heavy weights -- now looking at your workout Gayle, I'm starting to understand why you gals mix it up. Of course my all time FAVORITE from B&G is the firewalkers!! :)

Okay, I'm still not 100% focused on my eating -- I don't know what's up. I've been reading tons of old posts -- and in the end to get the results it is what you put in your mouth that counts. I love the saying that abs are made in the kitchen not the gym. And since it is my abs that need the most work --- I'm refocusing today!!!!

I'll be back later to do some personals!! Stay strong gals!!

Michelle

Sherry - Great job on the clean eating! I think it's the hardest part of any plan. I LOVE to work out but have to really watch the eating as I've gotten older (never had to do it prior to turning 35) x(

Gayle - Woohoo, super leg workout! I'm enjoying the BFL lower body work alot. I'm squatting heavy again and it feels GREAT! I wish I go home early enough to enjoy this beautiful weather.

Michelle - I hear ya, it's tough but the results will be so worth it. Keep up the good work and you're going to do great.

Well, I'm running out the door again. I got up and did the BFL upper body workout and I raised the weight again on a couple of exercises. I totally maxed out on shoulders and triceps so hopefully they'll be showing some improvement soon. ;) Oh, and I tacked on the Leaner Legs Abs portion of Ab Hits.

BBL,
Kathy

Hey Girls,
Melissa..Shery and I will send some clean eating vibes your way...we have very powerful vibes!! Day 2 of clean eating yesterday too! Keep em coming my way Sherry!! I ate clean and just under 1700..perfect!
Great workout Gayle! Hey Kathy!
Im about to get DD up and off to school then do an hour spin. I think next week I may do more blf schedule with weights/cardio and see how that goes..alternating working ub or lb 2 times a week.
bbl

Good Morning, Ladies :)

Ok, I have to confess, I didn't get out the door for my workout this morning :( The bed was so warm and comfy :)
It would be alot easier if I had a treadmill or- elliptical at home. I hate having to drag all my work clothes/shower stuff to the gym.

Looks like I am going to wind out selling my Cathe step DVD's. My knee is aching this morning, and I haven't worked out in weeks. I did only 10 minutes of step on Sunday, so I guess that was enough! grrrrrr!! I think I'm going to call the Orthopedic this morning to make a follow up appt. Something needs to be done. Sometimes I can't even do the elliptical without discomfort.
Last time I was there they said I had Arthritis in my knee. Do you think they can do anything further for me? I would hate to schedule a appt and them look at me like I am stupid!

"Today is a Gift, Have Fun"

~Jennifer~

="http://images.meez.com/user07/3/8/4/4/4/4/8/3844448_bodyshot_300x400.gif

Jenn Im sorry your knee is bothering you..how frustrating not being able to workout how you want. My passion was power walking and since my IT band issues I just can't like used to...I am going to PT now so hopefullly I will be walking again soon. I would for sure go see the ortho guy. If he does make you feel "stupid" for going then hes not a good dr and you should see someone else. You are wayyy too young to not be able to workout the way you want. I do hope you can find somethint that helps!
Im headed to spin.

Hey guys. Quick post for me. I just stopped home real quick to grab Meal #2 which I forgot, and to say HI!

Jennifer-sell the step DVDs. How many times have you tried them, just to realize again that your knee doesn't like it? You can get pretty much face value for those workouts, and then you can invest that money elsewhere. I know very little about knee issues, so I'm no help when it comes to that kind of advice. lol

I am in 100% agreement with you gals that the MAJOR portion of ANY plan is the eating. When you look at it that way, you realize that your one-hour long workout is just a fraction of what you NEED to do each day. The other 23 hours are all about eating MINDFULLY and CLEANLY!

I'm sporting some DOMS in my core from yesterday's Core Max on the ball. That's AWESOME, since my core very seldom gets sore. I was just thinking yesterday, too, that I want a TOUGH core workout and was thinking about shopping around for other instructors' core DVDs. WHAT WAS I THINKING? lol Cathe did it to me with the pikes and roll-ins on the ball. Tomorrow, after HIIT, I'm going to try out one of the CM premixes. What are YOUR thoughts on core workouts? What are your favorites????

Gayle

Good morning everyone!

Hmmmm, my thoughts on core workouts Gayle....HATE 'EM!! I know that is not the answer you were looking for. Just being fresh! ;-)

But seriously, my core is pretty sore this morning from that Imax 3 blast premix last night. I must have been keepin' it real tight!! There is alot of jumping on that one!

Still keeping it CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN!!! It's much easier when I'm prepared. Spending Sunday cooking is really helping me stay on track.

Thanks for the clean eating vibes Susan and Sherry. I can feel them!

Okay, off to get some work done. BBL.

Good morning ladies,

I am not sure what workout I will do today??

Thanks ladies for all the Protein Pancakes recipes! I went grocery shopping yesterday instead of getting cottage cheese I bought sour cream! They look alike! My eating has been really good yesterday! I CAN DO THIS!

Heidi –I am glad you enjoyed your run yesterday! Glad you didn’t run over the deer! LOL!

Melissa I never give up my coffee! I drink two cups in the morning, no sugar! I am too old for VC bikinis! They are cute! I need to pull out my bikini out and put somewhere I can see it every day!

Kathy my leg felt fine last night, it is hurting this morning! Maybe I shouldn’t be doing PLB today?? Great job on BFL upper body workout and I raising the weight!

Jennifer that recipe looks good!

Michelle I also like the Firewalkers in B & G!

Sherry it has been day 2 for me to with the clean eating! We can do it!

Gayle great workout this morning! Have fun walking funny today! LOL!

Susa enjoy your workout today!

Jennifer I am like you lately, I can’t get out of bed before 9 a.m! What step DVD’s are you selling?? I need some for my DD Alesia! Sorry about your knees!

Have a great day!
Belinda
http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid16930497

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid16930497

Belinda-I missed your post! Hey....This weekend I'm going to make the protein pancakes with RICOTTA cheese instead of cottage cheese, just to try it out! There are a ton of BFL folks who HATE cottage cheese as-is (I'm one of them) but they use ricotta instead...thought I'd give it a go!

Melissa-I expected SOMEBODY to say they hate core work! LOL How's that blast premix??? I have HIIT tomorrow and want to NOT do a running workout just to switch it up. I'm choosing between IMax 2, IMax 3, Low Max, or LIC cardio premix with the all-blast premix added on the end (I LOVE THAT CARDIO).

Gayle

Gayle, you can always count on me to say I hate core work!!!

I thought the Imax3 blast-only premix fun! It was really hard though. I felt very uncoordinated and heavy. Does anyone else ever get that feeling? My feet felt like the were in cement!! I love the step segments on both 2 and 3 and I probably would have had more pep if I did the step w/ the blasts. It wasn't pretyy, but I got it done.

Have fun with whatever one you choose!! I like the idea of adding te blast-only premix at the end...GRUELLING, I LOVE IT!!! I'll have to keep that in mind tomorrow night!

Ladies -

To continue with my post -- great abs are made in the kitchen, not the gym...

I just found my measurements from 5 years ago. I am up 9 pounds - which didn't shock me or upset me, because I know it is not the numbers of the scale. What did upset me was -- all my measurements were the same -- chests, thighs, biceps -- EXCEPT my waist!! My waist is up 5 inches!!

I knew I was stuggling with my abs -- my jeans are all tight, my t-shirt are tight around the waist -- but I never dreams ALL my weight had went directly to my abs!!! UGH!! :(

Okay - I am on the clean eating bandwagon.

BBL
Michelle
P.S. As far as your core work questions Gayle -- obviously, I need to find some good core workout too!! :(

Belinda-yes…I have the EFL cookbook; that’s where the protein pancake recipe first came from (except I omit the Splenda). And actually, I just hit the grocery store and saw that the ricotta cheese has more carbs than the cottage cheese I usually use, so I’m just going to make them like normal.

Susan-great workout. How’s that CM premix? I’m starting to play with those premixes tomorrow!

Michelle-isn’t it interesting to look back at your old stats??? I have my weigh-ins from when I started Weight Watchers way back in 2004, and the last time I weighed as little as I do now was in January of 2005! Good thing to keep in mind!

It’s another gorgeous day outside, but I’m NOT GOING FOR A RUN! I keep repeating that. It’s hard, when you get weather like this, to keep yourself down. But I really want to hit it HARD with HIIT tomorrow. I’m still trying to decide what I’ll do tomorrow morning. Maybe we should take a vote! HA!

Gayle

Gayle,
The premix I did today (tough 18min) is probably my favorite..I also enjoy CM workout 3.
Question..does anyone wiegh less in the afternoon? I am alwasy about 2 pounds lighter in late afteroon..is that weird or what?

Hi ladies,

My workout this evening was PLB and Abs from CTX/ PC! I didn't lift very heavy and my leg feels pretty good! Maybe all that stretching helped?

OMG, Gayle! Those Protein Pancakes are soooooooooooo good!* :* :p :9 I didn't use any splenda! I still liked them! I could eat them all right now! I had now idea there was a BFL cookbook! I need to look on Amazon and see if I can find one!

Belinda

Hi Ladies~ :)

I am looking to purchase a MP3 player so I can finally get onto the itrain bandwagon. Any ideas of a good one to buy? I know they aren't that expensive.
I did find my DD Ipod, but it's not working. I even charged it thinking the battery died, still nothing :(

"Today is a Gift, Have Fun"

~Jennifer~

="http://images.meez.com/user07/3/8/4/4/4/4/8/3844448_bodyshot_300x400.gif

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.