BFL Wednesday

OK, good morning. Here's to a NORMAL schedule, FINALLY! Kids go back to school today, and things return to a semi-normal state! THANK GOD! LOL

First, the workout. I was up early, but not as early as I would have liked. I was shooting for being in the basement by 5:30, but didn't get started till about 5:50. I had enough time to get everything done and get showered, but I always feel rushed with the shower stuff. Tomorrow's goal is to be working out NO LATER THAN 5:30am.

Today was PUB and I went heavy!!! I went up to 21# for biceps and OUCH is the word that comes to mind! lol

HOW ARE YOU GUYS????

Here was my menu from yesterday:
M1: 3 mini egg white quiches, 1 slice lite wheat toast
M2: Beefy Chili
M3: Snickers Low Carb Nutrition Bar (yes, I know, but I was in the mood for a sweet plus I was in a hurry)
M4: Pork Chop baked, baked potato (1/2), green beans
M5: Gala Apple and 3 string lite cheese

I ended up with only 5 meals yesterday because I got up SOOO late in the morning. Plus I got in 2 workouts, my first one being mid-day and the last one being after dinner time.

ANYWAY......have an AWESOME DAY, I'll be back after the school bus but before work.

Gayle

Morning Gayle and all to follow!
I am really feeling pub from yesterday. My chest is on fire today. Today I think I will do Imax or Imax2.
Ok I have a question. I really want to do pub/lb to stay within the bfl guidlines somewhat..but then I was really wanting to try 4DS's. Knowing nothing about how a "rotation" really effects the body...what if I did pub/lb Mon/Tues...then the 4DS up/lb on Thurs Fri. Is that too much muscle confusion. Should I stick with one type of workout for 4 weeks or so? I hope that made sense.
Gayle what do you do?
My dd is off until Monday and my workouts will be able to be longer and uninterrupted then!
just had oatmeal/pb for my first pre workout meal.
Hope everyone is feeling perky today!
Oh and Gayle I also liked the footwork in LIS..the sweep came quickly to me from doing LM so much..the crossover thingie took me a couple of time to get though.

Good morning, Susan! LIS...the step sweep was not the problem. lol I can do the step sweep, turn around and walk. But it's RIGHT THERE, when she does that pivot to turn back to the step, I can't get on the right foot. Maybe tonight I'll try again! LOL

As for the Pyramids and 4DS. Would it be easier for you to switch each week? It looks like you want to hit each body part twice in a week? Is that your goal? Maybe PUB/PLB Mon/Tuesday, Thurs/Friday. Then next week do the 4DS M/T/TH/F? For me, that would work best, but THAT'S ME! Having said that, Friday is this week's second lower body workout for me. I did PLB on Monday, and Friday I may do GS Legs, or Leaner Legs (I'm actually craving L&G, but I'm holding off for a while, lol).

Gayle

Thanks Gayle. I think I will try it each week and see how that goes. I am thinking that the 4DS workouts won't be as challenging though. We'll see.
I am off to workout then have a physical therapist appt this morning.
Later

Good Morning, Ladies!

Happy Wednesday!! Back to Work .. :(
For some reason I am so not in a good mood, and depressed :( I am guessing TTOM is around the corner. Plus, the scale is up 3 pds...Too much Pasta :(

I so wanted to do good this morning, but w/ my mood and having to go back to work I stopped off and got a donut and coffee at Wawa! :(
Plus, I totally forgot to get my car inspected..so now I am illegal, no registration, and bad inspection! Oh Boy!! Okay, enough of my whining :) LOL

Meals for the rest of the day;

S~ CC/Yogurt
L~ Chicken, broc, alfredo (Recipe from BFL)
S~ Egg whites w/ tomato, sprinkle of cheese
D~ Soup (BFL)
S~ ??

I wanted to get to the gym today, but w/ my car being illegal I'm afraid to take it out ... I won't be able to get it inspected until end of week... Tonight I will do Imax 3! :)
I previewed LIS last night, looks fun, but not that high impact! Does your heart rate get up?

Better get some work done! Have 61+ emails to go through!!

"Today is a Gift, Have Fun"

~Jennifer~

="http://images.meez.com/user07/3/8/4/4/4/4/8/3844448_bodyshot_300x400.gif

Good Morning Ladies!

Boy, I wish we were back on schedule today -- but we aren't. My kids don't go back to school until Monday. So, I slept in this morning and I'll do PUB in a little bit.

I was pretty proud of myself yesterday, we went to the movies and I took a long a bottle of water, a power bar, and some gum. :) (Another little victory!)

Okay, now for really stupid question. I know that there are different "levels" for food. For example apple (the best), applesauce (2nd), and apple pie being a distant third. However, sometimes it is hard to tell if something would really be considered BFL friendly, or should be kept until the free day. For instance, yesterday I feed the kids turkey hotdogs on whole wheat buns. I know that's not as clean as turkey with a sweat potato -- but would you consider the hotdog and WW bun cheating??? (You know I'm asking because it tasted really good when I ate it! he he!)

Well, I'd better get my day going! Happy BFL to all of you!!

Michelle

Hello again ladies!

Just looked through all the posts I missed from late yesterday. I read them all -- but only have time to post 2 personals -- I'll be back for more later...

Heidi - sooooo sorry about your trip! We are all here for you -- and we'll try to cheer you up!!

Gayle -- yahoooo on the BF!! I'm so glad to hear about the state of YOUR union!! :) I'm assuming he must have peaked at your swimsuit photo -- har har har!! No, seriously, he's one lucky man -- and we are all sooooo happy for you!

Gotta run!
Michelle

Hey guys!

I'm enjoying my Mypolex Lite shake (vanilla) before I head out to school/work.

Michelle-the hot dog....I'd consider it an OCCASSIONAL BFL meal. (I didn't spell that word right, did I? lol). Like you said, it's not a turkey cutlet, but it's better than a regular hot dog. Everything in moderation. GREAT JOB on the movie take-alongs! That's the secret...always be prepared! YOU ROCK, girl! Since you and I are doing the same workouts this week, lol, what have you got planned for HIIT tomorrow???

I just got done working in the kitchen. This weekend, I bought a bunch of boneless/skinless chicken breast, 99% ff ground tureky breast, 92% ff lean ground beef, and 2 big pot roasts. I just spent an hour trimming the chicken and roasts. Then I cut some beef cubes for stew, and vacuum-sealed everything in portions that I'll use in the future. I have a big chest freezer in my basement and a vacuum-sealer and between those 2 things, I'm a happy camper and LOVE to stock that freezer when meat is on sale!

Oh, eta, Michelle, thanks for the BF comments. He's a great guy too. I've really fallen for him, and he's so good with his kids and MY kids (not to mention with me too, lol). It was nice to get everything out in the open and make sure that my feelings were not just one-way.

OK...I need to finish off this shake and head out the door! BBL

Gayle

Hi Jennifer and Michelle
Jenn, sorry you arent feeling too good today. Forget about the donut, drink some water and try to feel better. When I am pms'ing I never know from one min to the next how I feel. Once you get back in the swing of things you'll feel better. The first few days are always the hardest. Just think of the results youll have. I will be sending you some feel good vibes.
I ended up doing LM this morning.
And I have decided to stick with the pyramids for Jan..then re-evaluate and see my results.

Morning everyone!
I’ve had quite the stressful morning already. I took the dog out for a walk on the path before work and when we got back to the house, the door was locked. I thought “man I am losing my mind, I can’t believe I did that to myself.” I pounded on the door and rang the door bell for 15 minutes trying to wake up my 22 yr. old son who sleeps in the upstairs corner bedroom. He was the only one in the house and he is a DEAD sleeper (just like me, lol). I ended up going to the neighbors house and borrowing her phone to call DH to try to wake him up by calling his cell phone (which he usually keeps on his dresser). I figured eventually he’d hear it ringing or me pounding and ringing the doorbell, lol. Long story longer, he finally got up and let us in and then I talked to DH later in the morning and he said he went back home about 8:15 to get his ID badge for work because he forgot it. He thought it was weird that the door would be unlocked and assumed I was still upstairs getting ready for work. UGH….he locked us out, lol. We had a big laugh over it but me and the poor dog were popsicles!

So now that I’m finally at work and my belly is full and I’ve defrosted…I’ll tell you what I did this morning. I did the BFL lower body workout but added in an extra two exercises. Four exercises for quads/hamstrings doesn’t seem like enough. I added in static lunges with a heavy barbell and a wall squat (using dumbbells and my stability ball for asl ong as I could hold it). I got an awesome burn going! And I could sure felt it walking up the stairs later! I finished up with a segment of KS Core Abs.

Gayle – that’s awesome about your BF! He sounds like such a great guy. Oh, and I like buying meat on sale too! Yum, I may have to make some stew this weekend!

Jennifer – so sorry about the registration & inspection woes. Yeah, don’t you just love it? It takes forever for them to inspect your car now, too. Just take comfort in knowing you won’t have to do it for 2 more years! Oh, and I LOVE Wawa coffee.

Susan – I agree with Gayle, do whatever fits you schedule and goals. If you get better results doing 2 total body workouts (divided into 4 days) then make it work for you. I personally feel like the 4DS upper body is much more intense than the lower body. I’d add more to it to make it a little more challenging.

Michelle – what movie did you see? We went to see I am Legend yesterday and I thought it was great! I think I want to read the book because the movie seemed to have “holes” in it that I’d like to understand more. Oh, and they showed a preview of a movie coming 1/24/08 for one night titled “The Spirit of the Marathon” which chronicles 6 runners training and experience during a marathon. I HAD to come home and buy tickets, lol.

Food for yesterday:

1)Eggbeaters/egg white scramble w/mushrooms, peppers, onions and 1/8 cup shredded lowfat cheese + oatmeal with raisins

2)Stuffed red pepper + slice BFL pumpkin pie

3)Protein bar + 12 cherries + latte (movie snacks I brought but could’ve probably done without the latte, lol)

4) Rotisserie chicken breast + small potato + ½ cup peas

5) Activa yogurt + ¼ cup fat free cottage cheese + coffee

Kathy

Happy Hump Day everyone!! I'm loving BFL!! It's much easier than I thought it would be. I've been writing everything down and cooking like crazy! It's a great feeling to wake up in the morning and have no regrets about what I ate the day before! WOOHOO!!

PLB is on deck for tonight and I am sooooo looking forward to it. The last time I did it was Friday and I had DOMS for days!! It was actually painful to bowl on NYE!! Gotta love it!

I did the 2nd 1/2 of Imax 2 for my HIIT yesterday and man, that wore me out. I still cannot complete all 6 blasts on #9. I get through the first 3, then skip the plie jacks on the 4th, then I can get through the rest. Some day...

M#1: 4 protein pancakes
M#2: veggie chili
M#3: grilled chicken in w/w tortilla w/cukes, toms & carrots
M#4: apple & a few almonds (out of string cheese :-( )
M#5: grilled chicken, 1/2 c brown rice & brocolli
M#6: BSN Lean Dessert banana creme protein shake w/milk & strawberries. Or oatmeal. Too big of a decision to make right now.

I'm going to the grocery store to stock up on some BFL foods tonight. It amazes me how many eggs I've gone through in the past few days. And oatmeal!!

I have a ? you ladies can help me with...

What does everyone drink? I've been drinking mainly water. Is diet soda or crystal light "acceptable"? I've given up my coffee only because of the amount of sugar I use in it.

This morning I had a sugar free hot cocoa packet and felt like I was cheating!!

TIA

What a funny story Kathy! I bet DH won't do that again!!

Melissa - wish I had an answer for you -- well, I do... drink water. :( However, I'm struggling with that myself. I LOVE crystal light and I have my one diet soda a day. :(

I just finished PUB. Love that workout!! I would love to tell you ladies what weights I used, however considering some of them were the pink and green ones, I'm too embarrassed to admit how low I had to go on some of them. har har!! Ohhhhh, my arms are shaking just trying to type this.

As far as my cardio tomorrow -- it will probably be the elliptical. I want to start running again -- but I don't want to FREEZE!!

Okay I'm going to go eat a turkey and sprout sandwich for lunch. Yummy!!

Michelle

Thank Michelle. I have been drinking primarily water, but have been sneaking in one diet soda a day too. Can't be that bad, right?!?!

Okay, so I just now finished my meal #2, veggie chili. It took me 2 hours since my boss called me into a meeting right after I heated it up. I couldn't even concentrate. All I kept thinking about was my chili!! Eating is MUCH more important than anything that goes on in a business meeting! ;)

Now my meal times are all messed up for the rest of the day..x( .

Jennifer-sorry about the mood (and that donut).

KathyG-the human Popsicle! lol On your workout this AM…I agree that the lower body work just doesn’t seem enough to me. That’s part of the reason that I do PLB heavy; or add on like you did.

Dave (BF) and I saw I Am Legend last week too, Kathy! We looked at each other when it was done and agreed that it wasn’t what we expected. Not sure WHAT we expected besides more action, but it WAS a good movie. And I saw the previews for that running movie also. I’ll have to check out the tickets and stuff!

Melissa-looking forward to DOMS, are you? lol I LOVE IT! As for the grocery store…I feel like I’m in there every other day! GEESH! I should own stock in the store, right? As for drinks, I drink ONLY water, but I always HAVE! I’ve never drank coffee or tea, and I’m not too crazy about soda. So that part has been easy for me. I think I remember reading in the BFL book that if you drink a glass of tea, coffee or diet soda, then just add one extra glass of water into your day.

Michelle-that darn boss, interrupting our scheduled meals! How dare he!

Gayle

Yes, Gayle, I am so looking forward to DOMS!! I'm thinking I might add some wall squats that Kathy mentioned...thanks Kathy!! And thanks for the input on drinks. Having a glass of diet soda is definetly worth an extra glass of water to me!

Okay, so here is what I decided to do about by before picture. I'm going to have my DH take it tonight in the only bikini I own (never has been worn in public, BTW). However, I'm not sure that I am ready to see it, even though I probably need to see it. So I'm going to have him just download it on the pc until I'm ready.

Maybe I'm overthinking this whole before-and-after picture thing. Me scared...;(

Melissa - I understand the fear of the dreaded bikini!! Good luck!!

Question for you Gayle -- since you followed the BFL eating plan 110%. Did you ever NOT wait the alloted time between meals? I got up late this morning and missed my morning snack. I had breakfast - waited 3 hours had lunch. I'm still hungry. Can I have my snack now, even though I just had lunch 15 minutes ago?? I just don't think I can wait another 2 hours. THANKS!!

Michelle

Hey, Michelle. My meals are anywhere from 2 hours to 3 hours apart...usually the lower end of that time, though. If you just ate 15 mintues ago, did you eat enough? What was that meal? Try drinking a glass of water and waiting it out 30 minutes to see if you're REALLY hungry. If you feel you have to eat now, then by all means, go right ahead.

Melissa-I vote you get your pic taken, and just keep it for YOU! I've never worn a bikini in public either, but I'm DETERMINED to get and STAY in shape so I can wear my new blue one this summer. DETERMINED, I tell ya! lol That picture will do you more good if you TAKE IT NOW! I promise! It was the beginning and continuing motivation for me for my first 12 week challenge.

OK...I just logged onto iTrain and found out I have 9 (yes, NINE) credits to spend. HELP ME SPEND THEM! lol

Gayle

Hi everyone,
So far my meals have been
oatmeal/pb
kashi/banana
pea soup/cheese and 6 ww crakers
I think I eat the same everyday. BORING
Melissa, I only drink water and 1-2 cups of coffee a day. I used to drink diet sodas but quit cold turkey about 6 months ago. Now they gag me. The fake stuff scares me. Oh that reminds me. I have never tried any protein powder..but when looking for one I noticed they all have sucrlose in them. Can anyone reccomend one that has sugar? I know the calories will be higher, but I think I would like it better.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.