BFL.....Wednesday 12/19

banslug

Cathlete
Good morning. I'm online a bit earlier today because I got up earlier! Imagine that! lol

Workout this morning was PUB. I did all the work on a stability ball instead of my bench/step. And I played with the sets just a little bit. For instance for biceps I did the traditional curls first then the hammer curls...nothing life-changing, just a little twist.

How are you ladies? We're winding down to Christmas now. I got a great jump start on my wrapping yesterday, and I'm hoping to get the rest of it done this morning before I have to go to work. I work today and tomorrow, then I'm off from Friday till after the New Year. While I was digging out the presents, I was browsing thru my EFL cookbook, and my Taste of Home cookbook that Santa is bringing me. I had to sit a few minutes and just browse, right? THEN....the KICKER.....I came across my Cathe 4DS and Tracey S's 2 new DVDs. Took everything I had not to pop them in the player! I can wait one more week, RIGHT?

OK....I'm going to do some quick things before I go shower. I'll BBL before I go to work!

Gayle

p.s. ONLY 3 MORE WORKOUTS FOR ME FOR THIS 12 WEEKS!!!!!! WOO HOO!

Hi Ladies,

I am just quickly checking-in. My husband got through his knee surgery and is now home for recovery. He is not to go back to work until after the New Year. (But by then he will be on vacation until the 16th!);-) What a break huh!?

Before all the running around yesterday morning I got in a 4mile run. I had another blasting headache to get rid of. Not successful though.x( Went to the hospital and sat until my DH went into the surgery room. Rushed home to get my migraine meds and then to work to pack up some orders. Spent the rest of the day at the hospital with my DH until he was able to leave.

Looooong night!

Woke this morn at 5am to get DD to train. She has a finale for BioChem today and should be home by 1pm. Tomorrow she has another finale for her Orgochem class and that's it for this semester. She so can't wait to get it over with!

I hope everyone has been doing ok. I will have to go back and read all the posts for this past weekend.

We got quite a bit of snow again on Sat-Sun and I spent HOURS! shoveling even though my Assssss was killing me from my fall on Thurs night.

I will be back again later. I have to get my DS ready to go to school.
Heidi :)

Heidi-I'm so glad DH's surgery went smoothly. I hope he doesn't drive you nuts at home now! LOL Somewhere, I missed the fact that you fell! (maybe I just don't remember...that happens). I hope YOU are able to get a break with this holiday weekend coming up!!! BREATH!

Guess what I'm doing! lol I'm actually working on my BFL Challenge Essay Questions. I'll print off the entry packet this weekend, then next week (most likely Wednesday), I'll fill it all out and mail it in. WOW! Can't believe I just said that! lol

Now I'm off to hit the basement to wrap more (and hopefully ALL) the Christmas gifts!

Gayle

Hi Gayle,

So proud of you!:) You have done a great job on this challenge and you should celebrate some how.:D

Ya...I might need a solitary vacation after this month long haul with my DH around.;-) He is a very needy person...pretty much like a baby.

I hope that I can keep up with my workouts now that he is home. I have my vacation coming up in Jan. and I feel so out of it. I haven't done anything for weights this past weekend. :-( Just shoveling...but I don't really count that. One cardio which was yesterday morning. This was suppose to be my last week too!

Can I do a weeks worth in one day????}( NOT LIKELY. ;-)

I can't wait to open my 4DS too! :)

Merry Christmas to you and your family.:)

BBL Heidi

Good Morning, Ladies :)

Today is our office Xmas Party :) I decided I am not going to deny myself, and enjoy the evening...If something looks good I am going to eat it :) I plan on keeping my entire day clean, and this way it will only be 1-free meal if I decide to. I would really love to get past W6!!

BBC Legs last night, following by Cardio. I will have to say I used to like BBC Legs, but for some reason she was killing me last night w/ her counting...etc... Arghhhh!!! I would rather pop in a Cathe Leg DVD, and enjoy the torture!...

So, I received a Money Order from my ex last night. He sends me a stinkin' $100...I know I should be happy for what I receive from him, but this is nuts...He wants to mail me $100/ every 2-weeks...What in the world am I supposed to do w/ $25/ a kid..a week? I guess he doesn't understand how much it is supporting 2- teenagers. My DS says, be lucky for what you got, you been trying to get money from Dad for 3 years... That's ashame, our kids know that their Dad is a deadbeat!

Gayle~ You up earlier, NAW....LOL :) Good for you getting all the wrapping done early. Every year I used to be up 1/2 the night on Xmas Eve wrapping gifts...the worst. Now that the kids are older, I just give them Visa gift cards...I learned in the past I would buy and buy and 1/2 the stuff wouldn't even get touched. Great work on PUB!! Bet you got a good core workout too doing it on the stability ball. You have some good self-control...those Dvd's would already be opened and played...I have no patience. Great work on finishing your challenge. Are you taking a week break, or going right into C2?

Heidi~ I'm glad your DH surgery went well...How is he feeling? Doc give him some good drugs...:)
Send some of your snow our way...It's warmer here today...I went and took the dogs for a walk before leaving for work and I couldn't believe how warm it was.....Well, it's only in the upper 40's, but warmer than it's been :) How's your bum feel today?

BBL - Take Care~

"Today is a Gift, Have Fun"

~Jennifer~

www.picturetrail.com/fitness-momx2

Jennifer-maybe you should start sending the EX some receipts for groceries, med bills, clothes.....let him see in black and white what it costs to raise kids!

As for Challenge 2. I know that next week (week 13, lol), I'll be taking a break from the heavy weights. Other than that, I'm not really sure what I'll do for workouts next week. But I'm laying low for the week and putting NO pressure on myself to do anything in particular. But I WILL be working out....I'll probably just do whatever workout I feel like doing. Then the following week (New Year's Eve/Day week) I'm starting up Challenge 2 again. That's the plan, but we'll see how things go! lol I'm also looking forward to SLEEPING IN NEXT WEEK, even if it IS just till 7am! NO ALARM CLOCK...that's the treat for me next week! (I say that now, but I know ME well enough to know that I'll get up early anyway!) The bottom line is I will NOT pig next week! No backsliding!

Gayle

Hi Gayle~

sounds like you have a good plan. I know me, I would probably eat like a pig and ruin all the work I put into it.
Do you think it's too much to do cardio 5- days a week w/ the BBC rotation? How did you do it?

Tonight after the party is BBC Chest/Abs. I'm not sure If I want to do the cardio b/c my knee seems to be flaring up a bit. I set the alarm for earlier this morning so I could get a cardio in early b/c of the party tonight...But who am I fooling, I can't get out of bed early...LOL :)

"Today is a Gift, Have Fun"

~Jennifer~

www.picturetrail.com/fitness-momx2

Hi Jennifer,

Thanks...DH is feeling ok. His leg is pretty swollen but I can't keep him off it! I feel like the nurse who has to chase the old people around the hospital to stay put. ;-)
I went to work and came home to find him outside on the ice in the driveway. He was helping my DS put a taillight in one of the cars. I told him to get back in the house! Why he is outside I have no idea. Men like my aunt said don't think!

Anyway...I still have that darn headache and haven't had a chance to workout today. Now my friend is visiting to exercise and check on my DH. (They work at the same place and I have my business office there on the top floor) Everyone one there is wondering how he is doing.

As far as your doing cardio...I think you answered your own question. If your knee is acting up then you need to cut back. "RICE" is what I would recommend. :)

Take Care,
BBL Heidi

Hello Ladies!

Wow, am I running behind today!

Heidi - so glad your husband did okay in surgery -- hang in there during his recovery. I'm sorry you keep getting those headaches!

Jennifer - happy to hear you received at last some money from the X. Kids are so expensive, I'm sure he has no idea.

Gayle - this is the home stretch!!! Saw your "name in lights" over on the Open forum. Really, you've done awesome!!! Okay, this is really crazy - not only do we read the same books -- but I also LOVE taste-of-home. I've subscribed for probably 10 years -- have two of their holiday cookbooks and a cookie cookbook. None of which are BFL friendly! :)

Let's see-- today I did push/pull. I love this one because I can actually do it all!! ha ha. And my goal is to be matching Cathe in her weights on this one soon. I had a turkey sandwhich for lunch, I am eating chocolate protein pudding as I type, and tonight chicken. I'm getting there -- slowly but surely. :)

Chat with you later!!
Michelle

Hello Michelle,

Great job on getting in Push/Pull today.:)

I have yet to do a workout today! My husband is very distracting. I was going to do a workout while he watched a movie but of course he makes me feel bad if I don't join him.

To tell you the truth...I am sick of the TV and movies! This is all we do it seems. Of course there is house stuff and work...but this is his favorite past-time. I can't stand sitting for so long it just makes me feel sick.

Ok...maybe my headache is starting to get to me. Now he is showering and I am running to the treadmill!

Talk with you all in the AM. Have a good night.

Hey, Michelle, YES...that is funny how we have the same taste in things. Taste of Home; I subscribed for a while, then in an effort to save money, I requested that my library start getting it and THEY DID! I LOVE the big cookbook I'm getting for Christmas! EVERY SINGLE thing I've ever made from those books/magazines have been DELISH!

Heidi-pretty much the only TV the kids and I watch are Survivor (sad, now that it's over, lol), and our nightly routine of Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune! I can't sit still all that long either! LOL

Ladies, have a great night! I'm going to sit down with my new book (One Thousand White Women...it took me a while to even pick it up because I REALLY want to read a Nelson Demille book now. HA!). Early night again tonight. I am REALLY trying to rest up so that I can make it thru MY LAST 3 WORKOUTS! I'm fairly certain that next week is going to be all about whatever FUN workouts strike my fancy. I want to throw in Yoga once or twice as well. BUT, again, we'll wait and see. I'm SOOOOOOOO looking forward to starting a brand new 12 weeks!

GOOD NIGHT! See you all early inthe AM! I have to get up earlier than normal because I'm in charge of the school store tomorrow morning. IF I don't get to post before I go to the school, I'll post as soon as I get back!

Gayle

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.