BFL for Wed Mar 12th 2008

Hi girls,

I am done with my workout! I did UB BFL style! My UB is fried!

BB Chest Press
12 @ 50
10 @ 55
8 @ 65
6 @ 65
12 @ 60
DB Chest fly 12 @ 25 each

BB Uright Row
12 @ 45
10 @ 45
8 @ 45
6 @ 45
12 @ 45
Standing Scarecrow 12 @ 10 each

BB Pronated Bent - Over Row
12 @ 45
10 @ 45
8 @ 50
6 @ 50
12 @ 50
T -Bar Row 12 @ 55

BB Close - Grip- Bench press
12 @ 45
10 @ 45
8 @ 45
6 @ 45
12 @ 45
DB Unilateral Overhead Tri.extensions with lean 12 @ 10

DB Zottmann Curl each
12 @ 10
10 @ 10
8 @ 15
6 @ 15
12 @ 10
DB Hammer Curl 12 @ 15 each

I will take my dogs for a long walk! BBL!

Have a wonderful day and workout girls!
Belinda

Good for you Belinda! You are a much better person than I am, on this fine morning. I decided to get the extra hour sleep, so my leg workout will need to be this evening. As usual, I'm impressed with the weight you are using. I'm hoping after today, I've finally got this time change down.

Hope everyone else has a great day!

Hello and Good Morning to you all,

Today's workout planned after DS heads to school.
PUB
CoreMax Abs
Easy 4miler

Belinda: Great Workout this morning!

Sherry: Have a great day and workout later.:)

Today I have 2 meetings so I won't be back until later this evening.

I hope everyone has a good workout and day.

It looks like the weather isn't going to all that great here so running will be on the treadmill.:-(

Take Care,
Heidi

Good morning, ladies! What's with this WEATHER?!?!?!?! Horrible rain this past weekend, 50s yesterday, 50s today with DARK clouds (not sure what the forecast is), and MORE RAIN for this weekend! SPRING!!! WHERE ARE YOU?

LOL

OK...I was up early, for potty was calling my name at 4:30 this morning! So I hit PLB hard. I used my usual 42.5/52.5/62.5. The deadlifts get me EVERY.SINGLE.TIME! I made my usual changes to this workout.....Bulgarian Squats instead of static lunges, added on a pyramid of leg extensions. AND DID ALL THE FLOOR WORK! I think it's time to just up the weight a TAD next time.

How's everybody doing?

Melissa-the other day you mentioned wide-legged deadlifts. How wide are your legs? What makes them different than a 'normal' deadlift???

IF IF IF the weather holds this afternoon AND IF IF IF my shins don't burn on my walk to/from the school, I may head out after work just for a short run to test the legs. But it all depends on those 2 conditions! HA!

OK.....I'm in a weird mood today! What's up with THAT?

Our baseball coaches picked teams last night and we're all sitting on pins and needles waiting to see which team our sons are on. Older DS is usually the first one snatched up in the 'draft', so we'll see!

BBL

Gayle

Good Morning girls!

Belinda-Your workout was awesome,you lift heavy girlfriend:) Yesterday during PUB,i didn't lift as heavy as I usally do and I still got some doms! I need to start watching my form/quality of the reps rather than the weight! In other words,i tried to go heavy last week and was struggling with every rep-won't do that any more. Enjoy your walk

Heidi-Have fun with PUB and coremax! I hope your meetings go quickly for ya!

Sherry-have fun with your workout!

Hey to everybody below

Todays workout is LB,not sure which on yet...im kinda stressed so I may do a HIIT on the tm also!

Have a good day:)

Hi, Amelia. In addition to watching your form, take your time too. Count 2 counts down, pause a split second, then 2 counts up. THAT really helps when you're using the heavier weights as well!

OH!! BIGGEST LOSER TALK!!! Let's DISH! First, what was up with Jillian and her DIRTY MOUTH? My LORD, girl! Did you see Allison's face? She wasn't quite sure how to respond to Jillian's little tantrum! Life's HARD, woman. We all have bad weeks, and nobody sticks up for US, do they? (I still really like Jillian's style, though, just didn't like her tantrum so much.) What's that long-red-haired kid's name again? I'm drawing a blank! I almost threw something at the TV when he was talking about having his 2 votes and that HE'S IN CONTROL! SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think he got humbled, though, when he got close to that yellow line. What do you guys think???

Gayle

hi girls,

No, walk with the dogs! It is raining like grazy!

Sherry** I wished I could have slept another hour this morning, but my DH called me at 5 a.m. this morning! My DH was already up already, when I smelled the coffee I couldn’t go back to sleep!! My DH doesn’t have the time change down either! Germany will have a time change next week! Hopefully we catch up again! 5 a.m. is too early for me! Enjoy your leg workout this morning!

Heidi** I almost pulled PUB out today, but I wanted to use the new barbell! Enjoy your run, core and PUB today!

Gayle** did you sent all that rainy weather to us? It’s raining really hard today! Not sure, if I can take a walk with the dogs today! Great workout this morning! I hope your legs feel better!

Amelia** lifting heavy is not doing you any good, if you don’t have good form! If I struggle I back off! When I go heavy I struggle the maybe the last rep or two! Which I think it is fine! There is nothing wrong if you push yourself once in a while! Otherwise you always with the same weight! You have to challenge yourself, but not hurt yourself! You are doing so great! Enjoy your workout!

BBL!
Belinda

Hi Gayle,

Dan is his name, I was so hoping he would go below the yellow line. He is so arrogant I can't stand him at all. Jillian was definitely a potty mouth last night. I really like Brittany but last night she was being a baby because Ali was back. I wonder who they will vote off, Brittany or Maggie?

Carolyn

Good Morning Ladies,

I have major DOMS from Butts and Guts yesterday. I really dreaded doing this workout because it has been a long time, but actually it was not as bad as i thought it would be. I only stopped for a stretch 2 times. I didn't do the abs work since I worked those on Monday.

Today will be upper body. The county is truning off all water to our neighborhood at 9:00 am , actually right now, for the day. I already showered and I figured I wouldn't sweat too bad doing upper body.

Have a GREAT DAY!!

BBL, CArolyn

I am sooooo sleepy today. Ugh. I don't know why. Well, it could have something to do with waking several times in the night, having bizarre dreams (though I have those every night), and a terrible backache when I went to bed. I get this weird sort of backache sometimes out of nowhere. It's a sharp stabbing pain that seems to wrap around from the back to the front like a vise. I saw a doc about it a few years ago and they did X-rays and EKGs and what-not and couldn't figure out what it was. I'll go months without it and then suddenly it will hit me again. Oh well, I'm o.k. so far this morning.

I'm about to leave to go to physical therapy. I am not in the mood but I think I really need it after overdoing it with lower body work last Friday.

BBL for personals if I can stay awake.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com
dream blog: http://dreamerfig.blogspot.com
http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif
If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/f]

Hi everyone, glad I am not the only one that didn't get up this morning. I think I am getting depressed about work and it is effecting my home life. I did workout this morning - just went to the couch and slept some more. I am going to try to do an UB this evening. I was thinking about PUB.

Belinda - great job on the UB workout. I haven't quite got to using the BB for upper body. 45 lbs is a lot. I should try it.

Hi everyone - have a great day.

Rhonda

Morning!
Belinda – Super workout! Wow, you’re going HEAVY….good job!

Sherry – I am NOT adjusting to this time change at all! I’m dragging butt and just feeling worn out. It usually takes me a week or two before I feel better. Does it usually affect you every year?

Heidi – Good luck with your meetings. Yeah, this weather is really getting to me!

Gayle – Great workout! I hope your shins discomfort goes away soon. That usually happens to me when too much lactic acid builds up. I’m having issues with a side stitch during long runs. It takes MILES for it to go away, ugh.

Amelia – Yep, form is much more important than weight. It can cause injury and an imbalance in muscle development. Take your time building up….;)

Carolyn – Yikes, are they doing work to your water lines? Enjoy your upper body workout.

Lainie – I hope you feel better!

Rhonda – Sorry you’re having so much stress at work. Sometimes doing something like an easy workout does wonders. When I was laid off a few years back, I found myself feeling down and overwhelmed and the only thing that kept my sanity was my workouts. I could get all the stress out that way.

Today I did a Heavy BFL Lower Body workout (I increased weights in two exercises) + ran 3 miles + did a section of Ab Hits.

I was so irritated when they didn’t show who got voted off of Biggest Loser last night. I really think those girls on the black team need to be separated. All they do is cry and whine!!! The way they totally “dissed” Ali when she came back was terrible! I don’t blame her for hanging out with the guys….who wants to hang out with a bunch of babies!

Jillian’s tantrum was really uncalled for in my opinion. Brittany’s a big girl and she knows what she signed up for when she went on the show. And did you see how much she pushed Ali? Yikes, that girl is tough as nails and looks fabulous.

Kathy

I was TOTALLY taken back with Jillian's potty mouth last night. I only wish I could make out what she was saying! I missed the first 45 minutes, which was disappointing enough, never mind now we have to wait until next week to see who goes home. I really want Dan to go. He's so irritating. I hope he gets his hair cut off next week when they do the makeovers.

Okay, down to BFL business!

Belinda - you are rocking those heavy weights girl! So inspiring!

Gayle - my legs are as wide as the black rubber on top of the step. If I remember correctly, the description said that the difference is that it stretches the hamstrings more than a traditional dead lift. I can definetly feel it more while doing them and after.}(

Hi to everyone else!

We ended up going out to dinner at the last minute last night. My meal was clean, until dessert..:eek: It was definetly worth it though and I'll count last night as my cheat meal for this week.

Meals for today:

M#1: 3 protein pancakes - toasted :9
M#2: grilled chicken wrap w/veggies
M#3: veggie chili
M#4: salad w/tuna
M#5: 1/2 c pasta, grilled chicken & sauted veggies
M#6: protein shake

BFL UB for me tonight...can't wait!!!

Have a good day everyone!

Hey guys! I guess I need to re-introduce myself! My visiting DS and his GF have kept me busy! I have not missed a workout and have been eating pretty clean too! Last night we grilled out burgers and dogs. It was the first burger I have had in 9-10 months, boy was it good! I have been very depressed this morning...uncontrollable crying. I guess it's because I am going to miss DS, but he's not leaving until Saturday morning! They will coming to the house in a couple hours, so I have a little time to get a hold of myself! It's just been so much fun having him here and I've been on a high and I know I will come crashing down soon. My 1st race, 5K, is Saturday morning at 10:15am. He's leaving at 8am, so I'm hoping to run it out of my system. Maybe I'll be too tired to be sad. So sorry to ramble and boohoo. Thanks for listening.

Belinda, I am so happy to hear you are using your BB! Way to go on your weights! Will the sun shine on you tomorrow?

Sherry, have fun tonight with your LB workout!

Heidi, I did PUB this morning too! Have fun running on the TM...spring is just around the corner!

Gayle, great job on getting in the floor work!!! Isn't is a great feeling knowing you are getting stronger! Good luck in getting the coach you want!

Amelia, I find my form slipping also with some workouts. That's great you are aware of it! Hope you can work off that stress!

Carolyn, hope you had a good UB workout! Great job on Butts and Guts yesterday!

Lainie, hope the PT went well. I hope you haven't hurt your back. What w/o are you doing today?

Rhonda, I hope you get to felling better! I'm with you girl!

Kathy, awesome w/o for you and WHOOHOO on your weight increase!

Melissa, I'm going to have to try the wide stance dead lifts. Sound like a burner! Good job on eating clean last night! What kind of dessert did you get? Enjoy your w/o this evening!

I hope everyone has a great day!

Finished my upper body work. I ended up doing S/H chest and back. I really focused on tightening my back muscles during this, hopefully will feel some DOMS tomorrow.

Kathy - They have been working on the water lines for probably a month now. Since north GA is in such a drought our county is putting in new lines to have storm water flow back into Lake Lanier which is the main water source for the state and for Florida. We live about 5 miles from the lake so we are affected by it.

Carolyn

Melissa – Yeah, I can’t wait to see what they do with Dan’s hair next week…LOL! Mmmm….dessert is my favorite!

Stephanie – Awwww, it’s hard to say good-bye! Hopefully the next couple of days will go by slow so you can have more time together. My 10 mile race is this Saturday too! It starts at 9:30 am Eastern time so we’ll be running at the same time, yay!!!

Carolyn – Wow, that’s a huge undertaking for your state! Hopefully it will be over soon so you don’t have to be inconvenienced much longer.

I'm having a dilemma here. I'm pre-registered for the St. Pat's 10 miler and the NJ Marathon in May but still have to register for the duathlon in April. It's a hundred bucks!!! Yikes, that's as much as the marathon! I'm contemplating doing a shorter duathlon that same day that's a run 2 miles/bike 14 miles/run 5k instead. The fee is only $45 and about the same distance away from my house (but in the other direction). If I do that one, I can still afford the 3 month membership to the community center's pool to train for the July triathlon I want to do (Women’s Philadelphia Triathlon).

I think logically that it's the better choice because it's the week before the marathon and I'm supposed to be "tapering" that week. I never was a very good "taperer", lol but I don't want to be recovering from the duathlon while I'm running the marathon the following week. I hope that makes sense.

Man, all these longer races are turning out to be expensive! The local 5k and 10k races are usually $15-20 AND you still get a T-shirt and refreshments. These longer ones are averaging $90 and I have to consider the traveling expenses too….especially if I need a hotel the night before and the price of gas is just ridiculous. Oh, and add on to that my STS purchase, and a couple of other pre-orders (from Tracey S. and Amy B.) and I'm well on my way to the poor house, lol.

Kathy

Stephanie - I'm so sorry to hear that you are so sad. But glad to hear that you've enjoyed DS and his GF's visit!

You might want to sit down for this: the dessert was warm, gooey, chocolate cake topped w/vanilla ice cream, hot fudge and oreo pieces. I'm drooling a little just typing it. DH and I shared it, but honestly I ate about 2/3's of it. DH was nice enough to remind me of that when I complained later on of a belly-ache!!

Carolyn - nothing better than Back DOMS. I have a really hard time isolating those muscles. Great job on focusing!

Kathy, I will be thinking of you while running Saturday! And wow, you are going to have to get a 2nd job to run all those races! ;)

Melissa, that dessert sounds heavenly! I would have eaten the whole thing! :eek:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.