BFL for Wed Mar 05h 2008

Hi girls,

I just finished abs from the 4DS + total leg workout + stretch from KB!

Oh, Lainie! Where did all those recipes go?? I only see one??

Off to enjoy the day!
I will be back later!
Have a good one!
Belinda

Good morning Belinda!! Yahooo I'm on the 4DS bandwagon. :) Heidi, I think you told me to do Legs & Core -- okay here goes. I'm hoping you are up doing yours right now!! I'll check back in when I'm finished.

Michelle

Good Morning,

I'm here early today!! Today I will also do 4DS legs and core.

Belinda - Did you use any weights during the core routine?? I use an 8 lb medicine ball during the part when you lay flat on your back and you reach "high to the sky". Try it. It really works the upper abs.

BBl,

Carolyn

Hi Belinda, Carolyn & Michelle. Wow, it's nice to be up and done so early! 4DS legs DONE! Nice change of pace..

BBL when I get to work!

Way to go Belinda and Carolyn -- for the added weight during the core work. I'm going to REALLY start focusing on core. As most of you already know, during my 8 week stretch I rarely got in my core work. So, I pull my back out and I have to wonder why?? It totally makes sense!

Lainie - thanks so much for your spreadsheets of the workouts that are listed on home page -- I followed right along today with Cathe and it really helped knowing what was coming up next.

Just saw your post Melissa! :) Yahoooo! Isn't it fun working out in the morning! And way to go on your weight loss -- that is AWESOME!!!

Michelle

Good morning, gals!!!!!

First.....workout is DONE! I did iCycle 9 (40 min, 11 miles) and the core from 4DS (the core on kickbox/legs). And NO......I did NOT use a weight because Cathe didn't TELL me to! HA! I chose to do an iCycle this morning for a few reasons. 1)For variety and cross training 2)my plantar fasciitis in my left foot is acting up just a bit from all my mileage so the low impact felt great and 3)I FELT LIKE IT, DARN IT! :9

Happy Hump Day. Busy day for me. It will be a shower and the bus. Then right off to my friend's to clean. Then right to school/work. THEN I can settle down a bit. The kids have Religion Class tonight, so I think I will add in the bis & tris while they're at class. I ran out of time this morning because I slept a bit later. All the junk from Free Day played with my sleepiness this morning. I didn't eat a WHOLE lot of junk, but it's junk that I don't eat the other 6 days of the week. I kept it in control again yesterday, and even though I had a few things that I've been wanting, it truly wasn't as yummy or tasty as I imagined. Does that make sense?

OK...doubt I'll be back online until after school/work! So have an awesome day!

Gayle

p.s. OH! And I've got DOMS in my inner thighs from those plie squats with the dumbbell on the step between your feet! AWESOME move!

Good morning Belinda, Michelle & Carolyn,

4DS Shoulders, Calves & Core - pushed hard to the point of shaking arms on the shoulder work. And yes, I did do the core work, too!

Now off to do some shovelmax. 6" overnight, streets aren't plowed yet, every other school district in southeast Michigan appears to be off,but I just got the note that schools are open. Here starts the day!

Hope everyone has a great workout and a clean eating day!

Gayle & Melissa,

Good morning to you also. Looks like we're all posting at the same time. Great workouts this a.m. yes, those plie squats will be with you for a couple of days!

Gayle -- so are you President or what?? Sure hope so!! :)

Melissa - Okay girl, since you are doing so good -- tell me what you think the difference is this time. Haven't you worked out with Cathe for a long time?? Do you think it is the consistent workouts or more the food -- or both??

I have been totally consistent with my workouts (except for the back thing). I think eating has been good (calorie wise) - but maybe not totally protein/carb ratio as in BFL.

I'm so excited to start running outside - maybe next week after the time change. :) I need it to be just slightly warmer and slighty lighter in the a.m. I'm holding you all to "running does wonders to my body" !!!!

Michelle

Hi and Good Morning to you all!

Way to go Belinda, Michelle, Melissa, Carolyn, Gayle and Sherry! You all got in your workouts early today.

I have been up since 5:30 and going Clean Max stuff. Trying to get things back in order before DH comes home. My workout is planned for after DS heads off to school. DD is suppose to be up and getting ready for school. She has a big test today! Ahhh it is 6:46....BRB have to shake her.

Heidi

Hi again,

DD is still not up. I can't keep after her she needs to grow up sometime right!? I have things to do!

Michelle: My question exactly! Are you Gayle???? What happened?

Belinda: Where is your DH coming from on his trip home? I hope he has a safe flight. I just heard that the airports in Germany are closed due to a strike! Is that the case where you are?

Well...BBL Have to get laundry folded and put away. DS's turn to wake. Not going to have late people today!!!! I want to get in my workout this morn...not later which would mean NOT!

Heidi

Morning!
It's a hit and run this morning! I have a training class this morning that starts early.

I got up and did a Heavy BFL Upper Body Wkout - Ran 3 miles (using Runervals 6.0 wkout B) - and Amy Bento Abs + PH Abs.

I was so sad to see Bernie go last night! He was one of my favorites, dang it. They should have let crybaby Kelly go. ;(

Kathy

Okay, Who watched the BIGGEST LOSER???

I was shocked that they guys voted off Bernie. I love Bernie, he has always been such a team player. I really think Kelly should have been voted off. She never has been able to pull her own weight during a challenge and that has really hurt the Black team over the past few weeks.

I was glad to see Bernie give Brittany immunity. I feel she would have been voted off over Kelly because she is more of a threat.
Did you see the end? Bernie had lost an additional 20 pounds at home on his own!!!

Carolyn

Yeah, Bernie is looking hot, isn't is? He's a cutie, and what a GENTLEMANly thing to do by giving his teammate the immunity!

YES!!!!!!! I AM PRESIDENT! Nobody opposed me, and nominations have CLOSED for my position! WOO HOO! I *think* it becomes OFFICIAL at next month's meeting, when it's actually been approved thru the motion and second (does that make sense? LOL).

You guys should see my fridge. I just took stock and this is what I have in there, already cooked and ready to eat:
*3 servings of Cajun Shrimp Stir Fry and brown rice for each
*10 veggie egg white quiches
*5 roast beef wraps (in lo carb wraps)
*about a pound of shredded roast beef and onions
*a HUGE bowl of salad greens with red onions
*3 servings of Italian Dinner Soup
*3 lb bag of Gala Apples
*48 (yes, 48) lite string cheese sticks
*a loaf of w/w Weight Watchers bread

THINK I'M PREPARED for a week? LOL

Gayle

I'm with you Kathy -- they should have voted off crybaby Kelly. (Just wanted to say -- you are really doing awesome workouts Kathy!!!)

Carolyn - Bernie is doing great at home, isn't he -- and how cool of him to ask for his family to support him. I think that is a huge key in all of our success!

The vending machine was gross. Makes me REALLY think about what I eat sometimes. Our own kitchens are our vending machines!!!!

WAY TO GO PRESIDENT GAYLE!!!!

Later -
Michelle

Hi,

Still waiting for DD! I doubt she will make the 7:38 train.

I watched the BL last night with DS,and DD.

Wow...so teary eyed all of them!

I thought for a moment that Bernie and Brittany were an item. Then we see his girl waiting for him at home. I wonder what she has been thinking about this very close relationship thing?

Great for Bernie for sticking with his workouts and losing that much more weight. I guess the other guys were right that Bernie really was a bigger threat than Kelly. They were only thinking of themselves when they kicked him off.

Don't worry....Kelly will probably be next if she doesn't kick it in gear! Although I feel bad for her. She has been trying to have a baby for so long and that is pretty sad to hear of all her losses.

A lot of comments for a first timer heh!?...:)

Well...time to get another c.of joe.
BBL Heidi

Good morning everyone!

Belinda, Michelle, Melissa and Carolyn – Rockin’ those 4DS legs!! Hope ya’ll can walk tomorrow!

Madam President Gayle :) ~~~~Healing vibes for that plantar fasciitis ~~~~my DH gets that from running too - iCycle sounds like fun! I did a similar move with the plie squats on Monday – working my way up to a 50 lb dumbbell. My inner thighs haven’t been that sore since I rode a horse for the first time in ten years last summer!! I walked funny for a week!!

Sherry – Gee, you can’t win for the weather up there! I had better not tell you it was in the seventies and sunny here this week, huh! Good job pushing yourself on the shoulders – way to get results!!

Heidi – Good luck getting the kids outta bed and the work out in!

Kathy – Great job working out before your early AM work stuff!

I have a trainer workout this afternoon – he has promised (threatened) all kettlebells today. Should be interesting. I am still so pitifully sore from last time! I was totally afraid of the kbells at first because (a) the lightest one is 17 lbs and (b) I was pretty sure I would swing it directly into my face and inadvertently get that nose job I’ve always wanted.

But these fears turned out to be unfounded. 17# isn’t that heavy for the kinds of exercises you do. And you are much more likely to swing it into your…er…lower pelvic region…. than into your face. In fact, I would imagine that guys occasionally have very unfortunate incidents in kettlebell class.

Anyway, I ‘ll let you know how it goes today. Have a good one and eat clean!!

Christina

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.