BFL for Wed Jan 30th 2008

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning girls,

How are you doing today? I slept until 8:30 a.m.! Felt great! I am super sore in my legs, I am hurting walking!LOL! I am glad today is UP!

How many own Cardio Coach?? They got Special Offer 6 CD + 1 MP3 workout for only $ 30!

I will be back to report my workout!

Have a great workout and day!
Belinda
http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid16930497

Welcome to Windy Wednesday, with gusts up to 50 mph. The wind made my sleep very restless, so workout will need to be done later tonight. PLB on tap.

My eating has been clean. The protein waffles are so filling that I need to remind myself to have the protein shake 4 hours later. Here’s the recipe I’ve been using:

½ cup oats
4 egg whites
1 scoop protein powder
¼ tsp vanilla
¼ tsp cinnamon

Not that different from the pancakes (protein powder instead of the cottage cheese), but I’ve been into waffles these days.

This is oh, so quick because I need to get rolling.

Belinda – Way to go! Keep up the good and incredibly heavy work but give those legs a rest today. I don't have cardio coach, but have thought about it for that price.

Michelle – I think you are about at the same level of weights that I am. I think I might move up to maxing out at 40 #’s for my leg work. We’ll see how I feel later today. How heavy do you go?

Heidi – Glad DD made it back safe. Let us know if the magnesium helps. I’ve heard it’s also supposed to quell those chocolate cravings each month.

Susan – PUB and Imax3 in the same day? WOW! You go girl!

Gayle – How do you have the time to stop by 2 sites? I can barely keep up with this one.

Christina – Don’t let some of these ladies intimidate you by how intense they are. Some of us are right there with you. We’re all working at our own pace.

Carolyn – Hope all goes well at the dentist.

Melissa – Not doing Cathe? Are you going through withdrawal? I still find I push harder with a tape. Maybe once I start lifting as much as some of you . . .

Kathy – I’m waiting to get a new set of dumbbells when Dunham’s has them 50 cents/pound. I need 25’s.

Try to stay warm today! A good sweat helps!

Good morning girls,

Good morning Sherry! Have a great workout!

I am done with my UB workout! I am super tired today! My arms and legs are fried!

DB chest press – weight is per DB
12 reps @ 20
10 reps @ 25
8 reps @ 30
6 reps @ 25
12 reps @ 20
DB inclines chest press 12 reps @ 25

DB bent arm side laterals – weight is per DB
12 reps @ 8
10 reps @ 10
8 reps @ 15
6 reps @ 10
12 reps @ 10
DB rear flies 12 @ 8

DB one arm rows – weight is per DB – weight is per DB
12 reps @ 15
10 reps @ 20
8 reps @ 25
6 reps @ 30
12 reps @ 20
DB row reverse grip 12 @ 20

Lying DB triceps extensions – weight is per DB
12 reps @ 10
10 reps @ 15
8 reps @ 10
6 reps @ 15
12 reps @ 10
DB overhead triceps extensions 12 @ 20

DB incline biceps curls – weight is per DB – weight is per DB
12 reps @ 10
10 reps @ 15
8 reps @ 20
6 reps @ 20
12 reps @ 15
DB concentration curls 12 @ 15

Have a great day and workout!
Belinda

Good Morning!
Great Workout Belinda!
Sherry-Thanks for the recipe! Ihope you are still sending clean eating vibes my way!!

Today is cardio. Planning on kickbox. I always go for Cardio Kicks...it just seems to have the most cardio and fun factor for me'

I have class this morning, but I will check back in later.

Hi to Gayle, Heidi, Jenn, Melissa, Michelle, Carolyn, Christine..hope you guys are up working out!!

Good Morning Ladies,

Are you ready for your workout today?

I am! I have to get myself back on track.

Today's goal workout:
Start: warm up and a good stretch especially for my legs
GS chest, shoulders and back
Core Max 3
iTread Set 9 (for my missed cardio yesterday.)

Belinda: I am feeling that GS legs from yesterday.:eek: Mostly in my calf muscles.

Sherry: I hope you can rest a little today. Being woken several times in the middle of the night can make you feel all groggy the next day. (How well I know!) Have a great workout later. :)
Thank you for the waffle recipe. What do you put on your waffles?

Susan: Have a good day at classes. Enjoy your kickbox session later. :)

Hi to everyone...I will check back after my workout. First have to get DS to school. Heidi

:7

Hey gals --

Sending positive energy for your workouts this AM! I’m getting ready to do step intervals and then head off to teach. Already feeling better from my first few days of exercise.

Susan – Wow PUB and IMAX3 ! That’s intense – do you still get sore afterwards? Have a great clean eating day!

Gayle – Thanks for posting your workouts - that’s something to shoot for!

Melissa – Love your signature line quotation – that one is going in my workout log.

Heidi – You’re doing great and getting back on track! Let us know what you think of the Mg supplement. I take a Ca-Mg supplement that you mix into warm water –it really helps when my muscles are sore (or if I have cramps!)

Belinda – Congrats on your weight loss! Your UB workout sounds awesome – do you do it at the gym or at home?

Kathy – Great job on your run yesterday. I am not sure I could carry a 25 lb. plate home from the store!

Sherry – Thanks for the recipe – I’ll definitely give those a try. The tip on the navy body fat thing was great too – I haven’t wanted to splurge on a body fat scale, so that’s really helpful.

Carolyn- Your BFL food yesterday sounded yummy ! BTW – I had the same problem with teeth and antibiotics when I was a kid. Got my teeth whitened at the dentist (Zoom whitening) and it really helped.

Have a great day ya'll!

-Christina

Morning!
Belinda – SUPER workout! Thanks for the tip on all the Cardio Coaches (I own them all except for PUMP). My three favorites are Press Play, Volume 6 with Candace, and Revised Volume 2.

Sherry – Thanks for the waffle recipe, I’m copying that one into the file. Enjoy PLB tonight. We’re having some pretty high winds too….I thought me and the dog were going to blow away on our walk this morning, lol. I wish some place around here would have a great sale like that, the lowest I’ve seen lately is 20% off of 90 cents a pound which isn’t much.

Susan – Cardio Kicks is my favorite Cathe kickbox. I just love the part when the guys come up front and Cathe makes a comment about needing an umbrella. It cracks me up every time, lol.

Heidi – I’ll have to pull out iTread 9 again and revisit it. If I remember correctly it has a nice mix of intervals, right?

Well, I got up and did a BFL Lower body workout and upped the weights in extensions and static lunges. That 25 lb. plate made it so much easier to load the leg extensions. I definitely have to go back for another one. I tacked on the floor work from Butts & Guts (because my glutes and “thut” area just aren’t improving very fast). Man, I forgot how a pair of 5 lb. ankle weights and a little Cathe can totally humble you, lol. I think I’m going to be more sore from that tomorrow than all the heavy standing leg work! Oh, and I also did the standing oblique work from Amy Bento’s Abs and the abs from ME.

Hello to everyone who follows!

Kathy

Hi Christina!
We were posting at the same time! Welcome to our check-in, we're so happy to have you join us. :)

Enjoy your step intervals.

Kathy

Good morning. QUICKIE post, as I only have 15 minutes to eat meal 2 and get to work!

Sherry-thanks for sharing that waffle recipe. How do you cook it then? Just like normal in a waffle iron/maker??? I may try it out!

Belinda-GREAT workout! Love those DOMS too!

Susan-Cardio Kicks is my favorite Cathe kickbox workout for the exact same reason as YOU!

Heidi-enjoy your workout! ITread 9, hugh? I don’t think I have that one! LOL

Kathy-I love adding on the floor work from either PLB or B&G to a BFL leg day! Great job!

Christina-you’re on a roll….one day at a time.

OK…my workout this morning was the BFL upper body weight workout that I posted yesterday. WOW! Those 31.25s for flies were really REALLY working and I was huffing and puffing by the time I was done with that set! And that was just the BEGINNING! LOL

Off to work. Sorry to hit and run.

Today’s menu:
M1: 3 hard boiled egg whites, 1 slice w/w toast
M2: Turkey Black Bean Chili
M3: 4 small protein pancakes
M4: Grilled chicken over tossed greens, baked lo carb tortilla chips (homemade)
M5: Grilled chicken, brown rice, ‘faux fried’ cabbage (lol)
M6: 2 string cheese and apple

Gayle

Good morning everyone!

Sherry - thanks for the waffle recipe. I'll have to try that once my protein pancakes are gone. I am still using Cathe for cardio, just experimenting with the BFL weight workouts for a few weeks. I do miss her voice, though. I feel lonely doing my own workout!

Belinda - now your arms will be hurting along with your legs!! Great workout!

Hi to Heidi, Susan & Kathy (and anyone that I may have missed :) )

Christina - I found that quote in Tosca Reno's workout log. I was flipping through it at the bookstore one night and it just stuck with me.

M#1: protein shake
M#2: egg white quiche & sweet potato
M#3: salad w/black beans, edamame & cranberries
M#4: w/w tortilla, 4oz steak, 2T salsa & 1T cheese
M#5: sauted veggies w/1c w/w pasta
M#6: protein shake or pancakes

BBL

Hello ladies!

I'm here! It's been a hectic morning -- but I did get up and got in PUB!

It is hump day -- and I'm so glad to be over it with the workout done!

I can't chat today -- actually at work AND working! har har!

I'll be back later!
Michelle

Hello and back again,

Just finished my workout. Yippee!

I mixed it up so it was more of a circuit workout.

GS warm-up
iTread Set 9 Faze 1
GS Back
Faze 2
GS Shoulders
Faze 3 and 4
GS Bi's and stretch/adding extra stretches for lower half.

Total miles 6.28 and burning more than 800cals including the weight workout. I don't know how many cals you would burn with Cathe's weight workouts. So this is a guess of 150-200.

Breakfast:
Tosca's breakfast shake.

Christina: Welcome! Have fun with your step intervals.

Kathy and Gayle: You have out done yourselves again today with your workouts! Geesh...I don't think I can do one fly with 31.25#'s. }(

I liked this iTread a lot! Nice mix of running long intervals and throwing in 4 sprints. Hills are at no more than 3%.

Melissa: How is the BFL workout going for you? You must have to crank up the music to replace Cathe Huh? :)

Michelle: Great job on getting in PUB today! }(

Hi Belinda: Let me know what you think of the CC's. I have been looking....but can't decide which one to get. Plus I like the iTreads because they give you the workout/running speed ranges. I get confused trying to figure out heartrate intensity levels. :)

Hello to everyone still getting in their workouts. Time for my shower. BBL Heidi :7

One note of interest since starting BFL. I have gone from 143 down to 135. So I guess this must be working out pretty well for me too. :7

Hi Christina,

About the Mg...I was debating whether or not to take the combo CA and Mg tablets. Which mix in are you using?

How was your workout? :)

BBL Heidi :7

Michelle - you actually have to work today...that's no fun!;-)

Heidi - 8 lbs down, that's GREAT!!! CONGRATS!!! I do like the BFL workouts. On Monday I did UB and forgot to bring my iPod downstairs with me so it was really quiet. It was weird! And my DD was bee-bopping around and singing which was really distracting! Cute, but distracting.

I'm back!!

I just purchased some Yoga DVD's -- I got "A.M. and P.M." (two 20 minute workouts) and also Power Yoga. Both from Rodney Yee. Hopefully I'll get to try one out tonight!

Melissa - Yes, I'm actually working. I see you are too -- wink wink!!

Belinda - Way to sleep in until 8:30 -- I think maybe I should become your shadow instead!! Great UB workout -- now, are you going to get that ab workout in? Man, I really need to start doing mine!!

Sherry - Yeah, I'm maxing out at 40 pounds because that is all my troy lite barbell came with. Also, I don't think I could lift anything heavier and get it over my head and onto my shoulders!! :)

Susan - Have fun kickboxing!!

Heidi - What you mean, "Get back on track?" Sounds like you already are! Way to go with weight loss!!

Kathy - I'm finally comfortable with the 40 lb troy lite barbell, but those ankle weights scare me!!! It really is amazing what a work out you can get with those!!

Gayle - Hey there! Yup, I've been reading the BFL forums for awhile now. It is uplifting to read the stories! There was some really good stuff on there about EFL. Us women really need to watch our portion size with those recipes. To be honest, I usually end up using those recipes for my cheat day they are so good!!

Christina - I don't think I've formally welcomed you -- so welcome!!! You are going to love it here! I REALLY needed some motivation -- so we started on December 31 - and can I tell you, I've been up at 4:30 working out -- 6 days a week like clockwork. There are no more excuses for me anymore -- because I know everyone else on here is doing it. I won't even let myself post until I've gotten in my workout -- now that has been REALLY motivating!! I'm on week 5 and really noticing some changes. I can't wait to see what week 12 will bring -- but even better what week 12 will bring for all my new Catheland friends!!

Gotta run!
Michelle

Michelle-I love Rodney Yee in Power Yoga Total Body. I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! As for EFL cookbook, I've bookmarked this site:
http://eatingforlife.com/recipes/nutrition.asp?t=ALL
It lists all the nutritional info on the recipes in that cookbook. When you compare the Male vs Female numbers, you do see you have to watch your portions!

I've got cabbage 'frying' on the stove (sautee'ing, really, in non-stick cooking spray)! YUMMO!

Gayle

Hi Heidi --

I use this one (http://www.ihealthtree.com/calmag-regular-16-oz-peter-gillham-s-natural-vitality.html) -- and I have also heard good things about the "Natural Calm" product which is similar. This stuff really works to chill me out and get rid of muscle soreness - for me anyway! Although I warn you, the taste is a little weird :)

Had a great step workout this morning -- and I'll do some more cardio after work. Mainly 'cause I drank a cup of coffee to get through a 2 PM meeting and I won't sleep tonight unless I tire myself out!

Have a great evening --

Christina

Hi Belinda -

I have to ask - with your screen name - are you a Bayern Munich fan?!

I love me some soccer - and Bayern has a bunch of great (and cute!) players :)

Christina

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.