BFL Wed - 6/11

Sherry K

Cathlete
Good morning all!

Today was cardio – decided on the IMAX3 blasts – Yowzah!

Now that DH is done with school for the summer, he is driving me crazy. Among other things, he has decided to get healthier because he’s putting on weight, for him that is. He thinks it would be great to workout together after reading about some of the couples in the BFL book. I’m glad he wants to get in shape, but . . . workout time is my time to focus on me and not deal with all of them, which is why I do it in the morning. Am I being selfish? On the other hand, cleaning up his and everyone else’s diet will go a long way to help me, too.

Tonight I’m taking my department out to dinner at The Melting Pot, after we go to an expo for which I signed all of them up. I figure it’s a chance to get out of the office since we’ve all been working so hard. I think tonight’s meal will make up for any “cheat” meals. I’ve ordered 4 courses for us, which includes the cheese fondue appetizer and chocolate fondue dessert. Should be delicious! A

I think you are all doing great. Now that summer is here and we’re all wearing a little less clothing, I’m sure we’ll stay motivated to work harder to feel and look better.

Hope you all have a good, sweaty workout and a clean-eating day (minus my dinner, of course)!

Good Morning girls

Sherry,great evening planned,fondue sound delish:9 ! And,nope,I don't think its selfish of you at all to want to take your 'me' time by yourself,i completely agree with you! I too consider my workout time a time to get away from it all and focus on me! After all i give my all,all day to my family!

well snuggle bug did good last night(my neice for those of you who weren't here yesterday;-)) she fell asleep at 11ish then woke up around 4am then agian at 7 so she's almost sleeping all night! I have to admit though,it SURE is a relief to see her mommie picking her up,lol...although i miss her terrible;-)

ok,enough baby talk;-) my workout will be in the eving after the baby has left...im thinking either a TM run or doing some CC or Itrain? I bought a couple of the weekend so i may try one today!
Here are the ones i purchased

Itread Drills set 27-30mins
Itread run intervals set 24a-60mins(i can break this up into two workouts;-)
Itread set9-40mins
and CC challenge 1,2,3 (i guess thats what there called)

so anybody got any of these? How do you like them?

ok,bbl:)

Hello to you all,

Very hectic lately....nothing new! I haven't been able to get on-line or do my workouts. :-(

Sherry: No! I don't think you are being selffish at all!!! We all need to have some time to do something for ourselves. Whether this is to have a pedicure or workout.
Great job on IMAX 3!!! }(

Amelia: Your niece sounds like she is a good baby. My children never slept through the night until they reached school age! Talk about dragging butt!!!
Have a great workout later.
I have iTread #24 and it has 5 sprints in it. Let us know what you think. :)

Have to get DS off to school and DD to the train. DS is out of school after tomorrow's half day. Yippee!!! I can get my workouts in early before running DD to the train.

I hope to get in a workout today after coming back. Just not sure what I am going to do until I get downstairs.

BBL to report something....
Heidi

Good morning, BFL-land! I'm mostly happy to report that despite a very sad and emotionally draining day I managed to stay 80% on track with my eating. That's a big deal for me... :)

Today I have to go shopping...and I'm dreading it and feel very nervous about it. Send lots of positive vibes, please!

My knee is very sore this morning so no cardio drills that I had planned. New shoes are on the list for today, definitely!

Sherry~ Wowie, I was sure no one would ever do just the blasts and have always been humorously confused about Cathe made that a premix. I'm impressed, girl, rock on!! I don't think you're selfish one bit!! Maybe there's a way for you to workout a couple times a week with DH to help him get started...kind of split the difference of doing all your workout together? The time us women give to ourselves is so precious, don't give that up! I'm sure you'll find a happy compromise. :)

Amelia~ It's wonderful that your DN is sleeping so well! Enjoy those iTrains. I'd love to hear a review when you get a chance. I'm very curious about these Mp3 workouts.

Heidi~ I understand hectic life. I hope you're able to burn off some stress and enjoy your workout today. Yay for school almost being over!

I'll try to get back later to report about my shopping excursion, if I survive it. :p

Hey guys. Late post. And I'm emotional.

I got a call first thing this morning that my best friend's (from college) mom passed away very early this morning. She'd been fighting cancer (which started in her uterus) for over 10 years. In fact, the day I gave birth to my older DS, she had a hysterectomy to start the long battle. 10+ years later, she's passed on. I'm sad. She was a very strong, willful, WONDERFUl woman who fought this battle with every ounce she had in her BEING!

My motivation has now moved to the thought of, "nothing that I'm doing right NOW can be ANY harder than what she's done every single day for the last 10 year". NOTHING. The urge to binge (like last night)? The craving? The negative thoughts? NONE OF THAT IS harder to deal with than what she did for 10 years.

I took a post-it and put a large "K" on it and stuck it on my fridge. Her name is Kay, and everytime I look at that letter "K" on my fridge, I will remember that when the food calls, Kay is there guiding me thru.

Later, time for work. I'll be fine, just need to deal with yet ANOTHER UNNECESSARY death related to this horrible DEVIL called CANCER!

Gayle

Hello Connie and Gayle,

I hope that you both feel better soon! This a tough time for all of us it seems.

My thoughts are with you and your friends family Gayle. :-(

My DH's sisters funeral is tomorrow just after my DS gets out of school. This will be tough to get there on time for sure!

Well...off to burn off some stress!

BBL Heidi

Morning!
Sherry – I totally understand what you mean! I enjoy riding bikes with DH and we used to run together a few years back (he’s the one that got me started) but I do my workouts in the morning for “me” time! He’s the type that would try to “direct” me in a weight workout (even though I’ve been doing this for 24 years, lol!) Yummy, enjoy your fondue dinner!

Amelia – I have all of the workouts you downloaded and they’re all winners! Let us know what you think of them. Once you use an iTrain or CC….it’s hard to run or walk on a treadmill without them. :) Aww, your niece sounds like such a cutie!

Heidi – It’s been a very busy week for you! Boy I can’t wait for DS to be out of school too. It’s such a relief not to wake him up 10 times in the morning, lol. I’ll be thinking of your family tomorrow. :(

Connie – Sorry you had such a tough day yesterday. You did wonderful staying on track and not getting derailed….rejoice in that! Good luck with the shopping and shoe shopping today. I have such finicky feet it’s hard for me to find shoes (although DH would disagree as I’ve managed to collect a closet full, lol!)

Gayle – I’m so sorry to hear about your best friends Mom! Wow, that is so sad but it sounds like she was very courageous. Working out and staying healthy in her memory would make her happy, I’m sure. (((big hug)))

Well, I had a very fun mish-mosh of a workout today. I started out with the first standing segment of Core Blast then did the standing portion of Gym Style Legs. I followed that up with the upper body/lower body premix of Bootcamp and tacked on a 2+ mile interval run using the warmup, challenge 3, and cooldown of CC Vol. 8. Altogether it was about an hour 20 minute workout but I felt so GREAT after it was over!

I had to get some dental work done this morning (I had three fillings re-done, the dentist replaced my old mercury fillings with porcelain). My mouth is still numb from my ear to my mouth. I thought about getting a cup of coffee but I’m not sure I could keep it from running out of my mouth (ha,ha!)

Kathy

Hi Kathy,

I just finished my workout. I decided on starting back easy.:)

Basic Step
Added on: lower body and stability ball abs all from this dvd.

Nice workout! I used a red tension band and 5# wts. For the step workout I used an 8# step.

I feel so much better!!! :+

I am having a strawberry and banana protein shake with 1 slice of low cal WhW toast w/peanut butter.

Going to take a shower and do some yard work before having to pick up DS from school. Also, picking up my oldest DS to come visit with us this evening. Boy...I can't tell you how much I miss him!

As for sons not waking up...I stand there until my DS climbs out of bed! Otherwise I would be doing the samething! ;-)

I can picture you now just trying to drink that coffee!:7 Hopefully you will have feeling back before lunch!

Well....have an awesome day!
BBL Heidi

Hey girls,just poppin in to report my workout! I did Itread 9 40mins...it was fun! Very challenging i didn't think i was going to make it through that 8% incline:eek:!Then i did about 15mins worth of abb work.

Kathy-i hope your able to drink coffee soon...ugh i hate the dentist,ive got two 'early' cavities that ive been putting off foreverx(

Heidi-Great workout,enjoy your time with your kids....your oldest DS must be in college? Ive still got a few years before i have to worry about that:)i start missing mine when they leave for grandmas for a night,LOL-how will i handle college??;-)

hey to everybody!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.