BFL For Tuesday May 20

Hey girls

fly by post here...doing LB today and a 20minute Dog walk then a 30minute PW on the TM...bbl to report everything:7

ETA-
Stephanie---high fives on your early morning workout done...woohooo!

Hey Amelia! Which LB WO are you doing today? Have fun walking the pup!

Melissa, loved your DD story from yesterday! What a cutie!

I read that Gayle is back from her trip! Welcome back Gayle!!!

Good Morning to you all,

Stephanie: Great job getting in your workout early! What is 10,10,10 like? Weight lifting or step?

Amelia: Have a great LB workout whichever you choose! How is the dog walking going? Are you the leader?;-)

Another one of those days yesterday.x( I hope today is better!

I am aiming for LowMax today. Will check-in later. I have to get DS off to school first which means I won't get to it until around 9am.

BBL Heidi
Hello to all that follow! :7

Morning Stephanie, Amelia, Heidi, and everyone else!
I ran 6 miles this morning using Cardio Coach Vol. 5. I forgot about the great challenges on this one!

I tested out the speed drills I'm going to start doing this week. They're called Yasso 800's and what you do is take your goal marathon finish time and run that time in .5 mile with minutes/seconds versus hours/minutes. So if I wanted a 4:45 marathon I would run 6.3 mph on the treadmill for half a mile....jog for a quarter mile....repeat as necessary.

I think I can do them at 6.6 mph on the treadmill (or 9:05 divided by 2 = 4:33 or thereabouts). So my new goal is to run at 6.6 mph for a half mile or 4:33. Hopefully that will put me at a 4:33 - 4:45 finish time for a marathon. I know TMI, but I just love running and anything to do with running, lol.

BBL for personals.

Kathy

Heidi, I hope you have a better day today! 10 -10 - 10 Format: 5 minute active warm up, 25 minutes intense kick-boxing, hi/lo and step aerobics, 15 minutes of all triceps exercises, Stretch 4 minutes. Lots of plyos...jacks, jumps, heel digs! Sweaty!

Kathy, wow! I never dreamed there were formulas like this! I may try this out too! Although I am not thinking of running a MARATHON!!! If I knew how to make MARATHON bold, I would! :) Have a great day!

Stephanie – Believe me, there a just as many running formulas as there are weightloss/bodyfat loss formulas out there, lol. Everyone’s got one. ;) I like these because they were thought up by a Runners World person that’s done about 50 marathons and he and tons of other people swear by them…(ha!…but you know what that means, I’ll probably be the first one to not make it work, lol). Great job on CTX 10*10*10! Are you enjoying the CTX series? It’s such a good one! Gee, I wish I could fit everything I want to do into my rotation. Of course I’d probably be exercising 12 hours a day!

Amelia – I hope you enjoy your workouts. Your walking partner is such a cutie!

Heidi – I hope today is better for you! Enjoy LowMax.

Kathy

Kathy, I know what you mean about fitting in all the exercises in a day! One day I want to run, but then feel guilty because I didn't do biceps, or whatever. I would love to run, outside or TM, 3x week then do 4DS or CTX rotation on the other 3 days. Do you think that would work? hmmmmm, I need to think about that...

Stephanie – I think either one would work perfectly together. You could do something like this (which would come out to about an hour a day)…

Mon: Run
Tues: CTX Upperbody premix
Wed: Run
Thurs: CTX Leaner Legs
Fri: Run
Sat: CTX cardio of choice (2 segments)
Sun: Rest

Or

Mon: Run
Tues: 4DS premix with Bootcamp Drills & upperbody
Wed: Run
Thurs: 4DS Kickbox cardio & Legs premix (w/calves)
Fri: Run
Sat: 4DS cardio (maybe the 2 step workouts)
Sun: Rest

Kathy

Good morning, BFLers! I'm all rested up and ready to get busy on some fun craft projects in these next 3 days. :)

I stuck to plan pretty well last night...but ended up really hungry. I think I need to make my 4th mini-meal (late afternoon snack) a bit more substantial and add a bit more protein. I ended up eating a bowl of whole grain lucky-type charms with skim milk before bed. It was delicious!! :9

I'm getting ready to do LowMax today too, Heidi!! :) I didn't get to it last night...fell asleep on the couch and just ran out of umphf for the day. Monday nights are usually like that for me.

Today's meal plan:
M1: oatmeal, 1/2 banana, protein powder, flaxseeds
M2: EAS lite chocolate fudge and maybe a couple walnuts
M3: ham and red-fat swiss on light ww bread with coleslaw
M4: salad with hard boiled egg, light ranch and wg croutons
M5: Shrimp Scampi with ezekiel spaghetti noodles
M6: lf cottage cheese and mixed berries

Stephanie~ Whoohoo on getting your workout done so early!
Amelia~ Enjoy that dog walk, I'm living vicariously through you! ;)
Heidi~ Let's burn up our legs with LowMax today!
Kathy~ ^5 on your 6 mile run! The Yasso 800s method sounds cool.
Gayle~ Welcome back!!
All who follow~ Morning! Let's give ourselves our best today!

Connie :)

Thanks Kathy! I think I will start the CTX rotation you prepared for me on Monday! I'll let you know how I make out! I am looking forward to getting back into my iTrain's! WHOOHOO!!

Connie, yummy meals planned again! What kinds of crafts do you do? I'm not a "crafty" person, but I do like to cross-stitch! Have fun with LowMax!

Melissa, what city are you going to in VA? I am 10 minutes from the VA border. You are probably going north or east...there's not much around these boondocks!

LowMax is done! I could only get through the 5th interval...but I'm still impressed I can do any of it! :+

Stephanie~ I make faux stained glass fish, greeting cards, and create various "scenes" with sea shells I find on the beach. Right now I'm making a fish mobile for my new niece. I've tried to cross stitch, but apparently I'm not a good counter. LOL

BBL... :)

Hey girls

Just popping in to report my workout! I did a 30minute doggie walk,then GS legs standing then a 20minute powerwalk. felt great and now my energy is through the roof!

Hey to everybody! Had a great dogwalk,she stayed either beside me or behind me! Poor thing,she was tired after 20minutes,LOL! I had to drag her home...she a little overweight!;-)

Connie-that LM is a toughy...i too can ony get through the 5interval!

Hi,

I just finished my workout…finally!

LowMax 1-4 Combos 45min
Ab Hits: MIS 8min

After dropping off DS to school I had to meet my DH at the garage again to drop off the van for a re-inspection. It passed this time around. Must have been Fords lousy van computers! I am no longer a Ford Fan!!! Never buying another Ford in my life-time!
(Pretty Harsh huh?)

Connie: How did you do with LowMax? I really like this workout but I didn’t have time to do all 7 combos today. It does work your legs pretty good!

Oh…I see you already finished! Great job getting to combo 5!

Kathy: Great run this morning with CC #5! Guess what…I broke down and downloaded it! I can’t wait to give it trial run!

Amelia: Great job on your walks! Your pup will sleep for the rest of the afternoon I am sure!

Well, off to the shower…BBL Heidi

Hi Gayle!!! Hope that you had a great time with your friend and family!
Hello to Michelle, Melissa, Sherry, Belinda and Carolyn! I hope that you are all doing well.:7

Great workout Amelia! So glad the pup behaved! Makes for a nicer walk!

Heidi, WOOHOO on the LowMax and Ab workouts! I hear ya on the Fords...that was my maiden name too! NOT a relative of the car OR the president! I got that alot when I was in grade school. Funny thing, there was a kid in my class named Jessie Chrysler. You can imagine the jokes on that! LOL Have a great afternoon!

Hi Stephanie and Ladies,

My friends son was named Ford for being born in the back of the old Ford pick-up.;-) I don't like turning away from Ford's but this last car has been terrible! It is a Ford Windstar van and has had more problems then I can count. My DH was looking on-line the other night and it seems all the troubles I have had are very common. They should have done a recall if it is this common!!!
Well....I guess I am buying a Honda Rav4 Sport. I hope to have better luck with this one!

Hey Kathy: I was listening to the CC #5 on my way to pick-up DS from school. Do you have an example program you use for this one. ie...level 2 hills and speed and so forth? Trying to figure out what or where I should be for these varying levels gets me confused. I guess it will be trial and error according to my HRM right? The music sounds very relaxing on this. :)

Time to head out again...DD needs to be picked up at the train station 2 towns over. BBL Heidi

Heidi, LOL on the kid named Ford! Poor guy!
When do you get your new Rav4? What color? How exciting!
I don't have nor know anything about Cardio Coach...should I even ask? :eek:

Heidi,
I used it a little different today (speed no incline). I was testing out what speed I wanted to run for the Yasso 800s. :)

Steady State: 5.7
Challenge 1: 6.6 for 4 minutes/5.7 for 2 minutes
Challenge 2: 6.6 for 1 minute/6.0 for 30 seconds
Challenge 3: 6.6 for 30 seconds/6.0 for 30 seconds
Cooldown: 6.0

Did you like it? I like the longer first challenge then two shorter...they're different so it keeps it interesting. :)

Kathy

Hi girls,

My laptop won't let me post anymore! Not sure what is going on? Yesterday I did S&H and today I did IMAX3! I am posting from my son's PC!
Have to go!

Have a great night!
Belinda

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.