BFL Tuesday....countdown to Christmas

Good morning, ladies! I posted yesterday afternoon, FINALLY! lol I over slept yesterday morning, so that pushed everything back for the entire day. I got my workout in yesterday after the bus came, but then my normal morning stuff didn't get done till after school, etc.

ANYWAY....I'm here now!

This morning's workout was iTread 13, 30 minutes Sprints. Then Ab Boot Camp.

It's COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLD out there. We walked to the busstop, which is just around the corner from my house and it was cold cold cold! LOL All the other moms drive their kids in their mini vans, while I stand there with my boys! lol Too funny! I promised them when the temps hit the teens, we'll drive! HA!

OK....doing my normal morning routine. PC stuff, then work, then we have an orthodontist appt after school, then basketball. All nice and spaced out, so no running around like nuts today!

BBL to say hi to you all!

Gayle

Good morning all!!

We were all wondering where you were yesterday Gayle. Don't you hate it when the morning throws off your entire day??

Well, I slept in yesterday - told all of you that I was going to do Butt&Gutt last night -- but, I have to be honest. I forgot that we all (me, and the 2 kids) had dentist appts last night. After she got done with all three of us - I walked out of there with my face numb all the way to my ear -- and didn't think a work out would be that "safe".

Soooo, I have to say -- I got up at 4:30 this morning! Happy dance!! The alarm went off at 4:30 and my DH jumped out of bed and turned the light on and told me he wasn't going to let me sleep in. So, he jumped on the elliptical and I did Butts&Gutts. :) I feel so good now -- just knowing the workout is done puts a smile on my face!

Tonight I'm cooking from EFL. It is the one with the taco meat and pasta. (I love this one!) It's easy because I can use the pasta and I get the taco shells for the kids -- that way we are ALL happy.

Chat with you later!
Michelle

Good Morning, Ladies :)

Gayle~ Hey your back! I saw you posted last night, we were wondering what happened to you, you are our early bird!!
Sounds like your body needed the extra rest, but I have to agree w/ you there, waking up late sometimes ruins the entire day! But, then again...I love to sleep :)
Great workout this morning! It is freezing out there this morning...I took the dogs out @ 6:30 and I was freezing my rear off. :)

Michelle~ that's great your DH works out with you! I wish my BF would, but honestly he thinks I'm insane. He says, he works out enough doing the day at work. Dinner sounds great, I will have to make that one, my DD loves anything w/ taco's! :9 That reminds me, my DD has a dentist appt sometime this month, just don't remember when.

Feeling a little better today, but not 100% up to par. At least it moved out of my head, now it's in my chest, and I can't breathe .. :( Hoping to get to the gym today at lunch and start C25k again (last time I only got past W1)...I'm not a big runner though, so I don't know if it's worth starting again. I have the premix of Step Blast scheduled for tonight, maybe that might be enough for today, what to you think? I love this premix (Blast 2-times), gets me sweating' good...and I use 2-risers, so I really get a good workout! :) I will finish up w/ some ab work.
Thinking about starting a 4-week rotation using the 4DS. I borrowed off of Wendy (6Swans4Me) while she is in Thailand visiting her family for 2-months. I heard people got great results w/ this series, looks like I will have to purchase additional dumbbells though, I only own upto 20 pds. :)

Meals have been 100% clean through this entire challenge, I am surprising myself :) I didn't get in M6 last night, but that's okay, appetite wasn't all there!

Hope you all have a great Tuesday!! :) :) :)

Be back later ~ Jenn ~
"Today is a Gift, Have Fun"

~Jennifer~

www.picturetrail.com/fitness-momx2

Hey Jennifer - I just got the e-mail from Cathe that my 4DS order just shipped - so I should have it in about a week -- and we all know Gayle is finally going to open hers after Christmas -- I'd love to have support for doing this rotation!

I've NEVER done a rotation before -- I think I'm going to need all the help I can to stay on track. The more the merrier, right?!

I agree with you -- from the forums it looks like tons of gals have had great results with this series!

Man, I need to stop procrastinating and get some work done!
Michelle

Hello!! I’m finally out of my PJS! I stayed in them on Sat. AND Sunday until about 11 am. Talk about lazy!!! My back is healing but still not healthy enough for lifting anything. I’ve done the cardio of Step Jump and Pump 4 days now tho to at least do something. I have not been able to drag myself out of bed in the mornings tho, which is my goal for next week! Today I think I may try Step Blast again and see how the back does.

Gayle: You are braver then me…brrrr. It’s only 50ish degrees in CA and I turned the heater on for the Dobe in her dog kennel.

Michelle: Does your DH have a brother you can send me for motivation! That’s so sweet of him! I love the EFL book!

Jennifer: Hope you are feeling better! I love Step Blast. I’ve only done the FitTV version but I think I may end up buying it.

Colleen

Hello everyone!:)

Just checking in today with LIC cardio blast timesaver Pre-mix, abs from B&G (awesome workout) finished this morning.}( Doing cardio first before weights gets me woken up so I guess this will be my new goal. Do cardio first then weights.

Later today I am going to add that leg workout I didn't do monday.
GS Legs

Gayle: Glad to hear from you! I know how hectic the daily run around with kids can be so you are forgiven. :) How did you like iTread 13? I just put this on my mp3 Saturday.
Weds: My DS has 1/2 day and a dentist appt. at 4pm. Must be that time of the year for all of us....6mo. dentist bookings.

Michelle: Like Gayle I have my 4-DS wrapped and waiting for me to open at Christmas. CAN'T WAIT! :p
My husband says he is going to workout with me but he ends up just starring at me and I get nervous. We do run together occasionally outdoors. We have done some fun races together too. We won't be running the yearly Jan 1st run here because I will be leaving for the Caymans at that time but will miss it. (Mmmm maybe I can get one set up down there with the family members) ;-)

Jennifer: Keep up with the soup and rest! It is hard to do cardio with your lungs like that so take extra time to recoup. Your body will thank you by recovering faster.:D

Colleen: I hope your back gets better soon. Light back stretching for you. Avoid low lunges on the step workouts...these are back killers. ie: LIC for instance.

It is freezing here too!:-( I don't like it when it is just really cold and no snow...like to run in this if it is snowing. Otherwise it is just cold and yucky.

Hope everyone has a great day! BBL Heidi:)

Hey guys. Just a quick post to say "HEY GUYS" lol. I'm headed right back out the door to get the kids out of school for our appointment.

As for 4DS....My 12 weeks will be up the Sunday before Christmas. I'm planning on taking that Sunday (the 23rd) as Free Day, then whatever strikes my fancy (whatever....Cathe, Tracey, iTreads, etc) for the remainder of that week till the following Sunday (the 30th)....and then Monday (New Year's Eve) I'll be picking up that 4DS case and ripping it open for THE VERY FIRST TIME and kicking in the 4DS rotation. I have a half marathon at the end of April, and my training will need to start NO LATER than Feb 1st...but I can incorporate that into ANYthing, really. That's the plan anyway...it may change later on, but for now that's on the horizon!

Sorry to hit and run!

Gayle

Hi Ladies .. :)

Just stopping in to say Hi ...

Just got back from the gym, pushed as hard as I could on the treadmill. My "10" was @ 7.0 mph for the last 30 sec @ 1.5 incline. I could feel my chest burning, so I don't think it was a good thing. I seriously felt like I was going to get sick...and I know it's b/c of this dang cold! :(
Not sure if I will get Step Blast in tonight...maybe just do the Blast -1- time around instead of -2-... I just don't feel I will be able to give it my all tonight.

I was thinking of doing the 4DS rotation sometime after Xmas, would this work for everyone, I would love to do it together? I want some more time to preview, the chorgeophy (s/p?) seems tricker in this series. What do you guys think?

Colleen~ I'm w/ you, I was in my PJ's all weekend, I finally got dressed to go to the store later Sunday afternoon...Felt good to relax for once though :) I'm glad your back is feeling better....that stinks it's still not up to par though :(

Heidi~ Wow, you have a schedule ahead of you w/ workouts! Great work! I will have to purchase B&G, I don't have this one.

Better go get some work done!
Be Back Later - :)

~Jennifer~

Hi Jennifer:

Please take it easy...I am afraid that too much right now is not a good idea. x( Go get your pj's and rest up for a few days until it is bettter. I have been reading some other posts and if you have what they have you could be in for it if you don't.

I want to be able to move on to 4-DS with you come January! :)

I will of course still be keeping it within the BFL schedule because I have been doing so good with this. I can't believe I have stayed with this program for this long. Checking in with you all has definetly helped me to be more aware of getting in my workouts and keeping my eating as clean as possible.

My January workout schedule is being made up this week but I have to start a little later because of my trip.:-( (Unless I can get to a gym down in Cayman...now there's an idea!) I will have to check with my husbands family to see if any of them go to one.

BBL :) Heidi

Hi Heidi~

Wow, Cayman...can I come :) I would love to take a vacation right now! Next vacation we take will be to Italy to visit his family. It's killing my BF, he hasn't been home for 5+ yrs now.

I know, this team is great! This is W5, and when I quit the last time. My eating hasn't been this great on any of the challenges I done previously.

I will have to check out the other posts, is everyone getting the same sickness going around? This has been hanging on since Thursday of last week, but hopefully it's on it's way out! :)
I guess your right, I put in a good HIIT session this afternoon, I just don't feel I gave it my all ...

How is everyones day going?

~Jennifer~

Hi Jennifer:

Just back in from picking up DS from school. It is snowing here and has been on and off all day. How is it out by you?

The other posters are from the Lose 10 by Christmas I believe. Maybe they are transferring their cold by internet...;-) NO COUGHING ON YOUR KEYBOARD! :D

Take Care of yourself...Tea and honey and lots of chicken soup. Of course this would have to an EC recipe.;-)

We are looking forward to our trip in January. All the family except for my oldest son will be going. We plan on staying for 12 days then coming back. However my DD and her grandmother will be staying on until the end of January. This is winter break for my DD and she really needs a break. In her staying on it will be good because she can keep an eye on her grandmother and come back through the airports with her.

I would love to have all of you come with me...what a time we would have for sure! :)

If all goes as planned, my husband might be planning on moving there. He has had enough of this area and needs a big change. Ok...it must be that 50 something life crises thing but he really needs a change of pace for sure.

Well...back to house duties...BBL :) Heidi

Hi Heidi~

LOL ~ I soon as I read your post about coughing on the keyboard, I coughed....:)
I was just in my supervisor's office, and she said, "Your sick, get out of here." LOL - She is the one that called me in.

I hear you about moving. I would love to get out of PA. My BF and I have talked about it, but we have a few more years until the kids are out of high school. My DS will be a senior next year, then my DD and his son will have 3 more years to go. I would love to move somewhere warm. :)

Send some of that snow this way. All I saw today was a few flurries here and there. I'm ready for a good snow storm! :) Then when it happens I want it to get away FAST, and bring summer on. :)

Little bit to go and I can go home and relax. I already have my lunches planned for tomorrow and Thrusday, just have to make up my few snacks and b'fast!
What type of snacks do you all eat? I am sort of getting tired of boiled eggs & Fruit - or- string cheese!

Talk to you little bit later~
Jenn

~Jennifer~

Hi Jennifer:

Mmmm snacks:

apple w/ peanut butter or nut butter
low fat soy or protein shake
unsalted nuts with fruit
low fat yogurt
fruit w/ cottage cheese
chicken, salmon or tuna on ww wraps
applesauce and cheese
raw veggies w/ cheese or cottage ch.
bowl of oatmeal makes a quick snack too. :)

Well time to run and get DD at train station. BBL

Hey guys! I am right there with you all on LOVING this check in. WHen/IF I start the 4DS rotation, I DO INTEND to stick with a BFL-style schedule AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE! I love the results WE ALL are getting and I'd love to continue that!

Snacks:
-apple and string cheese
-salsa chicken lo-carb wrap
-egg white salad with baked lo carb tortillas

Sorry to hit and run again...I'm at my parents' house and I have to go get DS at practice!

Gayle

Thanks for all the ideas for snacks, kind of getting bored here w/ CC/Yogurt the majority of the time!

Gayle~ How do you make you egg white salad? What type of tortilla have you been using? I think the last ones I picked up are by; LaBanderita (LoCarb,LoFat Soft Taco) 81 calories, 2G fat, 11G carbs, but has 6gm of fiber.

Tomorrow I made CC/Yogurt (of course, LOL) and 1-Large Protein Pancake for snacks. I have egg whites/lo-carb wrap for b'fast.

Off to go relax, I started Step Blast earlier and quit at #3, HIIT on treadmill was enough for today I think. Tomorrow is Legs, probably PLB!

Have a Great Night! :)

~Jennifer~

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.