BFL Tuesday (already?)

Good Tuesday morning! This week, I'm going to have to concentrate on not being a day behind everything! LOL

Laura-to answer your question from yesterday. My trainer said L-Glutamine helps the muscles recover quicker. Some say it helps DOMS subside quicker, but I don't konw how your would 'prove' that, lol.

OK, this morning's workout is done. Today's muscle of choice was Back!

Melissa-I liked what you said yesterday about feeling content. I had that same feeling all day yesterday. I toyed around the house while the kids played, then Dave came over with his kids and he joined the boys in a game of wiffle ball. His DD and I sat on the picnic table (newly-stained, I might add, by yours truly) and that CONTENT feeling was so overwhelming I almost had tears! We're lucky, aren't we, ladies???

OK...DS has an orthodontist appt this morning, then I'm going straight to work.

Gayle

Good Morning Gayle and all who follows!

We are lucky!!!! Most of the time I also feel that content,calm feeling and just smle:) I know the feeling you guys are talking about!

Gayle-Good job on your workout already! good luck at the orthodontist!

Hey to everybody

Today im leaning more and more towards a cirtuit...like LIC i haven't done the step part in that one in ages...then agian i may just do a powerwalk and then do an upperbody workout?

ok,bbl:)

Good morning ladies!

I agree, we are very lucky! Feeling content is probably one of the best feelings in the world, IMO.

UB today. And since I'm off, I'll get it done as soon as I get back from bringing DD to school. We slept a little late today and it felt sooooo good!!!!

BB in a little while!

Hello and Good Morning to you all,

Yup feeling very lucky! Lucky to have DH and my kids. Lucky that we are all healthy.

Today's goal:
SH upper
abs
run

Making pancakes right now.

BBL Heidi
Make it a good one!!!

Morning!
I totally agree….life is VERY good!

This morning I did the warmup of Mindy’s Med Ball Madness + PLB (standing only – subbed 4DS plie squats for leg presses) + PUB. Whew, I felt nice and worked over after that, lol!

Well, back to work. Oh how I wish these holiday weekends would never end!

I’ve also decided that I’m going to drop 5 – 8 lbs. in the next 8.5 weeks before the RT. I know what to do, just gotta do it. ;) Today is day one.

Kathy

Good morning girls,

I am back from San Antonio! Oh, boy! Did I got to know my DD BF the last few day's! I don't like him anymore and he will not come in my house anymore! I can't believe she wasting her time with a guy like that! I didn't raise her like that at all! I have been nothing but upset and stressed out the last two day! I will tell you girls more later

I need more coffee!
Belinda

Hi,

Kathy: WOW! Now that's a workout! I am with you on the lose 5-8#'s.
I just feel that I need to get back to basics and clean-eating. This whole weekend has been a bust.

Hey Belinda! Welcome back! Ya I know what you mean about DD's Boy friend...which is not anymore! She has been keeping him at a distance and being friends only. He has lied to her since day one about a prior girlfriend which has never broken off the relationship.

I am finished with my workout at last!
SH tri and bi plus abs.

Meals:
2c of coffee
protein pancakes w/light syrup
yogurt w/ blueberries

Going to have lunch w/DH. turkey sand.w/veggies

I have to run off to work as well. I will be back later this afternoon. :7
Heidi

Oh, Belinda. I'm sorry to hear about Alesia's BF. Can I be nosy and ask what made you think so lowly of him? Don't answer that if you think it's too personal. I just hope that OUR sweet WONDERFUL Alesia sees thru it all.

Kathy-How is Mindy's med ball workout?? I'm quite anxious to get Tracey's med ball hi/lo.

I'm stopping in real quick just to log my SECOND workout of the day! I got home from school and was in the mood for CARDIO, baby. So I decided to try 4DS Kickbox for the first time! I LOVE IT!!!! Cardio Kicks is my all-time face Cathe KB, but this 4DS KB is giving it a run for its money!

I'm headed outside without even showering to do some yard work. I have to rake and seed a big patch and they're calling for rain tonight so I'd like to get the seed down for a good soaking.

BBL

Gayle

Belinda – I’m sorry to hear that all is not well with Alesia’s boyfriend. I hope she listens to your opinion and sees that he may not be good for her. :(

Heidi – Great workout! Did you get a new Clean Eating Magazine? I’m thinking we should be getting another issue soon. ;)

Gayle – I really like the 4DS Kickbox too! I love Mindy’s Med Ball Madness. It’s athletic choreography and her cueing is excellent in this one (if you’ve tried any of her previous wkouts, you’ll know it hasn’t always been the best, lol). There aren’t any premixes but it’s really well chaptered. The main menu has – warmup/cardio/strength & intervals/standing core & floorwork/supine & prone core/stretch. I was able to get about 90% of the choreography the first time through (and I have two left feet). Most people would probably get 100% of it right away, lol! I wanted a “pure” med ball workout and that’s exactly what this is….you pick the ball up and don’t put it down for 52 minutes, lol. I used my 4 lb. ball but can probably use the 6 lb. next time now that I’ve done it once through.

Kathy

Kathy-thanks for the input on that workout!!! I MAY have to try it. I'm looking for some new fun stuff, while I wait for STS. I think I only have this week left with the trainer. She sent me my bill via pay pal, so tonight or tomorrow I'll have to break the news to her that it's not working out....kind of like breaking up! LOL

Speaking of this trainer, ladies, if you have any questions that you THINK I might be able to ask her before my time with her is UP, list them. Like I just said above, I think I have only this week, but I'd like to ask her a few questions before it expires. Thought I might extend the courtesy to you guys, if you have any questions.

Gayle

Hey girls:) just got through with my workout. It was fun! I did LIC and went heavy on most of the weights(not those one legged squat things,OMG i don't like those;-)).I also did the abbs in there!

Im sitting here sipping on a new protein shake i got over the weekend and im surprised by the taste,its pretty good! Its a soy powder,and i usually don't like soy anything:-(! Its EAS Advantedge Soy Protein. I mix it will f.f milk and a cap full of vanilla extract and its SO GOOD! And the best thing about it...it was only EIGHT BUCKS at walmart:7

High fives on all the workouts today!

Gayle-i planted some flower seeds over the weekend,'climbing cardinals'i hope they come up! I planted some about a week ago and they came up! What kind of seeds are you planting?

Hey to everybody:)

Gayle - what a thoughtful gesture to offer to ask your trainer any questions. You're a good egg!!;)

I actually have one and I think I may have asked you this on a previous days thread so you may already have the answer and I may have missed your reply. Anyway, I'm just curious as to why the short cardio before and after your weight sessions? Do you personally notice any benefit?

TIA!

Hi Kathy,

I just finished my dinner. I made the shiitake stir-fry w/ brown rice. It was really good but I added just a little more soy sauce to my bowl. This is out of the summer 2008 magazine. I hope that you get yours soon!

The Med ball routine sounds great! OhOh another to add to my wish list!;-)

Hello to Gayle,Amelia and Melissa!

Great job Amelia on your LIC workout!

Gayle: Nice job on adding a little extra..or should I say a big cardio burn!!!

Have a great night everyone! Oh...still no new car!!! Maybe tomorrow it will be ready. Still having registry issues!

Take Care,
Heidi

Better to post late than never!

No workout yet – scheduled to do GS BSB tonight. I have eaten very clean yesterday and today (well, a few tortilla chips, but only a few as I get dinner going.) Heading out to grill chicken now instead of pizza!

I’m on board with the drop 5-8 pounds, but I’d like to be more ambitious and set the goal for July 4th, only 5 weeks away. Since the kids have 3 weeks left on school, the homework/projects have already started to dwindle, so I should be able to focus on me more.

Gayle – Glad you finally tried 4DS Kickbox. It is my favorite workout in that series.

Amelia – I may have to try that protein powder – only $8!.

Melissa – Hope you enjoyed your day off.

Heidi – Did you make enough pancakes for all? Hope the car comes through soon.

Kathy – See above! I’m in for the weight loss.

Belinda – OOH, so sorry about your weekend.

Connie – Hey, you are doing great! Such awesome willpower to not dive into food when you were feeling down. I think you’ve turned a corner.

Hello to all else.

Ladies, I'm always on board with the dropping 5-8 pounds, it's the actual "dropping it" that's the problem!! ;) :7

I'll take that challenge though!! WE CAN DO IT!!

Starting tomorrow though, okay?! I gave into a scoop of cookies and cream iced cream tonight. It was just one scoop, I swear!! I'll count it as a cheat meal and move on. It was sooooo worth it!!!

Hi girls,

I started Debbie's "Muscle Building & Defining Rotation" today!

I did S&H Chest only/Power Hour Chest only, Coremax1 and I will do yoga later!

I will bb for personals tomorrow!

Belinda

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.