BFL Tuesday

GOOD MORNING!

Michelle-to answer your question from last night, I LOVE the EFL cookbook. And I think that if you are going to use it during a challenge, that's fine. Like you said, though, you need to control your portions. But I think the recipes are FAB, DELISH, and if using that cookbook keeps you on track, then by all means....DO IT! Speaking of which, I've been meaning to make that double fudge protein pudding (or whatever it's called, lol) for WEEKS!

OK, it's Tuesday and the Free Day bloat/cotton mouth is GONE! lol

I was up early this morning for my workout. I did the newest iTread, set 25, 40 minutes, Top 40. It was 40 minutes of FUN and SWEAT! It was a hilly run, and fast at the end where I just felt like I could keep running and running and running! lol Then I followed it up with abs from Muscle Endurance and abs from Boot Camp. OUCH! lol

How are you ladies doing for your holiday shopping??? I'm just waiting on a few packages to arrive this week, and I think I'm DONE! I did more online shopping this year than EVER before, and that really helped me keep my sanity, save gas and energy. I LOVE Amazon.com! lol

OK...bbl. Time to get some things done around the house here!

Gayle

Good Morning, Ladies ~ :)

Had a great leg workout last night. Did GS Legs, and felt every bit of it. I really focused, and pushed through the heel, I was feeling it in my bum :)
Forgot to wear my knee brace, so my knee is flared up a bit today.
Today is cardio..I would normally do step, but since my knee is a little achy, I will go to the gym and hit the elliptical.

Getting kind of depressed w/ the holidays coming near. We are so behind on our finances their is going to be no Xmas at our house. It helps that the kids are older, but it still hurts. I don't think we are even going to get a tree this year, if I do it's going to be a bush like tree that they sell at produce junction...LOL

I do finally go to court w/ my ex this Friday. He hasn't paid me a dime in child support for 3+ years. Last time I asked him for support, he told me I don't need help, I have my BF.
God Bless my BF, he is working 2- jobs right now just to support the family. He is not responsible for my kids at all, but treats them like his own. This is not fair to him that there Dad doesn't pay a dime! For a while there, my ex wasn't working...he was living off of his GF. Now that he started a good job, I am going to get what I can! The kids deserve it, I'm just sorry I waited so long!
Ok, enough of my whining, sorry!

How is everyone today? It's another miserable day, it looks like it's going to rain, but they said it's just going to be cloudy.

Gayle~ Sounds like you had a great workout! Speaking of the EFL cookbook, did you ever get the one we ordered a few weeks back? I haven't heard anything!

Be back Later~ :)

"Today is a Gift, Have Fun"

~Jennifer~

www.picturetrail.com/fitness-momx2

Good morning ladies -

Gayle - so glad to hear you think the EFL recipes are okay to use. For some reason, I just don't like shakes -- so I NEED recipes. You HAVE to try the chocolate protein pudding. I eat it ALL the time. It takes 30 seconds to whip up. Last night I made the spag and meatballs. DH and the kids sat down and gobbled it up. They had NO IDEA it was turkey meatballs and whole wheat pasta. :) I was struggling with finding a protein to eat this morning - so I had a turkey meatball at 6:30 a.m. -- I know, kind of gross.

Jennifer -- I am so sorry. How does your X get off not paying for three years?? Once he gets a job can't you garnish his wages? That really burns me -- so you can whine to us whenever you want. As for Christmas - we used to always have a real tree -- then one year finances weren't so good and we bought a fake one from Walmart. I remember at the time it was even cheaper than buying a real one. It has been probably 7 years - and we still put this one up. It still looks good and doesn't cost us dime!! :)

My calves are feeling much better. I "attempted" the low impact step of 4DS AGAIN. Man I have two left feet. How embarrasing when you think you are doing good, dancing right along with Cathe, and then she says, "That's it for the warm-up." Okay, ladies, I now have the steps to the "warm-up" down!! :( How embarrasing!

Gotta run for now!
Michelle

Hey ladies.

Jennifer-that sux about the X. Those kids deserve much better than a sperm donor! Hopefully, the courts will help this time around!!! As for the EFL book, I got a shipping notice the other day. I'm patiently waiting! lol

Michelle-I eat soup for breakfast sometimes! LOL

Last night I made a pot of Tuscan Chicken Soup. YUMMY! I'll have it later for lunch and let you know how it is. It's BFL-friendly, AND it's a soup...my FAVORITE type of dish!

Headed to work!

Gayle

Hi Ladies~ :)

Workout is complete. I did Hill Plus/Intervals on the elliptical for 35 minutes. (4.00+ miles - 305 calories), but you know the machines are normally way off.

You know, while working out there was a trainer, training this woman. The entire time all they did was giggle and flirt. I was watching some of the exercises he had her doing, (Bulgarian Squats, duck lunges, etc. )...and her knees were so over her toes, she was hunched over. He did nothing to correct her form. Sorry, I guess I am spoiled by Cathe's training, LOL :) Why pay someone if they don't show you how to do it correctly. Ok, vent over! LOL :)

It's been pretty hectic here at work again, but I feel better that I got my workout out of the way and when I get home I can relax :) Of course this never happens b/c their is normally plenty to do....

Off to heat up my turkey breast for lunch. I am so bored of Turkey & Chicken. You ladies have any new ideas for me? Maybe, I will make egg salad for lunch tomorrow w/ a side salad...need to really change things up a bit.

BBL~

~Jennifer~

Jennifer -- oooohhh egg salad sounds good. I think that's what I'll be doing tonight.

Okay, is Peanut Butter totally off limits??

Do you have the EFL book? I could send you a couple of my favorites from it if you like -- they have a chicken enchillada recipe that is to die for!! And like I said, I had the spag and meatballs last night (would have sworn I was eating real meatballs instead of turkey!!).

Where are you other ladies??? It's been quiet today.

Michelle

Michelle-I think PB is totally off limits! lol I'm not sure. Have you ever tried PB2??? It's a powdered peanut butter that you mix with water to reconstitute. It's YUMMY and is an AWESOME and healthier alternative to normal PB. The website is: http://www.bellplantation.com/

Jennifer-how about tuna salad? I LOVE my tuna (and egg whites, too) mixed with Miracle Whip lite. Just enough to add that tang. I like to wrap my tuna and egg salads up in low carb wraps. Or make Salsa Chicken. How about an apple with 2 or 3 string cheeses? That's one of my FAVORITE meals!

OH...and EFL cookbook was on my front porch when I left to go to work! YEAH!

Gayle

Thanks Ladies~ :)

Egg White salad, YUM! :9 How about Helman's Reduced Fat mayo? I hate Miracle Whip. How many egg whites do you use, 3-4?

Oh, good! Maybe I will get lucky and my EFL book will be here today. I did order it a few days after you though!

I will have to try the PB. I love PB!! I have natural PB at home, I think it's Smuckers and it's horrible.

~Jennifer~

And instead of miracle whip -- try a dab of horseradish -- now that adds some tang!!

Gayle - I'm lost I thought you had the EFL cookbook?? You knew about the chocolate protein pudding. Okay, is there another cookbook? I don't want to be missing out!! :)

Michelle

Good morning! Woohoo 2 whole days in a row I got up and got my workout in! It is a much better way to start my day. Some of the stress at my job may go away today or shortly as our hospital is in a heated battle over a trauma designation with another hospital and it’s turned into a political battle. It would be nice to win, but at this point I confess I just want to be done with it.

Michelle: I live by the EFL book. I do mentally calculate the recipes myself because some of them are a tad carb heavy for me. If I make those recipes, I add extra protein. But I also eat WW bread, pasta and crackers and a lot of people avoid those also. My fav meals are the turkey meatloaf and the stir fry with ground turkey and rice. On another site, I also got a turkey chili recipe that’s easy an simple, brown 1 lb lean ground turkey, put in crockpot, add 2 cans of beans (I use white and black), 2 cans of canned tomatoes and 1 packet of chili seasoning. Cook for 6 hours on low and your done. I also used to use a lot of these recipes: http://maggiewang.com/category/fitness-and-health/recipes/ Also, I eat PB in moderation as a fat source.

Gayle: We haven’t started holiday shoping this year. DH just started his own construction business a year ago and boy is it tough. Plus with the cancer dog, we spend on average $1,000 a month. However, I just found out he has a ton of mileage points on his AMEX card which we can turn into gift certificates!!!

Jennifer: Good luck in court! DH has 2 sons from a previous marriage and it’s one of the first bills we always pay!!

Colleen

Colleen -

Glad to hear I can use EFL and not feel guilty. See, the working out in the morning is helping your stress, isn't it? No tummy ache today?

Okay, now I NEED to follow your lead and get up in the mornings. Once again I'm here at work knowing that tonight I HAVE to workout. Boy would I feel good right now knowing the workout was done. :)

Thanks for the website with recipes -- I'm going to check it out right now!

Michelle
P.S. Have you tried the enchilladas from EFL yet???

MMMMMMMMMMMMM...horseradish in egg/tuna salad. I WILL be trying that SOON!

Michelle-I had borrowed the EFL cookbook from my Library and had it for a month. lol I couldn't renew it anymore, and I was BUMMED. But I'm also cheap, so I wouldn't pay full price, then I found it on sale for $5 (11 with shipping), so I took the plunge!

Colleen-WOO HOO on 2 days in a row....keep doing it one day at a time and it will become a habit! I'm on auto-pilot at this week 11 point! lol The alarm goes off, I rub my eyes, chug same water, put on the specs...all before even taking the covers off of my! lol

Gayle

Hey guys. Are any of you NOT hungry during the day??? Monday I wasn't really all that hungry, due to all the JUNK I ate Sunday Free Day. Not unusual. But I ate at my scheduled times. But TODAY. The only meal I was actually HUNGRY for was breakfast. Stomach growling and everything. But the rest of the day, it was as if I could just pass that meal by and wait for the next one. I just ate my soup for dinner, but I wasn't really all that hungry.

Does that ever happen to you? I'm afraid the scale will show the eating-when-not-hungry results on Sunday! lol

Gayle

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.