BFL TUESDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good morning, ladies. It's Tuesday, the rain has stopped and the sun is coming out! I can't believe it was in the 50s when I took the kids to the busstop at 7:45 this morning! When does Winter start? lol

OK....first, my workout. I overslept. Not sure why, but I did. I did have time for a workout, just not the iTread 24 (60min) that I planned. So I went with iTread 13, 30 minutes, but about 15 mintues in my battery died on my mp3 player. I didn't feel like stopping, so I just did intervals on my own, topping out at 9.3 mph (about a 6:27 mile). Then I followed with abs. I joined an Ab Boot Camp Challenge for the next 4 weeks over at the BFL tracker, so I did that routine. Tough.

I'm glad the kids are back in school. I was about to tie them up and tuck them in my pantry for a few hours. lol We were all getting on each other's nerves. The topper was yesterday afternoon. My friend brought her 3 kids here so she could run errands. They were all in the basement, and even though they KNOW not to go in my workout area, there they were....playing a game on the blue puzzle mats with my stability ball. What happens? DS bounces the ball, shatters the bulb, which in turn sliced my ball. So I go down to shop vac up the mess and send the kids upstairs. I turn off the vac and I here my boys running around upstairs SCREAMING at each other! I go to run up the stairs, cutting the corner too short and BANG my knee on the edge of the wooden staircase. OUCH!!! You should have heard some of the words I was muffling behind my lips. lol GEESH! TIME TO GO BACK TO SCHOOL! LOL

But yesterday was a success in a HUGE way. Yesterday was the type of day that would have set me off on an emotional eating binge, which most likely would have lasted for 4-6 days. But I hunkered down and didn't even crave ANYthing (other than peace and quiet). So...lesson learned.

Now...I have to finish here, then drop my car off for an oil change. I'll walk to work from there.

OH! On the open topic forum, someone posted a recipe for mini egg white quiches. You guys should try them. I made them last night. I made 3 versions....the original with spinach, a version with broccoli, and a version with broccoli and diced leftover turkey breast. ALL YUMMY! And all BFL-friendly! Worth a try!

Gotta scoot. BBL sometime to say HI to everybody that stops by!

Gayle

p.s. OH!!!!! One more thing...do any of you have the George Foreman Grill or Rotisserie???

Good Morning Everyone,

Gayle: This reminds me of my two boys using my bands for sling shots! If there is one thing I have learned from having kids is that nothing is really yours. Everything I have gets used or taken and then mis-placed so I have to go on a treasure hunt. At times it is just really frustrating but I have to remind myself that the kids are only young once and this too will pass.
Good job on keeping things in perspective and not going on that eating binge...it's just not worth it. A good hard run cures all aggravations.

I didn't sleep well at all last night. I was up for hours tossing and turning trying to get my husband to stop snoring! I ended by getting up around 3am and taking 2 advil for a bad headache coming on. My alarm went off at 4:45 and I kept hitting the snooze button. I finally got up at 5:30 and had a cup of coffee and shower. Woke my DD up to have her catch the 7am train but of course she missed it my seconds. I had to pick up my oldest son to drive him to Salem for Jury Duty. Rushed back home to get my youngest son off to school and here I am totally exhausted.

My plan for today was: KPC...but I think tonight I will do a iTread cardio run instead. Just too tired right now to even think of jumping around.
Had my breakfast burrito and a glass of soy milk so now I am going to lay down for a little bit. My son should be calling me shortly anyway for me to pick him up again.

I hope everyone has a great day! :D BBL

Gayle,
You really have had a day! Does it make you appreciate the non-exciting days more or what? Will you have to order another stability ball or do you have aback=up.
I am very happy to know you did not put your energy into food with all that going on.
I can't believe you overslept.I bet it had something to do with the type of day you had yesterday but way to go anyway with getting your workout in.
Guess what I did today Gayle?You would be so proud. I got up at 5am drank coffee for an hour and worked out at 6am.I just did a cardio for an hour and abs for 15 min. I loved it that I was done and dressed by 7:30 this morning.
By the way, how is your knee? It must be OK if you could workout.You are tough girl.
I will be back .It is a home school day today.
Veronika

Hello Heidi,
I missed you all.My sister-in -law is in from Michigan and I have been spending a lot of time with her. I wish she lived here.
Wow, you do a lot of driving.I feel that way too but my running around starts at 2pm and doesn't end until 7pm.It gets crazy but I do like it.We live in a small town so there is no traffic.Thank goodness.
I wanted to do KPC today but changed my mind last minute.
You go and lay down.I might be following in your footsteps since I got up so early. First time in many years that I did a workout while it is still dark outside.I really liked it.
BBL
Veronika

Hey Veronika!

Welcome Back! Glad you are here and getting in your workout so early.
What an accomplishment to have it out of the way for the day.

Here I am, Starry eyed, coffee in hand and on my way out the door to pick up my son in Salem. I will come back in a little bit but just wanted to let you know I peeked in to see who else checked in today.

Have a great day with the kids!:)

Heidi

Hi Ladies :)

Home sick from work today, this stomach bug will not ease up. It seems to get worse when I have problems w/ my kids. Yesterday afternoon I thought I was getting better. I sat down, had something for dinner and then both my DD and DS start fighting, that set my stomach into flip-flops again.

I actually just got out of bed to catch up on my meals. I had my B'fast at 7 a.m. before dropping them off to school and then went back to bed.

I am going to try and workout tonight. Power Yoga was my idea, as I want to try and limit some of my cardio and see where that takes me. Yesterday was S&H Legs/Shoulders.

My boss just called me to make sure I was okay. She never got my message this morning saying I was out sick. Now I feel bad, thinking I should go in, but that's not going to happen.

Gayle~ Are you have trouble getting into BFL Tracker? I have been having problems since yesterday...
Sounds like you had your hands full yesterday! My kids are always playing w/ my ball, they think it's a toy and chase the dogs w/ it.

BBL to catch up!

"Today is a Gift, Have Fun"

~Jennifer~

www.picturetrail.com/fitness-momx2

Gayle~ I have the George Foreman grill - the big outside one. I normally use it alot during the summer. Thinking about it I should bring it in and clean it off and start using it again. I had the counter top one, but my ex destroyed it ..

"Today is a Gift, Have Fun"

~Jennifer~

www.picturetrail.com/fitness-momx2

Hey guys! Just a quickie post....I'm knee-deep in balancing my checkbook and doing Christmas shopping! LOL What a combo, hugh?

Jennifer-yes....I've been trying since yesterday as well to get on the Tracker, but it's down.

Sorry for no more personals. I want to get this done before the kids get off the bus!

Gayle

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.