BFL Tuesday 1/22

Hi ladies!!

I'm loving today -- I can post all I want!! Har har!! I did my 20 minutes on the elliptical and kept my pace up the entire 20 minutes. Hey, it was a small goal, but a goal. Remember at the beggining just doing 20 minutes was tough! :)

I am sweating buckets and ready to start the day!!

I hope all you drag yourselves out of bed after sleeping in yesterday!! Must be nice! :)

Belinda - you are killing me. I post at work too!! Since we were so slow at work yesterday it was killing me!! :)

Gotta go pull the kiddos out of bed for school -- that's going to be tough!!

Michelle

Good morning girls,

I am dragging today! It is raining here in Germany! I need sunshine! It is after lunch and still no workout! I need to wake up!

Sherry**what workout are you doing today?

Michelle** great job with your workout this morning!

Have a nice day!
Belinda
http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid16930497

It's Tuesday, back to school and work. Kind of liked resting yesterday.

Today was cardio. I was so stiff this morning and actually thought about not doing it, but then I heard all of you in my head, so I did some low intensity step. The stiffness is from PLB yesterday, which while I was doing it I thought I should have heavied up. I'm glad I didn't. As the day went on, I got tighter (happens when all you do is curl up and read all day - but finished the book). Now, I feel much better - I got a workout in and I can move.

Michelle - Great way to start the day. Glad someone was "at the gym" with me.

Belinda - How are DOMS after the heavy lifting yesterday?

Heidi - OMG that's a lot of work to do on a house! We don't do rewiring electric and only minor plumbing, But at least the basics. We do need to figure something out about the upstairs flooring.

Kathy - I listen to books on tape all the time, since I have a 35minutes commute each way. Our library has a great selection. Right now I seem to be stuck in England - Alison Weir's biographies, Phillipa Gregory's fiction. I'm sure Jane Austen is just around the corner.

Gayle - Yes, I agree, maybe planning better on a free day would help. Which other Gregory books are on your list? Our library has most of them on tape, but the waiting list is soooo long.

Melissa - But didn't you enjoy the day off, even if you didn't post as much? I know I needed the 3 day weekend.

Carolyn - How are the DOMS today? I don't have that one . . . yet.

Jean - I don't know if anyone answered your question, but I'm sure you can make them with egg beaters.

Ok, now gotta run and get the day rolling! Have a great one!

Hello and Good Morning,

Oh....I did say that I was not going to post until I got through my workout didn't I. ;-)

Michelle: Great work sticking with the pace on the elliptical.:7 That is a great feeling when your done.

Sherry: Ohhh:eek: Doesn't it feel better to loosen up those legs with an easy step routine? This helps me after a heavy leg workout.

Back to the old grind here too. DS doesn't want to move but he has to go to school. He had a cold during this long weekend. I think he is well enough to go just the same. DH is back to work....we'll see how long he lasts. ;-)

Belinda: I really feel for you on the dragging feeling. I felt like this over the weekend and my run wasn't all that great. Once you get moving I think you'll feel better.
What is your workout for today?
Have a great one what ever you decide. :D

Goal for today:
Get in my workout I planned for yesterday.
PLB...going to do the floor work first then the standing. I think for me this will work better. I am wiped out if I do the standing part first and feel like I don't put in the effort I should for the floor work. I will let you know how this works out.

BBL...AFTER MY WORKOUT! ;-) Heidi
Have a great day everyone!

Good morning to everybody!!! I’m late today! SORRY! I didn’t make it back online yesterday for a few reasons, one of them being that the kids kept me busy most of the day. BUT……….here's the other

I have a confession to make. Yesterday, I (figuratively speaking here) stumbled, fell and the wagon ran over me with all of you riding on it! LOL Yesterday I ate, and ate, and ate. I was fine till about 2pm, when my friend had my kids at her house so I ran errands. At the mall, I found myself buying a pretzel (those ones dipped in butter) with icing. It was all downhill from there. My parents and I took the kids to Applebee’s for dinner. Cheeseburger and fries; not to mention dessert. I won’t bore you with the REST of the evening, but it’s enough to say that yesterday is going to HAVE to be this week’s Free Day. I woke up feeling icky, and yucky, and LATE! But I forced myself to the basement, where I got in my workout.

When this happens, I tend to shell up, stay away from the PC and these boards, and wallow in self-pity. NOT THIS TIME! I've taken responsibility for my actions, and I'm MOVING ON!!!!!!!!!!!!

Workout was 6 miles, using iTread set 1. I haven’t done this one in a long time, and it was FUN!

SO…………..today I wrote down in my journal about yesterday’s stumble. I set some goals for today, and now I have to pick myself up by my boot straps and MOVE FORWARD!

I still have to go back and read yesterday’s posts. I hope I didn’t miss anything big!

Michelle-great workout on the ellip! I’m assuming you’re logging your time, distance, etc…right???

Belinda-Any luck with the mp3 player???

Sherry-PLB gets me every single time! Not kidding, either. EVERY time! As for the Gregory book, I actually BOUGHT The Boleyn Inheritance yesterday while at the mall (just before my pretzel escapde, lol). I don’t usually buy books, but I was returning one that I got as a gift so I picked up this one and another one from a different author (can’t remember the title right now).

Heidi-let us know how it goes doing the floor work first! LOL I’ve never thought of that!

OK…after the kids got on the bus, I quick put in a batch of Turkey Black Bean Chili in the crockpot, so that will be ready for dinner (and the next 5 days)! Smells YUMMY!

BBL

Gayle

Michelle – Great job on the elliptical this morning!

Belinda – Rainy days, cold days are the worst. I can’t wait for Spring and it’s only January. Your workout yesterday was great, I meant to come back and tell you.

Sherry – I felt the same way this morning, cold and uninspired to get up! I love books on tape, me and DH share a subscription (2 books a month) and I like it when he gives me his credit, lol. I try to choose unabridged books because there’s usually 12-17 hours of good listening. I tend to like mysteries and biographies. I appreciate all the great book ideas I’m getting from you all!

Heidi – You’re very handy if you can do electrical and plumbing, that’s THE most expensive labor on remodels. I’ve never flipped the floor work with the standing on PLB, you’ll have to tell us how that goes. I tend to feel rushed toward the end (I’m usually running upstairs to wake my son up for school).

Gayle – Awww, DO NOT feel bad! We’re all human and it’s all part of the process. You’ve made an amazing transformation, you should be very proud of yourself! You’re the bomb to us, so just dust off and move on (which it looks like you’re doing now). :) Great workout this morning, too!

Well, I got up really late this morning. The alarm went off and I thought “why is the alarm going off on Saturday?” LOL, wishful thinking I guess. I only had time for a 3.5 mile run using iTread 26 (I’m loving that workout, it’s such a nice tempo run).

I promised myself that I would cut me some slack…not beat myself up if I didn’t run exactly what I planned….so I actually got my 6 miles in (between yesterday and today)…that’s me being positive about it, lol. :) I know my long runs on the weekend are the most crucial for the marathon so “lighten up”, right? Ugh.

Hi to Melissa, Jean, Susan, & Carolyn! (I hope I didn't miss anyone).

Kathy

Hey Kathy! Funny what you say about lightening up if you don't hit your mileage goal! While I was doing iTread 1 this morning, I kept thinking to myself that I just HAD to hit the 6 mile mark, since that's what's scheduled for today. HAD TO GET IN 6!!!!!!!!!! But I promised myself the exact SAME THING THAT YOU DID! That I won't add that pressure to me. Just do the workout, and focus on the long run!

Thanks, also for the encouraging words about yesterday. Yesterday's binge was a HUGE stumbling block for me. It was my first all-out binge since I started Oct 1st, and it scared me, to be quite honest.
Usually, I hibernate, crawl inside myself and leave the boards for several days until something finally gets me back out here. BUT NOT THIS TIME! Last night I gave myself a pep talk before putting my head on my pillow. I actually SPOKE TO MYSELF OUT LOUD! LOL I put a stop to it right then and there. BACK ON TRACK FOR ME! Nip it in the bud and move on!

(ok, that was another pep talk to myself, and anybody else if you needed it, lol).

KEEP ON TRUCKIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gayle

Hi girls,

I am done with my workout! I did KPC” Intermediate+Combo#1+High= 53 min.

Heidi** enjoy PLB today! Did it work for you better with the floor work first?

Gayle** sorry I had to laugh when I read your post! We are all human right? Nice job on your 6 mile run! Alesia has been sick, so she couldn’t look! Someone posted websites with iPods and MP3 players on the OF! I will check into that! I will download iTrain on my DH iPod for Thrusday! At least it will get my started!

Off to the shower and I still have to eat lunch!
Belinda

Hi again!

Belinda - Thought I was going to have to come give you a shove this morning -- but now I see you did it to yourself -- good job on KPC!! We don't have any sunshine here either -- well, except here on the Cathe boards! :)

Sherry - Good seeing you at gym this morning! I used to always add in 'rests' days when I got DOMS. Now that I'm on the BFL program I haven't done that -- and I've discovered there isn't anything better than a good cardio workout to get rid of the DOMS!! Glad you did it!!

Heidi - that is such a great idea to do the floor work first on PLB. I always struggle with doing it at the end! I will try that tomorrow!

Kathy - I agree, lighten up on yourself. If you need beating up, we'll do it it ya!! You've been doing awesome!!!

Gayle, Gayle, Gayle -- we are all so glad you are human. :) har har!! Now when you stray ALWAYS come to the boards -- that's what we are here for!! I have found I feel better when I just admit it and then I can totally move on -- otherwise, I'm constantly thinking about it. Anyway, I tried the Weight Watchers meal at Applebee's this weekend and it was awful. I could barely chew the steak that was all of the size of a quarter. So, be glad you got your moneys worth!! :) (P.S. - You are still superwoman to me!!)

Okay, one more thing -- yes, yes, y'all have to read Time Traveler's Wife -- I even made my DH read it and he loved it. :)

Michelle

Thanks, Belinda & Michelle! Yeah...that cheeseburger (and the fries, lol) WERE VERY GOOD! But I was still tasting it the second time around this morning with indigestion during my run! LOL Leftovers? lol

OK.......I REALLY DO FEEL SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better having just admitted it and got it out in the open. This (almost) exact same thing happened to me in Challenge 1 (although not as severe), around week 4 I belive, so maybe it's the week number! LOL But THAT time the nibbling and noshing lasted 2 1/2 days! I finally picked myself up that Wednesday and started fresh that Thursday. At least THIS time around was FASTER AND SOONER! Thing is, I still took my Free Day on that Sunday so that I wouldn't 'mentall' get deprived.

ANYWAY....ENOUGH talking about that. It's in the past. Time to tuck in the cape so nobody sees it and OFF I GO!

I'm even WALKING TO WORK....and it's like 17 degrees out there! LOL My little nose is going to freeze right off my face! BBL, after I defrost!

Gayle

Gayle - so glad you have dusted yourself off and moved on -- now I hope you have defrosted! You know I felt so much better a few weeks ago when I admitted I ate those 4 slices of pizza. Ooooops, I didn't post that here, did I??!! (That was suppose to be a secret!)

As to your question - Am I logging my time and miles? Are you kidding?!! Yes, I'm going for 20 minutes and my distance is however far it takes me until I can't breath! :) (I know you are laughing, but I'm serious!)

Michelle

Good Morning Ladies,

Today is S/H legs againx( . I found a Cathe rotation that is Slow & Heavy with GS mixed in there. I was struggling each day on what to do so I hope this works for me.

I have severe DOMS from yesterdays S/H chest and back. I went really heavy on some of the back work (50lbs, I usually stick around 35 lbs)x(

Gayle - Move on and put the binging behind you :) Just think of how much your metabolism is burning today trying to keep us with what you ate. Nothing wrong with SHOCKING your body once in a while:p

Belinda - We have cold,rainy weather today as well. I'm not motivated at all today.

Sherry - The DOMS are bad today. I definitely need a massage:+

Hello to everyone else.

Carolyn

Hi and Ya...I am back!

I did it! I reversed the routine for PLB and it worked out great! Although...doing the floor work first was still tough but found that I could really give it my all on the leg lifts on the stability ball.
I started laughing when I went to walk over to the DvD player to change back to the begining and my legs shaking even from just doing this portion. :) I walked it out for a few minutes and then continued with the standing portion.

I finished up my workout with CoreMax abs #1.

Hi Gayle...been there on that eating frenzie. So...just begin a new day. ;-) Great run for you this morning.

Carolyn: I like using the S&H series too. Last BFL challenge I alternated between the S&H, GS and PLB/PUB dvd's. Changing up made a big difference for me because my muscles were always confused. :D
I think jumping from 35 to 50#'s might have been too much of a leap. Try 40#'s or even mid-way at 37 and slowly work your way up. Over all this would be a better way to go.

I have actually had to cut back on my weights lately. Most likely because I have been missing so many of my workouts lately. Today's lowerbody workout was done with DB's at 2X 8,10 and 12's. So total weight used would be 16,20 and 24#'s. I too am going to be working my way back up again.

Belinda: Great job on that KPC workout! }(

Hi Kathy: Even though you only had time to do 1/2 of iTread 26 that is still a great workout in itself. I look forward to downloading this one next month from iTrain for free.:)

Well time for that shower....Hello to everyone that I haven't checked out yet. I will come back and read the rest of the posts from this morning. Have a great day! BBL Heidi

Hi everyone!

Heidi - I LOVE the idea of doing floorwork first, I ALWAYS skip floorwork. Gonna try it on Friday.

Sherry - I really did enjoy my day off even though I couldn't post as much. Me and DD had a nice little "chick-day"!!

Gayle - ^^^^^5's on coming clean about being un-clean AND getting back on track! I'm sure that cheeseburger and fries was delish, mine certainly was ;-) . Now it's time to GET BACK TO BUSINESS!!!!!!!!!!

Michelle - you make me :) every time you post!!! I'm going to check out Time Traveler's Wife.

Waves "HI!" to Kathy, Belinda and Carolyn!! I hope I didn't miss anyone!

HIIT for tonight. Might do Imax2 blast only premix again. LOVED IT!!

M#1: eqq-white quiche & sweet potato fries
M#2: apple & string cheese
M#3: salad w/ 1/2 c black beans, 1/4 c edamame, 1/4 c cranberries & veggies
M#4: veggie chili
M#5: 2 cherry tomato meatballs, 1/2 c brown rice & brocolli
M#6: protein shake or maybe w/w bread w/ 1/2 T natural pb

Oops - typo for me --

In my first post this morning I meant Melissa - you are killing me that you post at work too!

Sorry, -- I guess I was just thinking about you Belinda - since you are one of my morning gals!!

I must have had sweat in my eyes when I was typing! :)

Michelle

Melissa - I was just wondering where you were -- I know you are at work -- so I KNOW you have time to post today!! he he !! Me Too!!

Michelle

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.