BFL for Tue Mar 11th 2008

Hi girls,

I am done with IMAX 1! I did all 10 intervals! I have to go grocery shopping! I will be back later!

Have a great day!
Belinda

Good morning!

Belinda - Way to go on all 10 intervals!

Carolyn - I'm sure your glutes will be feeling B&G later today.

I did get in GS chest & Triceps last night, and this morning I stumbled through BM2 tiemsaver cardio. Seems like my body and mind are taking a bit longer to adjust to eh time change than I was hoping for.

Now, off to shower and get ready for work. Everyone have a great day!

Good morning ladies. We're off to a WONDERFUL start, aren't we???

Belinda-I haven't done the original IMax in AGES! I may just have to do that soon! Great job!

Carolyn-with an evil laugh I'm saying, "ENJOY B&G"! LOL

Sherry-I really enjoy the cardio in BM2! Great job!

I, for one, don't really ever have a problem adjusting to the time change. Never really did. But I konw several people that just take a while to get used to it! I remember the first time I tried to explain to my kids about changing the clocks. It was 2 years ago, I think, and I was putting the kids to bed and older DS wanted me to change his clock before I tucked him in. He kept his eyes on the windows, looking outside, as I changed his clock and when I asked him what he was looking at, he said he was watching to see the sky get dark when I switched the clock! LOL Too funny!

Anyway....

This morning's workout is DONE! iTread 13 Sprints and stability ball abs from B&G! My shins have been burning the last few times I've run (and on my walks to and from school). I'm a BIT (just a little bit) worried about it. This morning's run, they weren't as bad as the last few days, but they got increasingly HOT toward the end of my sprints. I'll have to see what's up with THAT!

OK...time to get the kiddos breakfast and dressed. I'll be back after they get on the bus!

Gayle

Good Morning to you all,

Is it time to get up! Oh..I am so exhausted today. Out late picking up my son from his new job last night and didn't get into bed until after 12.

Last night I got in my cardio for today. iTread Tread N Tush. I have a meeting this morning and won't be back until late.

Belinda: Great job on Imax! Enjoy the rest of your day.

Carolyn: Feel the DOMS LATER!}(

Sherry: Have a great workout with B&G. I really like that one too.

Gayle: Good for you for getting in I13. I would be a little worried about your shins. Do you have any tender spots or small bumps on the bone that shouldn't be there? A couple years ago I had a similar feeling but kept running and then found out I had a cracked tibia!
BE CAREFUL! You might want to check it out with your doc to make sure that there aren't any stress fractures going on. Oh...I knew from the lump on my shin it was broken and had to demand an X-ray. You should have seen the docs face when we looked at the X-ray together! Needless to say I changed docs!!!!

Take Care everyone and have a safe fun workout today. BBL Heidi

Good Morning Ladies,

Im doing lowmax premix 2 and abbs today! I will be back with personals afterwards:)!

Everybody have a tigerific tuesday!!!

Morning!
I'm dragging from the time change, lol. I did manage to get up on time though.

I just couldn't get my butt downstairs last night to do upper body so I did PUB this morning followed by a 4 mile run. I need to get in abs tomorrow, too.

BBL,
Kathy

Me again!

Heidi-no visible bumps or bruising. I'm hoping the fact that things were a LITTLE better this morning means that whatever is going on in that area is starting to heal. I'll be able to gauge it, also, when I walk to the school later this morning. Thanks for your input, too!

Hi, Kathy & Amelia!

Gayle

Good morning BFL CHICKS!!!

Belinda - Imax 1...I don't think I have that one. I might need to buy it!

Carolyn - Good luck with Butts & Guts, that is one tough workout.

Sherry & Kathy - I'm with you on the time change. Yesterday was awful but today I'm feeling more on track.

Gayle - LOL about DS looking out the window while you were changing his clock. I'm surprised DD didn't ask about why we change the clocks since she questions everything else!!

Amelia - is LowMax premix 2 all of the blasts or is it 1/2 of the workout? I think I might do LowMax tonight. It's a good leg workout!

Hi Heidi!!

Okay, I'm not pleased at all with my LB workout last night. I don't know if it's because I switched up the exercises and tried some new ones or what. I think I'll do LowMax tonight. I always get a good leg workout from that one. Maybe I'll do the blasts only.

Meals for today:

M#1: protein pancakes
M#2: wrap w/grilled chicken & veggies
M#3: turkey black bean chili
M#4: salad w/grilled chicken
M#5: 4 oz haddock, sweet potato & carrots
M#6: 1/2 c oatmeal, 1/2 cup skim milk & 1T flaxseed

Everyone have a great day! I do not feel like being at work today. Maybe I should play "half-day hookie"?!

Hey, where's Michelle been? Is she MIA or am I just not paying attention?

Hi girls,

I am back form the grocery store! I wanted to make Goulash for my DH today, but our commissary didn’t have any beef stew! They had fresh chicken half price, so I ended up buying a few chickens and turkey! So tonight my DH gets a nice baked whole chicken with fries and corn! I don’t need to buy anymore chicken and turkey for a long time!Even with the half price off, I spent a lot of money! Prices are going up!

Carolyn**great workout last night! Enjoy Butts and Guts tonight! B&G is a good leg burner!

Sherry**great job on the GS workout last night! Great choice with BM2 timesaver! Love that one! Have a great day at work!

Gayle**after reading your post last night, I really wanted to go for a run today! I am coming down with a cold! I didn’t want to drive to the gym! Nice workout!

Heidi** your poor girl! WOW! Getting your workout done last night! Awesome job! I hope you get a nap in today!

Amelia** enjoy Low Max today! Its one of my fav. workouts!

Kathy** sending you energy vibes! We have a time change next week! Excellent workout this morning!

Melissa** IMAX 1 is an older one! Do you have Rhythmic step? Enjoy Low Max tonight!

Off to start cooking!BBL!
Belinda

Hello all. Still not adjusted to the time change. Of course, ya'll already know I get tired a lot, so any little tweak of the schedule is sure to just make me more tired.

I didn't do my workout first thing this morning, but managed to do it after dropping Isaac off at the bus stop. I did Low Max intervals 1-4 on a 4" step holding my medicine ball during the blasts. I only had to pause and move Ewan off my step a couple of times. I did it with my laptop in the dining room, where there's more room for those grapevines off the side. I'm glad I did it today instead of Sunday when I had planned it because my quads would never have made it--I did better even with the higher impact 4DS HIS that day just because there's less lunging, squatting, etc. My quads aren't so bad today, thank goodness.

OK, hope to BBL but need to go shower now.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com
dream blog: http://dreamerfig.blogspot.com
http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif
If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/f]

Hello,

Just peeking in...

Amelia and Kathy, Why is it that with just such a small change in time we get so off track? Hopefully in the next week we will all be feeling back to normal.
Great job on your workout Kathy.:)

Amelia: Have a blast with LowMax. I really like that one for a conditioning leg workout. :)

Gayle: So glad for you that you don't seem to any stress fractures. Still....if you are still feeling that burning sensation with a pinching feeling...please get it checked just in case. Believe me when I say this because I didn't realize that I had a serious problem until the X-ray.

Melissa: I know what you mean about not wanting to be at work! I feel like falling asleep right here on my keyboard...ZZZZZZZZ.
Have a great workout tonight! :)
As for Michelle...isn't she in the middle of moving to a new place?

Belinda: Your dinner sounds great! :9 I know what I am making for DH tonight thanks for the idea. Last night I made him Curried Chicken,corn bread and veggies with pineapple bread. This is all from recipes from the Cayman islands. His aunt sent me a cookbook because she knows I like to try out new things. It was a hit with everyone. I didn't eat the corn/pineapple bread because it was not BFL friendly.

Well...I guess I better get back to work. Have a great day! BBL Heidi

Hi Lainie!

We posted at the same time.

Great job in getting in your workout today! }(

Have a good day and hopefully be able to stay awake! I am having trouble big time! For lunch I am going for a walk outside. This should help.

Take care,
Heidi

Hi Heidi!

Yes, now that you mention that, I remember reading Michelle's post about her moving.

Okay, back to napping on my keyboard...

Quick check in.

Things are going really bad at work so I haven't been on here as much as I usually am.

This morning was Irongirls Runervals Workout A. Figured do the easier one. Yeah right. It was tough for me and I can tell I don't have any breathing capacity. I really couldn't run over 5mph because I could't get going. I was still happy with it. There is a lady who is pregnant in the workout but she did really well.

Hope everyone is doing well. Still have this nagging cough and from what I hear, the cough lingers and lingers. Oh lucky me.

Rhonda

Hey girls,done with lowmax premix 2(melissa,this the second half of the workout)my dh is getting agravated with me being on the computer so i have to go...I will try and read todays thead tonight after putting the kids to sleep...bbl:)

Hi Belinda:

Here You Go!

All recipes are from Miss Cleo's Cayman Kitchen "Treasured Recipes from East End"

Cleo's Cayman Style Cornbread

1-1/2C yellow cornmeal
3/4 flour
1/4 sugar (you could cut calories by using splenda)
4tsp baking powder
1/2tsp salt
1-1/4C evaporated milk (they call it cream)
2lrg eggs, lightly beaten
1/2C margarine, melted (cool! so it does not precook eggs:) )

Preheat oven 400F
Pam/butter or grease 8" square baking pan

mix all dry ingredients in bowl with wire wisk

mix all wet ingredients in mixing bowl then add in all dry ingredients and mix until blended

Bake 20-25min until golden brown on top and knife inserted comes out clean. Don't over bake because it will become dry. Makes 9 squares

Pineapple Bread

Makes 3 loaves (good for giving to friends or freezing for later)

1-1/4C butter, softened
1-1/2C sugar (again you could use splenda)
3lrg eggs, beaten
2 8ounce cans crushed pinapple w/juice
3tsp baking soda, dissolved in 2 tablespoons of water
6C flour
3tsp salt

Preheat oven 350F Lightly grease three 8X4" loaf pans
In large mixing bowl, cram the butter and sugar until light
Add eggs slowly until blended
Stir in pineapple w/juice
Mix in dry ingredients
Divide into 3 pans Bake for 30min or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.

Curried Chicken:

1 3-4lb frying chicken, cut into 12 pieces. ( I used skinless/boneless chicken breasts, About 6, Cut these in 1/2 and then into strips)
Salt/pepper
2-3Tbl oil ( I used canola)
1 med onion, chopped
1 small green pepper, chopped
3Tbl curry powder (I didn't realize how spicy this was so use to your taste :) )
1tsp salt
1tsp black pepper
2 Irish potatoes, peeled and cut into pieces/or pre-cook 2C of rice to mix in later
Chicken broth (if needed to to cook potatoes)

Clean chicken, sprinkle with salt pepper
Cook chicken,onion,pepper,curry powder and salt in heated oil until chicken is no longer pink.
Add in potatoes w/chicken broth if needed to help cook them (this also helps make the gravy when using potatoes)
Or add in rice
Cover and turn heat to low to steam for about 20min. Stir periodically to keep from sticking.

For a vegetable: Your choice of Salad greens, spinach or broccoli
(Or something green :) ) ENJOY!

Have a great night! BBL Heidi

Hello Rhonda and Amelia!

Rhonda: Good for you for not giving up! It is really hard to breath when you have any type of cold. Get well soon!:)

Amelia: Great job on your workout!:)

Take Care,
Heidi

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.