BFL for Tue Mar 04th 2008

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning girls,

My entire UB is sore this morning! I will do HIS today! I just love that one!

I am still debating if I should keep the BB set! I still haven’t opened it! I know the price is good, but I will never use 300 pounds!

Sherry** are you still shopping for a BB? Did you found one?

Rhonda** how did you won your Olympic BB, plates, squat rack, bench, attachments?? Do you like the BB?

Carolyn** you should use your Olympic BB!

Hi to everyone that follows!
Have a great workout and day!
Belinda

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid16930497

Hi girls,

I am back to report my workout, I did HIS for the 4DS! I love the 4DS!

Have a great workout!
Belinda

Good morning Belinda! I came here BEFORE my workout just to see if I could beat you to the post! HA! Not so!

I'm headed to the basement now. On tap is a 60 min iTread (need 7 miles this morning) then 4DS legs & core.

Be back after I'm done and sweaty!

Gayle

NO ONE beats Belinda - ha ha! :)

I'm checking in pre-workout too. Kickbox from 4DS on tap.

Yesterday with trainer we started using kettlebells - very different and cool....kind of like big round weights with handles, and you swing them in different ways. My core remembers them only too well this AM...

Have great workouts everyone!

Christina

Good morning! I am checking in pre-workout too!

I have never posted first either! Heck, I wouldn't even know how! LOL

Belinda, I'm sorry about your ordeal with the bb set. I hope you can get what you want/like. Great workout too!

Gayle, I hope you enjoyed your run and legs/abs workout! Was the basement cold?

Christina, I love kickbox from 4-Day Split! Did you like using kettlebells?

bbl after MIC Hi/Lo...I WILL whip this wokout, one day! ;-)

Hey ladies -

Yup there was one day when I logged on and Belinda hadn't posted and I truly didn't know what to do!! I just logged back out. he he!!

Okay, now I truly do need to get on the 4DS bandwagon. I stuck to my elliptical this morning - but even with Coach Sean voice keeping me going - a girl needs a change now and then! :)

BBL -
Michelle

Good morning!

My you were a chatty bunch yesterday! It took me a while to read through the list. Thanks for all of the suggestions for working with the GS’s to run. I figure we’ll start about mid-April, which will give them 4-5 weeks to get ready. That should be enough for ½ mile. They’ll get a shirt for doing the race, so I’m sure we can come up with small things to get them motivated for training. We’re using most of the cookie sale money to go to camp this summer, and the rest we’re trying to plan a day of learning to sail. Not much left for other things, so need to keep the incentives cheap.

Cardio today – LIS. Not as much pep today. I’ve been watching my sleep patterns and think that is another part of my puzzle. I’m only averaging 6-1/2 -7 hours per night. Think I better start getting more because I’ve been reading how more sleep does equate to better weight loss (helps the body relax and recover.)

Yesterday I did give in to a small piece of cake. It was small one, so not too bad. We’re so glad he was able to bring the baby home and so far she is perfectly healthy. It was really nice of everyone to show him the support.

Belinda – No, I haven’t found a Bb yet. I think it will need to wait until next month since STS wiped out any fun money this month. But go ahead and open your new set. You continue to amaze me with your weights. With 25# flies, you might just surpisre yourself. Plus you’ll want the variety of weights. I’m proud I’m doing 15# flies, but a bit scared to move to 20#’s. I think I need to get some Pace Weights to gradually get there.

Gayle – Enjoy your workout. I thought you’d like the 4DS weight work for a change of pace. Thanks for the ideas for getting the girls to train.

Christina – Getting to the push-ups on toes has been so much work! I really believe the heavier weight work is getting me there. I’d be afraid to use kettleballs at home. I can just see it flinging free from my hands and straight into the TV!

Stephanie – I’m sure you will feel such a sense of accomplishment with completing your first race. I know I did. We’ll all be cheering for you. Glad you had a nice weekend with your mom.

Heidi – No, I haven’t been using a scale. Probably should get one since that would make it a lot easier. This time I know how much turkey I bought, and then watched how much was palm size, which was about double of what I had been doing. Oh well, I’m still learning. As for 4DS weights, I’ve been doing them as they are laid out, and I’m using heavier weights than my max for BFL since it’s less reps. Believe me, I’m definitely feeling it the next day! Oh, and I’m doing the 4DS alternating cardio and weight days since that’s the amount of time that I have.

Michelle – Welcome back! We were thinking about you. Glad that your back has healed and you are ready to continue on your journey.

Carolyn – Sorry I can’t help you on suggestions. I’m not where I thought I’d be either. I just try to keep focusing on the positive, that I’m better than I was when I started.
As it gets nicer and light out longer at night, I’ll be adding running into the mix, hoping that increase in cardio makes a difference.

Rhonda – Here in MI we need to enjoy the nice days when we can. So far I’ve just done 5K’s. Getting out to run is hard when it’s dark and cold. And really I just dread the treadmill.

Melissa – Remember that they say it’s 80% what you eat and only 20% exercise. Looks like you found the right formula.

Kathy – How do you keep your balance with that much weight on the static lunges? Heavy weights with squats are no problem, but I tend to start falling on those.

Lanie – Sounds like your PT session was pretty intense. Good job making sure you got the abs done.

Off to enhance the world with more car parts! Hope everyone has a fun-filled day!

Hello and Good Morning to all,

Belinda: Great job on HIS. My upper body is way too sore for Boot camp that I had planned. I also woke with headache so I guess it is a good hard run for me today.

Gayle: Legs and Core today huh? Which iTread are you doing? I am doing #12 this morning. Haven't tried it yet for I just downloaded it the 1st. Cant' wait!

Christina: You'll like the KB if you haven't done this one yet. I started off on this yesterday (warm-up portion) when I realized I was doing the wrong DVD for the upper body workout.
Kettlebells...now that's a new one! It sounds like it ranks up there with using 8# medicine balls. :)

Stephanie: Have a great workout with MIC. That is a good one!

Michelle: Good workout on your elliptical. How about joining me tomorrow for legs and core from 4DS?}(

Have to get the troops moving. I will be back later after my workout. Have a great day. Heidi :7

Morning everyone!
I took a rest day today and slept in, it felt great!

Belinda – Great workout! I’d keep the barbell, it’s nice to have a weight selection when you want to go heavy (especially if you pre-ordered STS!)

Gayle – You’re probably either running or lifting your heart out downstairs! Hope you have a great workout.

Christina – I’ve read a lot about kettlebells and have been curious. I even picked up a couple of them at Target and put them in my basket but then put them back! I couldn’t justify the expense at that time ($40 or a 15 lb. and $50 for a 20 lb.) which I would probably “outgrow” right away!

Stephanie - Wow, you do MIC hi/lo? Yikes that baby is killer!!!

Michelle – LOL, yeah I’ve never been first either! I love Coach Sean’s voice, it keeps you moving!

Heidi – You’ll have to tell us how you like iTread 12. Which one did you get (a 60 minute?) Great job on the weights yesterday, too

Sherry – I’m sure your GS’s will do great with the ½ mile race training. Kids are so energetic and get in shape so fast, it won’t take long. Yeah, sleep is very important to recovery. Your body can only handle so many “stresses” on it before it slows down on it’s own. Oh, I have to really “tighten” my core to keep my balance. I found out how important back strength is to squatting and lunging after my surgery. I lost a lot of it and had to “rebuild” that as well as my leg strength!

Hello to all that follow!

Kathy

Morning Ladies,

I always feel like I'm late to post also. Belinda will always be the first to post being in a different time zone.

Today I will try all upper body from 4DS, maybe. I'll let you know what I end up doing.

BBL, Carolyn

Christine-I have to admit that I am SOOOOOO interested and VERY tempted by the kettlebells. I’ve heard such awesome things about them, and I’m wondering how they are! I’m holding strong on my spending freeze though, FOR NOW! LOL

Stephanie-OH! MIC! Now THAT’S cardio, honey! LOL That’s an awesome cardio workout. And my basement was actually pretty comfortable this morning! It was a balmy 55 degrees! LOL

Michelle-COME ON the 4DS party coach! lol I figure it can’t hurt to FINALLY try it, right?

Heidi-let me know how 12 is! I did set 9. I LOVED IT! (see my review down further).

Sherry-I can’t wait to hear how the girls do in their training and the event! I LOVE getting the kids involved in HEALTHY stuff!

Kathy-sounds like you need the rest! The mileage is piling up now! Enjoy the day ‘off’!

Belinda-you’ve become our Early Birdy! LOL! Good thing you’re several timze zones ahead of us, or I’d think you’re an insomniac! HA

OK! Workout is DONE and I could literally ring the sweat out of my clothes! LOL I did iTread 9. It’s in 4 phases, and each one has a long sprint/interval. This workout is “all about the mileage”, according to Grace. She shoots to get the walkers to 4 miles, joggers to 6 and runners to 7! Which is right where I wanted to be! There are 3 small hills of 2% throughout the workout, and there is one last 1-minute long hill of 3% at the end, but other than that it’s a flat workout. I LOVED IT! I came in JUST under 7, at 6.8, so I sprinted it out till I hit 7! Then I did 4DS Legs! Ah shucks! I ran out of time for Core! HA! But I’ll tack it on to tomorrow’s workout! I liked the Legs portion. Different. I have to increase the weights from what Cathe uses to really feel like I’m getting an ‘awesome’ workout, but this was a GOOD workout to tack on a run day without totally killing my legs!

Right now, I’m enjoying EFL Fortified French Toast for FREE DAY, BABY! YUMMY!

OH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I got “the call” last night, letting me know that at tonight’s PTA meeting, they will be nominating ME for PTA President. I, of course, accepted that, but I will formally be doing that at tonight’s meeting! Now, unless somebody else steps up and opposes me and nominates themselves, then I’m IT! (we are expecting 1 lady to do so, but we’ll see).

OK…I better stop chatting and get the kids ready for the bus!

BBL

Gayle

Hi,

Gayle: Good Luck tonight! Congrats on being nominated for PTA President.:)
I love that iTread 9! It is such a great workout to fit in between sets for upper body days.

Still waiting for dear son.

Kathy: Enjoy your free day!
Thanks...that was a great workout yesterday. I am sure feeling the increase in weights today! I am doing iTread #12 45min. I will be getting to it after DS goes to school.

Carolyn: Have a great workout with 4DS All upper. Be prepared for DOMS after! }(

Sherry: On my days that I don't feel like you do today...LIS is such a great way to wake up. Have fun. :)
Thank you for the info. for 4DS. I went up from 12 to 15s on flyes. On 1 arm rows...15 to 20's. Underhand row...20 to a big jump of 35! I am definetly feeling it today! My shoulders are fried also.

Car troubles for you heh? I am done with that and when my DH comes back we will be looking for another car. This van has been giving me grief and I really don't want to put anymore money into it. I wish you luck in your car repairs.

Well...it's that time. BBL Heidi Have a great day everyone!

Hey guys!

Heidi-I'm feeling a bit tight in my upper body (shoulders, mostly) from yesterday. I was thinking I'd be sportin' some DOMS! lol I'm going to be interseted in hearing what weights everybody's using for these 4DS workouts.

Gayle

Done with MIC! Cathe looks so cute! Her hair is short and she is not as defined as she is now. It's neat to see her progress through the years! I keep telling myself that she has to work for it too! Next is MIS abs... should have done that one first! I'm going to have to have a stern talk with myself to make sure it gets done!

Michelle, I'm thinking of hitchin' a ride on the wagon too. Let me know when you're on, as I may join you!

Heidi, so sorry to hear about your headache! :( I had a killer one yesterday. Run it out girl! I've done what you did with 4-Day Split, thinking you're warming up for one workout and find...WRONG ONE! Enjoy your workout! DH is coming home tomorrow?

Sherry, that's great that you found you aren't sleeping enough. The body amazes me. I found journaling meals, sleep and exercise is an asset to my challenge. When something changes, good or bad, I can usually go back and see what I did/didn't do and correct it. It took awhile to start, but now I fly through it! Your 15# flies are great! Gayle mentioned awhile back about weighted gloves, thanks Gayle, you enabler you! ;), so I purchased some. Mine are 2# each and you can take it down to 1#. I have also been looking at Pace Weights. Let me know if you get them!

Kathy, congratulations on sleeping late! You work so hard so you deserve it! Thanks for the lunge tip. I have a bad lower back so I need to be very careful! Enjoy your day!

President Gayle, congratulations! That other lady can't hold a candle to you! :7 You said iTread 9 is in 4 phases...can I just do 1 or 2 and cool down? Great job on increasing your weights! Enjoy your free day! Do you end up eating "free" all day, or just a meal?

Stephanie-I'll make is a free DAY, but I'm still eating meals and snacks at my normal meal times throughout the day, and in CONTROLLED portions! GOOD WORKOUT!

Gayle

Hi,

Back from dropping off DS. I am ready to workoff this headache!

Hi Stephanie: My DH is coming tomorrow night. I talked to him last night on SKYPE. It was good to see him for I haven't since last week thurs. He was as red as a cooked lobster! OH NO!!!! He had rented a motorcycle for the day and before he knew what happened he was well cooked. The sun must have been pretty strong yesterday.
The kids all got to see him and made fun of him. :) He turned even more red... all in fun of course.;-)

Great job on MIC! NOW Go get them abs in girl!:)

I think the samething when I see Cathe when I do SH.

Have a great day! It is actually pretty sunny here now. Temps are about 45. Now I am debating whether I should run outside!
Nah... With this headache I want to be able to hide my red eyes and stop if needed. So on to the treadmill! Maybe later this afternoon my DD and I can go for a run together.
We went for a fast mountain hike yesterday afternoon. It was a little nippy but really good to get out there for some fresh air.
BBL Heidi

Heidi-I was debating with myself also, about running indoors or outdoors! The temps today are in the 50s, but we're supposed to get HEAVY rains starting this afternoon! But you know what??? After this morning's iTread session....I'm GLAD I worked it hard on the TM! Grace just has a way of pushing you and NOT letting you slack off on the machine!

Enjoy!

Gayle

I woke up early to work out. Then I didn't do it. Well, I sort of halfheartedly tried--I pulled out a workout I hadn't tried yet--Trainer's Edge Cardio Interval Training with Petra Kolber, but I couldn't really get into it. Then I flipped through my DVD binder looking for something else. Finally I decided to do LIC Cardio Blast premix, but it was late to start, so I woke the kids and fed them, got the big one off to school. Now I'm sitting here (still haven't worked out) and I have heartburn. x(

I need to get up off my heinie and work out soon. The weather is nice (50's) but it's supposed to rain later--I think it's also a bit muddy and slushy from melted snow--hate to take my new Ryka walking shoes out in that, so I think I'll stick to LIC. Maybe it'll burn off the heartburn or something.

BBL for personals.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com
dream blog: http://dreamerfig.blogspot.com
http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif

If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/f]

Good morning everyone! I just want to go on record that I beat Belinda ONCE. And it's only because I had just come home from ER with DH and it was 1:00 in the morning!!!! It'll probably never happen again and I'm cool with that.:7

Belinda - why don't you want to keep your bb set? Do you just think that you won't use it?

Christina - I have a 20lb kettlebell that I got for Christmas and I love it. I haven't tried a true kettlebell workout yet though. I find uses for it though and it is fun!

Stephanie - I don't have MIC, but I heard that it's a doozie!

Michelle - you so have to hop on the 4DS bandwagon. I love 4DS!

Heidi - you can run with a headache? You are a WARRIOR! It's nice and mild in MA today, huh?! I hope it last long enough to melt all this dirty snow!

Sherry - the activities you have planned for your GS's sound like so much fun!

Gayle - good luck on your PTA PRESIDENCY! I hope you get it!

Hi to Kathy & Carolyn & Lainie and anyone else I missed.

Tonight is HIIT, but not sure what I'm going to do yet.

M#1: coffee/vanilla protein shake
M#2: beef & barley soup
M#3: salad w/ left over steak (3oz) and veggies
M#4: apple & 1T natural pb
M#5: 1/2 c pasta, veggies & grilled chicken
M#6: 1/2 c oatmeal, 1/2 c skim milk

BBL!

Hi girls,

Gayle** sorry, you didn’t beat me this morning! You worked your legs too? Tomorrow is leg day? Enjoy your free day! Oh, I don’t post before 8 or 9 am my time! Congrats on being nominated for PTA President!

Christina** fantastic job on your abs! I love the 4DS kickbox! Do you have kettlebells at home too? They do sound interesting! Gayle** sorry, you didn’t beat me this morning! LOL! Glad you had a good run this morning

Stephanie** I will pulled MIC out this week! How did you like it?

Michelle** go get the 4 DS out, they are so much fun! Great job on your elliptical this morning!

Heidi** I will join you with 4DS legs and core tomorrow! Great job on your run! That UB workout got us good! LOL! Even my back is sore! I am sorry to hear about your headache, hope it is gone by now! Glad you had fun mountain hike yesterday!

Sherry**great workout choice this morning! Yah, I should open my BB set! Tomorrow is leg day!

Kathy** enjoy your rest day today! You are right; I wouldn’t have to buy any more weights! I will open the bb!

Carolyn** how did you like the 4DS UB? They are so much fun!

Melissa** will I ever use 300 pounds? I would use the bb only for legs/back and bi! The plates alone are very expensive! I am going to open it! Enjoy your day and workout!

Belinda

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid16930497

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.