BFL for Thursday April 24

Good Morning girls

Stephanie-Good morning,have fun with your workout,it looks like a goodie!

Today is LB for me,im not exactly sure which one i will do but i have PLB on my journal. Im just not looking froward to all those plate changes :+ Im feeling lazy!

Hey to everybody! bbl

Good Morning to you all,

Hi Stephanie: Have a great workout with LIS.

Hello Amelia: May I suggest B&G's? ;-) }( Wow! That's all I can say. It is tough and I am still feeling it. Have a great workout which ever you decide on.:)

Today is cardio.
iTread #9

BBL Heidi
Have a great day!

Good morning ladies!
Today I did iTread iTRI Reverse (bike/elliptical/treadmill). My total time was 45:41 with a calorie burn of 401 calories and an avg heartrate of 152 and max heart rate of 170. :)

Be back later for personals,
Kathy

Good Morning Ladies,

Today is sa rest day. Tennis Match on tap for today, last one.

Heidi you were right, I am sporting total body DOMS today. It hurts so good!

Be back after my match

Hello ladies! Last night was bis & tris for me. I worked them till they begged for mercy, so hopefully I will feel some DOMS today. I'll do my run tonight and then LB tomorrow. I WISH I liked working Lower Body more. I really dread it though. I'm ok with squats, but HATE lunges with a passion. Ok, enough whining! ;)

Eating is going better. I did not starve last night although I ate the same amount of food as I did the day before and thankfully dinner satisfied me. I did drink 1/2 a shake last night with no ill effects so hopefully I am getting used to them. I have one on tap for lunch today, so we'll see. After I use up this box though, I'm thinking of switching over to BSN Dessert and seeing how that works. Do any of you guys use that - any favorite flavors? I have a gold card with GNC, so if I buy some next Thursday, I will get 20% off (they have a sale the first 7 days of every month).

I hope you all are having a lovely Friday-eve!!!

Hi again!
Stephanie – I hope you had a great workout!

Amelia – I hate all the plate changes on PLB, too! Sometimes I use dumbbells so I don’t have to change!

Heidi – I hope you enjoy iTread #9. That’s such a great one, I should do it more often!

Carolyn – Good luck with your tennis match!

Liann – I’ve tried just about every protein powder out there, lol! My personal favorites so far are Isopure (which is a little pricey but the pineapple/orange/banana flavor is SO good!) and Muscle Milk Light (in Chocolate Peanut Butter). I also like Elite protein powder in Chocolate Mint that I get at the Vitamin Shoppe. HTH.

Well, I’ve been on a quest to find a good pair of triathlon and bike shorts. I ordered a couple of pair from Nashbar.com and tried them on last night. UGH! The triathlon shorts “dipped” in the front and I felt like my belly was hanging out…ick! And the bike shorts were the opposite….the waistband felt like it was under my arm pits and the bike pad was awful! I’m sending them back. :(

I did talk DH into going into Philadelphia tomorrow after we pick up my duathlon race packet (it’s about 15-20 minutes away). They just opened up a Performance Sport store that’s supposed to carry a wide selection of biking apparel and gear. I’m hoping to find a pair of shorts to wear during Sunday’s race. If not, guess I’ll be wearing my running shorts and T-shirt, lol!

Hi to everyone else. Hope you all have a chance to check in.

Kathy

Hi girls,

I slept in today! Today I will do cardio, not sure what yet?

Stephanie** have fun with LIS/Shoulders/Calves/Core!

Amelia** have fun with PLB!

Heidi** have fun with iTread #9 today!

Kathy** nice job on iTread iTRI Reverse (bike/elliptical/treadmill).WTG!

Carolyn** enjoy you rest day!

Liann** great job on your UB workout last night! Enjoy your run tonight!

Off to more tossing! Will be back after my workout!
Belinda

Hey guys! I'm here and alive. Promise!

Kathy-thanks so much for your PM!

In a nutshell, I've decided to forego the Half this Sunday. It took me a while to realize that's what my mind and my body have been telling me. The training schedule, although NOTHING compared to Kathy's, just knocked the love of running out of me this time around, and that's depressing. I LOVE to run. ANd I want and WILL get back to that point. My toes (rather, just the one at this point), is still giving me trouble. I ran yesterday just for a bit, and again it bled. I can't keep doing that, I really need to let it heal, but I just kept telling myself that I'm just TETING IT OUT! LOL YEAH...testing to see how quickly it will start to bleed! HA! My shins, as well, have me confused to pieces. Not sure what's up with that, but they burned like crazy M,T, and W on my walks to/from work. The LAST thing I want to do is run 13.1 miles with burning shins, bleeding blisters, and a MENTAL state that keeps telling me I don't want to be doing this.

SO...................I'm out. I'm going to pick up my race packet Saturday anyway. Gotta LOVE those freebies. But no Half for me.

On another note, my psyche, as Kathy has predicted, is all in knots. But TODAY I've regrouped and WILL get back on track.

The kids have no school today and tomorrow, so I'm here with my boys, SO's DS and the ex's DS, plus several neighbor boys. So I can't be on the PC too long without having to break up fights or keep the young ones apart from the older ones! lol

I am here in spirit. I'm getting a few things REaligned, including my mental state with the decision to pull out of the race. My fridge is stocked from a long-night cooking last night and today WILL BE CLEAN EATS!

Sorry I can't do personals, and I'm even MORE sorry that I've been a poor excuse for a friend to you gals this week. Please know I'm here and will check in when I get a chance later today!

Gayle

Hello,

I am back from my workout.

I only got ½ of the iTread #9 done for the reason my DH kept calling me. I guess my cell phone isn’t working now! It won’t keep a charge. Darn….I just got this a short time ago. Good thing I took the insurance on it!

Total time: 32min 3.5miles and 377cal.s
Heart rate zones: 130-174

Next time around I will wear my Garmin monitor because it would give me all the zones for the complete workout.

Hi Kathy: Nice job on your Reverse Tri. That is great that your DH will be taking the trip with you to Philly. Good luck finding a perfect pair of biking shorts.

Hey Carolyn: Have a great tennis match today! It is soooo warm out right now. Enjoy the weather!
Oh…I love your little saying at the bottom of your post!

Hello Liann: I hope you get a good burn on your LB workout today! How are your bi’s and tri’s doing? Which workout did you do for them?

Hi Belinda: Wow you sure are a busy bee lately. Hopefully your DH can assist you with the garage clean-out. Where’s your son in all this?
Have a great workout later!

Hello Gayle: We completely understand! I have had a few race let downs in the past and felt really guilty about it. It is ok…my running buddies tell me this all the time. It is better to take care of yourself and forego the race then end up really injured and out of the game for a year! You might want to have those shins checked out to make sure everything is ok. Do you have a road bike? Take this to and from school instead of putting added stress on your shins. This will give them time to recover from all the hard running and PW.
Remember: Chin Up! Your awesome!
Have a nice afternoon with the boys!

BBL Heidi (Works calling)

Hi everyone! Sounds like everyone is doing well.

Liann - I use BSN Lean Dessert and I love it. The banana creme & whipped vanilla are my favorites. I have never experienced any side effects from it for whatever that's worth.

Gayle - sounds like you have everything all figured out. Good for you!!

So, I'm still on the fence about whether to try for the July RT. I'm not sure what's holding me back. Maybe I'll be more excited about it tomorrow?!?!

LB tonight for me. I think I'll do B&G. I haven't done that one in full in a while.

BBL

Hi Melissa:

I wish that I could attend the RT! It's not going to happen though. :-(

How is work for you today? I have been doing paperwork mostly and now my back is giving out. I have to get a better chair or something.

Have a great workout with B&G if you decide to do this one. }( I didn't use that heavy of a weight and I felt it good! My legs were actually shaking after the standing portion. I just didn't have it in me to do the floor work after. I did however do the abs.

HAVE FUN!:7

BBL Heidi

Just checking back in after lunch. I resisted the temptation to get a sub with the other ladies and just had one of my shakes. Thankfully, that seems to have filled me up for the moment. I'm itching to get out of here and get my run in before dinner. I may have to take a little "personal time". ;)

Kathy - Sorry your shorts didn't fit well! :( Hope you find some good ones in Philly. Are you a PA girl? I live about 3 - 3 1/2 hours from Philly. I will have to look for that chocolate mint protein powder. That sounds good!

Belinda - Hi there!!! Miss you on the PYGFO check-in. Are you back in the states now? I noticed some of the ladies referring to you getting used to the time change?

Gayle - Wow, sounds like you have your hands full with all those boys! I think your reasons for not doing the race are very solid. It sounds like you need a break. I'm sure your love for running will come back! :)

Heidi - My bis and tris are definitely feeling it today. I just did all of the bicep and tricep exercises from the BFL book and then ended with some push-ups. I tried to really push myself with the weights this time too.

Melissa - Thanks for the flavor suggestions! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.