BFL - Thursday - 5/1

Good morning!

Cardio due today, but it will wait until tonight. I gave blood last night at DD’s school, and just wanted to rest a bit longer this a.m. Not that giving blood is an excuse; I really just wanted to rest a bit longer.

Gayle – Yes, that was a cinnamon crunch bagel from Panera, which is my fav and gives me sugar crashes which leave me exhausted. I’ve really stopped eating them, which is why it had been so long and tasted soooo good. I spread honey walnut cream cheese on it. YUM! That’s awesome about the trainer. I agree, I’d like to look like I do figure comp even if I never enter one.

Amelia – Meds can help, so give it a try. If it’s not working, then stop and go back and discuss bloodwork.

Stephanie – yes, weighted gloves do make quite the difference for Kickbox workouts. Just don’t do it on a day after shoulders were worked really heavy. I found my arms just can’t keep up.

Heidi – Oh, punishment . . . might need to do double cardio. I‘m sure that run made up for some of it.

Belinda – So sorry about the dishwasher debacle. Hope it all gets fixed and that today is much better.

Liann – Great job on the chin-ups. I can’t do one, so to me you are Amazon woman!

Carolyn – Hope you had a good cardio workout.

Kathy – I hope you get rested up for the race this weekend. The MCM is one week after Detroit’s. In the preliminary discussion, looks like I may get the leg which runs back from Ontario through the tunnel (the underwater mile) – kind of cool because there’s always a crowd at the exit.

Melissa – Sleeping problems must be going around. I’ve had some very unrestful nights lately also, hence the sleeping in this a.m.

Sue – Great weight loss! Excellent discipline. I’m sure you’ll do great with the rest of the challenge.

Michelle – Gotta enjoy those walks on beautiful days! I did that yesterday at lunch, too.

Ok, this is a bit humorous. My DB is having surgery on his knee this a.m. to clean up scar tissue. He had ACL surgery years ago. He complains it’s an ongoing issue – is fine for a long time and then flares up. This isn’t the first time they’ve gone back in to clean it up. Anyway, yesterday I get to DD’s school to pick her up and she tells me that she did “virtual surgery” yesterday, which included hip replacement and knee replacement. So we called DB and she told him that she could easily do the surgery since she is now such the expert. It was actually pretty cool, more advanced that I thought a 4th grader would catch on to, but I guess I underestimated my aspiring surgeon (it’s that or a lawyer, or a teacher, or maybe she’ll tour the world figure skating for a while first!).

Hope everyone has a sweaty workout and a clean eating day!

Good Morning girls!

I can't believe i don't have Doms from yesterdays UB workout? Funny how Doms work? anyways,on tabs today is a PW,not sure how long though,atleast 30 minutes.

Hey to everybody!:)
bbl

Hello and Good Morning to you all,

Hi Sherry: That is truly neat for a fourth grader! She could have probably done a better job on my DH’s knee issue back in Dec.!
I think I would be resting today as well from giving blood. Just the sight of a needle and I am light headed! Have fun with your cardio tonight. Anything special in mind?

Hi Amelia: Mmmm…no DOMS eh? I guess it is time to move up in those weights! Have a great PW!

Today’s workout planned:
GS Legs
Ab Hits #1

My DS has his orthodontist appointment today so I will be back later this afternoon.

I hope everyone is doing better today and has a great workout!

BBL Heidi

Good morning gals!

I still need to get read the rest of yesterday's posts, but I wanted to post real quick to get me started for the day!

Sherry-that's funny about DD. We have such high hopes for our kids, don't we? After treating at the orthodontist for over 14 months now, I'm hoping my kids go into that field! LOL You should see the set up and patients this woman has. They're a well-oiled machine, run like clockwork, and kids are in and out like a rotating door!

Hi, Amelia! I'm drawing a blank...what's PW?????

OK...up early for me this morning, after a late night with SO. I did Muscle Max lower body only premix and added on some leg extensions on my bench. Then it was FINALLY Tracey's Core Blast! I did 35 minutes, and it included all 3 standing segments, the med ball segment and bosu segment. THe only one I didn't do were the floor and plank sections since I ran out of time. I really liked it. After having met Tracey at the RT last year, I feel like I was working out in my home with her! We'll see how my core feels tomorrow!

OK...have to get to school for School Store. Be back after that!

Gayle

Good Morning Gayle-PW=Powerwalk;-)im looking for a good core workout,thought about coremax now im looking at this core blast everybody keeps talking about.....MMMMMMMM! Great job with MMLB

Heidi-LOL,i struggled with the UB weights yesterday,no way i can heavier right now. I was shaky all day yesterday and kinda I aslo had this twitching thing going on,my DH asked me if i was ok,LOL! I hope your DS has a good orthodontist vist!

Melissa-LOL at you the other day when you said you were thinking abuout getting out a measuring tape to measure the applesauce banana loaf,I too thought about doing that so i guess were both a little crazy:+

Ok,i must go skip around cathe land a bit:) i have to wait for my DH to get out of bed before i can start my WO!

Hey!

Just need to run in here for a second and then get to my WO! I usually have it done by now but slept in till 7am! Still can't seem to wake up!

I am doing iTrain 6 - Outdoor Marathon 58:36 min. Love this one!

I will read yesterday's posts and this morning's and will bbl!

Kathy-please promise me that you’re taking care of yourself! I hope those minor nagging injuries stay just that…MINOR! Perhaps with the duatholon and then another full week of training (even though it’s a taper week) is why your body is acting like this. I cannot WAIT to hear how you do this weekend. Do they happen to have the tracker for the runners so we can follow your progress??? I hear ya on those nagging injuries that come back now and then. I bout with PF as well, and my shins as you all know! OH…and I’ll be sitting on your right shoulder at mile marker 20 telling you to KEEP GOING!

Sue-you’ve had a GREAT week 1! What an awesome start. I’ll have to check out One Buff Mom now!

Michelle-your day yesterday sounds great! And your dead ON about needing to ENJOY our workouts. LIFE…..whatever we do, we have to be able to make it work FOR LIFE! So….did you buy Tracey’s Core Blast?

Carolyn & Kathy-so, are you guys officially roommates???

Belinda-wow….what a day yesterday, hugh??? Are they offering to help out with the cabinet damage at all??? And did LL help with all that stress???

Amelia-OH….you cannot go wrong with Core Max. It’s definitely AWESOME. Tracey’s Core Blast is a nice change from Cathe. The DVD is not the quality we’ve come to know from Cathe, but Tracey does an awesome job at hitting the abs/core from all angles.

Stephanie-enjoy that iTread…it’s a good one! It was one of the first ones I ever got!

Gayle

Good Morning,

Today is S/H biceps and triceps. I ended up short on time yesterday for my cardio so I just did 4DS HIS.

Gayle - I'm pretty sure Kathy and I are going to be roommates. So far there will be 3 of us sharing a room. Exciting!! Did you guys ever find your 3rd and 4th roommates?

Be back after my workout

Good morning girls,

Heidi** I think from now on DH and I will do all the work ourselves too! Everything is still under warranty! I couldn’t believe how everybody pointed the finger at each other! I told them I don’t care whose fault it is, someone will pay for my cabinet! They wanted to leave me without hot water until I get my dish washer back! Who knows how long that will take? I hold my DH from now on I will buy only appliance in Costco! They never give you any crap when something is not working or gets broken! Enjoy GS legs and ab hits today!

Sherry** I hope they find what is wrong with the dish washer soon! I am so frustrated! They can keep the dam thing and give me back my money!

Amelia** enjoy your PW today! WTG on your DOMS!

Gayle** nice workout this morning! Oh, nobody offering anything right now! I did take pictures! My DH is coming back on Tuesday, I think I will wait until Tuesday for them to bring the DW back! I want my DH to see the cabinet! LL did help with the stress and a glass of wine! LOL!

Stephanie** enjoy iTread 6 today!

Carolyn** enjoy the S&H today!

I will do cardio today!

BBL after my coffee!
Belinda

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid16930497

Good morning ladies! I took it easy last night - was feeling some doms in my legs, abs, back - you name it, it hurt. Tonight I plan to use my JumpSnap again and then hit the abs again. DH was so impressed by my sore abs that he wants to do Tracey's workout, so I'll be doing that again tonight with him. The eating has still been on track, but I can't tell you how bad I wanted to down 10 Chips Ahoy cookies last night. I had that song from the cookie commercial "Don't you want me baby..." going through my head ALL night long!

Sherry - Sounds like you have quite the accomplished daughter their! ;) Does she currently figure skate now? I competed in FS and Dance for years and taught a little, so it's always fun hearing about up and coming skaters. ;)

Amelia - Doms can be funny like that. Sometimes when I'm expecting to be dying the next day - nothing. Then other times when I do not feel like I did all that much, I can't even sit on the pot. Who knows? ;)

Heidi - Have fun with your leg workout. :) GS is a good one.

Gayle - Isn't it fun using videos with people you "know" in them? I'm finding that Tracey's new workouts have a very "working out with buddies" feel to them. Hope you feel the DOMS tomorrow! :)

Stephanie - Wow, that sounds like it is going to be quite the workout!

Carolyn - Enjoy SH Bis & Tris! :)

Belinda - What cardio do you plan to do today?

Hope everyone is having a good Friday-eve!!!

Hello ladies -

Okay, I'm caving -- I'm posting even though I haven't worked out yet. I have some sort of a bladder infection -- the doctor prescribed me some meds -- I'm just hanging on with those AZO pills until the meds kick in. Wow, it is amazing how fast these can come on!

Anyway -- just had to see what you gals were doing.

YES, I DID order the core workout yesterday! I can't wait!! Sounds like it took you awhile to get yours Gayle -- so I'm a little worried!

Here's a funny story about my 8 year old daughter. A few weeks ago my DH was telling her how wonderful it would be if she would be a doctor - or maybe since she likes animals a vet. Later that day she came to me secretly and told me that she didn't want to hurt her daddy's feelings but she really wants to be a cowgirl. :)

Later,
Michelle

Michelle - that is so funny about your DD!! Our DD wants to be veternarian this week. She even pronounces it correctly. Just last week DH and I were talking about the price of gas and she told us that when she grows up she wants to own a gas station and she's going to charge $1. Not $1/gallon, just $1 for as much gas as you want!!

Sherry - that's cool about your DD's virtual surgery. I bet that was pretty interesting!

Liann - what is JumpSnap? I've heard that name now a couple of times but don't know what it is.

Gayle & Liann - did you order Tracy's CoreBlast directly from her website? I checked yesterday, how come I don't see it? I'll check again.

I used my Dave's this morning. Only on my face though. I got the set that had one bottle of Moisture Tan and one for the face since I'm so fair. I keep checking the mirror in the ladies room to see if I'm tan yet!!

I'm sure I missed some of you! Hi to Belinda, Carolyn, Amelia, Sue, Heidi & Kathy.

I have MAJOR shoulder DOMS from BBC shoulders last night! YAY! Tonight I'm going to try out CC#2 on my bike. My legs are actually still sore from Monday's workout!!

BBL

ETA: I found CoreBlast on Tracy's site. Not sure why I didn't see it yesterday?! Off to order....

Melissa - JumpSnap is a jump rope without the "rope". Here's the link to the website. http://jumpsnap.com/

The beginner DVDs that come with it are so-so, but you can use it with any jump rope workout. I ignored the directions that say not to put the weights in the handle the first time you use it and about died after 5 minutes. I thought my shoulders were going to fall off! ;) It's a great cardio workout. DH ran on the treadmill for 20 minutes while I did the intermediate workout and I was the one drenched by the end.

p.s. I bought the pink breast cancer awareness one from Amazon.

Morning!
I’m so sorry this is going to have to be quick. I got into work late and stuff started piling up for me.

Well, today was my last run & workout until Sunday. I did the upper body parts of Body Max + ran 3 miles (using iTread 27 – Drills) + Core Blast segment #2. My right calf is still feeling tight but the two days off should help. I think the last week before a big race is the hardest mentally for me because I worry about every little twinge, lol.

My plan is to head up to the marathon expo on Saturday afternoon to pick up my race packet then check into the hotel. I may go back for the pre-race pasta dinner at the host hotel, I haven’t decided yet. I am definitely NOT having seafood (like I did at the last marathon)…..UGH! LOL, I was never so happy to see port a potties along the race course as I was then!

Kathy

P.S. I emailed ya back Carolyn!

Sherry – Woohoo, the leg under the tunnel would be VERY cool! I hope you get that one. ;)

Amelia – Have a great powerwalk!

Heidi – I love GS legs! Your barbell looks great, BTW. :)

Gayle – Wow, let me know how your core feels tomorrow, lol! I did the second standing segment again today and I can’t get my body to do the “slips”…my hips and torso are glued together! I don’t think they have a tracker on the marathon website, we’re lucky they post the results the same day, lol. Thank you so much, I will definitely lay low for the next couple of days and let my body heal.

Stephanie – The iTread Outdoors marathon workouts are fabulous, aren’t they? Grace has a way of motivating you to push it.

Carolyn – Hi to my roomie…yay! I’m so excited already, lol!

Belinda – I’m so sorry you’re having a rough time, I hope everything works out for you. :(

Liann – Thanks for the info on Jump Snap. Now I want one too!

Michelle – Awww, I hope the med kick in soon and you feel better! LOL, that is so cute! I bet she would make a wonderful cowgirl. ;)

Melissa – How’s the tan? Can you see a difference yet? Man, I feel my resolve caving as I type, lol.

Stephanie – It’s the NJ marathon in Long Branch NJ. The weather is supposed to be a high of 65 degrees with a low of 54 degrees with thundershowers possible. Eh well, I guess I’ll be running in a slightly warm rain, lol.

Here’s the marathon website. I don’t have a number yet but if you do a search on Kathy G it should bring up some results late Sunday. I’ll try to log on and let you know how it went when I get home late Sunday. I have NO time expectations whatsoever. I just want to cross the finish line. :)

http://www.njmarathon.org/index.htm

Kathy - Know that we will all be cheering you on and celebrating with you at the finish line (even if it is only in spirit!) but I'm sure you will "feel" us all!! We are so proud of you!! Good luck!

Michelle

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.