BFL Thursday 1/17

Sherry K

Cathlete
Time to get rolling! We're in the second half of the week.

Today is cardio - LIS

Think I better preview the pyramids before trying them.

I do appreciate how all of you usually let me be the first post.;-)

Really fast today - can't promise I'll be back later today but will be up first thing in the a.m. tomorrow.

LET'S ROCK TODAY!

Good morning Sherry and all that follow today,

Have fun with LIC! This one is so much fun!

This morning I went to the gym and run for 20 min.! I couldn't run any longer since I don't have a MP3 payer! My DH is returning the MP3 player today! I hope I have iTrain soon!

Have a wonderful day!
Belinda
http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid16930497

Good morning all!

That is so funny Sherry - with all the talk about 4DS yesterday I pulled out LIS too!!! It is so much fun -- makes me feel like I'm dancing. :)

So glad DH is returning the MP3 player Belinda. I can't run without mine either!!

Hello to everyone! We got through hump day, so let's eat clean and get those workouts in!!! Yeah!!!

I'm really pumped today. I know, I'm not supposed to be weighing myself, but since I started this journey I have only seen gains on the scale. Well, yesterday I was FINALLY back to my normal weight, that in itself was a victory. I was starting to think that this was just too much food for me. However, even after eating my yummie burger last night I FINALLY went down 1/2 pound. I couldn't believe it!!! :)

Have a great day -- I'll be back later!!

Michelle

WOW! You ladies are here early today! I expected to be the first one...not the 4th! LOL

Quick post because I have to get showered. School store today, so I'll be able to chat when I get back from that.

I got my rump out of bed EARLY TODAY! I was in my bathroom by 4:45 and on the treadmill by 4:57am! WOO HOO!
DONE:
iTread 13 Sprints
iTread 26 (tempo) - over 6.25 miles combined
Core Max 2 with ball
Stretch Max 3 with band

It's COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD in my basement. I checked the thermometer and it's a brish 52 degrees down there! YIKES! My hands were freezing during SM!

I promise to be back this morning!

Gayle

Gayle -- I'm sure that run got you warmed up FAST!!! :)

Sherry - Since you mentioned you should preview the Pyramids first - one thing I use for all my weight workouts -- a gal from the "Melters" thread her signin is lainiefig - she has a blog called fitnessfig.blogspot.com -- if you scroll down to fitness tools available and then on the right you will see Cathe weight worksheets. These are awesome!!! I expecially use these for the pyramids -- is shows all the sets Cathe does and you have space to write in what weights you use. Look it up!!

BBL -
Michelle

Morning Sherry, Belinda, Michelle, & Gayle (and all those that follow).

I got up and ran 6 miles this morning. I'm really feeling run down, I think I might be catching my 22 yr. old son's cold (he said that's how it started for him, too).

Hope everyone has a great day!

Kathy G

Good Morning Girls!

I was mia yesterday..I had class and my friend was TRYING to have her baby. As of last night she had only dialated to 3 and they were starting pitosin..I am waiting on an update this morning.

Today will be bic/back and cardio.

I'll be back after my wo.

Gayle** your workouts always look really tough! That a great idea to introduce ourselves!

Hi girls,

I am 44 years old! I am married, for almost 25 years ! I meet my DH while he was stationed in Germany! My DH is in the U.S Army for the last 26 years. My DH and I are currently stationed in Grafenwoehr Germany. This will be a 2-3 year tour! I am German! I was born and raised in Germany. I have two beautiful kids, my DD is 22 years and my son will be 19 years old next month, they both in college! I am very proud! We adapted to dogs from the shelter! They are my babies!

Michelle** I was so bored running without music! I can’t wait for him to come home and bring me a new player! Congrats on the ½ pound weight loss! It feels good for the scale to finally go down! Have fun with your workout today!

Kathy** nice job on your 6 mile run this morning! Sending you healing vibes!

Susan** enjoy your upper body workout today! Hope your friend is having her baby soon!

Off to to more cleanmax and later I will do abs work!
Have a great day!
Belinda

OK…back from the school.

Did you all notice the new STS Forum? I just noticed it this morning, not sure how long it’s been there now! LOL

Sherry-you are going to LOVE the Pyramids and what it will do for your body (and DOMS)!!! Good workout today! I second what Michelle said about logging your workouts. When I get a new workout, I like to preview it with a pad of paper and a pencil and I make my own little chart. I record EVERYTHING too!

Belinda-Your first task when DH arrives is to learn how to use that mp3 player. They’re not hard, really. Once you figure it out, you’re good to go (and RUN)!

Michelle-sometimes a sneak peak at the scale isn’t a bad thing! Good job. Can’t wait to see what it reads at the end of the week!

Kathy-I hope you’re feeling better SOON! I saw a commercial yesterday about some kind of cold stick…when you feel a cold coming on (the itchy eyes and nose, sneezing, etc), you take this stick dipped in something and inhale (or maybe rub it inside your nose, not sure which) and it’s supposed to keep the cold at bay. Go figure! Question….when do your long runs officially start? What day are you doing them? Where do you run your long run? Questions…I’m curious! I’m excited to start getting my weekly training schedule. I THINK it’s supposed to come every Thursday and has the schedule for NEXT week. I’m going to take it and then doctor it a bit to workout around my BFL workouts! I’m excited to start getting it!

Susan-here’s to a FAST delivery for your friend! And a healthy baby!

OK....Intro to Gayle. I'm 35 (my 36th is next month) and have 2 boys ages 10 and 7. I'm currently dating; DH passed away 3 years ago this past September from leukemia. I work part time at the elementary school as a Monitor during the lunch hours and I LOVE IT! Short and sweet. What else do ya wanna know? LOL

Gayle

What else do I wanna know, Gayle (Superwoman)? Are you sure you want to ask that?? This is going to be fun!!

Okay, do you drink caffeine?

Do you drink any alcohol?

What do you consider "sleeping in"?

What is your favorite cheat food?

What time do you normally go to bed?

Do you ever take naps?

How in the world did you paste your head on Cathe's body in that blue bikini??? har har har!! (Seriously you look awesome!)

Hey, you asked!! :) As for me, I couldn't answer any of the questions, as my whole world has been turned upside down since December 31!! Thanks to you!!!

Michelle

Michelle – Super job on the weighloss! I don’t know why it’s such a mental boost to see the scale go down, but it is. ;) I’ll have to check out that turkey burger in the EFL book, I have it sitting next to my recliner.

Belinda – I have a hard time running without music too! The last half marathon I did in October, my battery was dead at the start line. I had to run the entire thing *naked* without my music, lol….TOUGH! I’m also 44 years old.

Susan – Awww, your poor friend! There’s nothing worse than long labors (I had three of them). I hope everything turns out well today for both new mom and baby.

Gayle – Good suggestion, I’m going to run to the drug store down the road for lunch and pick up some more Cold-eze. I had a big package in my desk but they’re gone. They’re these lozenges that taste like crap (mostly zinc), but they really do work if you start them early.

My first long run is this weekend. I start at 8, 9, 10 – back down to 5 – then 12, 14, 16 – back down to 6 – then 18 and 20 (this is the plan while I’m doing this BFL challenge). After that I have a 16, 7, 20, 12 – then I’m doing a biathlon of (run 5k/bike 29/run 5k) on 4/27/08. Then the marathon is the following weekend. I’ve figured out my entire schedule up until the marathon (incorporating BFL and biking - with my day of rest changing to Tuesday’s toward the end).

I’m going to do my long runs on Saturday and bike on Sundays (starting the last week of February). I’ll do my long runs out on the path that’s across the street from my house. It’s 7.5 miles long, paved, has mile and half mile markers, and is very nicely tree lined. I have one busy intersection to cross if I go the other direction toward the 3 mile marker (I live 1/3 of a mile from the 4 mile marker). If it’s cold, I’ll probably be a whimp and do half on the treadmill and half outside, lol. My limit on the treadmill is 10 miles before I want to scream.

Well, let’s see….I’m 44 yrs. old (b’day is 2/19) and I’ve been married to the same wonderful, patient man for 26 years. We have three children ages 24, 22, and 16. Our oldest is our daughter who got married last February and just graduated from college last month (she starts her first *real* job next month, yay!) The two younger ones are our boys who are both still in college and high school and live at home. I have small pooch named Brownie (that’s actually white in color, lol…we let our youngest name him when he was about 8 years old). I live in NJ and do Quality Assurance for a major computer corporation.

I love running and working out in general, I’ve been doing it since my daughter was born 24 years ago. I’ve run 2 marathons (trained for a 3rd but didn’t run it), 4 half marathons, and 2 – 25k races, plus many, many 5k and 10k races. I just bought a road bike in the fall and I’m hoping to get into duathlons and triathlons this year.

Kathy G

OK...I'll play. Here ya go!

Okay, do you drink caffeine?
Nope. No coffee, tea, hot chocolate or soda of any kind. I've always been this way, too.

Do you drink any alcohol?
On occasion. My drink of choice is a good beer, specifically Yuengling Lager, which is produced right around here. My mixed drink of choice is an Amaretto Sour, but RARELY do I indulge. Personally (and remember, YOU ASKED), I went CRAZY in college and drank like a fish. I went from High School, being a scholar athlete and hometown girl (voted Ideal Female Athlete my senior year by all the schools' coaches) to a free spirit in college where I was on my own for the first time. I still was involved with sports BIG TIME, but I added EXTRA fun! LOL My first 3 semesters were all about finding ME ME ME! One day I woke up and realized that the drinking WAS NOT ME! So I stopped cold turkey, hit the gym at 4am (I think that's when and where my early-bird habit started) and dropped all the 60+ lbs I gained from drinking. Today.....I prefer to EAT my calories instead of drink them, but I DO ENJOY a beer now and then!

What do you consider "sleeping in"?
Sleeping in to me is 7:30 or 8am. LOL But my internal alarm pretty much goes off the same time every morning, around 5am or so!

What is your favorite cheat food?
This changes all the time. But the one constant is Trail Mix of some kind....Chex Mix, traditional trail mix, or a mixture I throw together from items in the grocery store. I'm a snack-aholic and love to graze and snack all day long. My CURRENT Favorite MEAL is homemade lasagna, and homemade Frech Toast. YUMMY! I'm planning both for this weekend's Free Day!

What time do you normally go to bed?
Usually around 10am, but I can't settle down, REALLY SETTLE down until about 11 or so.

Do you ever take naps?
Very rarely!

How in the world did you paste your head on Cathe's body in that blue bikini??? har har har!! (Seriously you look awesome!)
EASY..............Computer software! HA!

THANKS FOR ASKING! LOL

Gayle

HOLY GEEZ! Kathy. Michelle better start calling YOU Superwoman! WOW! Look at that schedule of yours! I like the sound of that tri! Is there really no swim in it??? I'd LOVE to do that as long as there's no swimming! LOL

Also, I'm SOOO excited to get my first training week schedule, so I pulled up the schedule they gave me last year! NOW I CANNOT WAIT!!!

Kathy-where in NJ? Close enough for a get-together (or RUN together)???

OK...enjoying Meal 2, which includes your meatloaf muffins!

Gayle

I second that Kathy -- WAY TO GO!!! I'm slowly working up my miles!! :)

Geez, Gayle -- so all that energy ISN'T from caffeine!!! Thanks for answering!

My body is still adjusting to the early bird routine. I have been going to bed at 9:00 (I know, how boring). I can't nap because I'm at work, but let me tell you, a few days I have wanted to. :) I have to admit, it has been one of the best experiences for me, there is a weight lifted off my shoulders all day knowing the workout is done. :)

Susan - I hope your friend's baby comes soon!! :)

Michelle

Wow...all you runners make me feel like a WIMP!!!

Okay, my intro:

I am 36 (will be 37 in May), married to DH for 12 years. I have a 7 year old DD (will be 8 in February). I am a Finance Manager for a teleconferencing company, although my checkbook-keeping responsibilites have been taken away from me by DH due to numerous mistakes! Strange, I know. I can't explain it!! Hobbies include, working out (big surprise), gardening and being my daughter's play mate (my favorite hobby!). That is me in a nutshell!

I'm going to post my meals while I'm thinking of it:

M#1: last two mini-quiches:-( & sweet potato fries
M#2: stuffed pepper, last one of these too. I'd better get cookin' this weekend ;-) .
M#3: apple & string cheese
M#4: w/w tortilla, 2oz taco beef (93% lean), 1T lowfat cheddar & 2T salsa
M#5: broiled pork chop, 1/2 c brown rice & brocolli
M#6: chocolate-peanut butter protein shake

BBL!

Good Morning, Ladies ~

Going to the gym this afternoon to get my workout in. Even though I would love to hit the Treadmill, I am going to stay off of it for right now.
I really need to get a MP3 player, I'm sure this will make the workouts that much more enjoyable! :) Kind of boring right now just watching the news and such at the gym. LOL
Got approval to finally put a small microwave up in our small kitchenette here at work. They have one downstairs, but nothing across the hall from us. I love how little things like this put me in a good mood.. LOL :) Half the time I hate to eat during the day only b/c I would have to walk all the way downstairs to use the microwave... Yep, I'm lazy...hehe :)
Now I have to go and purchase a small one!

Sherry~ Enjoy LIS.. I need to preview this workout again. I borrowed the 4DS series from Wendy (6Swans4me) and haven't used them more than 1-2 times. I previewed the leg workout last night. I would think if I keep the weight low, I can modify, so it doesn't hurt my knee...This will help me to really focus on my form more also.
Have a Great Day!!!

Belinda~ I know how you feel without a MP3...I really need to get one. It's get really boring! LOL :)

Michelle~ Congrats on your weight lose. I know how you feel, I weigh myself every morning, I need to learn to keep the scale hidden. Still working on getting my eating clean, but slowly I am getting there! Have a great workout!

Gayle~ Early morning for you again...You go girl! :) Great workout! Did you use any running program when you first started? I would love to start running again, but I know I do to much too soon, and that might be why I don't keep up with it and end of hurting myself. Is C25K a good program to start with? Yikes! 52 Degrees...LOL I probably would of been back under my covers if it was that cold....brrrrrr :)

Kathy~ Sounds like you had a great workout as well. I really need to get on the ball and catch up with you ladies! :) Hope you feel better!

Susan~ Have a great workout, Did you friend have her baby? How exciting..! My friend here at work is due in June, I can't wait...:)

Ok, intro ~ Jennifer, I'm 36, my b-day is August 11th.... I have 2 children. My DS is 16, will be 17 in April...My DD is 15...(going on 20...LOL)...
I work full-time as a credit analyst at a construction firm. I am living with my boyfriend of 4 years in Exton, PA. I am finally putting my divorce through...Was together w/ my ex for 15 years, married only for 5...before I had enough. He was abusive mentally and physically and it took me awhile to finally come to terms that I didn't need that in my life.
My boyfriend has a son (Nik)...he just turned 15 yesterday. I have 2- dogs... Diesel (American Eskimo & Co-Co ( Jack Russell Terrier ). And,. I have a major problem with JUNK FOOD!!!! I can't get enough...LOL :) :9
"Today is a Gift, Have Fun"

~Jennifer~

="http://images.meez.com/user07/3/8/4/4/4/4/8/3844448_bodyshot_300x400.gif

Jennifer - I love that you admitted your major problem with junk food!!!

Mine is coffee. Not necesarily the coffee, but the sugar. x( I haven't had any in 2 1/2 weeks, but it's a CONSTANT STRUGGLE!!! Everytime I drive by a Dunkin Donuts, the car automatically wants to turn in!!

Oh, mine is w/ WaWa coffee :9 It's like a treat for me since I have to use so much creamer to get it down...LOL :)

"Today is a Gift, Have Fun"

~Jennifer~

="http://images.meez.com/user07/3/8/4/4/4/4/8/3844448_bodyshot_300x400.gif

Coffee is like a treat for me too Jennifer. I was able to convert to 1% milk, but I just can't do without the sugar!

I'm better off not having it, I guess...;(

Hey girls,

What are you girls doing to me???

My meals today!

M1 – 2 mini egg quiche
M2 – 2 sl. Toast
1 sm. can tuna
1 mini quiche
M3 – 2 more mini quiche
M4 – 2 more mini quiche
M5 – 1 more mine quiche
Fat free yogurt
M6 – steamed fish (flounder)
½ brown rice
Broccoli and mushrooms steamed

Those mini egg quches are so yummy! They all gone! Don't no what happend??? Yummy! I do have to add I only had 11 mini quiches!:+ :+
The good news they didn't hurt me, I am down another 1 pound!!

I will be back for personals!

Belinda

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.