BFL for Thu. Mar-13-08

Good Morning All,

Major DOMS today from Butts and Guts 2 DAYS ago!!!

My cardio for today will be my tennis match. Might do abs later this afternoon. I will be back after my match. Hope we win:)

Hi Belinda

Carolyn

Hey guys! Thursday is the Day of DOMS! Who else (besides Belinda, Carolyn and me have it? lol)

Belinda-I LOVE that LIC premix!!! LOVE IT!
Carolyn-B&G will get ya! LOL GET THOSE ABS IN!

For me, the cat woke me again at 4am. This morning's workout was iTread 19 Sprints and Core Max 2 on the ball. I'm sportin' some AWESOME DOMS in the butt and hammies! love it all!

Enjoying my egg whites and w/w toast. When I get back from doing the School Store later today, I'll be putting Turkey & Black Bean chili in the crockpot for dinner.

Do any of you eat (or have a recipe for) orzo??? I made a serving last night and tossed in some diced canned carrots to bulk it up. A single serving is 1/3 c dry, and that serving have 41g carbs. So I boiled that single serving, opened a can of sliced carrots that I then diced up and tossed them with the drained orzo. I ate HALF of that and it was YUMMY! Now I'm on an orzo kick and looking around for recipes! LOL

BBL after I get the chili in the crock!

Gayle

Hello everyone,

Hi Belinda,Carolyn and Gayle! I am with you on the DOMS! This is still from that workout with iTread Tread N Tush!!!! Just in my upper Quad/hip flexors. Ok..my bi's are feeling yesterday PUB as well. Those Bicep curls with heavier weights are tough!}( I almost always loose my strength when Cathe starts to laugh or make jokes on this one.:)

Today's workout goal:
MIC (haven't done this one for awhile)

I am skipping abs today....yup DOMS HERE TOO! ;-)

After my workout I have cleanmax to do. My DD is having a guest for College winter break stay with us.

Belinda: Do you have any German recipes you would recommend for a guest? His family is from Germany and I would like to be able to surprise him with some familar foods. :) Thanks in advance!
Awesome job on LIC this morning!

Carolyn: Have a great tennnis match! I hope you beat your partner.:)

Gayle: How are your shins today after #19? That is a great workout.

I hope everyone has a great day and workout. BBL Heidi

Morning girls,

Todays workout is goig to be HIIT and abbs! Im going to do and interval on the TM,im seriously thinking about buying coremax,you guys think its worth the $$$?

My DD has been coughing all night,so she has a docs appt at today,so my workout my not be until this afternoon,anyhoot i will bbl. My DS just got better,not its dd x(! bbl

Well,i hope everybody has a great day and i will bbl

Hi everyone,

Got in PUB up only yesterday. Since I was shortening the workout I went up on all exercises, except shoulders. Shoulders is a hard one for me to go up on.

This morning was a spinervals workout. 30 minutes sprints/rest. I can tell I have been slacking on cycling. I need to keep one day in a week for this.

I also need to get better at doing abs. I tell myself I can add on 10 minutes of abs but then I stretch out and there is no time left.

I am with people on DOMS. Upper body is feeling it today from yesterday's workout.

Gotta run,
Rhonda

Hello, everyone. I am super-sleepy again today. Ugh. I didn't sleep well at all. Weird dreams (but I should just say you can assume if I'm sleeping I'm having weird dreams), tossing and turning, and my @#$%%^^&&* cell phone woke me in the night beeping that it was out of juice. I hate that phone. It's battery is too small so it runs out of power all the time, and about 95% of the time it runs out of power about 2 or 3 in the morning and beeps loudly every few minutes until I go plug it in. You'd think I'd learn to keep a better eye on it before I go to bed, but I haven't.

Anyway, no workout yet. My alarm went off early so I could get up and do it first thing, but of course I didn't. I hit that snooze a couple times, then just gave in and changed it to a later time. Now Isaac's off to school. I need to go to the library but it doesn't open until 10, so I'm going to do my workout soon and then go to the library after. Just waiting for breakfast to settle first. I'm supposed to do HIIT today but might just do Amy's ASCII and make my own intervals between combos. I also need to do some abs--forgot those were scheduled for yesterday when I decided to just do physical therapy, but of course PT only works my lower body but not abs.

OK, it's hard to keep up with all the personals, but I hope to bbl for that--going to go change into my workout clothes.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com
dream blog: http://dreamerfig.blogspot.com
http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif
If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/f]

Hey there! ANOTHER quick post.

Amelia-yes....I believe Core Max is worth every penny!

Heidi-FORTUNATELY, my shins were burn-free this morning! That's good, as I have a long run this weekend (haven't checked the mileage on it yet, but I think it's one of 2 tapers, so I think I've got somewhere around 7-10 miles. Couldn't run THAT far with burning shins!)

Crockpot is set and smelling yummy! Can't wait till dinner!

Gayle

Morning!
I’m sportin’ some DOMS in my hamstrings and hips for some reason….I think it’s because I added more hills in this week to my runs (ugh, I HATE hills….lol, don’t laugh Gayle). :)

I did a 7 mile tempo run today using Runervals “10k Builder” and workout B from Runervals 6.0. I also stretched out after with the first workout on Total Body Stretching…..aaahhhh, I needed that!

I decided to register for the shorter duathlon today, hopefully it’s still open and not sold out. The NJ marathon/half marathon is already getting close to being sold out and it’s still 7.5 weeks away. Man, it’s incredible how many people are giving it a go! I’ve been thinking that if all goes well with the sprint triathlon in July that I want to try a longer one in the fall (after the 50k race I’m doing in August). I’m leaning toward an Olympic length this year and then a half iron man next year. My ultimate, ultimate goal is to do a full iron man triathlon by the time I’m 50 (which gives me 5 years, lol).

Kathy

Good morning everyone! Running a little behind today. I went to the bank last night to deposit DD's GS cookie money and didn't realize until I went home that the deposit slip only showed the cash and not the checks. I worried about it all night so I went to the bank this morning. The teller just ended up giving me the wrong deposit slip. Whew...

Something really strange happened last night. After we ate dinner (which was delish!), we went out to Home Depot. On the way there, my belly got rock hard and was HUGE. Like 3 mos pregnant huge! I was so uncomforable all night (got UB in though, what a trooper!). I woke up this morning and I feel great. Back to normal!

Add me to the DOMS list today. Shoulders are on FIRE!! Got up to 20lbs on bent arm side laterals and I'm feeling it. I ended up only doing chest/shoulders/back and I'll do biceps/triceps tonight before cardio. I have a love-hate relationship with working chest, but I always get DOMS no matter what.

Here are my meals and I'll bbl for personals once I get some work done.

M#1: 2 pcs w/w toast, 1T pb, 1c skim milk
M#2: 1/2 c brown rice, 3 oz bbq turkey tips
M#3: turkey black bean chili
M#4: salad w/grilled chicken
M#5: 4 oz haddock, 1/2 c brown rice & steamed carrots
M#6: apple & string cheese

Hi girls,

Carolyn** good job on your DOMS! Enjoy your tennis match! Good luck!

Gayle** awesome job on iTread 19! I still haven’t tried that one! I need to get my butt back to the gym, maybe Saturday! I need to get crackpot! Your dinner sounds wonderful! I love orzo! I have two nice recipes! I will post them later! I am glad your shins fell better today!

Heidi** I haven’t done MIC in a long time! Great workout! What kind of recipe are you looking for (meat, side or dessert?)! Where in Germany is he from? I am from Bavaria, we cook totally different then the rest of Germany!

Amelia** have fun with your workout! Sorry, your little one is sick! No fun!

Rhonda** fantastic job on PUB yesterday and your workout today! It took me a long time to go up in weight on my shoulders!

Lainie** wake up you sleepy head! Sorry, you are not getting enough sleep lately! What does this “my @#$%%^^&&*” mean? LOL!

Kathy** WOW! On your run this morning!

Melissa** thank goodness the teller gave you the wrong slip! It could be worst! What did you eat to make your belly go that big? I am glad you OK! Maybe the beans?

I will look for Gayle's and Heidi's recipes! I will be back!

Belinda

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid16930497

Hello ladies –

Wow, I missed you all!!

Yes, we moved. I had no idea I would be without a computer, a tv, or a workout room for so long!! It has been exactly one week – but it feels so much longer!! I’m still not on-line at home – but since I’m back at work – I HAD to check in with all of you.

The move went smoothly and we are thrilled!! My workout room should be back in order either today or tomorrow and I’m going to hit it hard!! My back is totally better and I’m feeling great. I’ve been eating almost perfectly – and feel “lighter” this morning– so I couldn’t be happier!!

In reading over all the posts – you ladies are doing awesome. Belinda – wow on those weights!! Kathy – you are doing awesome – like I said, I’m going to start running this weekend! Our new neighborhood has a running path (which I walked the other day – and I love it!!) Gayle – take care of those shins! I’ve been missing my “motivation station”!! Melissa – you deserved every bite of that dessert!! Sherry – I keep putting off picking up my GS cookies that I bought (how did you resist them???) ha ha Big hello to Carolyn, Heidi, Rhonda …(Okay, gotta cut the personals short – I’ll check back later with the rest of you!)

During the move I missed both SURVIVOR and BIGGEST LOSER!! UGH!!! So, I’m frantically reading your posts trying to figure out what happened. We currently have one tv that is hooked to the dish – so we will be having a Survivor party tonight!! The kids are going crazy trying to figure out who got voted off last week.

Hopefully I’ll be back on-line at home with the next few days or so. Like I’ve told you before – checking in with you all keeps me consistent – and that is the KEY!!!

Michelle

Welcome back Michelle...we've missed you!:7

Belinda - I have no idea what I could have eaten to make that happen. I had 1/2 c pasta mixed with leftover chicken from the night before and sauted veggies. It was just really WEIRD!!!

Melissa - I notice that when I lose weight and my stomach gets flatter I tend to notice things like that more. So maybe you are just soooo skinny girl that your tummy was full and you noticed. :)

Michelle

Hello,

Just peeking in...

I haven't done my workout yet. Have been doing laundry and cooking an Apple/Banana Bread from Tosca Reno's Cookbook. The house smells so yummy when cooking things like this! :9

Melissa: That is really weird for sure about your stomach issue! You never know what rebelious act your stomach is going to pull and when! Glad that you are feeling better.
Have a good workout for your bi/tri's and cardio later. :)

Michelle: Welcome Back! We all missed you too. Glad to hear that your move went smoothly. It is hard to get things unpacked all at once but you'll be back on track real soon I am sure.;-)

Kathy: So good to have made up your mind about the shorter duathlon. Less stress for sure! You have quite the goal going there as well. Wow! an ironman tri!
How did you like that 10K builder runnerval? How is it set up?
Nice workout for you today! }(

Lainie: Have a great workout when you are able to get to it later. I know being a mother can pull you in so many different directions. Everyday is a new day and a challenge for sure!

Amelia: I really like the CoreMax ab workouts. I would highly recommend this one to add to your ab workout collection.
Oh No! I hope your DD feels better soon! This darn flu thing is getting everyone down.

Rhonda: Remember....ABS FIRST! This gets the job done! Everything after that is a piece of cake. Nice job on your spin workout!:D

Belinda: I am not sure exactly where his family is from. I think DD said N.Germany. Just thinking of having something for him special. Dinner and a dessert of some sort would be great!

Gayle: I am happy for you that your shins are ok today! PHEW!!!! This is a load off your back too! I really hope that this weekend will be nice for your long run.:)

Ok....on to my workout! I have put it off long enough. BBL Heidi

Michelle - that made my day! I'm soooo glad you are back..:*

Heidi - apple/banana bread? I have that cookbook and I don't remember seeing that recipe. I'm gonna have to check that out when I get home! Now go workout girl...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.