BFL TGIF 6/6

This will be quick. GS CT done. Tri's are quivering as I type. Did KickMax last night - I loved it!

Heidi - my condolences to you and your family

I'll do my weigh-in tomorrow but I'm sure everyone is staying focused on the 5#'s by July4th. Now off to shower and face a regular day - TGIF!

Good morning.

Heidi, PRAYERS and HUGS! I'm tired of hearing about all these cancer 'cases'. THEY MUST DO SOMETHING and find a cure!!!

Sherry-great job on those workouts! I LOVE kickbox and the DOMS I get from it every single time! Tracey's Strike Zone shipped yesterday so I'm IMpatiently waiting for that new KB workout!

I'm done with my workout also.....S&H tris & bis (with the abs). I have a run on the schedule for tomorrow, and I may add in some LB floor work just for kicks.

I snuck a peek at the scale this Am and it's coming down. I'll do official on Sunday....thinking maybe I'll do the official on Monday to keep me accountable on Sunday? Maybe.

OK....gotta get the kids on the bus! Made them another warm breakfast this morning of Pumpkin Muffins and turkey bacon. Smells yummy in this house!

Gayle

Good Morning girls!

Heidi,im so sorry to hear about your DH's half sister. Prayers and hugs sent from my way as well.

Hey to Sherry and Gayle!

ive got a question for you knowledgeable ladies:7 will one week without weight work hurt? I have yet to touch any wieght work this week(no idea why,lazy i guess)but i have been doing cardio almost everyday!

so today is a 30 min powerwalk and some abb work. Im thinking on starting a new rotation on monday,either gym stlye or pyramids series? Im just not sure how i will be with the same workouts for four weeks:+.

Im still undecided,i may just go ahead and do a circuit today then do another one on sunday:)! Ive got my eye on cardio and weights!

ya see how easy it is to change my mind,LOL:+

ok,bbl

Morning! I'm still struggling with a few things emotionally and mentally, but I'm truly making an effort to honor and love myself instead of sabotating myself. I've got 3 healthy BFL meals packed and ready to eat for my work day.

I'm out of the loop here...I'm sorry. I'll do my best to get caught up very soon...

Hello and Good Morning to you all,

Hi Melissa: Thank you for your comments last night. We will be having a small service within the next week for the family. She left behind two children which are grown up and married. The son and his wife are expecting their first child soon. This is really sad for all for she will not be here with her husband for this special moment.

I am very proud of you! You did great last night on keeping things as clean as you could.
We ended up not eating at that restaurant because the prices were way out of wack!!! My DH and sons opted for Dairy Queen and I waited to eat when I got home. I ended up eating a pasta dish I made the other night. So all in all it was a good night for me.

Great job on your workout last night! WOW!!! 80#’S FOR SH LEGS!!! How are you walking today!? My upper is a little sore from yesterday’s SH C&B workout. I am glad that I decided to go down in my weights for this seeing as I haven’t done this one since March 14th.

Sherry: Thank you for your kind words.
Great job on GS this morning! Today I am going to do KPC. I hope that my arms will work! That SH C&B gave me DOMS in my chest and back from just a couple hours after the workout!
Have a great day!

Gayle: Mmmm your making me hungry!!! I love the smell of bacon…but I know that I shouldn’t eat it.
Nice workout this morning! I am going to try to stick to the June 08 rotation as is. So today is KPC. I haven’t done this one in a long time.

Thank you, I agree about this cancer issue. It is just terrible how many cases we are all seeing or hearing about within our families and friends. I don’t know anyone that hasn’t been touched by it in someway.

Hello Amelia: Have a great PW today! As for the weights off for one week….I for one have noticed a change. I haven’t been keeping up with the weights lately and my strength has declined just a bit. When I started back I just went down a bit and boy am I feeling it! I am sure that next week I will be back to my heavier weights so the shock is a good thing. It is always good to change things around once in awhile I believe. Your body adjusts to the same workouts pretty quickly. Have a great workout with PUB or which ever series you decide to start back with.

Thank you, we all have tough times and wonderful times. This has been a rough time but we will get through this together.

Hello to all that I missed!
I have to get DS off to school. I will be back after my workout.
Take care and make it a good one!

ETA: From Heidi:p

Hello Connie!

You have been doing great so don't worry about missing a few posts. We all have been rather busy with this or that.

Having your meals planned out and ready to go is half the battle. Great Job!!!

How have you been doing with your workouts? How are the knees?

Doing too much step work during the week can aggravate my knees as well. I try to break up things with PW,running and step or floor cardio. Another thing I try to do is work on strengthening my knees with weighted exercises for the legs. This has really helped in the past when I had a knee injury from stepping into a hole when building my deck.
Do you know any people in the PT department? They can guide you in which exercises are the best for this.

Keep up the good work!:7

Take Care,
Heidi

Hi, Heidi. I think these days, the term 'cancer' is being used more often than in the past, which MAY be a reason we hear it more. I'm not saying that the Docs are OVERusing it, but I also think that the word is being used more generically, if that makes sense. But STILL...all these breast cancer cases, blood cancers like leukemia, 'tumor' cancers like breast and liver and kidney. It's just so sad that in this day and age, with all our regulations on air emmisions and quality testing on disposal procedures, with all our medical and technological advances, that we STILL have this astronomical number of cancer-related deaths. THEN.....once treatment starts for these patients, most of the time it's not the actual cancer that takes them from this world, rather it's the side effects of the MEDICATIONS and RADIATION that causes the rest of the otherwise-healthy body to deter.

OH MAN! This is a topic that is so dearly close to my heart, and as we see yet another teenager in our town with cancer (lymphoma in this case), it saddens me and makes me downright ANGRY!!!

ok...off soap box.

Melissa-I did S&H legs with 80# as well and I have to admit that I was a bit disappointed in that there were not mauch DOMS besides my inner thighs! LOL

OK....I have some QUIET TIME this morning for the first time in a LOOONNNGGGG time. I'm going to sit in my fave chair, put my feet up, with a glass of ice water, and read my book (Three Cups of Tea).

Gayle

Morning!
Heidi – I’m SO sorry for your loss. I hope the service goes well and her children are okay. :( How sad that she won’t see her first grandchild. I love DQ, I worked there as a teenager. I have some fun memories of that place, lol.

Sherry – The scale is behaving so far this week. I’m maintaining the loss from last week but haven’t added to it. Gotta work it, I guess. ;)

Gayle – I totally agree, I don’t know what’s going on….if it’s environmental, or something we’re eating that’s causing this wide spread disease. I pray they find a cure or at least a preventative measure that everyone can take. I’m sorry to hear about the other young man in your town, that’s very sad. :( Oh, I’m listening to a new audio book called “Plain Truth” which is a fictional story of a young Amish girl who gives birth secretly and the lawyer who’s defending her. Quite interesting, I was listening to it on my long run last weekend. I was trying desperately to keep my mind off the humidity and heat!

Amelia – I think a week off from weights might actually be good for you! I see more definition after a no weight workout week (or very little weight workout week). I think it gives my body time to heal and my muscles look “fuller” for some reason. If you start up again next week, you’ll probably see strength gains or at least strength maintenance. It’s good to give your body some rest sometimes. :) I didn’t believe this until I did a P90X rotation!

Connie – (((big hug))) You’re doing a good thing for yourself. Stop the mental beating up and think of all the good things in your life. We all slip, it’s a part of life. Now pick up, dust off, and come back strong!

Melissa – Great job on leg work yesterday! I am SO looking forward to the STS squat rack workout, I can’t wait! Your dinner sounded delicious…..yum! Did you get your new Oxygen yet? I was flipping through it quickly last night and there’s a section on quick healthy meals (tons of recipes). I also got my Clean Eating and Runner’s World so I’ll be busy this weekend, lol.

Hi to Belinda! I hope DS’s apartment search goes better this weekend. What a tough decision for you to have to make! :(

Well, I took a rest day today. I’m planning on doing my 18 mile long run tomorrow. The weather forecast is calling for 90+ degree humid days on both Saturday and Sunday. My plan is to get up extra early and be out on the path by 5:00 or 5:30 am. I’ll run until about 8:00 am and finish up on the treadmill. Guess it’s just going to be another one of those miserable runs, lol. This is the hard part of training for distance races during the summer, the heat and humidity. :(

Kathy

Good morning everyone!

Not much DOMS yet from my S&H w/80lb barbell last night..:-( Inner thighs, but that's about it. I did decide to give my legs a break today and switch up my rotation. I was supposed to do HIIT this morning and UB tomorrow so I'll do UB tonight and HIIT tomorrow morning. DD came into bed with me this morning after DH left for work and we fell back to sleep for about an hour, so I wouldn't have gotten up anyway!! I love that she still does that!!

I'll BBL later. Have a good morning, or should I say afternoon. It's almost 11:00. Work is kicking my butt this week!!

Hey girls! I just had a fantastic workout with Cardio and Weights...love that one,haven't done it in a while! I added in some squats because she doesn't really do much leg work in there?I also did abbs!

sorry,no time for personals but i will bbl:)

Thanks on the comments about my question this morning! I felt so quilty thought the more and more i thought about it so im just gonna do a circuit today,take tommorrow off and do another circuit on sunday,lol!

Hi Gayle, Kathy and Amelia:

I just finished my workout and did something different.

I decided on an iTread instead because I was making my Applesauce/pumpkin bread and only had 40min before it was done.

Itread #2 40min 3.5miles and almost 450 cals. :)
I tacked on KPC abs and stretch after. This felt great and I was able to do the ball planks pretty well this time around. (I added air to the ball which helps!;-) )

Amelia: Great job on C&W!

Gayle and Kathy: Enjoy your rest day!

BBL Heidi Going for a piece of warm bread and a apple protein shake! :9

Back for some personals:

Sherry - good luck on your WI tomorrow morning. I am trying to hold off until Monday morning, but I'm feeling the urge to take a peek.

Gayle - that's awesome that you make the boys a warm breakfast in the morning. I wish I could fit that in. I am a tad disappointed about "no DOMS" also. I feel it a little, but not like I thought I would.

Amelia - I don't think one week without weights will hurt. It might have done you some good to take a break from them. But I see you couldn't help yourself and did C&W with some extra squats!!

Connie - HANG IN THERE!! We are all here for you.

Heidi - glad to hear that you didn't have to be tempted by fried clams and french fries!!

Kathy - enjoy your rest day today. I'm looking forward to the squat work on STS too! I haven't gotten my new Oxygen yet, thanks for giving me a heads up on the recipes. And I haven't been able to find Clean Eating anywhere! My local drug store usually carries it but I tore that whole section of the rack apart a couple of days ago and nothing. Sometimes they put them behind another magazine. I'll have to check back again over the weekend.

My DD, sister, neice and I are heading up to NH this weekend. My parents have a time-share in the mountains for the week. I'm really looking forward to it. It's supposed to be hot this weekend so I'm looking forward to being able to go swimming. AND I'm looking forward to not having to help DH paint the house.:p Not very nice of me, I know, but wouldn't you rather be up in the mountains swimming and frolicking than painting the outside of the house??!!:7 The answer to that question is YES!!!

Hi girls,

Yesterday I ended up taking a rest day! I went to a spa with my DD and we both had an hour body massage! I felt so relaxed that I couldn’t work out! LOL! This morning I did SP+SJ&P premix Step& Hi/Lo 90 min. I also will do yoga tonight!

Heidi** my thoughts and prayers are with you! (((((HUGS))))))) My mom died last year of cancer! I am still having a hard time with that! Great job on your run this morning!

Gayle** I am with you on the cancer thing! I hate that word! So many people have it! Makes you kinda wonder?

Kathy**it is a tough decision to leave kids behind! I have to let go and let them spread their wings! RIGHT? Hope you enjoy your rest day!

Sherry **Good luck on your WI tomorrow morning!

Amelia** great job on C&W today! You doing great!

Connie** HUGS and hang in there! If it makes you feel better I am eating lots of chocolate lately!:p

Hope I didn't miss anyone! If I did I am sorry!
Have a great day!
Belinda

Hi Melissa and Belinda,

Melissa: Run for the mountains!!! Enjoy your weekend retreat! It will be a humid one for both of us in the NE. My pool is ready for anyone in the neighbor....:)

Belinda: Thank you! I seem to be in the middle of people having cancer. I went to spend time with my dad as a teenager and he died of cancer in that time. I came back home and found my step dad had cancer along with my grandmother's sister. Then my grandmother all of whom died. What is it!!! The chlorinated/floride treated water??? We have had a well here most of the time and the same with my neighbors. No cancer yet!!! It does make you wonder!!!!

I hope things workout with your son and you get to go back home to your husband. This must be hard on both of you. I agree...kids do need to grow up at some point.

Great job on your workout!}(

Have a great evening everyone!
BBT Heidi

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.