BFL TGIF 4/18

Just finished 4DS Legs. Did shoulders last night. Again, I'm disappointed that I don't have DOMS. I thought I was pushing it to exhaustion by going heavier. We'll see if something appears later today.

I did get my car back yesterday, finally. I'm still frustrated by the whole situation, so the car better run well. The dog was so funny; as soon as she saw it, all she wanted to do was jump in the back. She was quite happy just laying back there even if we didn't go anywhere. What a dork!

Eating was better yesterday, no cake. Grilled burgers last night. Got to love this weather. Powerwalked at lunch time also.

I feel bad about another fly by today. I am reading them all. Just a quick note, if you don't have a GPS (like me) and want to know the mileage of your route, go to usatf.org, click on courses, where you can plot your route and it calculates the distance for you. When I go out before they are up (like weekends) I plot my expected route and leave the screen up on the computer. Gives them some idea where I am and they don't need to call me.

Gotta go. Hope you all gets more DOMS than me!

Good Morning Sherry and all who follows!

still feel like crap but i desperately need to workout. My nose is stuffy and my throat is itchy but im still goin for it }( today is GS chest and tricep and a 30min run interval(or a hour powerwalk).

Sherry,my eating hasn't been good eiter this week. Ive been pickingx(! I really need to get on the ball if im serious about losing this last bit of weight. High fives on your workout!

Hey to everybody. I'll try to bbl with personals from yesterdays thread!

Sherry, great workout today! Sorry about the DOMS. When this happens to me I change my routine up just a bit, that way I am doing other exercises which target muscles in a different way...just a thought.
Good news about the car! LOL on the pup!
Great eating too! You grilled out last night? When my birthday comes around, in May, I am getting a grill! Mine "broke down" 2 years ago!
Thanks for the GPS link! I will try it today!

Amelia, sorry you still feel yucky. :( Enjoy your workout! Glad you kept your ticker! ;-)

I wanted to share something I read in BFFM. It spoke to me so much that I typed it up on pretty paper, framed it and it's hanging over my dresser so I read it all the time:

"The act of setting a worthy goal for something you want and reaching it through determination, discipline and hard work changes the very fiber of your being and you become a stronger person, not just physically, but also mentally and emotionally".

Take this with you today and see if it helps you in your challenge.

I think I am on tap for a long run...I have 60 minute marathon outdoor iTread, can't remember the # though!

Have a great day ladies!

bbl

Hey Sherry! Glad you got the car back! Another site you can use to map your routes is www.mapmyrun.com. Great workout. And remember, just because you don't have DOMS does NOT mean you didn't work hard!

Amelia-take it easy, my dear. Be careful and pamper yourself till you're 100%.

Stephanie-thanks for that quote! So true, isn't it??? ENJOY your run today! The weather here is supposed to hit 80!!!!!!

OK....quickly before we head to the busstop. My workout this morning was Leaner Legs, and the floor work (plus firewalkers) from B&G. I feel great! I lightened up on the LL barbell because my Half is next Sunday and I didn't want to completely fry my legs today. I'm headed out this afternoon with my friend's DH again for an hour power walk. My calves are getting really rock hard with all this added walking!

Sorry to hit and run. I'll BB after the busstop and a quick grocery stop!

Gayle

Good Morning,

Hey Belinda: I saw that you did a great workout last night!
Hope you are doing well today.

Hi Amelia: I hope that you feel better today. Have a nice workout and try not to over do it.

Sherry: Nice workout! What a silly dog! :p Thank you for the info. this is great! I will do this the next time I take an early run. My DH is always calling me...I have to huff and Puff trying to talk to him. ;)

Hi Stephanie: Have a nice run. Let me know what you think of it. I have been eyeing this for my next pick. I like that quote and like Gayle said...boy is that true!

Gayle: Love those fire walkers! Feel the burn later! I hope your friend can keep up with you today. ;-) I bet he is just a little sore after yesterday's walk.
Thank you also for the web-site. Between the two I should be able to find my running areas.

It looks like it will be a really nice day here again. I will be joining you Gayle for that powerwalk. From my house up and around the block is 3.5 miles. Or the other route I take is an out and back of 4.6miles. Not sure which I will do. After working the other day in the yard I ended up with poison ivy on my arms and right upper foot. Really aggravating because it is a place my shoes keep hitting! Yeah....wasn't a good idea to be working in the yard without sneakers. :+

Ok...so plans for today:
PS upper
4ds abs
powerwalk

Have work and stuff to do around the house. No...I still didn't get that bench together yet.:-( I will try to work on it this afternoon with DS.

Have a great day for all those I missed. Heidi

Hi, Heidi. Bill (my neighbor/friend) was huffing and puffing yesterday. We kept hitting hill after hill after hill...and we PLANNED it that way. I'm wearing my GPS today to check our progress, pace, etc. Poison ivy...YUCK! I had it once when I was a kid in el school and I had it BAD..........as in eyes swollen shut, fingers that turned into 'webs' because they were swollen so badly. Doc said I was allergic to poison ivy. Well, I haven't had it SINCE! :)

I wanted to quickly update you on my weekend plans, in case I'm not online too much this weekend. First, Dave is coming over tonight along with my best friend and her DH for card night. We do this every other Friday night. My younger Sis from N Carolina is coming in with her DH super late tonight (they're driving because he refuses to fly). They are God Parents to our older sis's first daughter, and they're baptizing the second DD Sunday morning. Then younger sis and her DH are driving BACK to NC Sunday night. Yeesh! LOL So it's going to be a busy, but FUn weekend. Add to that, we've got 2 baseball practices Sat morning at 10am and 4pm. And I'm running my 8 mile long run (LAST ONE before next weekend's half) on Sunday. SO.........just in case I'm not online too much, it's because I'm surrounded by LOVED ONES all weekend!

I'm also gearing up for a few other things. NExt Saturday is a Mini Relay For Life at our High School stadium. I'm volunteering for the registration and my mom will be participating in some of the events as a current patient. Then next Sunday is my Half. The first full week in May is Teacher Appreciation Week at the school, and I'm chair person for that committee. So I'm currently working on planning out meals, drinks, etc for that entire week for our staff. So....busy, but ALL GOOD!

Now....off for meal 2 before work.

Gayle

Hi Gayle,

You have your plate full! I hope you have a great weekend with your family. Have a great run when you can fit it in too.;-)

We have a similar relay coming up here as well. Good for your Mom! You must be very proud of her.:)

I keep telling my MIL to keep moving. The moment you stop you are then old.:p

Have a great weekend!

BBL...working on weight bench.
:) Heidi

Morning!
This morning I did PUB and ran 3 miles using an iTread. My hip was feeling a little tight the last couple of days but it seems to have worked itself out….I was fine this morning. DH thinks I might have slept wrong. My goggles are supposed to be delivered tomorrow so I’ll have to schedule my first swimming lesson for next Saturday – 4/26.

I also have to call the sprinkler guys today to come turn on our sprinklers. The lawn is looking kind of a sickly brown. :(

Sherry – Glad to hear you got your car back…YAY! LOL, your pup sounds like such a cutie. I rarely get DOMS, don’t know why… If I get it, I know I did something totally out of the ordinary. My body adjusts to routines very easy so I have to change it up a lot. I think that’s why I’m SO looking forward to STS, I can let Cathe “do the driving.”

Amelia – I hope you’re not catching a cold! I’ve been doing a lot of picking at night myself. Time to reign it in!

Stephanie – GREAT quote! I love the iTread outdoor marathon’s, I use them for my long runs, too.

Gayle – Yay, taper….don’t you just love it, lol! I’m going to go light the week before the marathon and take it easy the week after (and I’m looking forward to it!) Your afternoon powerwalks sound great! Wow, you’re a busy woman! Enjoy your family time. :)

Heidi – Enjoy your walk this afternoon! I wish I could join you and Gayle….whaaa! :) Yikes, poison ivy is horrible! I had it one year from a trailrun I used to do in the summer…I thought I’d scratch my skin off! Hopefully things will settle down for you to put your bench together soon.

Hi to Michelle, Melissa, Belinda, & Carolyn (and anyone else I may have missed!)

Kathy

Good morning girls,

I slept in today! I slept like a baby! I will do BFL style legs on the Bowflex! I'm
disappointed that I don't have DOMS from yesterday! I miss my free weights!

Sherry** great job on your leg workout this morning!Glad you got your car back!

Amelia** I hope you feel better soon! What are you doing today?

Stephanie** love the quote! Enjoy your run!

Gayle** nice leg workout this morning! I will do the floor work from B&G too! WOW, you do have a lot going on! Sounds like a fun weekend!

Heidi** I tried to catch up on my workout, since I messed up this week and ended up doing the wrong workout! Sorry about your arm! Hope the itching stops soon! Enjoy your workouts!

I will do my workout after my coffee!

Have a great day!
Belinda

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid16930497

Morning Ladies,

I was MIA yesterday. I had my tennis match in the morning and as soon as I got home I had to shower, pick up at preschool and then run a neighbor's daughter to the dentist because momn was still on the court. I was beat by 5:00 and I should have worked out then , but instead I had major cravings of not so clean food and indulged myself. I feel like crap today. I also think I have a UTI. Not a good feeling. I need to go to the doctor for anitbiotics but I refuse to drag 5 - 2 year olds with me and they close by the time the parents pick up.

Right now my workout for today is on hold because I am waiting for one of my kiddos to return from a well doctor visit. I thought about starting as soon as she left, but with my luck I would be 1/2 through it and her mom would show up. Not good, working out when I should be babysitting:eek:.

I have the BFFM book. I need to start reading through it again.I followed it about a year ago and got results. I also need to get the BFL book. It seem like it is always checked out at the library.

Does any one else feel like they have become lazy, or is it just me? I feel absolutely unmotivated to do anything anymore. I don't know if it is from all the pollen, which I have allergies, or if my thyroid levels are off again. I am embarrased to say that I have totally blown clean eating for the last two weeks. It is soooo hard to get back on track. I also have to force myself to workout, but once I start I'm fine.

Sorry to be such a drag. I know you guys understand the issues and struggles we all go through. It seems my DH and family just roll their eyes at me.

BBL,

Sherry - I always get dissappointed when I don't DOMS. It makes me feel like I didn't work out hard enough. Glad to hear you got your car back, that must be a relief.

Amelia - Sorry to hear you're still not feeling too well. I've been picking alot this week too. I was getting into the habit of starting dinner as soon as I get home, but this week has been so nice outside that we've been having dinner a little later so that we can enjoy being outside for as long as possible. So what does that mean? I need a snack! A snack I usually wouldn't have. Last night I ate the last two applesauce banana bread muffins and some walnuts. Actually, I inhaled them. x(

Stephanie - I am lovin' that quote! When I got to the "every fiber of your being" part, it really hit me. I'm going to have to print that out and hang it somewhere, or maybe everywhere!! Thanks for posting!

Gayle - I completely forgot that I had Leaner Legs until I found it last night on my "VHS shelf". I immediately thought of you because I know how much you like it. }( It's on my rotation for next week along with CTX UB which I also found last night. SWEET!!! Sounds like you have a fun weekend on tap. ENJOY!!!

Heidi - ugh, poison ivy! Maybe you should go rub your foot on your leaf-blowing neighbor...}( I'm so EVIL..

Hi Belinda and Kathy and Carolyn.

BBL

Hello ladies:

Great quote Stephanie!

I'm ready to get focused!! I'm reviewing my calendar -- been too relaxed on the a.m. workouts this week. I'm ready to start fresh.

I'm not beating myself up -- it has been a great week. I have decided to change my "lifestyle" as well. I could have drove to the school the other day -- but instead powerwalked. Last night my daughter wanted to play a game -- but instead we went on a bike ride. :)

The only way for ME to get the workouts in is to do them at 4:30 a.m.-- and what motivates me is that I can't post here with you ladies -- until the workout is DONE! Okay, that is a challenge I'm ready for!

Gee, I just motivated myself! har har!

Michelle

Michelle - congrats on your lifestyle changes! And for setting a good example for DD!!

Okay ladies, I'm having the same issue that I had yesterday...I'M STARVING!!! I am now eating my lunch (salad w/tuna) which I shouldn't be eating until around 1-1:30..AHHHHHH!!!! I ended up having the rest of the salmon & brown rice this morning (3oz salmon & 1/2 c rice) just like yesterday. Maybe it's not staying with me as long as the protein shake was?! I don't know what is going on but it's going to me a long day...

Tonight is supposed to be BFL LB, but I think I could use some extra cardio this week so I'm going to do HSTA cardio & lb premix. I'm already dreading all of those leg presses. It'll be good for me though, right?!?!?!

Melissa, LOL on the leaf-blowing neighbor! You ARE evil!;-) and I like the idea! Does that make me evil too?

Michelle, good for you, you self-motivator, you! Have a great day and an even better tomorrow morning during your workout!

Carolyn, I'm sorry you are having a hard time. :( A short-term failure or struggle does not mean you'll never achieve the final result. It does not mean you will always struggle to gain ground. It is only a part of the changing process and proof that you are doing the right things and following the right path. Hang in there, girl. We are here for you!

Heidi, I love iTread 6 - Outdoor (58:36) Marathon Program
I am copying Kathy's breakdown:
Phase 1
Break 1 - 6:29
Break 2 - 11:44
Break 3 - 17:06
Break 4 - 23:19
Break 5 - 28:06
Break 6 - 33:26
Phase 2
Break 7 - 6:05
Sprints - 10:19 - 17:06
Break 8 - 22:15

Kathy, I hope your hip continues to behave. Great workout today! I loved iTread 6! Have a great day!

Belinda, how nice you got to sleep in! How's the housecleaning coming?

Stephanie - yes, that makes you evil too!! But in a good way..:7

Carolyn - I just went back and read your post after reading Stephanie's words of wisdom (^^^5's to Stephanie). I do have periods of time when I feel extremely lazy and unmotivated. I think we all do! You have to dig down deep girl and find a way to re-motivate yourself. What will happen if you don't??? You certainly won't start feeling any better. Are you planning on trying for a spot on the RT? Use that as motivation. What do you want to look like and more importantly, how do you want to feel about yourself the next time you see CATHE FREIDRICH and all of the friends you made last year (including me, of course!;) ). Think about that! You want to strut into that gym singing BOW-CHICK-A-WOW-WOW in your head!! BTW: you have to sing that like on the Chipmunks movie!! Hopefully you know what I'm talking about or I just made myself look like a DORK!! :eek:

Melissa - I'm so glad to know it's not just me with the hunger pains. Ugh! I've already eaten my lunch too - and it is only 11:00. That's why, for me, I've had to modify BFL. The one thing that works for me in the afternoons is the 100 calorie bag of popcorn -- seems to fill me up and I get a lot crunch out of it. However, this "afternoon" is a looooong way off. Guess I'm going for some gum!

Michelle
P.S. We just rented the Chipmunks movie this weekend. My daughter wants the CD of the songs -- I just don't know if I can handle that while driving! :)

Stephanie and Melissa,

I really appreciate your encouraging words. I really need to dig deep within and figure out what my problem is. I actually started the self-sabatoge mid-March, after I has lost 9 pounds. Go figure. Maybe I feel insecure once people start to notice the changes.

As far as the RT goes, I'm not sure what to do. I desperately want to go. Once I start to think about it and add it all up, I start having second thoughts. We have so many expenses coming up. My DS is graduating and then going to college, my DD desperately need braces ( we have no dental insurance), I will have zero income in exactly 23 days, DH is looking for a job, etc...Sure, I could credit card the whole thing, but that is just adding weight to a sinking ship.
Plus, there are still some pieces of equipment that I would like to have for the STS series.

I have been reading through some of the other forums and there are a lot of people who attended the RT last year that are going to be able to go due to finances, and the price of gas! That makes me feel a little better.
I don't know, maybe I need one of you guys to come down here and slap some sense into me:p

Thanks again for the encouragement. I hope to have snapped out of it by the next time I post.

BOW-CHICK-A WOW-WOW:+

Hey girls,im just popping in to say that i need to take a break from the computer for a while:) I will pop in when i get a chance. It just seems that im on here so much and my kids aren't getting the attention that they deserve from there mommie:-(.

Hugs to everybody and i will keep you guys updated:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.