BFL TGIF 1/18

Sherry K

Cathlete
IT’S FRIDAY!

Upper Body – GS Back/Shoulders/Biceps – I love this one! Almost felt easy today – is that the results of the using 4DS lately? I’ll need to heavy up next time! Oh, and I always work out before I post. This is kind of like my workout dessert.

Nice to meet all of you in yesterday’s thread!

My belated intro: I’m 41 (last Oct.), married 15 years to DH (also 41) with 2 kids, DS at 11 and DD at 9, one cat, one pup, and 3 fish. We live in Michigan, Detroit suburbs, where I’m a quality manager for an automotive supplier and DH is a college prof. My hobbies include reading, scrapbooking, and cardmaking (stamping). Working out seems to have progressed to an obsession. I’ve never met a dessert that was too rich for me, and everything chocolate is my weakness. I started running 6 months shy of 40 and have run several 5K’s since. After DH’s heart attack 2 years ago, I realized I had to start focusing on me. That’s why I’m on this journey.

Yesterday was not a clean day. I had expected to go out to lunch, but a customer scheduled at 2:00 came early at 11:30 because he had to get somewhere else after us. No time to go out after he left, so ended up eating my afternoon snack for lunch, then had M&M’s for my snack. Figure pizza for dinner was ok at that point. Bummer ‘cause I’ve been so good, but it’s only one day. Looks like there’s some extra cardio on the schedule for this weekend now.

Belinda – Yeah for the MP3! Now to get some motivating tunes on it.

Michelle – I got the worksheets. Thanks. I always keep track of my weight. These will make it so much easier.

Gayle – Your energy and enthusiasm are contagious. I see you going a mile a minute constantly. When do you slow down?

Susan – What’s the baby update?

Kathy – Ambitious goals! I hope I can follow in your footsteps, bike rut, and wake someday!

Melissa – I depend on your meal posts for menu inspirations! And motivates me to stay clean.

Jennifer – Enjoy the microwave. I have the same problem with water at work. The chilled water is downstairs, and the upstairs sink never seems to get cold enough.

Jean – I love how you celebrate the little victories of the day. I need to see what I need to add to my rubber stamp collection. DH is funny. He laughs how I buy this stuff, yet when he needs a card . . .

Carolyn – Admirable story and great attitude. You’ve got a great support group here.

I think I missed someone. Hope you have a great day, too.

The weekend is only a few hours away (already there for Belinda), and it’s even a bonus 3 day weekend for most. Enjoy the day! Embrace the DOMS!

Good morning, Sherry...posting is your workout dessert! I LOVE that comment! LOL Forget about the m&ms and the pizza. You said it was only one day...it REALLY was only one MEAL! No worries. Onward and upward, right?

[marquee][font size=+2 font color=purple]It’s FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!![/marquee] [/font]

Good morning everybody !!!!!!! I’m excited it’s Friday. WE have a 3-day weekend also and the kids and I are looking forward to the NFL games on Sunday (which also happens to be my Rest day and my Free day!)

This morning, I was up earlier again. YEAH! I’ve been shooting for a 5am start! I did PLB and Stretch Max with the band.

My moody blues (although not real bad, lol) seemed to have lifted with TOM this morning. I knew it was coming, and that's what makes it easier to go thru the day with PLANNED clean meals even though something inside me was nagging a litle bit for the junk food. HEY...I can wait 2 more days, right? lol

My planned meals look like this:
M1: egg white with 1 slice w/w toaast
M2: taco chicken wrap
M3: protein pancakes
M4: salad with taco chicken and baked lo carb tortilla chips
M5: meatloaf muffins, steamed carrots
M6: apple and string cheese

I think on Sunday for free day, I'm going to make the turkey meatloaf in EFL. This way it's clean, and the leftovers will be good for the week. I've also got a hankerin' for a pot roast and a roasted chicken! LOL I'd rather have THOSE cravings than the other ones! LOL

I'll be back after I get the kids on the bus!

Gayle

Good morning ladies !!!

I only have a second to chat. Just got in my lower body workout -- so glad it is FRIDAY!!!

My computer went down yesterday morning. I had no IDEA how hooked on this thread I was, until all day I couldn't get on it!!! I fussed with the computer all day and I was a MESS. I finally called the phone company -- that was the problem!!

I just quickly logged on this morning and it is fixed -- yeah!! I don't think I could have gone all weekend without you girls!! I'll have time when I get to work to read over anything I missed from yesterday afternoon. :)

BBL-
Michelle

Good morning everyone. I am so happy that it's Friday. I just hope my work day goes my fast. I'll be even happier when it's Sunday! }(

Sherry - glad to hear that my menu posts are inspiring you!! It really works for me to post my meals because if I have the urge to stray, I immediately feel guilty because I already told everyone what I was going to eat!! Keeps me on track.

Gayle - I think I'm going to make the EFL turkey meatloaf, too. And I hear you about the junk nagging you. I don't really enjoy junk food all that much, but lately I just feel like I "need" something. I can wait 2 days if you can...DEAL?!

Michelle - Howdy!! :+

Okay, here are my meals for today.

M#1: protein pancakes & strawberries
M#2: w/w wrap w/tuna & veggies
M#3: beef & barley soup
M#4: apple & string cheese
M#5: ??? still up in the air about this one
M#6: 1/2 c oatmeal, 1/2 c milk

Have a great morning...BBL!

Good morning ladies,

just a quick check in! I am getting ready do do my leg workout! I will do 4DS legs and MM legs + MM abs!

Sherry I am here! I slept in this morning! My kids kept calling us all night long! I am still tired!

I will be back later with personals!
Belinda

Melissa-YOU'RE ON! Thanks for the mini challenge. My urges and that inner voice in the back FAR back of my head is asking for snack food. I'm a snacker and would snack on little things all day long...I could make it thru an entire MONTH without a real meal, just SNACKS! LOL OK.....no giving in till Free Day!

Belinda-did DH get home safely...and more importantly.....WITH THE MP3 PLAYER? LOL

Michelle-yup...you're officially HOOKED, girl! lol Glad you could join us this morning.

For those of you who are enjoying (or trying to enjoy) the protein pancakes, DH used to make these and eat them with a Tablespoon or 2 of sugar free grape jelly. It sort of melts on the top and IS INDEED a yummy topping!

May I ask a [font color=red]QUESTION OF THE DAY?

What TV shows are you currently watching?
[/font]

Me....I watch The Amazing Race (Season Finale is this Sunday), The Biggest Loser (I'm liking this Couples season the best for some reason), and The Apprentice. Survivor is due to start next month, so I'm REALLY looking forward to that!

BBL

Gayle

Good Morning,

Today is a cardio day. Not sure which one I'll do. Will have to wait until I take DD to school.

Melissa and Gayle - You guys will love the meatloaf. I did anyway. My DH wants me to try the chicken enchilidas or pot roast this weekend.

They are forcasting a whopping 2-4" of snow again tonight and tomorrow. No big deal except I live in GA and we never get snow!!

I ate cream of wheat w/protien powder mixed in w/fruit. Quite Yummy on this cold morning.

BBL

Carolyn

Sherry – So nice to see your bio today! I agree, one day does not eliminate all the hard work you’ve done the last few weeks. Just pick up, dust off, and make today even better.

Gayle – Unfortunately I don’t get Monday off, but DH and the boys do. I’m really getting a hankering for a nice big IHOP breakfast (with harvest grain pancakes).

Michelle – Glad the internet connection is fixed, yikes! I’m lost without the computer, lol.

Melissa – Your’s (and Gayle’s) food look yummy for today. Enjoy.

Belinda – Have a great workout and I hope you can catch up on your sleep later!

Carolyn – More snow…OH my! We had a sprinkling yesterday but it turned to rain real fast. I’ll have to try the Cream of Wheat w/protein powder (although me and wheat don’t really get along all that well…gastrointestinally, ugh!) ;(

Gayle – My favorite shows are – Biggest Loser, Journey Man, Medium, Law and Order SVU and CI), 30 Rock, John Kate + 8, Little People, Big World and me and DH are currently watching the Arrested Development DVDs (seasons 1-3). It’s a miracle I get anything done, lol. Oh, and I watch or listen to Discovery Health constantly.

Workout for this morning was a BFL upper body workout and the abs from Step Heat. I’m going to change up my BFL upper and lower body workouts next week (I figure I’ll do it every 3 weeks).

Have a great day,
Kathy

Hi girls,

very quick! I am done with 4DS legs + Muscle Max "Lower body only" premix + MM abs/ stretch!

I don't think I will be catching up with my meals today! It's alread going on 3:30 pm and I didn't had lunch yet! I am only on my M2!

I will shower up and I will be back! I priomis!
Belinda

Okay, I can relax -- I got my "forum" fix in!! Seriously, I was going CRAZY yesterday. You girls really are my lifeline to keeping me going!!

I laughed out loud at the "piggy" comment from yesterday. You should have walked right up to Gayle and asked to see her toes!! I can't believe you had never had a pedicure before Gayle!! Aren't they they bomb!!

Listening to you talk about the road trip is so fun. I think someday we'll have to have a BFL roadtrip of our own!!

My favorite shows are: Biggest Loser, Journey Man, Medium (on my gosh Kathy, top three are the same!!) of course SURVIVOR!! ( can't live with out and can't wait for Gayle to try out for it!!) I also tape Oprah everyday and watch it when it is something that seems interesting. I also love Desp. Housewives and Brothers & Sisters. Anybody watch Brothers & Sisters???? -- it's awesome.

Geez, I didn't realize I watch so much tv!! Good thing I have tivo so I can zip through them. Maybe it's a good thing the writers are on strike -- that way when there are no programs to watch I'll have more time to work out!! har har!!

Gotta run!
Michelle

Gayle - glad to hear that you have accepted my CHALLENGE..hehehe. I am a huge snacker as well. Especially when I come home from work. It's mindless...which = lots of calories!

Kathy - IHOP is my DD's favorite restaurant. She could live on their pancakes. We cannot even ask her where she wants to go when we do go out to dinner because it's IHOP every time. Her BDAY is coming up and we go to IHOP every year!! Then to the mall for a Build-A-Bear. It's a tradition.

Carolyn - enjoy the snow! Does your town come to a standstill when you get a couple of inches?

Belinda - 4DS Legs & MM LB premix sounds like a great workout. Report on DOMS tomorrow, okay? I did Push Pull LB 2x last night and I was really feeling it. Even leg presses, which I really have a hard time "feeling" those. I went really heavy on the weights. Next time I'm going to shoot for LB 3x.

Okay SHOWS I'M WATCHING:

Biggest Loser, just can't get enough. Glad they voted off whats-his-name this week. Every time he held onto the treadmill, I cringed. I did feel bad for his wife though. They looked great when they showed them at the end. I love that part. Moonlight and Jon & Kate +8.

Hi Michelle. I took so long to post, that you squeaked in without me seeing you! I like your BFL RT idea!!!

Maybe some day I'll have the chance to see Gayle's piggies again and I WILL NOT HESITATE to check them out.;-) :+

Melissa - The Biggest Loser is just soooo motivating I think. I know, Neill drove me crazy. His poor wife. I do LOVE to see how healthy and strong they always look in the end! It is just amazing.

Carolyn - Ooohhhh, finally someone else whole likes cream of wheat with protein powder -- I just love it!!! :) I just can't stand eggs in the morning!!

Michelle

I just knew Neill was gone when they fell below the yellow line! He was driving me CRAZY when he held onto the treadmill. Then when he stopped holding on to the treadmill, he'd jump off and stand on the sides....ARGH! LOL! :7

They did look good after though, Amanda had almost caught up with him in weightloss. :)

Kathy G

Hi Ladies ~

Just popping in to say a quick hello! Work has been busy today!
Not a great day either (what else is new...LOL)... I feel FAT!
I pulled the 4DS rotation, and plan on starting that tomorrow. I was previewing the Upper Body Premix last night, looks good! Actually looks like a fun workout...:)

Gotta run and take my DD to the doctors this afternoon. She feel on her bum yesterday at school and hurt her tailbone. The nurse at school suggested I take her, just so they can do a x-ray. I know they can't do anything for her, but I guess it's good to have it checked out. I feel for her, I fell on mine 15+ years ago and it's still bothers me at times... makes a popping noise if I sit for too long. She emailed me from school and said that she has been sitting on her knees all day b/c it hurts too much to sit down...LOL Poor thing! :(

BBL~ I really need to clean up my eating, so it looks like my house is going to be cooking all weekend long to prepare for next week :)
Take Care~

"Today is a Gift, Have Fun"

~Jennifer~

="http://images.meez.com/user07/3/8/4/4/4/4/8/3844448_bodyshot_300x400.gif

Hello,

Just checking in today with BodyMax 2 done. }( Love this one! It is very long though.

Sherry: Great job on GS b-s-bi! I did this one on Weds. I really like the GS series.

Belinda: I can't believe that you did GS legs and then MM legs too!}( Wow you'll be feeling this one tomorrow. :) How is the Mp3 working out?

Susan: What's the news on your friends baby? Hope everything is alright...

Gayle: Glad that you are feeling happier today. :) As always great job on your workout.}( I love the pot roast from EfL and so did the family. I will be making this one again soon.
My family is generally a Sci Fi one.

Carolyn: Welcome! I hope you have a great cardio workout later.:D

Jean: I like to celebrate my workouts by adding a Cathe sticker to my calender. It makes me smile everytime! :7

Hello to Kathy,Michelle and Melissa! Have a great workout!

I have a meeting with the accountant at 2pm and have more paperwork to get done. BBL Heidi

Well, I did the Blast Only premix from IMAX2. Has anyone every tried it? It definitely should be considered a HIIT workout if its not already. It didn't seem too hard while I was doing it, but when Cathe cools down for the 1 minute your heart really feels it.

My favorite shows"

Nip/Tuck, The Office, Biggest Loser, Damages, and 24. It will be interesting to see what shows actually return due to the writers strike.

Turkey Burger for meal #3 on the George Forman Grill. Man, I love that grill.
Off to make mini quiches to munch on for later.

Gayle & Melissa - You're going to love the Turkey Meatloaf!

Has anyone made the Enchilidas from the EFL cookbook? My DH wants me to make those this weekend:9

Carolyn

Carolyn - The enchilidas from EFL are the BEST!! I love to cook and I have an awesome recipe for enchilidas. Well, when I first made these from EFL my DH sheepishly told me he liked them better than my normal ones. I would have killed him -- except I agreed AND they are soooo much healthier. Let me tell, we fight over the leftovers!! So, ENJOY!!!

Michelle

Kathy - Since you like Journeyman, have you ever read the Time Traveler's Wife? It's one of my all time favorite books!!

Michelle

I am SO ready for this workday to be over. 45 more minutes and counting. Or maybe I can sneak out a little early...

Carolyn - I haven't tried the Imax 2 blast only premix yet, but maybe I'll do that tonight. I have tried the Imax 3 blast only premix and YOWZA, I barely made it through. I am not as familiar with Imax3 as I am with Imax2, so maybe I'll enjoy it more. Imax 2 always makes me smile.

I have got to get a George Foreman grill. I wonder how often I would use it though, I'm still grilling outside even when it's in the 20's. I would think the GF grill would be nice and quick, though.

Now I'm going to have to check out that EFL Enchilada recipe, too. This cookbook is just THE BEST!!! Between EFL and Tosca's Eat Clean Cookbook, I should be all set. Now only if I could get DH and DD to eat whatever I make...:7 . Maybe I just shouldn't give them a choice...}( .

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.