BFL Survivor Thursday

Hey guys. I hope you don't mind my starting the thread with a single BRB. lol I just want to make sure that I don't post at the exact same time as somebody else!

Today's Survivor Thursday. Does anybody else watch that show? The kids and I have watched it from Day 1, every season, and we make a little treat of it. The kids are allowed to eat and drink in the living room. Whatever they want.

OK....I was up early as usual. I just LOVE when the early alarm clock gets to be habit! I actually went to bed earlier than usual last night. I was asleep by 9:45 and when BF called at 10:30, I was completely zoned out! Nodded off twice while he was talking to me. LOL!!!

This morning's workout was FINALLY iTread 24, all 60 minutes. Followed by Ab Boot Camp. I'm sporting some awesome butt and ab DOMS. I have to say, that I think I've had DOMS somewhere in my body for each day since beginning this challenge over 8 weeks ago! lol Does that make me sick? lol

OK...quiet morning for me, so I'm on the PC doing some Christmas research/buying. Then work. Then a quiet afternoon with the kids (may go to the YMCA swimming for a while). Then tonight is my Book Club meeting. I wrote in today's journal that "I will eat before I go to book club and I will NOT EAT ANYTHING while there...only drink water." It usually helps to write it down before I go!

Have an AWESOME THURSDAY!

I'm here again early in the morning.Got an hour of cardio in and 15 minutes of abs and 30 minutes of stretching. Yesterday I got a massage because I was sore! I feel great today. I am so glad to have the workout out of the way even though I could do it for a profession and never get tired of it.
Sounds like you have another full day Gayle and it is so exciting.What are you reading now? I like to keep my reading light and am reading ONE for the MOney by EVanovich. It is amusing.
Well I have to get DS1 off to school and start working with the others.
Have a great day.And thanks for the info on how you lift that heavy BB.

Veronika

Good Morning, Ladies ~ :)

Last night was S&H Chest/Back. I really pushed myself, felt good. No major DOMS today, but I know I worked them good, as I was feeling the burn! :) Today is HIIT on the treadmill. Going to stop at lunch break and get it over with, this way I can relax for once when I get home from work.

Feeling good. Of course, my BF is telling me my face is looking to thin again ~ Hell, I can't help it if this is the 1st place I lose it, besides my chest .. LOL :)

One more week of S&H and then I will do a 4-week rotation of BBC. I anxious to see how my body reacts to the different training. I know adding in Power Yoga has helped me a great deal and I have only been doing it for 3 weeks now.

Gayle~ Great workout! I wish I had 1/2 of your energy. Sounds like you have a busy day again! :) I'm not big on Surviour, I think I only watched it the 1st season. I did miss Biggest Loser this week though :( Who got kicked off?

Veronika~ Awww....massage. I was lucky last night also, my DD gave me a 5 minute massage, heck I will take what I can get. :) Great work getting your workout in! Have a Great Day!

"Today is a Gift, Have Fun"

~Jennifer~

www.picturetrail.com/fitness-momx2

Good Morning to you all,

Just checking in with my workout done for the day.
IMAX 2
Ab Hits #4

Phew that IMAX is tough!}( But I did it!

Gayle: I am feeling that extra increase in my weights yesterday. My hamstrings are fairly tight today. A little in my backside as well! I always seem to notice my workouts a day to a couple days later for some weird reason.
Anyway...so did you like the iTread #24? It really burns the calories!

Veronika: It would be great to get a massage sometime. But I am a shy person when it comes to getting down to my undies in front of strangers...even my regular Doc! I think I will stick to yoga and cool showers. ;-)

Jennifer: Great job in getting in your workout last night. That was really sweet of your daughter to give you a massage as well.

My friend came over last night to workout and she mentioned that I was looking really thin. I think it is more that I lost weight in my face like you. ;-) Just more muscle and better tone all around. I feel happy with just that. :7
I will have to look back at my numbers and compare them to what I am now. I am sure that there are several numbers that are lower!

Get ready to sweat big time with the BBC workouts! These are tough ones.

Time to get ready for the day. BBL
Have a great day everyone.

Just checking in!

Back from the gym. HIIT on Treadmill today. My "10" was @ 7.5 mph. Feels good to have it over with! Tonight I will do some ab work, probably BM2 (never done this one) :)

Feels like my endurance increased, as it felt easier to run and increase my #'s this time around.

Going to heat up my fish for lunch .. YUM LOL --
Tonight is Turkey Meatloaf for dinner and carry over to lunch tomorrow!

Heidi~ Great work getting IM2 in. I don't have this one, only #1 & #3. I will have to add this one on the list to get. Yeah, my DD can be sweet at times, but she always wants something in return, so I have to pay the price :)

Has anyone had great results adding Power Yoga into their routine? I swear my arms are more toned than they have ever been. Maybe it's my eyes..LOL :)

BBL,
Jenn ~

~Jennifer~

Hi everyone!

Just lurking around the check-ins. I'm in the "Melters...10lbs by Christmas." However, as I've only lost 2 so far, I don't think I'm going to make it to 10 by Christmas! :(

Anyway, I have the BFL book AND the cookbook (which I love). However, I have just never taken the plunge and decided to go all out BFL. I don't know why. So, if I don't start seeing some results soon, I may be joining all of you! :) It looks like you are all doing great and seeing some results! Way to go!!

I had to post today because of Gayle's love for "Survivor"! My kids are 8 and 9 and we also have watched it since the beginning and LOVE it!! It is the one show we ALWAYS watch together. We were even bummed on Thanksgiving when it was just a re-cap. How lame are we??? It doesn't seem like many people are watching it anymore, so it is nice to hear that someone is as hooked as I am!!

Gotta run! Nice chatting with you!
Michelle

Hey, Michelle. Yeah...Survivor on TDay was a HUGe disappointment. Listen to what happened here...I was laughing my butt off the next day, thinking of it. Just at around 7:58pm that night, my NEW DVR goes out. OUT! It's the ONLY DVR in the house and it's the only thing programmed to record it. My mom, who also comes over to watch with us every week, RUNS upstairs to my bedroom to put the channel on and we all huddle on my bed. When we realized it was just a recap, I think we all cried a little without letting each other know it! We marched back down the stairs, I called the cable company, they fixed the DVR from wherever they are, and we watched the recap with BAD attitudes! LOL Too funny!

You are more than welcome to join us anytime.....even if you're not doing BFL. I LOVE the EFL cookbook too.

ANYWAY....thanks for stopping in! Some days are quieter here than others, so stick around if you'd like!

Gayle

I'd love to chime in sometimes -- I'm over here lurking anyway. :)

"Dieting" is just so hard -- and I like the fact on BFL you are actually eating. I think my problem is that those recipes are soooo good, I eat too much.

What is it with the last 10 pounds?? And I know BFL isn't about the 10 lbs but inches -- so I'll say what is it about the 2-3 extra inches around my stomach?

I'm 38, two kids, and have gained and lost these 10-15 pounds (or 2-3 inches) almost every year or so. I'm so ready to get rid of it for good!!

You gals are an awesome bunch and obviously it looks like BFL is working!! So keep up with what you are doing!

Michelle

Jennifer -- what Power Yoga are you doing? I'm thinking of asking for a Yoga video for Christmas. :)

Thanks!
Michelle

Welcome Michelle! :) Come on over, the more the merrier!

For yoga, I am currently going to a Power (Heated) Yoga class near my house. It's 90 mins long, and awesome! I am soaked by the time it's done! However, I just purchased Kristen McGee's Power Yoga DVD, and looking into purchasing Eoin & Bryan Kest 3-DVD set.
So far, I try to get in at least 1-class, and then 1-2 at home.

~Jennifer~

Hello and Welcome Michelle,:)

(Even if you are lurking you are more than welcome to come hang with us women)
Losing the last 10 pounds or 10 pounds in general in a month is really a task for anyone.

I don't want to say that I am on a diet but on a healthy way of eating. Like Gayle, I too like quite a few of the BFL and EFL recipes. I also use many from Tosca Reno's cookbook...Eat-Clean.
So far on this program I have lost a good 6 pounds and I will be doing this next month as well. So it would be great to have more people join us who are just starting out.

Jennifer: I love BM2 just an all out fun workout. Abs in this are pretty good too..so enjoy. }(

I have been going a lot of ab workouts with the 8# medicine ball and it is paying off. I might have to go get a heavier one! One exercise that got my back the other day was the twisting motion side to side. I really felt this in my obliques and back muscles.

On the Oxygen channel there is an early morning yoga routine that I recorded and use frequently...Inhale. I do feel it in my upper body and chest muscles. It has made me much stronger especially for push-ups. So yes to Power Yoga and being a great workout and stretch at the same time. Another great one is Yoga for Athletes by Rodney Yee...great for after a hard run. (thinking iTread :D )

Great job Jennier on hitting higher numbers on your HIIT workout today.

Hello Michelle-Welcome,
This really is a very nice group of ladies and very motivating.I can honestly say the only thing keeping me going is seeing how hard everyone is working to finish the race.I don't always eat clean but I do get the workouts done.You are so right about not thinking about the pounds. Just this week,I went an got size 8 jeans since mine were practically falling off of me and the scale has only showed that I lost several pounds but the inches are changing big time.

Jennifer, are you doing the yoga for cardio or is that just something extra you do? I don't have the time to fit anything extra in but I have done a couple of simple yoga tapes after my workouts just for stretching.I don't know how advanced you have to be to do yoga to get cardio out of it.My tapes wouldn't count ,that is for sure.

Heidi,is the Oxygen channel the same as FitTV? I have my cable set up with Grande Communication and they don't have FitTV.Does Oxygen have Cathe on it?And anyone else you would recommend?

Veronika

Hi Veronika,

I have Direct TV and it has loads of channels. However, Oxygen does not have Cathe on it that I am aware of. I do have FitTV and this is where I first learned of Cathe's workouts. I started out taping them weekly with our DVR which came with our hook-up system. Then I looked her up on-line and have been going strong ever since. The few series I don't have of Cathe's are:
Intensity: Terminators
The Classics
Circuit Max & Cardio Kicks
Cardio Hits

Short of posting a question on open discussion to find out what other people are using for Yoga and whether or not they would consider them Cardio Types, I can't think of anything else.
I am not your typical yoga type anyway but I do like easy to follow routines that don't require you to turn inside out or become twisted like a pretzel. ;-)

Keep up the good work you are doing! :D (I still need that belt for my pants! I can't seem to get myself to the store to go clothes shopping... I hate that more than grocery shopping.)

BBL :)

Hi Ladies~

Just sitting down to dinner. Having Turkey Breast Cutlet, peas, & mushrooms! YUM I had my BF cook for me tonight, he is so much of a better cook then me :) :9

That is a good question. The Yoga I do is Power Yoga (Heated). It's a 90 minute class, and I tend to be drenched in sweat after I am done. Looking up appx how many calories you burn .. it states up to 300 or so.
I am trying to cut my cardio down a bit, so I have just started doing 2-cardio (HIIT & Intervals;ie Cathe) and Power Yoga. I normally also do a Power Yoga DVD on my free day to stretch out!

Veronika~ Congrats on dropping your jean size! :) Keep up the great work. I am finding that also, the scale has not showed much approvement, but my clothes are fitting better!

~Jennifer~

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.