BFL for Sunday May 4

Good Morning all!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BELINDA!!! I hope you have a great day!

HAPPY 40th ANNIVERSARY TO YOUR PARENTS GAYLE!!!

I wonder how Kathy is doing in her race? Can't wait to hear from her!

bbl

GO KATHY, GO!

Looks like it's also:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BELINDA!

and Gayle, wish your parents Happy 40th!

Wow! What a day for celebration!

BBL!

Happy Birthday Belinda!! I hope you have a great day!

Good morning Stephanie, Sherry & Amelia and all that follow!

It's really raining here this morning and I'd much rather crawl back in bed, but off to do CC#2 instead!

Hope everyone has a great day! BBL :+

ETA: We have another birthday in the house ladies...HAPPY BIRTHDAY STEPHANIE!!!:+

What great pics Stephanie! Thanks for sharing!!!

You certainly don't look your age!!!

Enjoy your cake and ice cream. Have a slice for me will ya?!?:+

Hello,

A quick check-in for me..sorry I was MIA yesterday!

Busy household with guests.

Happy Birthday Belinda and Stephanie!:) :) :)

GO KATHY GO! Hope you are doing well in your race today! I look forward to reading your race story later. :D

Happy Anniversary to your parents Gayle. :)

Amelia: Enjoy your PW!

Hi Melissa: How is that bike working out for you? Have a great workout with CC!

Stephanie: What a nice photo! You young chick you!!! :)

Yesterday I managed to get in a PW on the treadmill. iTread #14. Thanks Kathy for the recommendation to this one. It was a great mix!

Have to go...I have to get dinner cooking for the guests. Take Care All! Heidi

Happy Birthday Stephanie!

Hi Melissa, Amelia, Belinda, and Heidi

Ran 3 miles on the track above the rink while DD was at figure skating. Picked up groceries on the way home. Made it through the first 3 episodes of The Tudors last night before hitting the sack. Boys are now home and in the showers getting the camping trip washed off them. Getting ready to grill turkey burgers for a late lunch before heading off to DD's soccer game. Weather is beautiful here (sorry, Melissa).

Kathy - we're waiting to hear how you did!

Have a great day!

Hey girls! HAPPY BIRTHDAY STEPHANIE love the pics!!! And Melissa is right,you don't look your age!!!

Hey to Melissa,Heidi,Belinda and everybody that follows or i forgot;-)

I got my workout in,did a 30min Powerwalk on the TM,felt good! I guess i could of gone longer but my sister was due arrive not to long after and my house needed to be picked up.

LOL,im SUCH a stinker}( DH was still asleep when i went into the bedroom,turned the light on and started my workout!}(}( He didn't say anything....i warned him about ten minutes prior;-)

ok,everybody have a good day!

Ahhh, thanks for the sweet comments! By the way I'm holding my hands, it looks like I'm signaling 4, not 40! LOL

Kathy, where are you? Hope all went well!

Belinda, what are you doing today? Did DH call and wish you a happy birthday?

Melissa, I had a BITE for ya! YUMMY!!! I even had the corner piece! :eek:

Sherry, great run! You will be ready for your race, no problem!

Amelia, LOL on your DH not saying anything! How sweet he is! Glad you got your WO in today! How are you feeling? Better, I hope!

bbl

Hi ladies!

First, Happy Birthday to Stephanie and Belinda! YAY!!! Your pics are beautiful, Stephanie...thanks so much for sharing them. :)

Oh my, where do I start, lol. Let's see we drove up yesterday afternoon and made a quick stop at Sonic (yeah….we love that place!) I tried a mocha java chiller….yummy but about 500 calories, yikes! Then we checked into the hotel and found out they weren't offering late checkouts for the marathoners, what a bummer. I had to pack a bag with a change of clothes to drop off at the baggage drop in the marathon host hotel. I couldn't stand the thought of driving an hour and half in my stinky running clothes and torturing DH. :eek:

I got up this morning and decided to go with shorts and a long sleeve top (with my terry sweatshirt on top that I tied around my waist when it got warm). The weather was cloudy, foggy, but NO rain as predicted. We left the hotel at 6:30 am and it took us 30 minutes to drive down to the start which was 5 miles away. The traffic was backed up something terrible, the town was definitely not built for a mass of people all trying to get to one spot! DH got me about ¼ mile from the start but I still had to run and check in my bag with my change of clothing.

I made it outside near the start corral at about 7:20 am and runners were backed up outside the gate to get in. We stood there until the gun went off and then pushed our way in to run over the timing mat (we wore timing chips). I figure it took about 4 minutes to cross over. Once we were over, we ran as a huge pack for a couple of miles until it started to thin out a bit. Both half marathoners and full marathoners started at the same time so there were 8500 people running the first leg (the course is two laps of the same 13.1 miles).

They gave us the option of having our names printed on our number bibs. I'm SO glad I decided to do it. What a wonderful thing to have lots of strangers calling out your name and encouraging you along the way. I really needed it a few times because my legs started out feeling tired and only got more tired as I went along, lol.

The support crew at the water stations was incredible, and the stations were very well placed this year. I never felt thirsty once (although I can't even look at a cup of Gatorade right now!) ;)

THE most inspirational thing I saw today was a lady pushing her Mom in an adult jog stroller. She was in amazing shape and whizzed right by me, lol but what a wonderful thing to witness. Her Mom had a huge smile on her face and the crowd went wild when they saw them. Ah, getting a little teary here.

The first loop went very well and I might have paced myself too slow. I usually push harder the first half because I know the second half is harder (especially the last 5 miles). My half time was about 2:27 (chip time) and I heard the announcer saying the first marathoner was coming in right behind me. Wow I thought, dang….he's almost done! The second half started out pretty well but I had to take a bathroom break at about mile 15. I got out of there feeling a little stiff but it went away after about a quarter mile. The tiredness hit me at about mile 20 and then again at mile 23. I started dragging serious butt about then….lol. I thought I had it in the bag for under 5 hours but I fizzled. I'm telling you, I'm so grateful for the people on the boardwalk hollering my name the last half mile. They literally pushed me in.

I have to say all in all this was the most enjoyable marathon to date for me. I didn't push too hard but enjoyed the spectacle of it all. The feeling you get in a huge crowd all moving as one is a feeling unlike any other. The energy is so thick you feel like you can reach out and "touch" it.

My chip time was about 5:04:39 (because I turned my heart rate monitor off before I ran over the finish line mat). It's a pace of about 11:37 and I'm more than fine with it. Heck, I'm just happy to be crossing the finish line. :D

I also think I learned my lesson as far as doing too much right before the marathon. It probably wasn't too smart to do the duathlon last weekend, lol. I think that was definitely the reason for the tired legs. My cardio capacity never felt challenged at all, I never felt breathless or like I was over exerting in that respect. But it was like my cardio and physical were on different levels. My poor little legs would NOT run as fast as my mind and lungs told them to! DH said I try to do too many things at one time and should just concentrate on the one thing that's important to me. I have a hard time because my attention span wants to encompass everything. I hear my mind saying "you can do it" but my 45 year old body is saying otherwise. :eek:

Anyway, thanks for reading this if you got this far! In a nutshell, it was a BLAST!
Kathy

Congratulations Kathy!!! You made it!!!

What an awesome story! Thank you. :) I have chills thinking of that lady with her mom in the chair also. I too would have tears streaming down my face...couldn't help it.

What an inspiration you are for all of us that dream of running a marathon one of these days. :7

Now it is time to kick back and enjoy your evening. Have a good one!

Heidi

Kathy, WOW!!! You are AMAZING! Your story was beautiful! I was thinking of you throughout the day...even said a prayer at church for ya!

Do you know how many calories you burned? I'm sure that drink at Sonic is LONG GONE!

Relax tonight and just know we are all so very proud of you!

Enjoy your rest day tomorrow!

YEAH KATHY!!! :7 :7 :7

YAY Kathy!!! Your story was so inspiring. I'm glad that you enjoyed yourself and are happy with your time. I know that the most important thing to you was just finishing and YOU DID IT!!!

^^^^5's and thanks for sharing your experience!

:7

I'm baaacccckkkkk...

Just finished getting my meals together for tomorrow and realized that I need to go to the grocery store at lunchtime tomorrow AGAIN! Does anyone else feel like they are constantly grocery shopping? I keep blaming it on my ever-snacking DD, but I just checked my list and it's all "my" food..:eek: . I go through veggies and eggs like they are going out of style. That's a good thing though, right?!?

So, I really need to shake things up a little and I am going to TRY to get up at 6:00 tomorrow morning and get in a CC on my bike. My goal is to get down to that next level on the scale by the end of May and I need to lose 4lb to do it. Doesn't seem like much, but I'm stuck...AGAIN! It's sounds so ridiculous that I can't get up at 6:00 compared to what time most of you get up to get your workouts in, but it's so early to me :p

I am sore all over from Muscle Max yesterday so I'm heading downstairs to do a Stretch Max segment.

Have a good night!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.