BFL Sunday 6/8

Sherry K

Cathlete
Good morning everyone!

Rest day here. Both kids have their last soccer games (Yeah!) and then dog training. DD's team has first place all wrapped up. DS's team is playing the other team in the division that has the other half of his "posse", and since DS's team won last time, it's more of a grduge match. Today should also be a free day, but I'm going to work very hard to keep it clean. I like the results I'm seeing.

My run yesterday was not one of my better ones. I think the DOMS in the legs were doing me in. They had no juice for hills. But I trudged through and feel all the better for it. If I do anything today, it will be stretch or rest.

Has anyone else read the blog? I think the new features will be great. I'm really excited about the nutrition forum.

Heidi - How are your DOMS today?

Stephanie - Have you tried the CC's yet? I'm still watching the budget. Which step did you do?

Gayle - How'd the baseball games go? We already gave n on the AC - when it's over 80 in the house (which is was upstairs) we just can't sleep.

Amelia - I'm sure you enjoyed the beach. Hope you used lots of sunblock this time. So proud of you going back to school. It' so hard once you have kids, so more power to you.

Melissa - Enjoy your weekend. We'll "see" you Monday.

Belinda - Awesome way to get your workout in late! That's dedication. I'm sure it's helping you to keep your sanity. I'm well aware of housing market issues. It's pretty bad here in Michigan.

Hope you all enjoy your day, rest or not.

Good morning, BFLers!

It's a new day for me. I finally got tired of standing under the depression cloud, and made the very wise choice last night to work on a craft project. Doing that almost always pulls me out of the funk.

I think I figured out my knee problem. I believe the soreness was caused by a pair of tennis shoes that are now worn out. Luckily, I have another pair I can use until I find new ones that I like and can afford. ;)

So I've stayed away from those shoes for a few days and I believe I'm ready to get back to working out. I've got LIC UB premix on the list for today. Tomorrow will be a small portion of B&G. :+

Belinda~ great job NOT talking yourself out of last night's workout! ^5!

Sherry~ Your rest day doesn't sound very restful to me! LOL Good luck to your DS!

Heidi~ Prayers continuing to out to your family...

M1: pumpkin flax granola, skim milk, 1/2 scoop protein powder
M2: nuts and raisins
M3: tuna salad on ww potato bread and salad with lowfat ranch
M4: cottage cheese and mixed berries
M5: some concotion of shrimp and veggies...maybe sweet & sour shrimp with brown rice
M6: sugar free pudding with protein powder and light cool whip

Have a great Sunday ladies!

Hi,

Good Morning to you all!

Sherry: Enjoy your rest day! Doms are better today thank you. I have been up since 6am and dying to workout but we have a guest sleeping in the living room above the basement and I don’t want to wake them.
It is heating up here pretty quickly and it will be in the 90’s again today.

GOOD LUCK TO YOUR DS AND DD FOR THEIR GAMES TODAY!!!

Some of our family members are visiting today to hang out around the pool so I don’t think I will be back on-line until later this evening.

Hi Connie: What type of project are you working on? I am glad that you are getting better and are able to get back to your workouts. Having knee issues really put a damper on step workouts….I speak from experience.
Nice job keeping up with your pre-planned meals as well!

So far today I have had 2 cups of coffee
Poached egg, WH toast with peanut butter

I have some meals to make ahead also today so this will be a challenge.

Our family will be having a small service on Thursday for the sister. Thank you for your condolences I truly appreciate it.

I hope that everyone has a great day! KEEP COOL!!!

BBL Heidi

Good Morning girls!

Today is a thirty minute run interval on the TM and then i will do maximum intensity stregnth,oldie but goodie;-)!

Everybody have a wonderful sunday:) its HOT here today,95 but the heat index is 105:eek: :+!

Sherry-Thanks,im excited about going back to school! Enjoy your rest day!

Heidi-Have fun hanging with your family memebers around the pool,a pool sounds wonderful right now:+!

Connie-Im glad your feeling better!

Hey to everybody that follows:)

Morning!
Sherry – Enjoy the games! I hope you can watch from a shaded area. I’m off to check out the blog next!

Connie – I’m so glad to hear your out of your funk and feeling better. I love craft projects as well, I actually picked up some yarn and a pattern for a summer sweater a couple of weeks ago. Guess I better pull it out soon, lol!

Heidi – Enjoy all your company, it’s always so nice to have family around. Oh man, I’d love to have a pool this time of year! Best wishes for the service on Thursday.

Amelia – That’s so great that you’re going to go back to school! I find online courses the best because it allows you to work at your own pace and on your own time. Enjoy the power walk and MIS.

Well, I finally ran my 18 mile long run this morning. I didn’t make it out to the path until 5:45 so I could only get in 12 miles outside before I felt like I was going to melt, lol. I came home and finished up the last 6 miles on the treadmill doing Cardio Coach Vol 8 again (but with VERY slow sprints instead of hills).

Yesterday turned out to be another rest day. DH got up in the mood to go shopping for stone for the back yard. We also drove up the new Costco that opened up about 30 miles from us. WOW! I found some great stuff….Asian pears, mango salsa, a big container of eggwhites (cheap!) I was thrilled. :) So most of the day was spent out and about shopping and looking around.

Unfortunately, the case of poison oak I have is still driving me crazy. I’m using a new product that a friend recommended and it’s stopped the “oozing” but the itch is still there. Argh, this stuff is miserable!

Kathy

Hey guys! I have to be really quick...SORRY! I'll post in short sentences! :)

DS's all-star team won the finals yesteray! YEAH!

His basketball team won their games both yesterday and this morning as well! Another YEAH!

We're now scarfing down lunch and heading out to the minor league baseball game...in sweltering 95+ degrees! YIKES, but YEAH!

Then DS has is travelling baseball practice tonight at 6pm. (sarcastic YEAH! :p )

Today is my rest day! BIG YEAH!

Scale is acting strange today. It actually has me UP 1.8 from where I was just 2 days ago. Big ol' NOT YEAH! :p Not sure what that's about, but I'm feeling AWESOME and on fire, so I'm sure it's just my body doing something goofy.

Sorry, gotta pack the cooler and scoot!

Gayle

hey girls

I just finished my workout! I did a 30min run interval on the treadmill. Then i did MIS minus the abbs,man that workout is a tough one,I can never finish those back lunges off the step:+

Ok,everybody have a wonderful afternoon:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.