BFL for Sun Mar 09th 2008

Good Morning Belinda. Today is my rest day and boy do I need it!! I'm drinking my coffee now and will be back later!

Morning to all that follow!

SPRING FORWARD!!!

Good morning Belinda & Stephanie,

Today is my rest day, and I think I might just stretch. The time change has thrown me way off and apparently I needed the sleep.

Good morning to all that follow!

Good Morning Belinda,Stephanie and Sherry!

Stephanie,just wanted to comment on your adorable little puppy...he is so cute! Is he/she a lab?

Sherry/Belinda-enjoy your rest day...so nice when there here!

:::Question::: Do you guys think that skipping on one of the HIIT's and doing a straigh out run would mess up my WI on saturday? I was just curious how long i could run on the tm?

copy and paste from another check in:

OMG,you wanna hear something funny? DH,the kids and i went to wally world last night,my DH got some $ for his b-day so he wanted to spend it...so hes walking around electronics(his hang out)and I've already got two aerobic tops in the buggy ,he doesn't find anything he wants,so the kids say they want a toy...we start walking towards toys and of course sporting goods(my hangout)is on the way so i take a detour over to the Dumb bells,and sure enough they have those hex 10pds dumb bells that there ALWAYS out of...i immediately grap two and stash them in the buggy so he still doesn't find anything...we go to check out and the girl was pitiful,she couldnt even pick up ONE of those dumbells...after she rang them up she said'sir,you gonna have to but these back in the buggy for me(I guess she thought they were for him)I was closer so i just pick them up like they were light as a feather(and they were)and put them in the buggy.She says 'OH...or you can' LOL. It was so funny!

So in the end,my poor DH didn't get anything and I got two aerobics tops,a set of 10pd db's and a good laugh

Todays workout is a 30min HIIT on the tm and abbs first...yippee,working my abbs today means that i worked them three times this week,my goal(LOL)!

bbl

Good Morning,

Did you see the blog pictures?? They look great. Can't wait for STS to come out.

Today is also my rest day. My lower body is on fire today from my workout yesterday. I did PLB and used 30, 40, 50 lbs for the standing leg work. OUCH!!

I am going to check out Sears today. Someone had posted on another forum that they have a 100 lb barbell set on sale for 39.99..It was 29.99 yesterday but I couldn't make it over there. I believe it was a 4.5 lb bar, 2 5's, 2-10's, 2-15's and 2-20's. I'm also going to check out Dick's to see what they have.

Have a great weekend.

Carolyn

I'm sleepy again today, but it's my own fault. I stayed up late and then realized that it was the time change night. Oops. So I was in bed after 1 am.

Yesterday was my rest day so today is HIIT. My quads are still killing me from Friday's workout, though, so I'm trying to figure out the best way to get that cardio in. I'm thinking either a Low Max premix or the cardio from 4DS HIS.

Hello to everyone, hope to bbl.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com
dream blog: http://dreamerfig.blogspot.com
http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif
If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/f]

Hi everyone! I totally forgot about the time change. DD woke up and said "Mom, it's 9:50!" WHAT?!?! I'm feeling rather chipper today though. Did grocery shopping this morning. I have some chicken marinating in the fridge to be grilled later for wraps and salads for the week. And I bought a nice piece of salmon for dinner tonight. I'm also making another batch of Turkey Black Bean Chili and some protein pancakes.

I did absolutely nothing yesterday and I really needed it. I stayed on track as far as eating, but I did not workout. Both LB and UB really needed a break yesterday. I ran errands in the morning then we vegged on the couch all afternoon watching Ice Road Truckers on the History Channel! It was dark and rainy outside so it was the perfect day to snuggle up under a blanket.

Belinda, Sherry and Stephanie - enjoy your rest day today. I'll be doing Imax 2 later to make up for yesterday.

Carolyn - that's a great price for a barbell set. Let us know if you end up getting it.

Amelia - abs 3x this week! That's great. I always skip abs.:eek: And I don't think a straight run would mess up your WI. Try it for a week and see what happens.

Okay, meals for today:

M#1: 1/2 c oatmeal w/ 1/2 c milk & 4 egg whites
M#2: wrap w/2 slices turkey breast, lettuce, shredded carrots & green onion
M#3: 1 c turkey black bean chili
M#4: 3 oz salmon, 1/2 c brown rice & brocolli
M#5: apple & 1T natural pb

Everyone have a great afternoon!

Morning everyone,

I am going to try to get back on the exercise track tomorrow with a leg workout. I do better when I am standing up and not bending over or lying down. The only thing I have left is this nasty cough. Can't seem to shake it. if I start coughing too much then I get a headache so hopefully they both will start going away.

I will take one day at a time and cardio may just be doing a steady walk on the TM or steady bike ride. don't want to over do it.

haven't figured out what good upper body workout to try that doesn't have much lying down workout. maybe pull out Pure strength and split it up this week.

Kathy - I did quickly preview the runervals DVD but it is downstairs so once I go down and remember to bring it up I will jot down the intervals.

Sounds like everyone is doing well. The WI was down 2.5 pounds but I think a lot of it has to do with not really eating much. I still really have no appetite. Hubby had to get me to cook dinner last night as he was hungry and I really wasn't but I did eat a little.

The STS pics look great, so glad I decided to order this set.

Rhonda

Hi everyone!
Belinda, Stephanie, & Sherry – Hope you enjoy your rest day!

Amelia – I’m with Melissa, give the extra cardio a try and see what happens….leave it out if it messes you up. What a funny story! That happens to me a lot when I go to Sports Authority or Walmart to buy weights too. They “ask” me to lift them in and out of my cart!!!

Carolyn – Did you get the barbell set? That sounds like a really good deal for all you get!

Lainie – I’m struggling with this time change already! It usually takes me a week or two to adjust.

Melissa – DH downloaded the whole season of Ice Road Truckers a few weeks ago and we watched them all in one week, lol. That was freaking amazing how they can transport such heavy equipment over ice. I don’t think I have the nerves for that!

Rhonda – Sorry to hear the cough is still hanging around, ugh. Your plan to take it slow sounds good, relapses are just as tough. Thanks for offering to jot down some info on the Iron Girl Runervals for me (only when you feel well enough, of course). :)

I got and did abs and decided to try to get outside for my bike ride (instead of spinning). Well, after going to the grocery store and battling the wind, I’ve changed my mind, lol. I decided to take today as a rest day and rearrange my workout plan for the week. My knee is feeling a little “achey” too….it gets that way sometimes for no reason. I figure it’s better to pull back than risk another injury. Oh, I still have to do my taxes today (I never got around to it last weekend). UGH!

Kathy

Kathy - hopefully this will make sense for the runervals.

Workout A (beginner) 29:37

w/u BP + 0mph 0% incline
then 3 x BP + 2mph at 30 secs w/30sec rest

Set 1
3 X 1 min on, 1 min off
BP + 2 MPH incline 2%
3 min recovery

Set 2
3 x 1 min on, 1 min rest
BP + 2 MPH 1% incline, 2% incline, 3% incline
recovery

Set 3
BP + 3mph 1%, 2%, 3%
cooldown

Workout B (intermediate) 26:25
w/u BP 0%
Interval w/u BP + 3MPH
3 times, 30 sec on 30 sec off

Set 1
5 minutes BP + 2mph each minute incline goes from 1% up to 5%
Rest

Set 2
4 minutes BP + 3mph each minute incline goes up from 2% to 5%
Rest

Set 3
2 minutes BP + 5 mph each minute incline goes up from 3% to 4%
cool down

Workout C (Advanced) 31:18
w/u BP 0%
BP + 3-4mph 2%

3 x 2min on 30 second rest, 1 min on
BP + 3mph 4% (2 minute)
30 Second rest
BP + 4MPH 6% (1 minute)
2minute recovery

3 - 90 second repes w/ 1minute recovery
BP + 3mph 3%
BP + 4mph 4%
BP + 5mph 5%

cooldown

Rhonda

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.