BFL for Sun Mar-02-08 02

Good morning Belinda.

Today is a rest day on my BFL schedule, but I'm going to do HIS and go for a 2-3 mile run.

BBL!

Good Morning Ladies!

Hey Belinda! I hope you have a great rest day! How are your legs today? Did you do that leg workout after all yesterday?

After LM yesterday...last night my mid quads were feeling thoughs side tap ups!}(

Rhonda: How do you feel today? I hope your headache is gone. Between the driving and tension on the road to keep safe it is no wonder you had one! Hope you feel better. :)

Hi Melissa: How are thoughs DOMS after GS? I bet that you are glad the cookies are finally gone!

Lainie: I was just printing out round three workout sheets for SH,GS and pyramids. I know realize that I should get a binder to put these into! I have each set tacked together with paperclips.;-) These worksheets are sooo useful thanks again!

Hello Gayle and Kathy: I hope you two are enjoying your long run this morning!

Hi to everyone still sleeping in! :)

Ok it is Sunday. Time to gear up for next week. ARE YOU READY?
My plan for next week using 4DS:
Mon: Kickbox,legs-core
tue: Boot Camp,Bi-Tri,coremax 1
Wed: HI Step,chest,back
thur: iTread #11,abs from LIC
Fri: Legs & Glutes
Sat: LI Step, shoulders, calves and core

That's it! Time to get rolling into my new challenge!}(

If today is your free day I hope you make it a good one! BBL Heidi

Godo morning everybody! Kids and I are watching Dumb & Dumber (so funny! LOL). I'm waiting for SO to return home from his parents' house around noon-ish, then I'll drop the kids there and off I'll go for 10 miles. The sun is SHINING and it's warming up, so I'm SOOO psyched for today's run.

I'm going to start using the 4DS for upper body this week. I've got my running schedule set for the week, so I'll be back with how I incorporate 4DS UB into it.

I hope you're all enjoying your weekend! I'm saving my free day for Tuesday, since there's nothing special going on today that would make me want to use it today! Tuesday worked really well last week, keeping me from going over the edge with food portions!

BRB

ETA:
OK.....I think this is what I have worked out for the week. The most important thing for me right now are my runs, so they will NOT change. Here's what I've got:
Sun: (today) 10 mile long run, nice and steady
Mon: 4DS chest, back and shoulders
Tues: 4DS Legs & Core + 7 miles easy (AM outside)
Wed: 4DS Bis & Tris (AM) + 6 miles easy (PM outside)
Thu: 8 miles of speedwork (on treadmill)
Fri: 4DS shoulders + core, floor work (B&G???)
Sat: 5 miles easy (most likely using an ITread on TM)
Sun: 11 mile long run

What do you guys think?????? I'm not sure how I feel about hitting each upper body part just once a week, but we'll see how it goes. Have any of you used the premixes??? I see the LIS/HIS DVD has these 2 premixes: Back & Biceps------Chest, Shoulders & Triceps, which would break the UB into 2 days instead of 3. OH! All these thoughts going thru my head!

OH!!! And I emailed Michelle to make sure all is well!

Gayle

HIS done. It’s been awhile since I’ve done it, so the choreography challenged me. Not as good of a workout as I wanted, but this is a rest day. I’ll make up for it with my run in a bit.

Heidi – like you, I’m using 4DS again this coming week. Mine looks like this:

Monday: chest/back
Tuesday: LIS
Wednesday: Shoulders/Core/Calves
Thursday: Kickbox
Friday: Legs/Core
Saturday: Boot Camp + Biceps/Triceps
Sunday: HIS + 2-3 mile run

Breakfast was a protein smoothie. I know everyone has their own recipe, but here’s my favorite:

1 c water
1 c berries (frozen this time of year)
1 scoop protein powder
¼ c fat free vanilla yogurt
1 tbsp flax oil

What is everyone else’s?

Oh, and has anyone stared a Word file on all of the great recipes that get posted here on the BFL check-in? I keep scrolling through past days to find them – like quiches today – and that’s getting old. If no one else has, I’ll start one.

BBL! Have a great rest/workout today!

Hi girls,

Sherry** good for you for not taking a rest day today! I need one today! Enjoy you’re HIS and run!

Heidi** good choice of workout today! BM 2 is so much fun! No, I did do any leg workout yesterday! I woke up yesterday with a sore throat and today an ear ache! Yesterday my legs felt tight!

Gayle**Dumb & Dumber is a funny movie! Have a nice run! What leg workout are you doing next week?

Hi to everyone that follows today!
Belinda

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid16930497

Gayle,

Have a great run. I'm jealous. I just got back from walking the dog precariously over the icy roads. We are supposed to hit the upper 30's later today. I'm impatiently waiting. My outdoor running really needs to wait until April. Ice should be gone by then (fingers crossed) and changing the clocks will help tremendously.

Sherry & Belinda-I was updating my message when you guys posted. To answer the one question, this week I'll be using 4DS for the very first time, INCLUDING the leg workout. I posted a few questions on my previous updated post....would you guys take a gander at them???

Gayle

Sherry** Thanks for the bf protein smoothie! Looks really delish!

Banana protein pancakes
2/3 cup old fashioned oats
1 scoop banana protein powder
1 egg white
cinnamon (I use a good amount)
1 packet of Splenda (I omit this. I don't think it needs it.)

Mix all together and add enough water to make it more like batter. I never really measured the water, I just add it in a little at a time. You can bake this in a mini loaf pan, but I divide it into four muffin cups and cook at 375 until done, about 20 minutes. These muffins are fairly small and dense. They are close enough to banana bread for me, though!

Mash 8 of the cooked cloves into the remaining pan juices and season with sea salt. Ladle over chicken and sprinkle with chopped parsley. Serves 4.

Nutrients per 248 g. serving: Calories: 264, Fat: 7 g., Carbs: 9g., Protein 35g.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Vegetable-Quiche-Cups-to-Go/Detail.aspx

INGREDIENTS

* 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
* 3/4 cup liquid egg substitute
* 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheese
* 1/4 cup diced green bell pepper
* 1/4 cup diced onion
* 3 drops hot-pepper sauce (optional)
Protein Pancakes
1 C oats
1 C cottage cheese
6 egg whites
2 packs Splenda (I omit this)
¼ tsp vanilla
¼ tsp cinnamon

• Process all ingredients in a food processor or blender, until smooth.
• Allow to sit a few minutes to let the oats absorb some of the liquid.
• On a preheated skillet, cook pancakes slowly over low-medium heat. It will take longer than normal pancakes for the centers to cook thru.

Notes:
• This makes 2 servings, each a LARGE pancake. What I like to do is use my Pampered Chef muffin-sized scoop (don’t know the measurement of that) and make small pancakes.
• These freeze extremely well, and I LOVE these reheated in the TOASTER!!!!

Black Bean Soup

1T. oil (I omitted becuase I used a nonstick pot)
1 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, chopped
2 carrots, chopped
2tsp. chili powder
1tsp. cumin
4c. veggie stock (or any stock)
2 cans drained black beans
1 can mixed veggies
1/4tsp. pepper
1 can stewed tomatoes

1. Saute the onion, garlic and carrots for 5 minutes in bottom of pot.
2. Add chili powder and cumin, saute 1 min.
3. Add stock, ONE CAN black beans, can of veggies, pepper and bring to boil.
4. Puree in blender remaining can of beans and stewed tomatoes and add to pot. Cover and simmer 15 minutes.

Nutrition Facts: about 140/serving (8 servings)
3 g. fat
30 carbs
8 g. protein

GRILLED GARLIC CHICKEN BREASTS

4 – 5 oz. Skinless chicken breasts
½ tsp. Black pepper
1 tsp sea salt
¼ c. oat bran, finely ground in coffee grinder
2 tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
20 garlic cloves, peeled
1 ¼ c. low fat, low sodium chicken stock
2 tbsp fresh parsley

Pat chicken breasts dry and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Rub chicken in oatbran meal (should resemble consistency of flour). Shake off excess.

Heat oil in large skillet over moderate heat (oil should be hot, not smoking). Brown chicken on all sides for several minutes. Remove from heat. Add garlic cloves to skillet and cook until garlic is just golden. Add chicken stock and boil for 15 minutes covered. Place chicken in garlic broth and simmer covered until cooked, about 15-25 minutes. Transfer chicken to serving dish.

DIRECTIONS

1. Microwave the spinach for 2 1/2 minutes on high. Drain the excess liquid.
2. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with foil baking cups. Spray the cups with cooking spray.
3. Combine the egg substitute, cheese, peppers, onions, and spinach in a bowl. Mix well. Divide evenly among the muffin cups. Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.

IP

Chicken Marsala

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, about 6 oz each
2 tsp fennel seeds, ground
1 tsp sea salt
½ tsp black pepper
½ tsp res pepper flakes
16 small carrots, peeled
3.5 cups marsala wine (full disclosure: All I had was cabnernet sauvignon, and it still tasted great!)
8 pieces of dried porcini mushrooms
2 shallots, sliced thin
4 cloves garlic, smashed
Cooking oil spray
4 Tbsp nonfat yogurt
4 sprigs rosemary for garnish

Mix fennel through pepper flakes in bowl. Sprinkle over chicken breasts and set aside. Boil carrots for 4 minutes then rinse under cold water and set to dry on paper towel. Bring wine to a boil on medium heat – add mushrooms, shallots & garlic. Season with some salt and pepper. Simmer until sauce reduces, about 20 minutes. Discard garlic and set sauce aside.

Coat grill (I used George Foreman grill) with cooking spray and cook chicken breasts until they have lost all pink in the middle (that was 6 minutes on the foreman grill – probably longer on outdoor grill). Grill carrots, rotating until charred.

Return sauce to a simmer, remove from heat, and whisk in yogurt. Divide carrots among four plates and top with chicken, sauce, and sprig of rosemary.

BFL notes: I turned one half of a chicken breast, plus sauce and carrots into a BFL meal. I added ½ of a nuked sweet potato with cinnamon and splenda. DELICIOUS!

1/8 of recipe contains: 344 calories, 24 g protein, 15.5 g fat, 31 carbs. And worth every one!
Whole Wheat Waffles

Dry ingredients:
3 c. whole wheat flour (or whole wheat pastry flour)
2 T. baking powder
1/2 t. salt
1/4 c. ground flax seed
2 scoops whey protein powder (vanilla flavored, or I use the BSN Lean dessert cinnamon roll flavor)

Wet ingredients:
4 egg whites
3 c. skim milk (or soymilk)
1 c. unsweetened applesauce

Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix together. Cook on a hot waffle iron. This recipe makes a large amount of waffles. Store in zip-lock baggie in the freezer for use through out the week. Pop frozen waffles in the toaster and toast on high.

20 servings ~ 100 cals/ 16g carb/ 3g fiber/ 1g fat/ 7g protein

(I also made these w/ 2 c. of WW flour & 1 c. oatmeal because I ran out of flour & they were good too!)

Black Bean Soup

1T. oil (I omitted becuase I used a nonstick pot)
1 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, chopped
2 carrots, chopped
2tsp. chili powder
1tsp. cumin
4c. veggie stock (or any stock)
2 cans drained black beans
1 can mixed veggies
1/4tsp. pepper
1 can stewed tomatoes

1. Saute the onion, garlic and carrots for 5 minutes in bottom of pot.
2. Add chili powder and cumin, saute 1 min.
3. Add stock, ONE CAN black beans, can of veggies, pepper and bring to boil.
4. Puree in blender remaining can of beans and stewed tomatoes and add to pot. Cover and simmer 15 minutes.

Nutrition Facts: about 140/serving (8 servings)
3 g. fat
30 carbs
8 g. protein

It's super fast and super tasty! I added 3 oz. of already cooked left over whole grain pasta during the simmer to make sure the kids were filled up. Yum

Belinda
http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid16930497

Gayle,

Real quick response: The premixes are shorter workouts, so you don't hit each body part as thoroughly. That's why I've spread the weight workout over four days to do each segment in completion. I think the leg workout is a good change. Especially the lo pulsing lunges that really get me every time. I think the Timesavers on GS do a better job of exhausting the muscles than these premixes. Just my quick thoughts.

So, Sherry. You recommend the 4DS upper body parts as produced, and NOT the premix? Thanks for your input.

Gayle

Good morning everyone!

Belinda - enjoy your rest day!

Sherry - one Word file for all recipes is a great idea. Everytime someone posts one, I copy and paste it into Word to print it, but I never think to save it and create one big file.

Heidi - I am so glad the cookies are gone! Less temptation!

Gayle - Enjoy your run today. I haven't previewed the 4DS premixes yet, so I can't help you out on that.

I am feeling back to 100% today and ready to start Week 10. I think Week 10 starts with LB for me so I'm going to get a short cardio in and UB today and start with LB tomorrow. No Free Day for me as far as eating goes. I really haven't been doing that for a while...TOO DANGEROUS! I'd rather have one "cheat" meal or snack sometime during the week if the opportunity comes up than blow it all on Sunday and not really feel satisfied about it.

>Hi girls,

>Sun: (today) 10 mile long run, nice and steady
>Mon: 4DS chest, back and shoulders
>Tues: 4DS Legs & Core + 7 miles easy (AM outside)
>Wed: 4DS Bis & Tris (AM) + 6 miles easy (PM outside)
>Thu: 8 miles of speedwork (on treadmill)
>Fri: 4DS shoulders + core, floor work (B&G???)
>Sat: 5 miles easy (most likely using an ITread on TM)
>Sun: 11 mile long run

Gayle** instead of doing shoulders twice,I would do another UB workout, like MU or BFL style UB/PUB!

Belinda
>
>

Hey guys!

Melissa-glad to hear you're up and back to 100% POWER! Enjoy your workout and LET'S KICK THIS WEEK OUT, OK???

Sherry-I keep a running Word document...several documents actually! LOL I have one document titled "Recipes To Try", one titled "Recipes Used for BFL" and one titled "Recipes in Box" (this is the file that has ALL of my recipes in it at home here on my counter)!

Belinda-That's a good idea. Maybe I'll add PUB at the end of the week to hit everything twice! EXCELLENT idea, my dear!

OK...I'm getting antsy to hit the road! I'm sure Kathy is done with her long run already. Dave should be calling within the hour (or at least he BETTER! LOL). So far for meals today:

M1: 4 small protein pancakes
M2: slice of Cabbage Meatloaf and 1/4 baked potato

I'm trying not to drink too much water this morning. The last thing I want to do is slosh thru 10 miles! LOL

Gayle

Thanks Gayle! I will KICK THIS WEEK OUT!!!!!!!! And your meals reminded me that I need to make some more protein pancakes today.

I forgot to post that I weighed in this morning: 2.6lb down this week for a grand total of 12.8 lbs!! I think I may need to go shopping for some new jeans soon! I FEEL FABULOUS!!!!!:7 :+

Morning!
Wow, you ladies have been busy this morning, lol! I'll come back later and read everything and do personals.

I got up and ran my 16 miles this morning.
Time: 2:58:50
Pace: 11:10 per mile

The wind was whipping at times. Yahoo weather said 30 degrees but feels like 22 degrees (and they were right!) I got a late start (waiting for it to get warmer, which didn't happen).

I always run faster outside for some reason. I guess it's because I'm not mentally tied to a number on the treadmill. Anyway, DONE! I'm going to finish breakfast here and then stretch out for a bit.

Be back later. Oh, I'm probably going to take 9 week pictures later today if the angry, red wind burn goes away, lol.

Kathy

Hello,

Melissa: So glad that your feeling better. Have a great workout! Good for you for keeping it clean as well.

Gayle: Your right about that water! ;-) As for 4DS..this will be my first run through as well. I have tried the LIS but found that it was too dance oriented for me. Kept having to rewind! I will be adjusting my weeks schedule as I go along. Some workouts might be short enough to add in another body part or two on the same day. We'll see...
Oh that movie is just hilarious!!!!!
:7
HAVE A GREAT FUN RUN!

Sherry: That a great idea as Melissa said. I have been copy/pasteing into a document that Gayle sent our first time around.

Belinda: Thank you for the Grilled chicken recipe. This is what I might have tonight. :9

Have been busy doing paperwork this morning. So my workout is still waiting. My DD is planning on having a guest during college vacation week...that means this house needs to get organized and re-dusted big time. I still have a ton of dust coming from the 3rd floor! I will probably spend today and tomorrow putting a primer paint on the walls to cut down on the dust situation.

BBL Heidi Have a great day everyone!

Hi to everyone else! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.