BFL for Sun Apr 27th 2008

Good morning Belinda! I'm sorry you can't sleep! x( Do you plan on working out today?

Let's all cheer Kathy on in her duathlon this morning! GO KATHY GO!!!

bbl

Good Morning,

Tough day yesterday!

Belinda sorry you can't sleep. I guess you will be in need of a catnap later today. :)

Stephanie: Is today your rest day? I am heading out for an early morning run. It is raining a little but it is nice.

GO KATHY! :7 I hope you hear us all cheering for you!

BBL Heidi

Good morning!

GO, KATHY, GO!

Belinda - sorry you can't sleep.

Heidi - I'll join you on your run here in a bit.

First to catch up on the posts the past couple of days. My parents are here for the weekend and yesterday I never got to the computer.

BRB!

I’m back. My parents came in town Friday night for the weekend, so we’ve been spending time visiting with them and not so much online. They live 600 miles away, or I should say we live 600 miles away from everyone else, so it’s nice to have them here. However, since the kids still have all of their activities, my folks are getting drug to all of those, too. Yesterday, DD made pottery with Girl Scouts then had a soccer game. Today, DD has ice skating, and both kids have games. I did get groceries last night, but I need to get rolling on laundry today. We may have company, but the pile still grows!

I have kept up this week on exercises. I went for a 2 mile run Friday after work. Yesterday I worked lower body with MuscleMax. Shortly here I’m heading out the door for a few mile run. Tomorrow will be my rest day.

My eating has fallen off a bit. Mom brought her homemade chocolate chip cookies and brownies. They are soooo good! I just had to partake a little. (ok, not so little – better run farther to work them off).

Enjoy the road trip for all of you going in July. I’m sure you’ll tell all of us about it!

Kathy – Hope you have a great race today. I think it’s great that you are planning trips around “fitness”. I bet the NY marathon isn’t as for off as you think. Enjoy them all.

Gayle – I admire how you do such a great job stocking up on good, clean food. I hope those piggies are feeling better and that the upcoming RT is getting your psyche back up.

Melissa – Enjoy the new bike and let us know how you like it. DH has his bike on a trainer, but it’s too tall for me, so I never use it. And you certainly got quite a bit accomplished yesterday morning. I love it when I can get off to such an motivating start and still have so much of the day left.

Heidi – Cell phones are very annoying sometimes. I can’t remember what life was like before one was attached all of the time.

Belinda – I’m sure all of the pressure of trying to get your house ready to sell plus the time change is affecting your sleep. Hopefully you are also taking some time to relax and wind down. You are doing a great job keeping up the exercising with the modification for what you have available.

Amelia – What a beautiful baby! Enjoy spoiling the little angel. And I hope you are feeling better today.

Stephanie – I’m sure you’ll like your HRM. Since Monday is my rest day, not sure if I’ll be able to contribute. Are we doing this every day or is it weekly totals? As for “Power Play” – we’re all at our own levels. I’m not even trying to keep up with Kathy (though I have ambitions to).

Carolyn – When is graduation? That is always such a busy time of year. I know it can get overwhelming.

Sue – I hope you get your laptop situation fixed soon. I’d be so lost if this computer broke down. We all would. SD doesn’t even bring his math book home because he can log on to get the assignments – the entire book is available online. Yes, you can stay motivated for 12 weeks!

I think I’m caught up. Heidi – did you leave yet? I’m right behind you for the run.

Hope everyone enjoys the beautiful day! I’ll be back to find out how Kathy did!

Good Morning girls:)

Sherry-Thank you:) Have fun with your Parents visiting! I too have fall off the wagon a bit with some brownies yesterday,but that was the only cheat....in my defense;-)

Hey to everybody:)

I still have a sore throat so no workout for me today! Atleast my body aches are gone,ugh-i felt terrible yesterday! Im trying to figure out if this is pollen related or a virus...any nurses out there? I never ran a temp? No workout since last wednesday:-( I despertly need one too! Hopefully i can't start back tommorrow! Im my experience if i workout while im sick i just get worse!

And Yes, Congrats to all the ladies that are going on the RT,what fun!:)

I hope everybody has a lovely sunday and I will bb in the morning!:)

Hey guys! I've been thinking about Kathy a lot this morning. It helps me keep my mind off the Half marathon I skipped today. ;( I can't WAIT to hear how she made out!!!

It's a quiet Sunday around my house. Nothing on the calendar, and we all slept in. We were out late last night at SO's house, after a Saturday of fun and motivation. The Relay for Life was just awesome. Very inspirational and makes you really REALLY think about what is important, and what is NOT! I'm laying low today, getting pumped and ready to kick it hard tomorrow morning. I'm planning a BFL UB routine for tomorrow, with the GS Push Up drop sets as a warm up!

I promise this week that I'll be online more than this past week. Kids have a full week of school (thank goodness) and things will be back to normal.

BBL

Gayle

Hi everyone. I can't wait to hear how Kathy did today!

Gayle - I hope you are not beating yourself up about the Half...

Sherry - I thought about getting a trainer for my mountain bike instead of buying a stationary bike, but it isn't in the greatest shape. Good enough to go around the neighborhood in, but that's about it. I've had it FOREVER!!

We all slept in today too. What a great feeling! I could have slept a little longer. The only reason I got up was to wake DD up. Back to school tomorrow which means an earlier bedtime tonight. As it is, she slept too late and will have trouble getting to sleep tonight. Oh well, we'll deal with that tonight!!

I am loving my bike and I downloaded Cardio Coach Vol 1 last night. I've never done a CC workout before so I'm looking forward to doing it later. Does anyone have this one?

Hi everyone!
Wow, I felt this cheering energy this morning and I know it was you gals pushing behind me! Thank you!!!

What fun, this was absolutely one of the most enjoyable races I've ever done even though the weather was cloudy and cool. The race started at 7:30 sharp and there were probably 30 or less duathlon participants. The triathlon had more people (close to 200 is my guess).

Anyway, the 2 mile run went well then we hopped on the bike and rode 14.5 miles on paved roads. Confession time, that was the first "road" ride I've ever done, I mainly stay on the bike path to avoid traffic. It wasn't bad at all because each intersection had a cop stopping traffic for the racers. The wind was whipping though and there were a few "NJ hills" (which you PA people would probably scoff at, lol) but they had me huffing and puffing! After the bike ride we rode into the transition area and my feet were numb and asleep. I took my shoes off and rubbed my feet hoping to bring back the circulation but it didn't really help. That is THE strangest feeling to run on feet you can't feel! I drug butt through some of the 5k until that feeling subsided a bit. It was that way through the entire run though, and apparently it's common because I talked to a couple of other runners on the way back and asked them if they could feel their toes! :D

So all in all, my time was 1:52:27. I know I was at the back of the duathlon pack (probably 2-3 people from the last person) but I'm more than fine with it. I didn't push too hard because I want to be ready for the marathon next week and this was just for fun. ;)

Well, our daughter is on her way over so I'll have to come back later for personals and tell you about my swimming lesson yesterday, lol! :eek:

Kathy

Hello,

Back from my run…

Hey Sherry! Are you still out there! Enjoy your run and your parents visit.

Ran 5.25 miles
Abs: Ab hits #4 Oooof!
Light stretch and shower

I feel very light on my feet right now.

Yesterday was pretty busy. DH and I went out for breakfast and visited DS at work. I brought him some breakfast also. I knew he hadn’t eaten anything and was going to crash later for sure.

DH and I then went looking at new cars. Going to break down and turn in this van. It is just not worth putting any more money into.
Then it was off to our favorite stores…Home depot and Loew’s. I needed to return a few electrical items and get some more yard rakes. Of course DH just had to look at what plants they had.

Talk about eating poorly! I had one of the Richardson’s Frozen yogurt cones. I asked for a small and received one that looked like a triple decker! It was really good but boy did I pay for it later. I felt sick to my stomach for the rest of the day. Won’t be doing that again anytime soon!

Hi Amelia: Oh…I hope you feel better today. I have the worst time with sore throats. I would rather have anything but that! Get well soon. Better to lay low for a couple days before trying to workout.

Hi Gayle: Enjoy your rest day. I am right with you on the getting pumped for another great week. DS also goes back to school after his week long vacation. This should help me get back on track.

Hello Melissa: How is that bike? Have you tried the CC workout yet? Let me know what you think. I am dying to get a bike! But I guess I will have to wait until Christmas. Enjoy your workout!

Hello to everyone I missed!

Well…on to house stuff. BBL Heidi

Hi Kathy!

Awesome job!

That is weird about your feet feeling numb. I get this feeling when running sometimes and have to adjust the laces so they aren't putting pressure on arteries or veins on the tops of my feet.

Have a great afternoon with your DD.:)

BBL Heidi

OMG! Kathy-I'm so glad you had an enjoyable experience! What fun that sounded like! GREAT JOB! I can't believe you did it this weekend, before the marathon! lol Job well DONE, girl! I'm so proud of you! And, YEAH, I'd like to see what you consider a HILL! I laugh inside when I say I'm going for an 'easy' run because EVERYTHING around here has a hill getting to and coming from it!
:) Great job!

Gayle

p.s. hi everybody!

Kathy, I am soooooo proud of you! I was thinking of you at 7:34am. Trying to visualize you running or biking. I am also glad to hear you had FUN doing it too! You get a medal in my book! WOOOHOOOO!!! Three cheers for Kathy...HIP HIP HOORAY...HIP HIP HOORAY...HIP HIP HOORAY!!!

Sherry, I need to keep telling myself that it is an individual thing...I hurt my back 3 weeks ago just trying to prove to myself that I can go as heavy as so and so can! STUPID!!! I learned my lesson!
Aren't you running a 5k pretty soon? I have been looking for one around here, but there's not much going on in or around this town! I pretty much live in the "boondocks" so to really "go" anywhere you have to travel 35-40 minutes. x( Keep us posted and we will be at that finish line!

The counting calorie thing was just an idea...we can do it weekly, monthly or just this one time. I was thinking it may be a motivator when we see how many calories we've lost as a group...what does everyone think? Weekly/Monthly/NEVER AGAIN?

See y'all tomorrow!

Belinda – Sorry your sleep is still off! :(

Heidi – Great run! Good luck car shopping, I hope you find a great deal! My feet were numb after the bike ride which makes me think I’m doing something wrong….like putting too much pressure on one foot. DH suggested I get the “clip” pedals that your shoe fits into but I’m afraid of getting “stuck” and falling. Since the last time I fell and tore my ACL, I’m TERRIFED of falling!

Sherry – That’s so nice to have your parents over for the weekend! I’m sure they enjoyed all the grandkids activities. Good job on the exercise and don’t worry about having a little bit of Mom’s baking…

Amelia – I hope you shake that virus soon! I think pulling back a bit is a good idea, it’ll give your body some time to get better before you put the stress of working out on it. How are the baby and your sister doing?

Gayle – You sound like your batteries are recharging and I’m so happy! Absolutely, just enjoying life is the most important! LOL, I thought of you “running” hills and enjoying them while I was pedaling up them and thought….she’s CRAZY! :)

Melissa – Yay, I can’t wait to hear what you think of the Cardio Coach workouts. I have all of them (although I can’t access Vol 2 Revised and Vol 1 Revised because they’re on my old computer that died). I love Sean’s voice, he’s encouraging in a very good way. ;)

Stephanie – I hope your back feels better soon! Ugh, back pain is the worst! You know what, now that I do races for the sheer joy of doing races….I enjoy it SO much more. I stopped putting pressure on myself to beat my “best or last time” and it feels so liberating! I really don’t care if I’m dead last or mid pack anymore, I just smile because I’m very fortunate to be out there. Today there was an amputee participant and I thought that was like the most motivating thing I’ve seen lately.

And as I passed each police officer at the lights, I smiled and thanked them. This made their day and I think they were glad to see such a “less intense” person out there, lol! Some of those people are so focused and competitive. I saw a head of the packer get disqualified because he wouldn’t slow down at the light when the officer told him to. Sure enough, at the next light another officer yanked him from the race. Goes to show, you really can’t take life THAT seriously. ;)

Kathy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.