BFL for Sun Apr 20th 2008

Good Morning,

Hi Belinda! Me either! I have been waking really early lately for no reason. Maybe it is the sound of the birds.....

Is today your rest day?

I am going to squeeze in my cardio and upper body workout that I missed on friday.

Another busy day ahead...DH and I are working on the roof repairing a leak problem caused by folded over tiles. The roofers didn't match up the tiles properly! Geesh...we should just do things ourselves instead of hiring contractors. I guess we just have the worst luck with them. :(

I hope that you can get a rest later today. This change in weather and time zone must be difficult for you.

Hello to everyone! Have a great day. Heidi

Good morning!

Belinda, sorry you can't sleep! Do you think it's because your DH isn't there with you? How's the house coming along? Are you finishing up this week?

Heidi, Which cardio and UB will you do today? What a bummer about the roof! It's a good thing ya'll know how to repair it!

Not sure what workout I am doing today...decisions, decisions.

bbl

Good morning all.

Belinda - Sorry you can't sleep once again. I'm sure it's all the things everyone already said (time & weather change, DH not there) and more (the list of things to do to clean the house, I'm sure). Hope you get some time to relax and get it all out of your mind for awhile. Now that you found the manual for the Bowflex, you will get some DOMS. I finally have them in my triceps - funny how I pushed all week and those are the only muscles feeling it.

Heidi - Now roof problems? My, you must be feeling a bit stressed, too. Hope you get it fixed easily and early enough that you can get in your workouts.

Stephanie - I'm sure you'll enjoy your workout, whatever you do.

I'm heading out for a 4 mile run/walk here in a bit. I'm so anxious to get out. I've been craving some cardio and hitting the road. I have 4 weeks until the township 5K, so I need to get my mind and act together. My eating has fallen off (drinking wine outside last night with the neighbors wasn't exactly clean), but I think that I can pull it together for 4 weeks.

BB after my run.

Good Morning Ladies,

I have been following your group, your progress and your mutual empowerment. You have inspired me to think about a 12 week comittment to myself. I've read a lot of BFL doctrine (actually read the book 2 years ago) and tried some of the wonderful recipies that you've posted.

I'm not the best thread memeber in that I am overwhelmed at the prospect of having to post personals, especially as the thread grows in family members and number of posts. But I do love the accountability of posting and learning from others. I'd love to join the thread on a trial basis to see if it's a fit for me.

Regarding my personal plan, I believe that for me, the real changes will come with following the BFL nutritional plan as closely as possible. I know from experience that the workouts are never a problem for me, it's the consistency with the nutrition day after day after day. I love the idea of a cheat day/meal as Hubby and I have a date night each week and we enjoy our meal and cocktails at the end of the week. I also need one "cheat snack" a week, usually a fat free frozen yogurt this time of year. But I believe in the nutritional rationale of BFL as it is a paln that I realy can live my life by.

As far as the workout plan goes, I have to vary the plan slightly: I am 20 poounds overweight (5'2", 150 lbs.) and carry a most of the fat in my hips and buttocks. I have found that I cannot lift heavy for lower body and shed fat simultaneously. I need to go far higher rep and little to no weights and then I start to see dramatic results in my lower body. I will focus on heavy for upper bodyas I have far less fat deposits and my UB responds very nicely to heavy. My cardio needs to focus on core/leg cardio to see results. So most of my cardio is Kickbox-type workouts, then every other weekend I will alternate with HIIT.

So my workout plan looks like this:

Friday- Cheat Day, rest

Saturday- 4D Kickbox / 4D Shoulders, Abs

Sunday- "Burn It Up" (Slim in 6) standing cardio + B&G Standing Mish Mosh

Monday- Cardio Kicks / 4D Chest and Back

Tuesday- "BIU" Standing + B&G Standing Mish Mosh

Wednesday- KPC / 4D Bi's and Tri's

Thursday- Step Mish Mosh, leg and core focus: BM2 w/u and combined step combo, LIC #1, LIC 3#, abs

So, as you can see, it varies a little from BFL but it's what works weel for me WHEN I FOLLOW CLEAN EATING. I will try to post my daily eats as this is part of changing my habits for good.

Finally, I am starting my 12 week challenge this week which is why I am hoping to be registered for Cathe's July road trip! A real goal to work towards.

Thanks for listening, and thanks for being so inspirational!

X (Sue)

Hi Sue and WELCOME!! ^^^^5's on commiting to a 12-week challenge. I hope this thread ends up being a good fit for you. Don't be concerned about having to post personals or being overwhelmed. Do what works for you. Some days, I don't have time to post personals but it helps just being able to post my daily meals and workouts. It keeps me accountable and maybe that is something that you are looking for.

Glad to see that you have already figured out what works for your body as far as workouts go. You can jump right in without taking some extra weeks figuring it out. I think that you'll find that most of us do a modified BFL as far as diet and workouts are concerned. And we've all been successful!

As far as "cheats" go, looks like you've already got that figured out as far as what works for you and your family. In my first challenge I did the Sunday, all-day Free Day. It worked for a few weeks, but I had to modify it a little. Now I do 2 cheat meals a week. One is definetly Ice Cream Dinner!! It's a family fave and a weekly tradition now that the nice weather is here. And I don't skimp either. Every Wednesday night, it's a hot fudge sundae for me. And I enjoy every bite!

This thread is very motivating and will draw you right in! So as our fearless leader Gayle would say, "WELCOME ABOARD MOTIVATION STATION"!!!

Hi Belinda, Sherry, Stephanie and Heidi and all that follow!

BBL

Hi,

Melissa: Well said! Welcome Sue!:)

Hello Stephanie and Sherry!

Stephanie: I just finished up my upper. PUB Phew! I will be feeling this later for sure. Stuck with 12,15 and 17#'s for most of the workout. Shoulders I am careful using 3,5 and 8#'s like Cathe.
Still working to catch my balance on the Stability abs. Almost got it all! My ball as I found out needs more air.:p
I will do my cardio later this afternoon. iTread #8 6o min's. DH is waiting for me to help move some shingles to the roof.

Sherry: I hope that you have/had a great fun run today!:)

Hello to eveyone. BBL Heidi

Good Morning girls:)

Yes Melissa,Well said! Welcome Sue:)

Hey to Heide,Stephanie,Belinda,Sherry and all who follows!

Its so pretty out today,im excited that the sun is shining:)

Todays workout is PLB and a 3o min run interval:).

Im starting a new diet today that im excited about:) I've recently learned that i need to eat 1950 calories and to stay within a 30/30/40 macronutrient.(carbs/fat/protien) It will be challenging for me to stay with in the macronutrients at first but i think once i get an understanding on how many carbs,proteins and fats i need a day in grams,it will get easier for me to count them! Does that make sense?LOL:+ I eat fives times a day(mini meals) so I figured it to be 390 calories at each meal.

anyhoot,i will give this diet program a couple of weeks and if i don't start dropping weight i will tweak it a bit;-)

I will try and BBL my Motivaters;-)
have a WONDERFUL Sunday:)

Hi Amelia,

Just saying a quick hello!:) Glad that you are still hanging with us. I agree with prior posts that you don't have to check-in every hour or so to be with us. We ALL have busy lives and sometimes can't spend as much time on the computer as others. It's all good no matter what you can contribute and learn at the same time.

Where did you find the information for the macro diet? Is there a specific formula to follow to find out what it should be?

I will be working outside today. Roof work and yard clean-up/burning. I love seeing the sun!

Enjoy your workout today! BBL Heidi

OH...;) I snuck back on...my DH had to run to the Home Depot for more silicone for the roof/skylights.

Morning!
Today I ran 12 miles and felt every step of it, lol! My time was 2:17:25 for a pace of 11:27. Man, talk about dragging butt….I had to coax myself into doing the last 3 mile loop. I think it was a combination of the busy day yesterday and me going to bed late last night. :(

Yesterday we went bike shopping for DH. He wanted a bike he could use to commute back and forth to work with (we live about 6 miles away from his job). He ended up getting a cross between a hybrid and a road bike which is basically a good sturdy bike with thicker tires. Of course he had to get all the bells and whistles like fenders, a rack, a pack that locks into the rack, a speedometer, and water bottle holders, lol. Anyway, after we got home we both went for a 7.5 mile ride on the path and it was so nice to have someone to ride with! I do all my training alone (long runs, bike rides) so I’m looking forward to going out for rides with him during the week and on weekends. :)

Belinda – I hope your body adjusts to the time change soon! I bet you’re already missing your DH.

Heidi – Yikes, first the pipes and now this! It’s really great that you and your DH are so handy though….bet that’s saved on a lot of labor costs. Great job on PUB! Enjoy your run. Oh, I found a nice incline walking workout that I’m going to try to program on my treadmill. I totally forgot that I can program (2) 40 minute workouts until you mentioned programming your treadmill for your husband to use. Anyway, I’ll post it later for everyone. :)

Hi Stephanie! What workout did you decide on?

Sherry – How was your run? You’ve got plenty of time to be ready for the 5k. :)

Welcome Sue! Melissa has said everything I’d like to say (but much more eloquently). ;)

Hi Melissa!

Amelia – Good luck with the eating plan! Is it from Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle?

Hi to Carolyn, Gayle, Michelle, and anyone I may have missed.

Kathy

Hi everyone! I am super-duper sore from Friday and Saturday's workouts. I think I'm going to tweak my rotations a little because I'm lovin' this!

Friday I was supposed to do BFL LB, but instead I did HSTA cardio & LB premix. Yesterday I was supposed to do HIIT but I wanted to get in another UB workout so I did LIC cardio & UB circuit premix. I am sore from head to toe!:7 Even my lats are sore and I very rarely get lat DOMS. I think I'm going to start doing 2 heavy weight workouts & one or two circuits per week for a few weeks and see how it goes.

Off to Subway for lunch...:9

BBL

Got my 4 mile run/walk in. It felt so wonderful to get outside and use my legs! Best of all, my toe hasn’t bothered me a bit. Wow, do I have quite a bit of work to do to get ready for the 5K!

Sue – Welcome! You’ll find lots of support from this group here. As you’ve been reading, we all have days where we fly by. Everyone is doing what they can with the time they have available.

Melissa – I like the ice cream dinners. Sometimes we have ice cream first, while we’re figuring out what we want for dinner. A family tradition at our house is birthday cake for breakfast. I’ve been thinking about tweaking my workouts, too. I need to get out and run, which I do in the evening (just can’t get motivated to go before the sun rises), but I want to keep the heavy weight work, maybe a 3 day rotation of upper/lower/core for 6 days, and the last day rest. Then I can get in the runs in the evenings.

Heidi – Great job on PUB. I often have to add air to my stability ball. I’ve checked several times for leaks, but never found one. I did get another ball, different brand, and it has the same problem. Go figure! You’re right there with me on the weights.
Amelia – What did you use to figure out your calories needed? I know I just need to get back to the BFL basic plan.

Kathy – Great run! I felt every step of mine also. I can tell I’d been away for awhile. Other runners in the area complained about not being able to get out this winter either – too much ice. That’s so cool that DH will be biking to work. My Dh and I have talked about him, but he always has so much stuff, and he’d hate to lose student papers en route.

As for the cyber RT – I was thinking that it would be kind of possible to schedule a time when we’re all at the computer to chat (like some of you do during the day), schedule a time frame for everyone to do the same workout, and join back together online afterwards. Let me know your thoughts.

Enjoy the sunny warm weather! I even have daffodils blooming!

Thank you all, for the warm welcome.

I see that a lot of you are runners, in fact I think Gayle is training for an upcoming Halfie. I have been a lifelong runner/jogger and love the freedom of outdoor running year round. However, with this 12 week challenge it will take a back burner for occasional extra cardio.

I did Leg/core cardio today:

B&G warm up (I use a small 6lb. pliable med ball)
Burn It Up- standing legs and core
B&G- Side Hammer Lunges, Squat/Lunge series, Squats and Firewalker
B&G stretch

M1- 1 egg, 3 whites, laughing cow scramble, veggie patty
M2- Whole wheat/flax wrap, 4oz lean roast beef, hots
M3- Myoplex Lite shake
M4- 4oz baked chix parm, 1/4 cottage cheese, garden salad, Ken's Italian light
M5- Chocolate Chip protein pancakes

My Hubby and I spent all weekend rejuvenating, reseeding our front lawn. Literally hours walking, shoveling, bending, etc... I am tired.

I have to get my measurments tonight or tomorrow. I'm very hopeful about the weeks to come. Thanks pals.

Sue

Hi to you all,

Just back from the beach. The boys wanted to take their kites out. They had a really great time. It was cold though!

Hello Kathy: It makes it really tough to run when your legs feel like lead. But you did it and what a great job!
How nice that your DH got a new bike. Even better that you both can go exploring new territory. Check out the Rails to Trails website for some really nice biking paths. I love this site and now have quite the collection of trail books!

DH has the silicone drying for the night on the roof so we can finish it up tomorrow.

I am looking forward to checking out your TM hill workout! It sounds great. I will have to put it into the TM program for DH to try out too.

Boston Marathon tomorrow! Anyone watching this? My DD and I watch this every year.

Hey Melissa: Wow DOMS all over? Doesn’t it get you good!?

Sherry: The PUB workout was right on target for me today. I haven’t been able to get in that run as of yet. Just too many house issues today. I took a break with the kids and went to the beach for awhile. It was well worth it.

Nice run/walk for you today! When/where is that 5K? I am sure you will do great.

My DH brought up the subject of my friends on-line and getting together sometime. Of course I just had to say that there is such a thing as this and it is called the Road Trip. I told him that I would love to go sometime. He thought it was a great idea to think about. (Of course that means not right now….)

Cyber RT will have to do for now. Your idea sounds great! Let’s do it!

Hello Sue: Great workout! Love those firewalkers! Great job on your menu as well. What do you have in mind for tomorrows workout?
It is hard work reseeding the lawn so this is a bonus workout for you.{)

Well….it is getting late. We’re going to watch a movie with the kids. I will check-in with you all early tomorrow. Have a great night. Heidi

Hey to Gayle, Carolyn and Michelle! I hope you all had a great weekend.

Hi girls,

sorry I didn't checked back in today! I had a busy day! I went to my DH Alesia's honors convocation! She was honered for beeing "Outstanding Senior in Organizatinal and Corporate Communication"! After that her BF's day invited us for dinner ( real Mexican food!) It was delish! I did end up doing my BFL style UB workout on the Bowflex at 8 pm!

Heidi** I am sorry you couldn’t sleep either! I feel like I am up most of the night! That time change is killing me! I need some Zzzz! I also played catch up with my workout! Glad you had fun at the beach today!

Stephanie** I am an Army wife for almost 26 years! I am used to not having my DH around! I am cleaning the kitchen cabinets inside and out! I also rewashing all my dishes in the kitchen by hand, since my dish washer is leaving nasty spots on all my dishes! I also live in the desert and everything is so dusty here! I will be cleaning for the next few weeks! I hate the dust here!

Sherry** I am so happy I found the manual online! It really helps! I am waiting for my DOMS to kick in! I think once the house is clean and ready to move I can relax! We Germans are little nuts when it comes to cleaning! I think I was born with a cleaning rag and a bucket! LOL! Hope your enjoyed your run today! I love your cyber RT idea!

Hi Sue and WELCOME! Great job on your leg workout!

Amelia** your new diet sounds interesting! Great job on your workout!

Kathy** congrats on your 12 miler today! I talk to my DH every day!

Melissa** what rotation are you doing? Great job on your DOMS!

Good night!
Belinda

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid16930497

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.